Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Jagged Alliance 3 Released

Geisler

Educated
On a couple of boards and on Steam itself there are a lot of people reporting shit performance (like unplayable stutters and drops to 20 fps). I don't know if these journos had some better game version than retail, but for now, be warned. I know a lot of codex tards play on 15 year old 2nd hand toasters.

MrBuzzKill

Arcane
I vote to stop including worthless "game magazine" reviews. I doubt there's a single person around here who says "hmm, "Shitnews" magazine gave this a whopping 9 out of 10, might be worth checking out"
Thus both your time is saved and less attention is given to "game critics" whose era of dominance is long gone, allowing them to gracefully fade into the past

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
On a couple of boards and on Steam itself there are a lot of people reporting shit performance (like unplayable stutters and drops to 20 fps). I don't know if these journos had some better game version than retail, but for now, be warned. I know a lot of codex tards play on 15 year old 2nd hand toasters.
Don't worry, I updated to 32 gigs of ram on my 10 year old PC just for this reason. Ride this potato into flaming glory. The ram won't make a difference but it feels good bro.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
Don't worry, I updated to 32 gigs of ram on my 10 year old PC just for this reason. Ride this potato into flaming glory. The ram won't make a difference but it feels good bro.

To make difference you just need to download more ram.

EnthalpyFlow

Scholar
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you are having performance problems, try disabling reflections on the graphics menu.

laclongquan

Arcane
I dunno~

The very first merc that has a name Dedee Bombastic is a child soldier of black persuasion.

I know it sound realistic as hell, but there is a reason the old JA2 devs didnt use any child soldier models.

A lot of tactical game devs dont use child soldier model for a reason. I dont actually remember any game use that.

It's not a black mark per se, but I will keep looking over my shoulder waiting for a notice of this game get taken down~

Geisler

Educated
If you are having performance problems, try disabling reflections on the graphics menu.
I didn't have a chance to try yet as i'm not home, but my system wont have any problems (10900k and a 4090). At least its good to know you can tweak the options a bit if it runs like shit.

Edit: Lol, before more dumb fucks rate "cons0000m" because i own a 4090: i'm an IT engineer with use for CUDA/OptiX compute professionally...

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane
On a couple of boards and on Steam itself there are a lot of people reporting shit performance

DLSS requires also enabling "resolution percentage" in separate option, leaving it at 100% supersamples the game, dropping to 67% is the DLSS Quality option and provides performance boost. It is a bit confusing, I was also wondering why am I getting framerate drops until I found this out.

And reflections on ultra are completely unnecessary framerate killer as well.

Generally the game looks nice and runs well once DLSS is set properly and reflections are set to high or less.

*-*/\--/\~

Cipher
I've tried it briefly, but no matter what I name my IMP merc, his name ends up being "Not a valid UTF-8 string" + some gibberish. This should give you an idea how polished the game is, if even naming your guy hasn't been tested. The fact you have a whopping 6 portraits (3 men, 3 women) to choose from doesn't help. From the brief gameplay, the JA2 magic is just not there. Feels like a generic X-COM clone without the aliens. Sad, I kinda wanted it to be good.

cpmartins

Cipher
Having some fun with it, but JA it ain't. More like an open-ended nucom. Not a bad thing.
Also, the merc interactions are hit and miss. Some are great, some not so much.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
GiMYwC6.png

LizardWizard

Cipher
Piratable I guess. Voice acting is just fucking terrible for 95% of the males. Buns is only the sufferable female I've tried thus far. The Ukrainian Merc Sniper chick sounds like a 15 year old twitch streamer

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I looked at IMP questionnaire, and other parts of game on streams and well. JA3 developers have no clue about being foreign fighters in a war somewhere. JA3 developers basically reminds me these two people who were riding to Ukraine to get hired into foreign legions. They had no clue.

Well, IMP questionnaire should be funny interesting, and over the top. The possible options should be diverse and represent live of a mercenary, or criminal well.

Question with: "Photo with your front porch."
You look down into the face of their dog. You were totally sure they would send police into your home with some horrible accusation that would get you for 50 years into prison. And because dog food cans were in your home, that meant only one thing:

You and their dog would be hungry.
You observe a police car driving at high speed towards your home. The bus driver was totally adamant that their dog can’t enter the intercity bus without a muzzle. And then when you walked on the street, the police car drove over their dog and made a red stain from him. For some reason police didn’t notice it was you they wanted to arrest when they speeded up towards your home.

They never believed your explanation about what happened to their dog, and spread rumors about you being retarded to all possible employers which would guarantee you will NOT GET ANY JOB FOR 2 YEARS… …If you will not do a mercenary contract.

And yes, there was also the issue of police monitoring your house 24/7, but who cares about them?
You glue pager to their dog, and write on the dog that they should bother someone else, also an account number to send money for finding the dog, and a fee for finding the dog. Then send their dog to them as a message.
You hang their dog in front of their windows and … unspeakable animal cruelty n.1. Unspeakable animal cruelty n. 2…

To force them to go back in time and not send the message to your pager. You saw that in Star Trek. Because these people who you shot into the back of their neck to avoid body armor looked suspiciously like a SWAT police team. And if you shot SWAT police for real, all of them, that would cause insane problems.
It was hot day, and I have shitty grammar, but it's still better than what they did.

Last edited:

Saduj

Arcane
I've tried it briefly, but no matter what I name my IMP merc, his name ends up being "Not a valid UTF-8 string" + some gibberish.
Wow. The only game I've played that had bugged character creation was Insomnia The Ark.

I sunk 60 hours into that game before rage quitting due to bugs. :negative:

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
To be fair i am kinda impressed there is lot going on here in this game. its just the execution and looks that I dont really like.

deuxhero

Arcane
I've tried it briefly, but no matter what I name my IMP merc, his name ends up being "Not a valid UTF-8 string" + some gibberish.
Wow. The only game I've played that had bugged character creation was Insomnia The Ark.

I sunk 60 hours into that game before rage quitting due to bugs. :negative:
Technically a lot of games had bugged character naming, lacking sanity checking of names when loading a save file (which is then exploited by console plebs to inject code).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom