Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland inXile Backer Retention Poll

How many of inXile's crowdfunding campaigns did you back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SniperHF

Arcane
3/Not this time.

I don't back multiplatform games. Well at least before they pull a bait and switch anyway :M

Fig might have kept me away on principle too.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I previously backed 3 inXile campaigns but WILL NOT back Wasteland 3

Not going to back this at this time. I want to see how Torment and Bard's Tale turn out first, and see if they are working on making the kind of games that I enjoy. I don't really care that they are now console focused titles (I understand that anyways), but if they can deliver a fun and solid gaming experience (and turn-based), I'll probably keep supporting them. And FFS! People don't even MAKE turn-based games anymore. Not even fucking JPRG developers (fuck you Square)! Also, I still haven't finished Wasteland 2 yet, so I don't really have any opinion on that. But I DO get that was their first game, and it was done during a whirl of chaos.

I do wish them luck on this (and I know it will make it's funding goal).

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
People don't even MAKE turn-based games anymore. Not even fucking JPRG developers (fuck you Square)!

Expeditions: Viking, D:OS 2, StarCrawlers, Battle Brothers, Regalia (a jRPG), South Park 2, Copper Dreams, the SitS expansion, Dungeon Rats, Archmage Rises, Vigilantes, Demons Age, Torment 2, and the Eisenwald expansion are all supposed to come out within the next ten months or so. We don't know when Swords and Sorcery – Sovereign, the Dwarf Run prequel, the Voidspire Tactics sequel, Styg's about-to-be-announced project, Stellar Tactics, Knights of the Chalice 2, Frayed Knights 2, Bard's Tale 4, the Colony Ship game, Dungeons of Aledorn, and Grimoire will come out, but at least one or two of them should be releasing in 2017 as well. That's a pretty decent range of offerings.

If this remains a typical volume of turn based games per year, there should be at least 48 turn based RPGs released between now and Wasteland 3.

Last edited:

Starwars

Arcane
Backed Torment and I think I will probably enjoy that one quite a lot based on the beta.

Ended up getting Wasteland 2 after its release and it had its moments but was very uneven for me and not a great experience overall. Don't think I'll be backing Wasteland 3.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
The games can never be what you imagine they would be. Corps can get investors and Indies only need Figstarters to pay for fancy art.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm backing, also added alpha access so I can create videos for you guys.

Can't invest yet and they haven't given us a way to buy Game Shares(tm) for PSY2 yet, so I'm woefully optimistic that this game might get that option too.

agris

Arcane
Patron
I previously backed 3 inXile campaigns but WILL NOT back Wasteland 3

Not going to back this at this time. I want to see how Torment and Bard's Tale turn out first, and see if they are working on making the kind of games that I enjoy. I don't really care that they are now console focused titles (I understand that anyways), but if they can deliver a fun and solid gaming experience (and turn-based), I'll probably keep supporting them. And FFS! People don't even MAKE turn-based games anymore. Not even fucking JPRG developers (fuck you Square)! Also, I still haven't finished Wasteland 2 yet, so I don't really have any opinion on that. But I DO get that was their first game, and it was done during a whirl of chaos.

I do wish them luck on this (and I know it will make it's funding goal).
that plus a dose of WL2 sucked. I wish them well, but I need to play an inXile game that's fun before I preorder my 4th.

twincast

Learned
Patron
In My Safe Space
Let's see what effect Kickstarter fatigue, backer experiences, inXile's extremely long development cycle, their recent behaviour and other factors have on Wasteland 3 figstarter.
KS fatigue isn't really an issue; I stopped looking for stuff myself ages ago, but when pointed to a campaign, I am still as likely to back (or not) as before. The long dev cycles (and WL2's averageness) I can deal with; less so with their dumbing down of ToN's gameplay, which is quite frankly the main reason the likelihood of me backing WL3 is, all things considered, at a solid zero. And, of course, it being on Fig and Brother Klan's Gamescom fiasco (although the eye-opening thread provided me with so many LOLs, it was almost worth it) and other assorted Fargoan douchebaggery since BT4's KS campaign don't exactly help. As for the game itself: The new stuff sounds mostly good, the changed stuff sounds mostly bad; kind of balances out. Anyway, I am happy for Brotherhood Games and may very well end up buying the game in 201921, but just like with Double Fine, I refuse to commit a glorified prepurchase of anything by inXile ever again.

Last edited:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Found WL2 very boring and didn't make it through. Torment is turning out very different than the spiritual successor to P:T I was expecting. Bard's Tale seems to be a pipe dream with terrible video trailers. Yeah, I'm passing on WL3.

Gunnar

Arbiter
I normally never pre-order, but when these Kickstarter RPGs started coming out, I was so starved for quality RPGs that a temporary madness came over me. At this point I've come back to my senses and don't plan on backing anything anymore. If something good is released, I'll just buy it. However, even if I was still so inclined, I wouldn't back Wasteland 3. For one thing, Wasteland 2 wasn't a great game, and InXiles behavior since their first Kickstarter doesn't inspire confidence. I also don't like Fig and wouldn't back anything there regardless.

joelofdeath

Educated
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Name and shame:

h2slev9.png

Good company. I've enough money to back all sorts of crap, and Wasteland 2 was GfWiW.

Haven't touched nuTorment, but mostly psyched for BT4. Could be the best thing since MMX.

Lucky

Arcane
I back games that look promising and which need the money to realise their vision, which excludes all the InXile kickstarters. All I'd be doing is paying an excessive amount of money for a pre-order and some mediocre goodies. Their pitch also suggests that they're only doing his to offset part of the risk in producing this onto the consumer, which is not in line with the ideals behind the whole crowdsourcing movement. Most people won't care about that, but it's a misuse of these services that I will not support.

janjetina

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
I backed WL2 (which I haven't found time to play yet) and Torment, but got refunded for Torment after the console announcement and Codex blacklisting. I will not back any future inXile game, unless it satisfies my requirements and comes with enforceable guarantees, which is unlikely.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I backed W2.

I backed TToN.

I didn't back BT4 because I'm not interested in first-person crawlers.

I won't back W3 simply because it's disadvantageously for me with recent currency and it'll most likely have a much lower regional price.

mitochondritom

Educated
I didn't back Wasteland 2, but I do own it on GOG now after buying in a sale a last year (still not played). I backed Torment to the tune of ~ $50 which I am still looking forward to but I won't kickstart/figstart anything else from them until they deliver on Torment. I wouldn't say I have "kickstarter fatigue", though I still haven't tried or received most things I backed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I backed Torment and Wasteland 2 with a decent chunk of money.

I backed Wasteland 3 with $20.

Unwanted

Bésame Mucho

Unwanted
AoD sucked ass.
I followed AoD since 2007 and pirated so Im neutral. But I was disappointed. For interesting reasons to me.

It had insane reactivity, never seen so much variabitlity in one place. The combat was surprisingly nice. Idgaf about teleporting. The economy even held to degree. Didnt use crafting since its Tzeetch corruption.

But the most banal shit boring part was the plot... If there was one... And Im a combat fag... Terminator and all that. I guess thats what you get if you want cnc.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom