Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

GloomFrost

Arcane
Thanks. I think what happened is that I triggered a nasty story event that sent out better kitted out enemies across that map and completely wiped my progress :D
I know what you are on about, same thing happened to me. Not the best game design idea, still a great game though. Started a new playthrough without any hard feelings.

deuxhero

Arcane
I had a rough idea of the counterattack coming after the camp. I survived it with some initial setback, having to fight in some pitch battles and accept serious injuries (but not death) on my mercs to get through it. I suspect that's how it was supposed to go. Helped that I already had 2 teams out and running well before the attack with plenty of cash in the bank.

Ivan

Arcane
I'm getting my ass raped exploring the underground tunnels. Feels good. I'm having a lot of fun making bomb traps, detonating them with bullets etc to survive.

deuxhero

Arcane
One detail I noticed and haven't seen anyone praise yet: The pre-combat AI for Legion, foreign mercs, and native army all differ. Legion is very sloppy with watch overlap so it's entirely possible to liberate entire sectors with stealth kills. Army is pretty decent at keeping everyone in at least one other member's vision at all times so you can't stealth kill everyone, but messes up on occasion. Foreign mercs seem to very rarely become isolated enough for it to be possible. It's a nice thing I'm surprised a game that isn't dedicated to stealth included.

Guys, top 5 IMP builds

For me Stealth Sniper and Melee have to be in there, not sure what else is good though, thoughts?
Leadership. Everything else has plenty of AIM employees, but only two non-legendary mercs have any leadership, and one has only 50. IMP has no special abilities so there will always be an AIM merc who can do just as well or better, but Leadership is needed yet rare.

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys, top 5 IMP builds

For me Stealth Sniper and Melee have to be in there, not sure what else is good though, thoughts?
Leadership. Everything else has plenty of AIM employees, but only two non-legendary mercs have any leadership, and one has only 50. IMP has no special abilities so there will always be an AIM merc who can do just as well or better, but Leadership is needed yet rare.
I meant in terms of how to kill enemies. I'm not counting Leadership as a 'build' because you can add it to any build really

3 others

Scholar
Guys, top 5 IMP builds

Pencil-necked laptop dweeb with maxed out LDR, EXP, MED, MECH who makes squads travel fast and cleans their guns while the real killers are banging hookers after firefights.

raeven

Educated
Guys, top 5 IMP builds

Best IMP is no IMP. Game feels more balanced that way. Plus the IMP voiceover is shit and they have zero personality.

My second playthrough was mission impossible / Ironman and I had no issues forgoing an IMP character. My squad was Barry, Livewire, and Buns, then I hired Thor and Ice before leaving the island, finally rounding out with Blood. Thors leadership was enough. Fucking fantastic squad.

Damn this game was a real blast....

Yosharian

Arcane
Guys, top 5 IMP builds

Pencil-necked laptop dweeb with maxed out LDR, EXP, MED, MECH who makes squads travel fast and cleans their guns while the real killers are banging hookers after firefights.
Yes but then I'd have to call him '3 Others' =(

3 others

Scholar
imp.jpg

Time to take out the trash!

Ivan

Arcane
Feels good to be king/in control. Time to bring an end to things (1st playthrough + 1st Jagged Alliance game)
E1CBD7A0F68BEAFA3E646DEC00DA156CEF56951C

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom