Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland inXile Backer Retention Poll

How many of inXile's crowdfunding campaigns did you back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saxon1974

Prophet
Not sure I'll back this, looks good but finances a bit tight (3 kids lol) and no time so already have a large backlog of games. I do love me some CE cloth map, printed manual boxes. Doubt I will do that this time though.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have decided to cancel my pledge, wait for release and buy a boxed copy that will inevitably be released here in Poland (if the game is good) or grab it at a digital sale (if it is less than good).

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I backed WL2 and BT4.
After the gamescom fiasco and their unwillingness to make up for any of it, they can go fuck themselves.

sser

Arcane
Developer
I haven't backed any games of any sort on any platform. The only one I could think of possibly backing was if the Stasis guy got involved with a Crusader reboot. Coincidentally, W3 takes me further away from that dream.

Severian Silk

I wait until Steam/GOG sales to buy games. And recent RPGs are not much to get excited about.

I made an exception for Underrail, and it was gud though.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Backed WL2 and Torment. I have the intention of backing WL3, but I'll see what more the campaign offers (beyond shitty stretch goals) and where the game's going before I make the final decision.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Currently 37 backers versus 150 non-backers, 95 of those being former backers. The love is gone.

It's okay, inXile clearly doesn't need or even want the support of this community anymore.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
They only needed it when there weren't any publishers or "investors" interested in them. Now they're big boys, no time to actually care about your customers.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Currently 37 backers versus 150 non-backers, 95 of those being former backers. The love is gone.

It's okay, inXile clearly doesn't need or even want the support of this community anymore.
You have to be a straight cuck if you're one of the regular slob neckbeards on here (thank goodness I'm not one) and back another inXile game.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You have to be a straight cuck if you're one of the regular slob neckbeards on here (thank goodness I'm not one) and back another inXile game.

If one likes Wasteland 2 and Torment EA, then Wasteland 3 is a safe bet.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This could result also from self-selection: that is, those who are most disappointed answer the poll more readily than others.

That being said, I backed WL2 and TToN with reasonably large pledges, but the trailer alone was enough to dissuade me from backing WL3.

DemonKing

Arcane
I was thinking of backing this but got in a grump when all the early backer cheap versions were sold out by the time I saw it was live (presumably because they open the backing in US time when we're all sleep in Aussieland). We already pay through the nose here for everything so it would have been nice if they'd made the early backer discount available for 24 hours after launch - when you limit it to a certain number of backers you are automatically excluding folk from different timezones from any chance to nab a cheaper code.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'd back InXile again, just not for as much. I still haven't worked up the courage to play TTON. I expect W3 will be at least above average, if it isn't I may never play TTON ever at all. In fact, I might chase out the dimensions of the box into a brick wall of my property and 'wall it up' like some kind of medievil torture process. Then it can be found in the distant future, where low IQ humanity will install it into their brains and revere it as a Codex of...something...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron

When the Bard's Tale comes out and at the very least has a good story and is funny, I hope you'll agree they're worth backing again. Nothing too extravagent. If the game isn't fun, and the writing isn't funny, then I think my overall interest in games will start tapering off. There's just not enough talent left in the industry to hold my attention and I think I'll be out.
Although Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky might pull me back in.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
I'd back InXile again, just not for as much. I still haven't worked up the courage to play TTON. I expect W3 will be at least above average, if it isn't I may never play TTON ever at all. In fact, I might chase out the dimensions of the box into a brick wall of my property and 'wall it up' like some kind of medievil torture process. Then it can be found in the distant future, where low IQ humanity will install it into their brains and revere it as a Codex of...something...

TToN was a really good crpg. Don't let other people tell you what is good or bad. Play it for yourself. The people saying its bad love Pokeman and think Zelda and Metal Gear are top tier rpgs. It has good chargen, chardev, rpg systems, combat, different but good itemization, and does nothing bad. Did it have way too much story and yapping? Yes, but as expected. Did it have recrtuitable companions instead of full party gen like all the best party based rpgs? Yes, but again, as expected.

If you like good crpgs TToN was one, hands down, for people with quality taste and a refined rpg palate. It was a horrible game to retarded posers that wanted a slightly interactive novel and where disappointed their expensive book had game shit and thinking in it.

But, again, don't take my word for it. Be a man and play it and decide for yourself. Don't be a hivemind nuCodex kid pissing your pants and jerking off to whatever hipster shit is currently popular.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I'll get around to it. I was after all a gold backer for W2,TTON and POE - but POE actually did some psychological damage that took me a while to recover from; which was why I just coasted through W2. Those three games represented the Holy Trinity of RPG for me - and then SOD came along, which was like the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost raping my teenage enthusiasm.
That's a lot to deal with dude. A guy could end up like Robert De Niro in The Untouchables just whispering to himself in a corner after all that ... enthusiasms ... enthusiasms ... enthusiasms ...

But yeah, I'll get round to it with a clear perspective.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom