Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Romances in RPGs were a mistake. This thread proves it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just reading this thread while waiting for my hot water tank to heat up for a shower.
You use a hot water tank? Wtf. Just turn the thingy to red and wait a few seconds.

Do you realise how much electricity the immersion heater uses? I could get another 100 hour session out of BG1, go into BG2 and wait for her to become an adult before romancing and bonking her with the amount of electricty they use.

Not to mention buy a new PC with the Jew gold I'd save on the electric bill.

-Typical comment for a monk.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Elves live in the same world as humans. They are naturaly more perceptive, intelligent and wise. Thus they actually learn quicker...? Come on?
Respective to the elf society, 99 years of experience can mean a child. Hower respective to the general world, it should amount to even more than 99 years of human experience.
So no, no pedofile. Gerontofile with some twists for the better.

thesecret1

Arcane
Seeing as how elves can be 12345 years old, yet still act like middle aged humans in most media, one can infer that elves are a race of long-lived retards that need centuries to learn what a human can learn in a year. As such, laying down with elves equals rape in all cases, as they lack the cognitive capacity to provide informed consent.

His Dudeness

Augur
Romance is only interesting when it relates to tragedy, as history has shown.

Regarding the morality of fucking an underage elf, while I understand the watering effects of processing every bit of creative material trough the mincing machine of modern twitter ethics, some conversations are just not worth having.

Norfleet

Do you realise how much electricity the immersion heater uses? I could get another 100 hour session out of BG1, go into BG2 and wait for her to become an adult before romancing and bonking her with the amount of electricty they use.
Using electricity to heat water is wasteful and pointless. You could just run the same electricity through your computer instead, and STILL heat the water WHILE doing some computaring with it.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
I romanced Aerie in my playthrough. Is she the only romance who gives you a kid? I didn't play far enough to find out but that's incline over any other childless option.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Guy at Black Isle: "Romance option for a good character should be something as close as possible to an angel, right?"
Other guy at Black Isle: "Yeah... but a Deva would be pretty on the nose, and they don't lose their powers very often."
G@BI: "So... how about an Avariel then... ?"
OG@BI: "Doable... but we can't make her fly. Unfortunately."
G@BI: "Just think of a reason for why her wings were cut off, and even write her story around that."
OG@BI: "I'll even make her a dual-class, to symbolize her conflicting duality of an winged elf forced to walk. Maybe even have her worship a gnomish god to highlight the same thing. Should do the trick."
G@BI: "Yeah! Let's do it!"

25 years later - this thread. *insert Picard facepalm here*

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I romanced Aerie in my playthrough. Is she the only romance who gives you a kid? I didn't play far enough to find out but that's incline over any other childless option.
Yeah, Aerie is the only one that gives you offspring that you can actually see. Can't remember if you can put the kid in the Bottomless Bag tho.
Jaheira is the best one mechanically, because you get some extra rings for mages, her unique pin, and get a fuckton of exp. And you get an extra chat with Elminster.
Viconia is interesting if you plan to not have any mages in the party. Esp. late-game when she's basically magic immune.

Lhynn

Arcane
Yes.
So its non consensual by its very nature, you rapist.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
What a great thread. I had some nice laughs. Good job everyone. I will now go make some chicken soup. Open up a can of sardines. Then dump it all over my soup and continue reading this fascinating thread.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Black Isle? BIS did not make Bgseries. They do what all publishers do. Do shitty QA, copy some disc's, and use their minions to try to take credit for others' work. Lmao BG series- for good or ill - was BIO's shit.

Last edited:

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Sardines + ??soup-type??
Oh yeah man. It's the best. I started it doing it a week ago. The idea just popped into my head while I was sitting on the couch reading the Codex. "What if I combined my favorite snack, sardines, with soup" - the results surprised me! Ever since, whenever I make soup. I just add sardines and it comes out nicely.

SumDrunkGuy

21 pages of codexers trying to figure out if they're pedophiles or not. Could have just asked me.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Sardines in bean soup with fried potatoes & onions put in. Maybe rosemary.

Maybe split pea & lentils.

Tomato soup would work well. Splash in some bbq sauce.

BruceVC

Magister
"Remember, Jaheria will fuck the 20 year old elven PC just after her husband is tortured and murdered, but will treat the 60-100 year old elf like she is an infant. That us the crazy logic that dhe and the tools in this thread in an attempt yo label posters as 'pedos' for having sex with a 100 year old elf with their twenty year old? WTF?!?"

PC was raised by humans so matured at the same rate as a human. Aerie spent a good portion of her youth raised by elves, so she continues to act like a moody teen. Aerie may be older than Jaheira but she doesn't act like it.

Im just impressed so many Codex members participate in Romance and have an opinion on topics like this, outside of Bioware and Larian type forums I am use to being in the minority when I support optional Romance in most RPG

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Hmmm.... what would an elf raised by humans be like? It'd probably turn into a serial killer by 100 or more.

Sarathiour

Cipher
support optional Romance in most RPG

depend of the game and how it is done, I think it's fairly normal to expect relationship to form in group that is venturing forth together for a few years, be it friendship or romance, as long as it's not too cringey.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom