Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Aerie is underage? If she’s at least 15, there really shouldn’t be any issue. Lacrymas stop being a faggot

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Murder in Baldurs Gate page 37.jpg

Cope and seethe ya losers. Abdel is the canon character of BG 1 and 2.

:martini:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
JamesDixon
Storyfag
rusty_shackleford
GhopTheConqueror

All right, here goes the autism:
1. The novels are 100% NON CANON. I took the liberty of writing WotC more than a year ago to make sure, and they replied that yes, they have been removed from canon.
2. ABDEL ADRIAN was the default name of a human CHARNAME when you took him as a pre-made character in Tales of the Sword Coast. They simply chose this name as his canonical one, human as a race, and Neutral as alignment. He doesn't even have a canonical class.
3. Whether the Abdel Adrian from "A Murder in Baldur's Gate" is even still considered canon is HEAVILY up to debate. Said adventure module was released in 2013. EVERY SINGLE SOURCE MATERIAL since that time - the Minsc comics; "Heroes of Baldur's Gate" module, and "Descent into Avernus" module only ever referred to a "Gorion's Ward" and that a member of Baldur's Gate nobility is rumoured to be a Bhaalspawn. That's literally it.

And, most importantly, there is what I consider to be a red herring in Bhaal's description in Baldur's Gate III, where it's stated that every Bhaalspawn has been killed. That would mean that:
1. Imoen and Sarevok have both been murdered, and Sarevok lives in FUCKING CHINA.
2. Every single child of every single Bhaalspawn is dead (the children of Bhaalspawn are automatically Bhaalspawn themselves).
3. Larian decided to give a huge middle finger to the series fans just for the shits and giggles.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Translation of a stanza from a classic (admittedly satirical) rus)) song by Letov, Lagole Gon.
Sorry, I don't speak r*ssian. Or care for r*ssian songs.
Just like I could never understand the chinese syllable emphasise rules, I also could never understand the variety of bum scratching and nasal grunts present in the thing we generously call "r*ssian language".

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon
Storyfag
rusty_shackleford
GhopTheConqueror

All right, here goes the autism:
1. The novels are 100% NON CANON. I took the liberty of writing WotC more than a year ago to make sure, and they replied that yes, they have been removed from canon.
2. ABDEL ADRIAN was the default name of a human CHARNAME when you took him as a pre-made character in Tales of the Sword Coast. They simply chose this name as his canonical one, human as a race, and Neutral as alignment. He doesn't even have a canonical class.
3. Whether the Abdel Adrian from "A Murder in Baldur's Gate" is even still considered canon is HEAVILY up to debate. Said adventure module was released in 2013. EVERY SINGLE SOURCE MATERIAL since that time - the Minsc comics; "Heroes of Baldur's Gate" module, and "Descent into Avernus" module only ever referred to a "Gorion's Ward" and that a member of Baldur's Gate nobility is rumoured to be a Bhaalspawn. That's literally it.

And, most importantly, there is what I consider to be a red herring in Bhaal's description in Baldur's Gate III, where it's stated that every Bhaalspawn has been killed. That would mean that:
1. Imoen and Sarevok have both been murdered, and Sarevok lives in FUCKING CHINA.
2. Every single child of every single Bhaalspawn is dead (the children of Bhaalspawn are automatically Bhaalspawn themselves).
3. Larian decided to give a huge middle finger to the series fans just for the shits and giggles.

No proof and rejected since every source I've cited contradicts this banned asshole. Keep trying because I'm enjoying you flail and gnash your teeth.

Abdel Adrian is canon and your faggot fan fiction character isn't.

:yeah:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
JamesDixon, you can write to WotC yourself and ask. We know he isn't lying because he has posted his emails with them before.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon, you can write to WotC yourself and ask. We know he isn't lying because he has posted his emails with them before.

James doesn't acknowledge anything after Lorraine Williams era TSR as legitimate though, so he wouldn't care.

Trithne has the correct answer.

Not that what WotC did a decade or two after the release of the original games matter as their decision applies only to DANDINO 3-5E. It has zero bearing on AD&D 2E which BG1 and 2 use as a ruleset. Those are always valid since a company cannot make you buy into a new game system. Defeat the AD&D 2E rules with the AD&D 2E rules. When you do that's when I will concede this argument as being wrong, but I won't since I have all the rules of my side.

Note, their opinion on BG 3's canon is valid to them though. Since that will use DANDINO 5.0.

Sarathiour

Cipher
The starting party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Jaheira, and Khalid is canon
Which btw would be terrible, going trough bg1 without a cleric is really not an enjoyable experience.
Between a druid and whatever Dynaheir was, I think you're covered.

Half druid, and that would probably force you to rest spam to some extent, also call lighting was the only somewhat good druid spell in BG1. Also Dynaheir was an invoker, which mean giving up sleep.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned
Aerie is underage? If she’s at least 15, there really shouldn’t be any issue
This the kind of shit that gets people locked up in prison. You're young, retarded, and a queer. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

The age of consent is 14 in many 1st world countries. Germany, Austria, Italy, Portugal...

It's 15 in Denmark, Sweden, France, many others.

Also bear in mind that the protagonist of the BG-series is a man who's recently come of age. He's likely around 16 at the beginning of BG1.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
This the kind of shit that gets people locked up in prison. You're young, retarded, and a queer. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

The age of consent is 14 in many 1st world countries. Germany, Austria, Italy, Portugal...

Also bear in mind that the protagonist of the BG-series is a man who's recently come of age. He's likely around 16 at the beginning of BG1.

Officially the main character is 20 years old.

ELEXmakesMeHard

Learned

Officially the main character is 20 years old.
That's surprising. Got the impression that he was much younger, based on the early interactions in Candlekeep. People there definitely treat you as a kid. :?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom