Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Sumdrunkidiot: Like we'd pay attention to what the resident psycho drunk thinks. Lmao

Hmmm.... what would an elf raised by humans be like? It'd probably turn into a serial killer by 100 or more.
Considering all of the child rape they would have endured over the (however fucking many years people have decided elves are children for over the past 20 pages), yes.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Hmmm.... what would an elf raised by humans be like? It'd probably turn into a serial killer by 100 or more.
Considering all of the child rape they would have endured over the (however fucking many years people have decided elves are children for over the past 20 pages), yes.

I didn't write the rules for elves and their life stages. I'm merely the messenger.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Even if she is a little under 17, does it really matter? Her uncle gives you his permission when you recruit her.

Johannes

Arcane
"Remember, Jaheria will fuck the 20 year old elven PC just after her husband is tortured and murdered, but will treat the 60-100 year old elf like she is an infant. That us the crazy logic that dhe and the tools in this thread in an attempt yo label posters as 'pedos' for having sex with a 100 year old elf with their twenty year old? WTF?!?"

PC was raised by humans so matured at the same rate as a human. Aerie spent a good portion of her youth raised by elves, so she continues to act like a moody teen. Aerie may be older than Jaheira but she doesn't act like it.

Im just impressed so many Codex members participate in Romance and have an opinion on topics like this, outside of Bioware and Larian type forums I am use to being in the minority when I support optional Romance in most RPG
Romances are in a way quests like any other, maybe badly written but you might still want to go for it for the loot, xp, or whatever other rewards the plot entails. A lot of non-romance quests too are dumb or silly in their details, but you might still do them to get ahead.

Sykar

Arcane
precious.gif

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
While Aerie can be pretty powerful(with a selection of spells including both arcane and divine ones,not to mention using divine spells in sequencers and contingencies),she is so fucking annoying that I usually discard her right after I finish the Circus quest.
"Oh no,Gorion's Ward! My wings... *A few moments later* Anyway,did I tell you about my wings?"
Meanwhile companions like Keldorn(his suffering due to not being able to spend as much time with his family and his daughters,as his Paladin duties must come first,not to mention his many,MANY emotional and physical scars gained during his long service as a Paladin),Imoen(who was tortured by Irenicus and must constantly deal with the Bhaalspawn taint within her,which is why she is so jovial and happy go lucky,it is actually a shield against the Bhaalspawn taint...) or Sarevok(who experienced the horrors of the Abyss firsthand after you killed him,even though it was caused by his own actions and violent life and the soul crushing Bhaalspawn taint) do not annoyingly complain fucking constantly.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Notice how it's Aerie's baby, not *your* baby. So is it really your baby or is CHARNAME a cuck? You decide. Honestly, at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Aerie cucked him.

While Aerie can be pretty powerful(with a selection of spells including both arcane and divine ones,not to mention using divine spells in sequencers and contingencies),she is so fucking annoying that I usually discard her right after I finish the Circus quest.
"Oh no,Gorion's Ward! My wings... *A few moments later* Anyway,did I tell you about my wings?"
Meanwhile companions like Keldorn(his suffering due to not being able to spend as much time with his family and his daughters,as his Paladin duties must come first,not to mention his many,MANY emotional and physical scars gained during his long service as a Paladin),Imoen(who was tortured by Irenicus and must constantly deal with the Bhaalspawn taint within her,which is why she is so jovial and happy go lucky,it is actually a shield against the Bhaalspawn taint...) or Sarevok(who experienced the horrors of the Abyss firsthand after you killed him,even though it was caused by his own actions and violent life and the soul crushing Bhaalspawn taint) do not annoyingly complain fucking constantly.

Losing your wings as an Avariel would be akin to losing an arm and a leg as a normal humanoid so Aerie definitely has way more to complain about. She's basically a wounded metal gear solid character at the age of like 16 who was also a slave for a lot of her formative years.

"oh no but keldorn has a poor relationship with his family" lmao pussy needs to man up.

She does also get over it by ToB which is, what, like a few months later?

"SHE WAS ONLY 99 YEARS OLD YOU SICK FUCK"

Elves can life up to 1200 years. So assuming 80 years old as the human age, she is like a 6~8 yo children in human age. So, everyone who romanced her on BG2... She is bellow the age of concent in 99% of our world.

The main advantage of elves is the slow aging. However, vampire brides NEVER ages and a vampire bride will ALWAYS be loyal towards her master.

Sadly, BG3 will have a vampire spawn companion but no option to become a vampire...
So wait, according to this logic, if a woman ends up living to 120 years old, then when she was 18 she was the equivalent of a 15 year old woman with an 80 year lifespan?

So now you have to check ID and on top of that, try to figure out their real life expectancy?

:shredder:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"SHE WAS ONLY 99 YEARS OLD YOU SICK FUCK"

Elves can life up to 1200 years. So assuming 80 years old as the human age, she is like a 6~8 yo children in human age. So, everyone who romanced her on BG2... She is bellow the age of concent in 99% of our world.

The main advantage of elves is the slow aging. However, vampire brides NEVER ages and a vampire bride will ALWAYS be loyal towards her master.

Sadly, BG3 will have a vampire spawn companion but no option to become a vampire...
So wait, according to this logic, if a woman ends up living to 120 years old, then when she was 18 she was the equivalent of a 15 year old woman with an 80 year lifespan?

So now you have to check ID and on top of that, try to figure out their real life expectancy?

:shredder:

I already changed my mind about it.

wishbonetail

Learned
Love these threads. Underage according to what? Is she allowed to drink alcohol and copulate by USA law? Being of fantasy race in fantasy world? Sounds ridiculous.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom