Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial Jeff Vogel Supports Piracy

memebot2.0

Educated
http://www.amazon.com/Sodomy-Pirate-Tra ... 0814712363

Pirates are among the most heavily romanticized and fabled characters in history. From Bluebeard to Captain Hook, they have been the subject of countless movies, books, children’s tales, even a world-famous amusement park ride.

In Sodomy and the Pirate Tradition, historian B. R. Burg investigates the social and sexual world of these sea rovers, a tightly bound brotherhood of men engaged in almost constant warfare. What, he asks, did these men, often on the high seas for years at a time, do for sexual fulfillment? Buccaneer sexuality differed widely from that of other all- male institutions such as prisons, for it existed not within a regimented structure of rule, regulations, and oppressive supervision, but instead operated in a society in which widespread toleration of homosexuality was the norm and conditions encouraged its practice.

In his new introduction, Burg discusses the initial response to the book when it was published in 1983 and how our perspectives on all-male societies have since changed.

"A great . . . very interesting book."
- Johnny Depp

ohmatey.png

Volourn said:
It's one thing to pirate a loaf of bread to feed your starving family; it's another to pirate a game to get your jollies.

Because if you're poor and can't afford anything, the loaf of breed is all you need to make your life full and enjoyable so you don't kill yourself. Poor people are animals who only need to not starve, none of them would ever feel any need to stimulate their mind in any way. Damn it's so simple to be poor.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
JarlFrank said:
Dicksmoker said:
Whatever Jeff. If you want to excuse the people who violate your rights, than by all means, go ahead. But it's pretty self-destructive, and it by no means makes you a better person.

RAWR ALL PIRATES ARE EVIL AND SHOULD BE BURNED IN A SEA OF FIRE ARRRRGH
Fuck off with your strawman. Unless you seriously want to contend that piracy isn't a violation of the creator's right to property.

J1M

Arcane
Multidirectional said:
Volourn said:
It's one thing to pirate a loaf of bread to feed your starving family; it's another to pirate a game to get your jollies.

Because if you're poor and can't afford anything, the loaf of breed is all you need to make your life full and enjoyable so you don't kill yourself. Poor people are animals who only need to not starve, none of them would ever feel any need to stimulate their mind in any way. Damn it's so simple to be poor.
Oh I didn't know that poor people had PCs and internet access.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
J1M said:
Oh I didn't know that poor people had PCs and internet access.

Another moron.

No, ALL poor people live in subways. The others are the rich ones who can afford stuff like PCs and internet. :roll:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Because if you're poor and can't afford anything, the loaf of breed is all you need to make your life full and enjoyable so you don't kill yourself. Poor people are animals who only need to not starve, none of them would ever feel any need to stimulate their mind in any way. Damn it's so simple to be poor."

There are things that you can do stimulate your mind that doesn't invole video games, and requires no theft. Go to a library, and sign out books for FUCKIN' FREE. Hell, some libraries let you sign out games, and movies for free. Or sue the internet FOR FREE.

There is no reason why anyone - poor or rich - should be stealing games. Hell, there's very little reason to steal food nowadays due to all the charities and shit. Throw in things like fuckin' welfare, food stamps, and other fuckin' shit, and foodstuffs are covered.

Andm, if you live in a country that is so poorly off that don't have that stuff you have bighger things to fuckin' worry about than playing the newest fuckin' game.

FFS

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Silellak said:

It's only a matter of time now. There are already robots that do food, clothes and plastic/metal 3d objects.

If only i was born 100 years later. The limit will be materials and energy.

FUCK THE MIDDLE MAN!!!!

zappater

Novice
Ruprekt said:
What about an exec or ceo in a real company? They don't have time to make anything or the luxury of generosity. You only win when other lose, that's the first lesson of life.

The first lesson of trade is "win-win situations are possible". Now be emo somewhere else, this place is depressing as it is.

drunkpriest

Scholar
Vogel creates demos for his games. Thats all anyone should ever ask for. If you like playing his long ass demo's, buy the game. If anyone ever pirated a Vogel game, and finished the fucker, well be ashamed, and buy the game. Or not, Its not like there is a shortage or anything.

ElectricOtter

Volourn said:
His game so it's not stealing or even pirating if he gives you eprmission.

Still, it's a bullshit excuse. Being 'poor' is not an excuse to steal games. You dion't need games to steal. If yopua re so poor that you need to steal a game you should concentrate on stealing stuff you fuckin' actually need to live. FFS

:x :x :x :x :x
It's kinda nice to come back from a 11-day vacation and see Volly is still around. Sup.

Also, much :love: to Vogel

EDIT: Start with Exile 1. Go from there, find out which games of his you like.

ecliptic

Liturgist
I know, his demos are ridiculous in length, and most of his games are very reasonably priced, especially considering how long most of them are.

Luzur

Good Sir
i dunno, even if he had made apost about how all pirates are sodomizing faggots and must be hanged down at the harbor it wouldnt stop the piracy at all really.

but maybe its reverse psychology?

but I'm looking forward to playing Starcraft 2, thanks.

anyone heard if it is any good?

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
There are like three other threads on that very subject.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Volourn said:
Go to a library, and sign out books for FUCKIN' FREE. Hell, some libraries let you sign out games, and movies for free.
Libraries are organized, legalized theft. When I go to library, it's no different from downloading movies and music from internet. I read tens of books every year but I buy only a few of them.

Antihero

Liturgist
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Volourn said:
Go to a library, and sign out books for FUCKIN' FREE. Hell, some libraries let you sign out games, and movies for free.
Libraries are organized, legalized theft. When I go to library, it's no different from downloading movies and music from internet. I read tens of books every year but I buy only a few of them.
Right... if you take it home just to rip the material. Do your libraries have infinite copies to loan out to everybody at any given time, only limited by how many people can fit inside without causing a stampede? Even here, the online library material is still usually limited to a certain number of concurrent users.

So when are we going to start calling the Codex a prestigious supermarket tabloid?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Volourn said:
Libraries are organized, legalized theft.
Well...since most libraries are public, I guess that's true.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Dicksmoker said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
Volourn said:
Libraries are organized, legalized theft.
Well...since most libraries are public, I guess that's true.
:retarded:
You smocked too much dicks.

Lesifoere

Liturgist
Site Feedback said:
Volourn said:

What are some good sites to pirate a loaf of bread?

BREADBAY
BREADJUNKIE
YOU ONLY BREAD TWICE (LIKE RABISTS)
BREADHUNTISO
PUREBREAD
BREADREACTOR(don't even bother)
SEEDBREAD

Private breadtrackers are the way to go.

hakuroshi

Augur
Vogel probably feels generous because I recently bought all his games in one go.

aron searle

Arcane
Volourn said:
There are things that you can do stimulate your mind that doesn't invole video games, and requires no theft. Go to a library, and sign out books for FUCKIN' FREE. Hell, some libraries let you sign out games, and movies for free. Or sue the internet FOR FREE.

Actually people are forced by threat of jail to pay tax, the taxes are used to fund libraries.

Downloading a game costs nobody nothing unless they could but chose not to afford it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom