Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Improving Skyrim / Recommended Mods thread (Mostly about Requiem)

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Rolf/Hadvar tell you to go to Solitude/Windhelm you can do this after sending the Guards to Riverwood; BFB can be Dungeon you clear loooooooooooooong after joining the Civil War and adventuring there, moreover if you don't like Requiem much try SkyRE it has much more fluid and gradual progression; still don't expect to tank without at least Steel Armor, Shield and some perk in both or not doing RTFM thingy. Cleared FBF on level 10 after being beaten by bandits and returning with Companion Interesting NPCs mod put there; You may consider turning on ''Dance of Death'' which will turn off the Kill Cams it helps a lot. OR you can always play Vanilla if it is more to like; Nobody is forcing you to play with Mods which are hardcore by design.

Tigranes

Arcane
So am I hearing right, this 'Requiem' has revamped Skyrim's gameplay for the better? I've been scared to read the thread too closely after it was full of that dude posting pics of the female vampire with abs or some shit. It wasn't a terrible game, I wouldn't mind a second run through if there's a constellation of mods that make the combat / progression less silly.

Commissar Draco

Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Yes and not; it changed much but not all of them are changes for good and its one ESP so you have to take all of it or None. SkyRe on the other hand is much more modular which means you take what you want but it needs lot of suplementery mods to cover as much as Requiem does; Choices&Consequences.

Tigranes

Arcane
I was hoping someone would share their modlist. Cowardly decline shit, I know, but I'm working 16 hour days at the moment...

Well, I'll look those two up when I'm free, thanks for the tips.

Commissar Draco

Patron
I was hoping someone would share their modlist. Cowardly decline shit, I know, but I'm working 16 hour days at the moment...

Well, I'll look those two up when I'm free, thanks for the tips.

http://www.skyrimgems.com/

GameMode=Skyrim

Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
Dragonborn.esm=1
ApachiiHairFemales.esm=1
RaceCompatibility.esm=1
actorEvents.esm=1
Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm=1
SexLab.esm=1
SexLabAroused.esm=1
SPIKE.esm=1
ZaZAnimationPack.esm=1
Devious Devices - Assets.esm=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
DBBookBounds.esp=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp=1
Chesko_Frostfall.esp=1
Cutting Room Floor.esp=1
Better Towns Textures.esp=1
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp=1
Hunterborn.esp=1
Hunterborn_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
Hunterborn_Frostfall-Patch.esp=1
Ish's Respec Mod.esp=1
JBS_banking_redux.esp=1
LoversComfort.esp=1
MF_RadiantProstitution.esp=1
MF_SpectatorCrowds.esp=1
SexLab Dangerously Nude.esp=1
SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp=1
SexLabSquirt.esp=1
SexLab_DibellaCult.esp=1
SexLabNudeCreatures.esp=1
SexLab_Paycrime.esp=1
SexWithThieves.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp=1
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp=1
Tamriel Compendium - Skill Books.esp=1
WetandCold.esp=1
WetandCold - Ashes.esp=1
Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp=1
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=1
towConversation.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Baraban-Dawnguard-Plate.esp=1
Baraban-Steel-Helms.esp=1
Baraban-Steel-Plate.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Cloaks - Dawnguard.esp=1
1nivWICCloaks.esp=1
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp=1
DawnguardPaladinArmorCP.esp=1
EdhildilsWitchDoctor.esp=1
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
imp_helm.esp=1
imperialshield.esp=1
impgen.esp=1
LeftHandRings.esp=1
LeftHandRings - Dawnguard.esp=1
Shields of Jorrvaskr by Hothtrooper44.esp=1
StormLord.esp=1
Twohanded Dawnbreaker.esp=1
Lock Overhaul.esp=1
SkyRe_Main.esp=1
SkyRe_Combat.esp=1
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp=1
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp=1
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp=1
SkyRe_Survivalism.esp=1
Morrowloot.esp=1
Bards&Merchants.esp=1
Destroy the Thieves Guild.esp=1
FM - Lakeview Library.esp=1
Lakeview_Extended.esp=1
Lakeview_Extended_Basement.esp=1
Proudspire Manor Refurbished.esp=1
Run For Your Lives.esp=1
The Paarthurnax Dilemma.esp=1
Advanced Shrines.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-Hearthfire.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-PaarDilemmaPatch.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp=1
Book Covers Skyrim.esp=1
Book Covers Dawnguard.esp=1
Book Covers Hearthfire.esp=1
Book Covers Dragonborn.esp=1
Civil War Overhaul.esp=1
ESFCompanions.esp=1
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp=1
FrostHorseWhite.esp=1
Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp=1
NudeYngvildSpirits.esp=1
Schlongs of Skyrim.esp=1
SOS - VectorPlexus Muscular Addon.esp=1
SexLab Solutions.esp=1
SexLab Submit.esp=1
Convenient Horses.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-DG-DB-Immersive Creatures EBT Patch.esp=1
TheChoiceIsYours.esp=1
TheChoiceIsYours_Dawnguard.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch.esp=1
Thieves Guild Requirements.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch.esp=1
TimingIsEverything.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-TimingIsEverythingPatch.esp=1
xazPrisonOverhaul.esp=1
Drinking Fountains of Skyrim.esp=1
Helgen Reborn.esp=1
BFT Ships and Carriages - HF.esp=1
RealisticRoomRental.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch.esp=1
RRR_Hearthfire-Patch.esp=1
RRR_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - NoTaverns.esp=1
ELFXEnhancer.esp=1
PrivateNeeds.esp=1
DG-NoAttacks.esp=1
Sethai&Elthrai.esp=1
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp=1
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
SexLab Cumshot.esp=1
CustomRaces.esp=1
TemptressVixen.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp=1
RND_Dragonborn-Patch.esp=1
RND_DrinkingFountains-Patch.esp=1
Hunterborn_RND-Patch.esp=1
RND_USKP-Patch.esp=1
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul.esp=1
UFO - Dawnguard AddOn.esp=1
UFO - Heartfire AddOn.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-UFOPatch.esp=1
Aeri.esp=1
CamillaValerius.esp=1
Jasmina.esp=1
Saadia.esp=1
Sylgja.esp=1
Uthgerd Kriegswolfe.esp=1
Ysolda.esp=1
NonEssentialChildren.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-NECPatch.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp=1
SkyRe_Races.esp=1
ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp=1
FollowerCompatibility.esp=1
ReProccer.esp=1
BeeingFemale.esp=1
outhouse.esp=1
Sunburst Dawnbreaker.esp=1
traditionalmarriage.esp=1
Tribal Tattoo Overlays.esp=1
Realistic Gold Weight.esp=1

Edited for improved list; Mod List created by BOSS which can be found here:

http://boss-developers.github.io/ Works better than one made manualy by Commissar. :lol:

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
So am I hearing right, this 'Requiem' has revamped Skyrim's gameplay for the better? I've been scared to read the thread too closely after it was full of that dude posting pics of the female vampire with abs or some shit. It wasn't a terrible game, I wouldn't mind a second run through if there's a constellation of mods that make the combat / progression less silly.

They made combat hard.
Really hard.
Now I don't think the base combat is good.
Stealth Archery is still the same opener, though undead are now immune to that.
But... I gotta say,...it is still is flawed.
BUT IT'S HARD.
Get it?
It's HARD, so there's a sense of achievement to be had in beating a dungeon.
And I recall some of the rewards felt worth it.
Unlike scaled chests after beating down 20 frickin scaled ghouls...

Commissar Draco

Patron
Reman Cyrodil was Colovian Hick too Comrade; it is not Septim's Empire nor Nord one but Cyrodelic Empire blessed by Akatosh dating back to Saint Alessia; We can't be even sure Titus Mede was not Dragonborn with Chim-el Adabal being shatered by Martin, Fires in the Temple of the One being replaced by Akatosh Avatar Statue and Dragons gone; You need only to be accepted by Akatosh as lawful ruler to be Dragonborn and Titus Mede was acknowledged as such by all Tamariel's Provinces except of Argonia and Thalmor faction in Summerset Isle.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

This is my complete mod list, but the load order isn't correct (use BOSS and Mod Organizer - which I feel is better than Manager - to make it work):
3DNPC v2 90 Beta - Adds a bunch of decent quests and voice acted npcs to the game.
A Quality World Map - Better worldmap.
Alternate Start - Live Another Life - Choose how you start the game instead of sitting through the crappy intro. Get it. It really is that good.
ApachiiSkyHair v 1 5 Full - More hair options.
Apocalypse Spell Pack - Bunch of cool spells that are semi-balanced and lore friendly.
Better Dynamic Snow - Snow appearance.
Better Vampires 6.41 - Again, must have.
BetterShapedWeapons DSR Addon - these mods make bladed weapons actually look sharp vs vanilla.
BetterShapedWeapons LeanWolf
Calientes Vanilla Armor -- Combined Pack v2-1 - these mods make all armor look better for CBBE.
Calientes Vanilla Armor -- Soldier Pack
Climates Of Tamriel - Dawnguard Patch - I guess this makes things look better by adding more nature stuff.
Climates Of Tamriel – Dragon-born Patch
Climates Of Tamriel - Sounds - Nature sounds to go with the nature stuff.
Cloaks of Skyrim 1-2
Cloaks of Skyrim 1-2 Dawnguard
Convenient Horses - Makes horses no longer retards that attack everything.
Dead Body Collision - Makes dead bodies have substance, rather than being able to walk through a dragon corpse...
Deadly Dragons - makes dragons really tough vs pushovers like in vanilla.
Dragon Soul Relinquishment - do something with all your extra dragon souls.
Enhanced Blood Textures 3 5b - more, better looking blood.
Enhanced Character Edit - more options to shape your character. Another must have.
Enhanced Lights and FX - Get it!!! Indoor environments never looked so good at almost zero performance hit!
Enhanced Lights and FX - Dawnguard
Enhanced Lights and FX - Dragonborn
Feminine Running Animation v1-1 non BBP pack
Footprints - everyone leaves footprints in snow etc.
Frostfall 2 5 Release - cold becomes actually cold. You can die of exposure etc. Adds campfire and shelter mechanics. Optionally affect vampires or not.
Get Snowy V4 - visual effects from cold apply to characters.
IA v6 BETA - Immersive armor pack adds tons of lore friendly armor to the game.
Immersive Weapons - same for weapons.
Killable Children - BOSS Compatible - children are no longer immortals.
Levelers Tower V35 Resources - cool for testing out characters in combat and stuff + very advanced cheat mod, if you want that. Not lore friendly.
Levelers Tower v35a ESM
Lustmord Armor V1-2 SD
Project Reality - Climates Of Tamriel-V3 - part of climates above.
Realistic Force - NPCs no longer fly for miles from a single arrow hit...
Realistic Needs and Diseases - hunger, thirst, sleep, etc - and turns off if you become a vampire...though you'll need sleep still and blood instead of food and water.
Reduced Distance NPC Greetings - eh, can cause problems, but I like it because people stop looking at me and saying weird crap all the time.
ReProccer - for SkyRe. Use the link in the SkyRe user guide.
Run For Your Lives - people run from dragons and vampires rather than being slaughtered like helpless fools and depopulating the game like in vanilla.
SBF - All In One esp - replace ugly companions faces with prettier ones. Recommended if you have a dick.
Sjel Blad Castle - v1 - Giant ass castle mod...but I don't like how it's just there and you don't buy it or anything. Pretty though.
Skyrim -Community- Uncapper - level skills forever - skill effects scale to 199.
SkyUI - get it!!!!
SLF Hair - LITE - 1K - improves hair textures.
SMIM Meshes - GET IT!!! Replaces ugly Bethesda models with better ones at almost no performance hit.
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - Part of above. Replaces ugly Bethesda models with better ones at almost no performance hit.
T3nd0s Skyrim Redone - AKA SkyRe. Modular overhaul that redoes perks right and rebalances combat etc. I like it.
The Eyes Of Beauty PLAYER Unleashed - More eyes.
UFO - Dragonborn AddOn - UFO is supposed to help followers be better. They are still dumb, but you have more control over them...
UFO - Ultimate Follower Overhaul Compatibility Version
Underworld Dawnguard - Blue Vampire Version - Yeeeeeessssss... Vampire eyes are no longer Extremely freaky looking in dawnguard. Now they are just blue and glowy...
Underworld Dawnguard - Dark Lycan Eyes - Black werewolf eyes
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch - ALL UNOFFICIAL PATCHES ARE MUST HAVES AND FIX MASSIVE BUGS. You'll still find things that need to be fixed though. I think the patch might have created a quest stopping bug in the mages guild questline though. it makes an area collapsed that shouldn't be in the book finding quest. I needed to use the "TCL" command in order to clip through it...
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch
Unofficial Skyrim Patch
I'm also using the Nova Performance version of RealVision ENB, but ENBs have caused problems for others and frankly the performance version doesn't make too much of a difference, so (unless you've got a very beefy rig and can max the settings of the full version) I don't recommend bothering with ENBs right off the bat... I recommend SkyRe over Requiem (as it offers more challenge without making the game insanely difficult, but get deadly dragons as SkyRe doesn't touch dragons) - the reproccer in this list is for SkyRe and basicaly patches weapons other mods included so that they are compatible with SkyRe.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heresiarch

Prophet
Yuck, I've installed a sex mod (Sex Addict), and tried to have fun with these nicely made girls...and it was horrible. Sure they look cute on those screenshots, but just like real women look better on covers, these girls in game with their inhuman unnatural way they move, the incredibly dumb AI, combined with the horrendous sex animation (her floating above me, my dick penetrating only air, shiny cum texture which looks like mercury, etc), and when they finish their body would collapse like a banana due to the engine's ragdoll...it just looks so, wrong, macabre, bizarre. I can't imagine anyone getting hard looking at it, let alone being able to wank to it. It's seriously such a waste. So beautiful female models but only good for making screenshots? And I can't find a good Japanese sex mod so far. Besides, Japanese 3D hentai look soooo much more professional and sexy and "usable" compared to Skyrim's amateurish 3D sex attempt. They even hire professional voice actress for god sake! And all I got in Sex Addict was generic moaning. It sounds even more artificial than synthesized voices. And the animation. Oh god the animation. My character could slide along the road during sex and my mistress would teleport around to fit my position. My character and my mistress' heads would turn around looking at random NPC. And the most ridiculous part: while having sex in the inn, the girl I was banging with would suddenly stand up and clap to the local bard who just finished a song, leaving my character banging the earth. Christ, this shit is ruining my testosterone, my libido, my sexualism by bringing out so much hilarious scenes during sex. SEX! Any good fool proof, wankable sex mod around?

Sex mods are the silliest stuff to me. I remember seeing an RK47 Let's Play where he's banging the preacher from Whiterun while he's still giving his speech. Scarred me for life that did...

DraQ

Arcane
An arrow to the face is lethal, a dagger to the throat is even more.
Actually, I don't think broadhead would make much different wound channel from a dagger stab. If anything arrow fired from powerful bow, up close might penetrate much deeper - longer wound channel and more likelihood of getting through vital organs.

It's not just having a piece of stick in you. On the tip of that stick is relatively broad, sharp blade that has left deep cuts on both sides of wound channel that are much wider than stick can plug.

Plus deep, penetrating wounds are generally more lethal than slashes or broken bones.

Sure, Requiem would be better if instead of massive instant damage you'd have bleeding over time, locational damage and even pain effects, but let's get real - any extra effects would have to be fed through Skyrims sluggish and buggy script engine meant only for handling semi-rare events, not every single blow in combat.
There is a reason why I don't use locational damage mod any more even though I really liked it.

Like I said on the last page, playing without magic is more than viable, it's in fact a very attractive proposition. I wasn't exaggerating when I said I (a high level thief) can take down dragons and dwemer constructs--two of the toughest enemies in Requiem--without taking a single scratch.
Stealth and archery really shine against casters too.
You can't buff against what you can't see, you can't carpet fireball something you don't know is there and in the end an arrow doesn't discriminate between a man in enchanted bathrobe and a beggar in rags.
I did tackle Bleak Falls Barrow at about level 6. It's manageable. You need some patience navigating the dungeon because your sneak skill is low. But you do need the two ranks of the first perk to have any chance. Arrows are apparently ineffective against draugr, but not when you can shoot the same arrows from the safety of shadows toward traps, luring draugr to instant death.
:salute:
Can you smelt silverware in Requiem (I know you can recycle awful lot of stuff)? You could always consider stealing some and making yourself silver arrows if you have basic crafting perks.

If you weren't lazy to read the manual, you'd notice this:
igiD7GiJq0Zf.jpg
So as you may see, Bleak Falls Barrow isn't "starter dungeon".
I'm not sure bears should be low level - they are fucking scary to low level characters. Same as sabercats.

What is stupid is--besides you going on and on without having even played the mod--is you stating "arrows are a bigger threat than swords" just by looking at some damage numbers. You completely ignore the context of battle conditions under which such damage may be incurred. And those conditions vary from build to build, so that it may very easily shift from "arrows are a bigger threat than swords" to "swords are a bigger threat than arrows". For example, archers pose negligible threat to low level thieves. Enemies with swords are much more dangerous since they may not be able to take them out with a single hit.
:bro:

Things shift between easy and fucking scary depending on your build and inventory in Requiem.

I tried awful creations by desperate landwhales for desperate landwhales and lo behold! they were awful!
:hearnoevil:
:hmmm:

Are you a desperate landwhale, Heresiarch?

Lhynn

Arcane
penetrating
Thats all i read, im such an immature fuck.

Anyway, yes and no, an arrow can be lethal, it usually isnt tho, unless it hits you on a vital spot. getting split in half by a sword or my head exploding by warhammer sounds a lot more dangerous and harmful to my immediate personal health than a stick in the shoulder.

DraQ

Arcane
penetrating

Anyway, yes and no, an arrow can be lethal, it usually isnt tho, unless it hits you on a vital spot. getting split in half by a sword or my head exploding by warhammer sounds a lot more dangerous and harmful to my immediate personal health than a stick in the shoulder.
Except it's not that easy to just split or explode someone and even a shitty iron battleaxe brought down on your head in a forceful blow (power attack) will kill you dead in Requiem with more certainty than an arrow, even if you're heavily armoured.

Lhynn

Arcane
Except it's not that easy to just split or explode someone and even a shitty iron battleaxe brought down on your head in a forceful blow (power attack) will kill you dead in Requiem with more certainty than an arrow, even if you're heavily armoured.
True enough, if all iron weapons power attack are OHK its good enough for me.

Depends (too much imho) on distance. I'd say you are a lot more likely to survive a power attack than a point blank arrow in Requiem.

DraQ

Arcane
True enough, if all iron weapons power attack are OHK its good enough for me.
I once got careless and OHK'd with plain iron battleaxe by a riff-raf in shitty fur skirt despite having a tincan capable of effectively cutting his way through bandit camp full of archers and melee attackers without significant risk or taking much damage, only because I let him flank me and get a power attack in.

Melee is generally hard in Requiem, you need to disrupt or dodge enemy power attacks with no delay, block and avoid getting disrupted yourself. Also, if the enemy has a longer reach weapon, and you reflexively try to step away while they try power attack, then you're dead meat.
You need to overcome fear and step towards your enemy to interrupt and take away their advantage.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
http://www.rcrncommunity.com/

Jeez... Skyrim mods has turned into some kind of crazy cult while I wasn't looking.

Real Volumetric Fog
When active, volumetric fog will be generated during foggy weathers aimed to add depthness to the fog it self. We merged the coding power of MannyGT with the design capabilities of the RCRN Team. The result of this are 3 different volumetric presets (OFF/DOF ONLY – SUBTLE – HEAVY) to accomodate your preferences!

Volumetric Fog comes with a very little performance hit, but if your VGA can’t handle it you can simply and quickly disable it via our Customizer!

For RCRN Manual Installation users, there is also a one more optional setting, they can choose the use the FULL version of our Volumetric, that will trigger everywhere during every foggy weather or they can use the LITE version that will trigger everywhere but with the exception of Riften. This possibility has been added because in the Riften area there is a lot of fog usually, and it may cause slowdowns with not-so-recent hardware!

TwinPass HDR
Again a step ahead of other mods, after being the first mod to introduce a real HDR Engine we now double it! The “doublepass” system renders the HDR one more time before the final result. This method produces better reflections and brighter days, without ruining the color balance like a too powerful single pass HDR does!
Developed by the RCRN team, the Adaptive HDR system guarantees warmer colors during certain hours, such as sunset and dawn, but also an even brighter daytime! Everything is based on a Real Life color palette!

In RCRN 3.0 we totally reworked the HDR process in order to make it more dynamic. It now uses brand new calculations and a Twin Passes system instead of the 2 different passes we used previously. The end product grants you an improved experience and a lower performance hit, as we also rebuilt over the 75% of RCRN in order to perfectly match the upgraded HDR!

Dynamic Interiors
This brand new feature developed by RCRN team for RCRN 3.0 is available only with our mod. Around Skyrim there are about 30 places that are now using this exclusive Dynamic Interiors feature, which grants you a totally new indoor experience. Interior lighting has been finely tuned and reworked in order to perfectly match the outdoor weather and timecycle. This means you can experience the stunning sunrise and sunsets of dawn and dusk… but also the tranquil cascading Auroras , while resting your weary legs sitting on a chair at your favorite inn! Several notorious places such as DragonsReach, Breezehome, Solitude Bard’s College and more… are using this new Dynamic Interiors system!
Let me remind you this is basically just an FXAA injector.

Lancehead

Liturgist
Sure, Requiem would be better if instead of massive instant damage you'd have bleeding over time, locational damage and even pain effects, but let's get real - any extra effects would have to be fed through Skyrims sluggish and buggy script engine meant only for handling semi-rare events, not every single blow in combat.
There is a reason why I don't use locational damage mod any more even though I really liked it.
At least Requiem does have some status effects if you're low on attributes, such as a chance to be disarmed with each hit if you're low on stamina, reduced damage, slower swings and bow draws, etc.

Can you smelt silverware in Requiem (I know you can recycle awful lot of stuff)? You could always consider stealing some and making yourself silver arrows if you have basic crafting perks.
Yes.

Heresiarch

Prophet
http://www.rcrncommunity.com/

Jeez... Skyrim mods has turned into some kind of crazy cult while I wasn't looking.

Real Volumetric Fog
When active, volumetric fog will be generated during foggy weathers aimed to add depthness to the fog it self. We merged the coding power of MannyGT with the design capabilities of the RCRN Team. The result of this are 3 different volumetric presets (OFF/DOF ONLY – SUBTLE – HEAVY) to accomodate your preferences!

Volumetric Fog comes with a very little performance hit, but if your VGA can’t handle it you can simply and quickly disable it via our Customizer!

For RCRN Manual Installation users, there is also a one more optional setting, they can choose the use the FULL version of our Volumetric, that will trigger everywhere during every foggy weather or they can use the LITE version that will trigger everywhere but with the exception of Riften. This possibility has been added because in the Riften area there is a lot of fog usually, and it may cause slowdowns with not-so-recent hardware!

TwinPass HDR
Again a step ahead of other mods, after being the first mod to introduce a real HDR Engine we now double it! The “doublepass” system renders the HDR one more time before the final result. This method produces better reflections and brighter days, without ruining the color balance like a too powerful single pass HDR does!
Developed by the RCRN team, the Adaptive HDR system guarantees warmer colors during certain hours, such as sunset and dawn, but also an even brighter daytime! Everything is based on a Real Life color palette!

In RCRN 3.0 we totally reworked the HDR process in order to make it more dynamic. It now uses brand new calculations and a Twin Passes system instead of the 2 different passes we used previously. The end product grants you an improved experience and a lower performance hit, as we also rebuilt over the 75% of RCRN in order to perfectly match the upgraded HDR!

Dynamic Interiors
This brand new feature developed by RCRN team for RCRN 3.0 is available only with our mod. Around Skyrim there are about 30 places that are now using this exclusive Dynamic Interiors feature, which grants you a totally new indoor experience. Interior lighting has been finely tuned and reworked in order to perfectly match the outdoor weather and timecycle. This means you can experience the stunning sunrise and sunsets of dawn and dusk… but also the tranquil cascading Auroras , while resting your weary legs sitting on a chair at your favorite inn! Several notorious places such as DragonsReach, Breezehome, Solitude Bard’s College and more… are using this new Dynamic Interiors system!
Let me remind you this is basically just an FXAA injector.

I've tried RCRN and but it made the fonts blurry, even with FXAA and Sharpening all switched off. Also for some reason it makes my game's lighting blurry as well. They have made the night pitch dark which may or may not a good thing for everyone.

I would switch to RCRN because Climates of Tamriel really doesn't provide much obvious improvements for me, but hey CoT is more popular...

DraQ

Arcane
I also love how keeping up pools in Requiem is serious business.

There is no bullshit regen, not even when sleeping (you don't sleep over penetrating wounds and shit) so you need to actively heal to heal, keeping stamina up is both vital and hard, while expending magicka can also be your final tactical error.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I think Climates of Tamriel actually does overhaul the lighting. It also adds more skyboxes, I'm pretty sure. At times it can get very pretty with basically no performance hit.

For what it's worth I think RCRN looks good - the lighting is more dramatic and striking, and the colours are more balanced than stock - but the rest of the improvements they cite seem subtle as hell and really aren't worth obsessing over.

I mean, they even go on and on on their web site about how they've "upgraded" the "torch engine" in the game by increasing the torch light radius or some such bullshit. It makes my head spin.

Gord

Arcane
penetrating

Always hitting a vital spot with an arrow isn't easy either, yet you die 100% from them when <150m or so.
Arrows should be made less lethal, making it possible to survive one hit by them, albeit barely.
Expending resources to recover is a better punishment than "lol, you're dead, reload!"

Lhynn

Arcane
penetrating

Always hitting a vital spot with an arrow isn't easy either, yet you die 100% from them when <150m or so.
Arrows should be made less lethal, making it possible to survive one hit by them, albeit barely.
Expending resources to recover is a better punishment than "lol, you're dead, reload!"
no, you see, you gotta dodge them, railguns are ok as long as you dont get hit.

Lancehead

Liturgist

You're missing the point of that comparison. Since there is no locational damage, when you draw a bow all the way back, it's an equivalent power attack (i.e., equivalent to hitting a vital spot). Try shooting arrows with partial draw and see how effective that is.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom