Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News Is Troika Dead?

Briosafreak

Augur
Exitium said:
Briosafreak said:
Wow wow wow there. Gloating at the demise of Troika, saying that they are "pwned" and that it`s for the best is a bit ridiculous,
My opinions on Troika's mismanagement stand, but the 'pwned' bit was intended for the fanboys. It certainly had an effect.

Actually who got pwned were the devs that were sent off; and i seem to remember someone that was doing fan patches and defending Troika when i already had given up on it and started a topic here saying Vampires was as good as the second coming, so that probably means you were pwned too.

when they always treated the Codex in a fair way, listened to the criticisms and the positive remarks with respect,
When was that? They hardly ever visited our site and unlike the way Bethesda treats our questions, Troika seldom bothered to elucidate on whatever issues pertained at the time. The state of Vampire's patch, for instance.

Fascinating. I`m not even a member of the Codex staff and know more on who visits it and when than you. Really fascinating.

was silly in my opinion,
Customer response is silly? By the looks of things, Troika's PR stands for "Poor Response" and not for "Public Relations".

Ok are you on drugs or something? This is what i wrote
when they always treated the Codex in a fair way, listened to the criticisms and the positive remarks with respect, was silly in my opinion,

Your attacks on someone that always respected this place was silly, the PR ramblings you go on about have nothing to do with what i said.

Giving ranks to those that used the same weapons you used at the newsbit was partial, childish and egotistic, but you`re the admin, there`s nothing we can do about it.
erhaps if you read into Ave's posts you'd realize the merit in my decision. "Bloodlines runs perfectly fine." "Get a better PC". "Every game has bugs". Those are stupid things to say and hardly dismisses the poor quality of the game.

I have read, and again if you can`t stand the heat don`t start the fire, stop whining about it. And i already left a couple of times, and others did it too, the links showing 90% of the problems you`ve talked about are SOURCE related, and i felt them at HL2 until the last patch, so why you keep up with this is beyond me.

But saying Troika is only in this for the money is taking things too far.
Saying that a busines does things for money is taking things too far? :roll:

Troika is a business and it does things for money. That is what businesses do. Their passion for what they do takes second place to making a profit, and as Volourn said, is a completely irrelevent matter where business is concerned. Making money is the nature of business. Period.

Like Troika, Blizzard, Valve and many other developers, they do what they do to make a living, but on top of that, they also do it out of passion or they wouldn't be in the game industry as developrs to begin with. There's a lot more money to be had developing networking applications for corporate clientele, and it's far less risky.

Exactly. They could have gone into networking or making sequels to make the bucks and they didn`t, so this was much more than money. You should know better, i`m really surprised you continue to defend that ridiculous theory.

or they wouldn`t be trying to develop new IPs to explore,
You're preaching to the choir. Instead of telling that to me, try telling that to everyone who's slandering Bioware and presenting Troika as the 'last bastion of passion in game design'.

AHHHH now i get it. I have some news to you, if you think gloating about Troika beeing on a hard spot helps Bioware you`re wrong, they don`t need that type of help. And if you`re doing it because people went against your views that mainstream game companies are TEH HOT in the past and now you feel avenged, well than that`s sad.

so saying that of Troika is beyond an inocent mishap, but outright manipulation of history to serve your twisted views .
Again, you're reading far too much into the subject. I said nothing of the sort. I don't know why you find it so easy to think that making the plain, and truthful statement like "Troika is a business and businesses are in it for the money" could be conveyed as 'sinister' or, in your own words, 'twisted'. You are overly paranoid.

Then rephrase better your sentences please.

You`re not talking to a few kids that only know what they read in the hip forums, you`re talking to people that know Troika from the start, talked to the trio that found it several times and followed the way they always tried to do their thing, and remained in the hardcore RPG business with choices that were scorned by the mainstream. So do get up from that high horse and stop this crap now.
That might be true in your case, but for each and every single one of you? I'll call bullshit on that one. Some of the people participating in this thread in support of Troika don't even know what the fuck they are talking about, especially when they come out with that melodramatic crap about how Troika was our last best hope for a real RPG. What was Bloodlines, then? It certainly didn't seem like much of an RPG half way through the game, what with all those respawning monsters and first person combat.

If you want to attack people that defend Troika in the same way you did it many times in the past that`s ok, but there´s no need to kick Troika when they are in the floor and manipulating history for that. That simple.

You already hurt them and made them sad, you don`t need to go into the realm of complete falsehoods and complete manipulation anymore.
Drama![/quote]

Dude you started the "no more freebies" and "serves them well" drama, so don`t pretend to be surprised when i took the opurtunity to remind you that if you send words against others those words have an effect, and if you are the responsible for those words it`s normal that i tell you what feedback they are causing.

But come on, confess it, you don`t care how they think right, since they aren`t from Bioware or Bethesda right?

Ekodas

Novice
Volourn said:
Backtracking now. You had said NWN was a failure and nearly destroyed BIO yet now you said it was 'saved" because of BG and BG2.

Just to clarify : it is my understanding that Bioware had some financial trouble due to NWN : Interplay's fiasco, licence thingy, switching publisher etc. That what I was refering too when I said that Bio almost went under because of NWN. If i'm mistaken on this point, tell me.

I didn't meant to imply that NWN ended up with poor sale and or was, eventually, a commercial failure.

I guess my previous post wasn't clear enough, now it is.

asa

Novice
Vault Dweller said:
asa said:
I will say this, however, if you examine this thread there have been valid complaints about Rex's behavior from established, respected members and I have yet to see teh staff address them, so I can only draw the conclusion that he has:

a) intimidated them (it is not pleasant to converse with him, so this is not a stretch);

b) they don't care; or

c) they allow Rex to inflict his obstreperous personality on the people who frequent this site -- possibly in order to purge or cull would be nuisances greater than Rex (an historical example would be Hawaii's importation of the mongoose to deal with the Island's snake problem).

I chose option a since it was the simplest explanation, but I had hoped to spark some debate on the topic in order to satisfy my curiosity.
Well, I can't speak for all, but here is my position on that. I disagreed with Rex's opinion on Troika's situation and I posted mine. That, as fas as I'm concerned, settles it. In regard to ..what was that?..."inflicting Rex's obstreperous personality on the people", I'm pretty sure that people can deal with it and don't require anyone speaking for them or acting on their behalf. When I'm not posting news, I'm a regular poster here. So is Rex. You are free to disagree, argue, discuss, and even flame. What more do you want?

Aside from a dwindling collecton of eccentrics, what distinguishes the Codex is an occasional visit from developers. Alienating all parties with imature diatribes will, as has been stated in this very thread, lead to the demise of the site.

What I want really isn't important, but you have something unique here and it's a pity to see it ruined.

Jinxed

Liturgist
Well Rex, you are being melodramatic as well, just in a 180 degree turn fashion. You set out to put Troika down, everything they represent and what they did and you insulted everyone who throught otherwise. How many people actually agree with you in this thread?

My opinions on Troika's mismanagement stand, but the 'pwned' bit was intended for the fanboys. It certainly had an effect.

Why say that? Why do you feel the need to do that? Did it make you feel better or something? Or was this part 2 of "damage plan pwned"?

If Massive Attack or Aphex Twin died in some sort of accident, would you find it funny if someone posted that they got "pwned"?

If the company your dad worked at closed down and he was out of a job would it be apropriate that your friend would say he got "pwned" when you told him about it?

Why is it, that a site which is portrayed as a place where there are people with genuine knowlegde of RPG games and the ability to separate hype, bullshit and utter crapness from the good games mainly compose of people who like Troika?

Why did you create, (dunno if it was you, but you are part of it) The Circle of 8? Was it you who told me you wanted to make that site a general Troika fan page which will be the best one there is? Yeah, it was you.

So many questions...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed said:
If Massive Attack or Aphex Twin died in some sort of accident, would you find it funny if someone posted that they got "pwned"?
Probably not, but I wouldn't take personally. I'd make my peace by telling them to shut the fuck up and move on from the topic. I wouldn't be simpering like a little cry baby just because someone insulted my favorite (insert object here).

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
asa said:
Aside from a dwindling collecton of eccentrics, what distinguishes the Codex is an occasional visit from developers.
Developers don't come here for a complimentary blowjob. Just look at the MCA's interests: Masochistic Tendency to Sign up on Sites That Despise Obsidian.

Alienating all parties with imature diatribes will, as has been stated in this very thread, lead to the demise of the site.
No, it won't. We've been alienating all kinda parties for several years, and we are still up and running. Overall though, I'm sure that developers won't die of shock and rage just because someone said that they suck. The majority has spoken against Rex's sentiments and THAT'S WHAT COUNTS. Power to the people :lol:

Jinxed

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Probably not, but I wouldn't take personally. I'd make my peace by telling them to shut the fuck up and move on from the topic. I wouldn't be simpering like a little cry baby just because someone insulted my favorite (insert object here).

No one is being a crybaby here either. BTW, what would you do if they didn't stop and continued ranting about how talentless they were? Etc. That's what happened here, instead of posting your opinion once, you kept going at it for 14 pages so far.And people have told you to stop like 7 pages ago, if not ealier. I guess what it comes down to is that you just find it enjoyable.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Ekodas wrote:

"You're speaking like a rookie. Good or bad reviews, hearsay or anything won't stop the fanbase from buying a product."

True. But, of course, BIo's fanbase ie. the ones who liked the BG series, would likely buy the game within the first month. I'm talking about NWN sales months, heck, years after its release. Those aren't hardcore fans buying it now; but people who have ehard that NWN is a worthwhile purchase. NWN is successful based on its merits. And, no, an individual's opinion on whether NWN sucks or not is irrelevant here.

"Can you at least pretend that you have a point or an argument ? Please, just prove that what I said about X-Box is bullshit or try to."

Don't need to. It speaks for itself.

Fez wrote:

"I wish you'd use the quote tags, at least in those longer posts, Vollie."

Many people wish I'd do a lot of things. Until I start seeing some bribe money; they likely won't get what they wish.

" It makes it more of a chore to read, especially when you miss a quotation mark or something and the thread of the conversation is confused."

Yes, they do.

"It's not like I'll cry and whine about it if you say no, it's just as a courtesy to others reading it, like punctuation."

Courtesy and Volourn don't mix. "

I suppose this will be ignored anyway, judging from how these things usually go here, and with you."

I'm not ignoring this; I just disagree. I like the way I quote things. I hate board quoting.

Briosafreak wrote:

"They could have gone into networking or making sequels to make the bucks and they didn`t, so this was much more than money. You should know better, i`m really surprised you continue to defend that ridiculous theory."

Um.. They wanted to make sequels. Troika has repeated stated they'd love to make an Acracnum sequel, and that they have had plans for a sequel/follow up for TOEE so to say they din't want to out of some silly honourbale reason is nonsense. Theyw anted to make sequels; but werne't able to do. There's a BIG difference there.

Ekodas wrote 2:

"Just to clarify : it is my understanding that Bioware had some financial trouble due to NWN : Interplay's fiasco, licence thingy, switching publisher etc. That what I was refering too when I said that Bio almost went under because of NWN. If i'm mistaken on this point, tell me."

First off, I doubt theyw ere that clsoe to going under.

Secondly, it wasn't NWN that caused it. Interplay wouldn't pay them monies they woed them from the BG series, and BIO also financed NWN mostly on their own because that's the way BIO seems to do business. Besides to blame NWN for any 'financial problems' for Bioware when it was more a cas eof Interplay fiasco is kinda silly.

Ekodas

Novice
Volourn said:
"Can you at least pretend that you have a point or an argument ? Please, just prove that what I said about X-Box is bullshit or try to."

Don't need to. It speaks for itself.

Keep dodging :)

Volourn said:
Those aren't hardcore fans buying it now; but people who have ehard that NWN is a worthwhile purchase.

Out of curiosity, where do you get these sales figure ? People are still buying Gold Edition (i.e original games + expansions) since you can hardly find the expansion alone anymore, or internet modules, but that's another matter.

It would be interesting to compare the sell numbers of the original NWN when the first expansion hit the shelves, then the sells of the first expansion pack.

Fez

Erudite
Volourn said:
Fez wrote:

"I wish you'd use the quote tags, at least in those longer posts, Vollie."

Many people wish I'd do a lot of things. Until I start seeing some bribe money; they likely won't get what they wish.

" It makes it more of a chore to read, especially when you miss a quotation mark or something and the thread of the conversation is confused."

Yes, they do.

"It's not like I'll cry and whine about it if you say no, it's just as a courtesy to others reading it, like punctuation."

Courtesy and Volourn don't mix. "

I suppose this will be ignored anyway, judging from how these things usually go here, and with you."

I'm not ignoring this; I just disagree. I like the way I quote things. I hate board quoting.

Hehe, fair enough. Maybe I'll just consider that bribe. If you get a wad of cash in a brown envelope from a stranger in the post, I want to see quote tags. :wink:

P.S. You are not nearly as bad as you paint yourself to be, you were quite polite there.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Keep dodging"

No need to dodge. If Bio was being pragmatic; they would be releasing JE on PS2. It has the alrgest amrket afterall. And, yes, I'd wager its quite capable of handling a JE or any other actual RPG instead of PG/action game that JE is.

"Out of curiosity, where do you get these sales figure ? People are still buying Gold Edition (i.e original games + expansions) since you can hardly find the expansion alone anymore, or internet modules, but that's another matter."

the one you are thinking about is the Platinum Edition. Gold only has Original + SOU. SOU can still be found in stores. As can HOTU. My EB, for exmaple has all the avriant sof NWN in stock - OC, SOU, HOTU, Gold, & Platinum.

I get my numbers from nothing other than common sense. BIO would not be still support NWN if it wasn't still making 'em money. Check also various on line stores. NWN does quite well.

"It would be interesting to compare the sell numbers of the original NWN when the first expansion hit the shelves, then the sells of the first expansion pack"

That's easy. When SOU hit the shelves, NWN was off the charts. When SOU, the original game climbed back into the top 20 while SOU was top 10 itself. As was HOTU. That, btw, was a good year after release.

"P.S. You are not nearly as bad as you paint yourself to be, you were quite polite there."

I'm rude only to those who deserve it.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Jinxed said:
No one is being a crybaby here either.
Are you KIDDING?! One look at Ave and Asa's messages will indicate otherwise. I appreciate Brios's civil comments and his ability to keep a firm complexion on this matter even though I may disagree with him from time to time, but people have been ranting about me whether or not I fully participated, especially in the last couple of pages. Take note to VD's and Fez's responses to Asa's message, for instance.

BTW, what would you do if they didn't stop and continued ranting about how talentless they were? Etc. That's what happened here, instead of posting your opinion once, you kept going at it for 14 pages so far.
What? You're just making things up now. One look at my posts will indicate that I kept referring to Troika's mismanagement of itself rather than how 'talentless' they are. Others (xemous in particular) mentioned how talentless they were. What of my posts in the past few pages? Most of them had little to do with 'ranting about how talentless they were'. As you will note, I covered Half Life 2's backwards compatibility with Dx7 and Dx8, as well as the Geforce Ti4200 series of cards, which asa claimed 'isn't a Dx9 card' even though I never, ever stated it was, which it isn't (It is a Dx8 card) and how Half Life 2 won't run on it because it's a Dx9 game. It's true for most Dx9 games, that they wont run on the Ti series, but that's because they aren't backwards compatible. Bloodlines and HL2 can both run on those cards thanks to Dx8 paths.

And people have told you to stop like 7 pages ago, if not ealier. I guess what it comes down to is that you just find it enjoyable.
What you want, what I want and what other people want are completely different things. If someone can't take my opinion on Troika, that's their problem. Why do you make it yours? It's certainly not my problem. They can say their peace and leave it at that, or keep arguing with me. It's their choice. It's also mine to do so. I see no reason why I should suddenly stop posting my opinion yet allow myself to sit and listen to people go on about how Half Life 2 won't work on Dx8 cards or how the bugs in Bloodlines are fine because some hypothetical 'other games' have them 'too'.

No, I am not going to sit by and watch people spew that crap.

Fez

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Fez said:
P.S. You are not nearly as bad as you paint yourself to be, you were quite polite there.

Awwww. Is it young love, perhaps? :lol:

I hope so, the long winter nights don't get any easier... :oops:

Ekodas

Novice
Volourn said:
No need to dodge. If Bio was being pragmatic; they would be releasing JE on PS2. It has the alrgest amrket afterall.

No, no and...no.

Again, Bioware is not bullshiting when they claim that the X-Box is the only console out there capable of handling their game.

Console wise, the X Box got the fastest CPU, the highest-end video card, the biggest memory and the best flexibility available with this memory. And compared to a PS2, coding for an X Box is easy.

Choosing a platform doesn't boil down to the size of the console's market. Pragmatism means that you'll take every factor into account and make the most efficient decision. Market size is only ONE of those factor, but not the only one.

Avé

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Stop taking English lessons from Uwe Boll. That made no sense.
How does it make no sense? It didnt answer your question, but tell me, how does it make no sense?

Bloodlines is a bugger game than most AAA titles, and Troika has a bad reputation for developing buggy titles. That is why it stands out from the rest.

What's there to proof? The bug reports speak for themselves.
And again I ask you how exactly you know?

Have you documented each exact bug, added them up, and done the same with other games?

Basing it on a forum, where people are still posting asking for help with the SOL crash is a fucking joke.

And? Why would I read a tech guide when I have no problem with the audio?

I have more than a decent PC: Pentium 4 2.8c, 9800XT, 1.5gb RAM, 112gb*2 SATA. As I stated before, defragmenting my hard drive every few days and leaving 70% of my hard disk space free just to play Bloodlines isn't an acceptable requirement. No other game requires that amount of maintenance on the computer to run properly. Bloodlines is the only game that plays poorly because of it.
I think you are again making up shit to make troika look bad.

Having to leave 70% of your harddisk space free and defragment every day?
hahahahahahaha

Try playing it on a 200gb 7200rpm 2mb cache with 25gb free and a 1gb pagefile, maybe your harddrives are too good :roll:

It is also unfair that I have to maintain a very small list of savegames because Bloodlines's performance is affected by the number of save games you have at one time.
You do know that a lot of games limit your amount of max saves?
Just checking.
Do you whine about them too?

You are trying to downplay the critical bugs in Bloodlines by saying they are 'common in games' Please cite some examples. Most games don't have critical game-stopping bugs, much less several of them, because they are unacceptable.
Can you read? Seriously?
How many times do I have to quote myself before you see what I ACTUALLY wrote, and not what you wanted to see?

I asked you to quote me, you didnt, so I'll ask again.
Tell me where I excused every bug in Bloodlines because other games had them.

Quote me.

Also, quote me where I said "bloodlines critical bugs are common in games".

Please?

Do I have to beg for you to realise the absolute torrent of bullshit you are posting?

The problem occurs more commonly in Bloodlines than in Sacred, which is why people don't complain about Sacred's bugs as often as they do about Bloodlines.
Uh, how do you know it occurs more commonly in Bloodlines?

And how do you know less people complain about Sacred's bugs?

That typifies you, posting completely unsubstantiated "facts" and "figures" which you can or will not backup.

What are you talking about? In addition to fixing the bugs, all of the patches have further enhanced the game with new features.

http://eng.sacred-game.com/changelog.ph ... ersion=280
Strange that the 1.8.26 patchnotes you linked to consisted SOLELY of changed/fixed, no added or new features.

The only "patch" that definitively added new features was the PLUS patch, so score another one for your facts & figures.

(have you actually looked at the number of bugs they have fixed in the 6 patches? Over a hundred easily, and the forums are still overflowing with reports about bugs)

That is just your unfounded opinion, and I'm afraid most people don't agree with that.
http://www.gamerankings.com/itemranking ... mid=915057
Nice grasp of the english language.

How can my opinion be unfounded when I have played Sacred from patch 1.66 to present? And been browsing the forums for 5 months.

And arent you the one who gobbles about mainstream review sites, but then link to somewhere like gamerankings as if its definitive?

Hypocrite.

Oh, http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/ ... bloodlines
So, since gamerankings ranks it at 80%, will you now go around saying how good bloodlines is?

The game's performance is still, however, unacceptable. The quality of the game, especially in regards to respawning monsters and a hackneyed ending, remain unchanged.
The games performance is not unacceptable, stop goddamn making shit up about how bad it plays on you pc with 9800XT.
Unless you only have 512mb ram, in which case you are an even bigger bullshitter.

Everytime you open your mouth.
And I already said you were delusional, believing that anyone who criticised your opinion was a troika fanboy.

Feel free to quote me where I say things like
"Troika are the best games development company and the saviour of the PC RPG genre!"
Or perhaps
"ToEE is the best DnD game ever, I cant believe Troika pulled it off, but they did!"

No? Didnt think you would.

You can't handle the truth, so you insult me with remarks like 'fucking retard', as if it changes your status as a fanboy. You're still a fanboy, and it is quite evident from your posts.
Yeah, quite evident, which is why you wont actually provide some evidence, like a quote.

The Sacred free expansion was made available as completely optional download.
And where did I say different?

If the game did as poorly as you say, it is doubtful that they would have found the budget for Sacred: Underworld, the game's upcoming true expansion pack.
AGAIN with the not reading of posts.

I said(and I quote, something you seem incapable of doing)
"Their's a reason it sold less copies, almost every single original review panned the game, they needed the patches to at least make some money, and it took a free "expansion" pack to actually make the game remotely playable. "

See.Read.Think

You probably wouldnt know this, seeing as how you're pretty stupid and all, but Ascaron marketed Sacred Plus retail very heavily, and sales picked up quite well afterwards.

Avè said:
Every time you load a game it swings, this is obvious from the start, and not some major fucking deal, DONT SAVE RIGHT IN FRONT OF SOMEONE.
This is a horrible workaround, and Bloodlines is the only game I've ever played that even suffered from this kind of bug. It's clear that it is a memory leak. The game isn't properly flushing the cache when it loads a new game.
What? Where am I? Who am I?
Are you seriously that dozy?

Your definition of 'smooth' might be 15fps.
No, my definition of smooth is that I dont see the movement from one frame to the next.
For me, that's around 35 fps.

I'd like to see some FRAPS demos for you to use to back up your claims. The game plays nowhere as smoothly as Half Life 2, and it is widely understood that the game suffers from performance issues due to an early Source build.
So, I need a FRAPS demo because the game runs at at least 35fps on a 6800GT?
But you dont because it runs like crap on a 9800XT?

Stop back from being deliberately dense and think on that.

Why do you deny this?
Where did I deny this? I said it was playable on an Athlon XP w/ ti4400, and ran smoothly on a 6800GT and Athlon 64.

Where did I say it didnt suffer from performance issues?

I simply questioned your quite absurd "experiences".

What's your point? If Activision isn't funding the game any more, there ISN'T going to be another patch for Bloodlines no matter what you think.
My point is you blamed Troika for there being no team to create a new patch, despite the fact it's activision who appear to have cancelled funding them.

So, it's up to activision to fund a new patch, which they dont do, and it's all troika's fault because activision didnt.

That's my point, you are ludicrous in your attempts to make troika look bad by any means possible.

And defragmentation every few days. No thanks.
More absurdity.

A) I'm an administrator. It's rather elementary, don't you think?
I asked what you HAD DONE to deserve it, now HOW you could do it.

Who's the dumbfuck? :roll:

What do you do? What have you done for the RPG Codex besides post a bunch of mind-numbing rants about the people who run it?
And am I telling people to fuck off the site and giving them stupid tag lines?

No, so why are you asking?

I'm providing contributions to the RPG Codex community, in the form of news, reviews and editorials. I also designed the website. I'd like to know what you've done for the community to think that you deserve any kind of respect.
OH MY GOD CAN YOU STOP RESPONDING TO THINGS PEOPLE DONT SAY.

QUOTE ME WHERE I SAID I DESERVED RESPECT?

NO?

IDIOT.

You can ask the same of anyone, by asking questions like "Who the hell are you?" and downplay every single one of their accomplishments as nothing more than child's play. However, I'd like to see you contribute even half of the things I, or Saint, or anyone else who works on the Codex has, for the Fallout community or the RPG Codex in general.
So, I said Saint deserves respect, as well as a number of other people, but suddenly I'm downplaying ALL OF THEM?

Get real.

You just said all you contributed was news, a few reviews and *cough*editorials.
Hell, it isnt even news, it's just re-copying news from other sites mostly.

hmm, I'm starting to get bored.

It's a bit pointless arguing with someone who is quite delusional, who sees things that dont exist and will never, ever back up what he says.

Quote pointless indeed.

Fez

Erudite
Is this the point where someone posts the "arguing on the internet is like winning the special olympics" jpeg?

Fez

Erudite
arguing.jpg

Here by popular demand!

Jinxed

Liturgist
Exitium said:
Are you KIDDING?! One look at Ave and Asa's messages will indicate otherwise. I appreciate Brios's civil comments and his ability to keep a firm complexion on this matter even though I may disagree with him from time to time, but people have been ranting about me whether or not I fully participated, especially in the last couple of pages. Take note to VD's and Fez's responses to Asa's message, for instance.

Well, you seem to be doing fine running along with them. This crap should've stopped long time ago, instead of pointing fingers and waiting for the next guy, all you should take a hint.

What? You're just making things up now. One look at my posts will indicate that I kept referring to Troika's mismanagement of itself rather than how 'talentless' they are. Others (xemous in particular) mentioned how talentless they were. What of my posts in the past few pages? Most of them had little to do with 'ranting about how talentless they were'. As you will note, I covered Half Life 2's backwards compatibility with Dx7 and Dx8, as well as the Geforce Ti4200 series of cards, which asa claimed 'isn't a Dx9 card' even though I never, ever stated it was, which it isn't (It is a Dx8 card) and how Half Life 2 won't run on it because it's a Dx9 game. It's true for most Dx9 games, that they wont run on the Ti series, but that's because they aren't backwards compatible. Bloodlines and HL2 can both run on those cards thanks to Dx8 paths.

Talentless was just an a bit of the example I used. Didn't mean it to be a direct literal comparison.

What you want, what I want and what other people want are completely different things. If someone can't take my opinion on Troika, that's their problem. Why do you make it yours? It's certainly not my problem. They can say their peace and leave it at that, or keep arguing with me. It's their choice. It's also mine to do so. I see no reason why I should suddenly stop posting my opinion yet allow myself to sit and listen to people go on about how Half Life 2 won't work on Dx8 cards or how the bugs in Bloodlines are fine because some hypothetical 'other games' have them 'too'.

No, I am not going to sit by and watch people spew that crap.

They are, in their minds, doing the same thing. They react to your "crap spewing". Like I noted above, all of you need to take a hint and give it a rest.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Avè said:
Hell, it isnt even news, it's just re-copying news from other sites mostly.

That's actually what the majority of sites do, we just give credit were credit is due.

I think you are again making up shit to make troika look bad.

Exitium make stuff up? That's proposterous! I supposed the next wild, baseless accusation you're going to make is that rabbits make lots of baby rabbits or that clouds bring rain as if those were foregone conclusions!

Sol Invictus

Erudite
I'm not going to respond to each and every one of your remarks because you're just stuffing your mouth needlessly, so instead I'll just respond to what I think needs responding to:

And? Why would I read a tech guide when I have no problem with the audio?
It wasn't for your sake, dumbfuck. You said that problem didn't exist and that it only existed for me so I proved otherwise by posting those links. Dumbfuck.

Having to leave 70% of your harddisk space free and defragment every day?
hahahahahahaha
I have 223gb and I usually have around 5-10gb of space free because I constantly download and copy files. What this means is that my hard drive is generally very fragmented and this affects the performance of file transfers in a detrimental way. Most games are not affected by this. Half Life 2 is affected by this to some degree, in that maps take a longer time to load. Unlike HL2, Bloodlines is divided into many areas instead of a single map, so loading is quite often, and as such, I spent half my time playing the game as I do loading up.

When I wrote awhile back that the game ran speedily and that load times were quick, I had roughly 70% of my space remaining, but were I to play the game today (It is uninstalled now) the load times would be simply atrocious and I am not simply mentioning this as a hypothetical situation but rather one I faced shortly before I uninstalled the game. My only resolve would be to free up a lot of my hard disk space and defragment my computer every weekend. Never did I say "every day", which is your attempt to misquote me. Dumbfuck.

You do know that a lot of games limit your amount of max saves?
Just checking.
Do you whine about them too?
Straw man argument. When did I say anything about max saves? Where are you getting this from? Clearly you did not understand what I said to you when I mentioned that Bloodlines' performance is affected by the number of savegames you have, because clearly, you are a dumbfuck.

Due to a memory leak, the performance of Bloodlines is detrimented by the number of save games you have in your save game directory. The performance of bloodlines is also affected by how far you are into the game.

(have you actually looked at the number of bugs they have fixed in the 6 patches? Over a hundred easily, and the forums are still overflowing with reports about bugs)
It's a good thing you mentioned that because I'd have to point out how Ascaron fixes its products instead of leaving its customers hanging on for workarounds and fan made patches.

The games performance is not unacceptable, stop goddamn making shit up about how bad it plays on you pc with 9800XT.
Unless you only have 512mb ram, in which case you are an even bigger bullshitter.
Wrong again. Teatime complains about the unacceptable performance of Bloodlines and he has an even better computer than I have, with 2gb of DDR RAM. So it's not a RAM issue. Dumbfuck.

You probably wouldnt know this, seeing as how you're pretty stupid and all, but Ascaron marketed Sacred Plus retail very heavily, and sales picked up quite well afterwards.
Those are business minds at work. Troika could learn from them.

For me, that's around 35 fps.
My bargain paid off. 35fps is fucking horrible. It's like a faster-paced slideshow, barely better than what you would see on TV. The minimum FPS I get in most games played at 1152x864 4xAA4xAF is typically a bare minimum of 50fps, and I even consider that to be somewhat unacceptable in some cases. 70fps should be the average. It is for most games I play. That's true fluidity. 35fps is choppy.

So, I need a FRAPS demo because the game runs at at least 35fps on a 6800GT?
That is truly horrible considering that 6800GT clocks at a good 60fps average in Half Life 2's Chopper Battle combat sequence at 1600x4AAx8AF on the highest settings.

70fps on 1280x960x4AAx8AF
80fps on 1024x768x4AAx8AF

http://img.neoseeker.com/v_thumb.php?ar ... 49&image=8
http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardw ... 0gt/8.html

35FPS is horrible. Period.

My point is you blamed Troika for there being no team to create a new patch, despite the fact it's activision who appear to have cancelled funding them.

So, it's up to activision to fund a new patch, which they dont do, and it's all troika's fault because activision didnt.
That's besides the point. Activision isn't funding a new patch therefore there will not be any more official patches for the game. I'm surprised you can't figure this out.

I asked what you HAD DONE to deserve it, now HOW you could do it.
Lots of things. More than you, for starters.

Who's the dumbfuck?
You are. Why do you ask these questions if you already know the answers?

hmm, I'm starting to get bored.
What's stopping you from leaving?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom