Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Is Aerie from BG2 underage?

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
JamesDixon the novels with Abdel Adrian are 100% not canon and we've discussed this on this very forum in the past. I'll find the relevant quotes when I get back home. The Abdel Adrian from A Murder in Baldur's Gate is not the same one as the one in the novels.
I've already proven that he is. I even linked his article as the Bhaalspawn.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Abdel_Adrian

Bye bye

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck

Radiane

Cipher
BG 2 designer´s thinking:
"Ahaha. Gorion´s Ward is the Bhaalspawn. His father fucked fire giants and rabbits alike. Who cares then if a little elf with clipped wings is underage or not? Social moral standards?? yeah right :smug:"

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Aerie never cast one illegal spell. She wins again. She is too much of an adult to lazily break such laws. She us Aldo much older than the PC who us decidely NOT that Abshit loser. He is never mentioned in the game do he can he be considered game canon? Lmfao

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I written want proof that the game series was never written with a specific canon in mind either from Bioware or WotC.

You can see what's meant to be canon by importing a save from BG to BG2. The starting party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Jaheira, and Khalid is canon (which also strongly suggests that the PC being a good person is canon). But if you see a former companion who died in BG, you can choose a dialogue option to find out why they're not still dead which accommodates what happened in your playthrough. If the PC was meant to be a specific race or gender, then you wouldn't even have the options available, it'd be like Planescape Torment with the option to choose your class.

Prove that it wasn't written with the novels in mind. I'd like that in written form from either Bioware or WotC please.

Already did about 20 minutes ago.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon, iirc, we did get written confirmation from WotC, lol.
You haven't posted it. Where's the proof? You seem to run short of that.
You can see what's meant to be canon by importing a save from BG to BG2. The starting party of Minsc, Dynaheir, Imoen, Jaheira, and Khalid is canon (which also strongly suggests that the PC being a good person is canon). But if you see a former companion who died in BG, you can choose a dialogue option to find out why they're not still dead which accommodates what happened in your playthrough. If the PC was meant to be a specific race or gender, then you wouldn't even have the options available, it'd be like Planescape Torment with the option to choose your class
Nope, the canon protagonist is Abdel Adrian not your fan fiction character you create. You wanted to die on the hill of canon well this is it. It's a bit like playing Dragonlance SSI games. You can choose to use the default canon party or you can create your own. The canon party is canon while yours is not.
Already did about 20 minutes ago.
Thank you for that. Proof isn't hard to provide now is it?

This also has nothing to do with the point I made that Aeria is a teenager and minor. She's in the TTRPG game as well thus those rules for ages are in effect. You can't hide from that. Defeat the rules of AD&D 2E and let me know when you can otherwise have a good day.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Between a druid and whatever Dynaheir was, I think you're covered.
i like how in bg 1 when dynaheir dies. minsc goes berserk. yet if she dies at the start of the second game. he doesn't do anything about it. as a matter of fact he forgets about and moves on. gr8 writing from bioware.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Defeat the rules of AD&D 2E and let me know when you can otherwise have a good day.
Bioware did that by simply ignoring them, just as many other players did, which is why suddenly, with no in-world explanation whatsoever, elves suddenly aged to maturity at the same rate as humans in the Forgotten Realms.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
JamesDixon I said I'll find the relevant quotes when I get back home, but you can look for them yourself. Type Abdel Adrian as a search query in posts by Joseph Stalin. He communicated with WotC a lot and posted their correspondence here.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Defeat the rules of AD&D 2E and let me know when you can otherwise have a good day.
Bioware did that by simply ignoring them, just as many other players did, which is why suddenly, with no in-world explanation whatsoever, elves suddenly aged to maturity at the same rate as humans in the Forgotten Realms.

That's not defeating the rules of the TTRPG. Keep trying because I'm really laughing at you.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Abshit is not canon. He's not even in the fukkin game. Stop making shit ip. Aerie is an adult. She is way older than the PC so she is the child molester.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Iirc, Abdel is no longer Charname and he's a different Bhaalspawn that got involved in A Murder in Baldur's Gate. It's quite murky either way, though.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
JamesDixon I said I'll find the relevant quotes when I get back home, but you can look for them yourself. Type Abdel Adrian as a search query in posts by Joseph Stalin. He communicated with WotC a lot and posted their correspondence here.

I looked and he presented no evidence. However, I brought my own.

In brief, as a rule of thumb, the hierarchy is as follows:

1. Official Forgotten Realms sources (sourcebooks, novels, adventures, articles)
  2. Ed Greenwood
  3. Core D&D sources
  4. Other D&D settings
  5. Licensed material (comics, video games)
  6. Online posts
Baldur's Gate novels > PC games in the hierarchy of canon.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Forgotten_Realms_Wiki:Canon

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Iirc, Abdel is no longer Charname and he's a different Bhaalspawn that got involved in A Murder in Baldur's Gate. It's quite murky either way, though.

Incorrect, here's the proof.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Abdel_Adrian

Because of his many years and storied life, Abdel was known by many other names and held several noteworthy titles; among his nicknames were Gorion's Ward,[1] the Hero of Baldur's Gate,[2] the Godling, and the Bhaalspawn.[3] His titles included Marshal of the Flaming Fist and Grand Duke of Baldur's Gate.[10]

1. BioWare (December 1998). Designed by James Ohlen. Baldur's Gate. Black Isle Studios.
  2. Beamdog (March 2016). Designed by Philip Daigle, et al. Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear. Beamdog.
  3. BioWare (September 2000). Designed by James Ohlen, Kevin Martens. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn. Black Isle Studios.
  4. Ed Greenwood, Matt Sernett, Steve Winter (August 20, 2013). “Campaign Guide”. In Dawn J. Geluso ed. Murder in Baldur's Gate (Wizards of the Coast), p. 37. ISBN 0-7869-6463-4.
He's still canon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom