Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Jews jewing again

So Infinitron is going after Saint Proverbius too?
In lurking this site I was made to believe that Proverbius was dead, until he can prove that he is not dead it would be sensible to keep him off the main page. Or else keep him in the grave. No Abrahamic religion make allowances for the black art of necromancy.
I also have the ability to post news, but apathy/anxiety makes me not want to.
If you want something ghost written for you, you need only to ask me. I'm also volunteering to edit any newspost you want to make.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
RPGcodex news have become even more boring than RPGWatch.

Bruh, despite being run by feminist cucks, RPGWatch actually aggregates news properly. This is because they have several active news posters, instead of one deranged faggot.

Ironically no one comments on there, but strictly speaking they post 10 times more and actually cover mod releases for classic games. I remember finding out about Arcanum Multiverse, Deus Ex GMDX, various Morrowind mods, etc.

Even Sorcerer's Place is a far better aggregator. Codex has become something completely different from an RPG site, a place to discuss politics, racial theory and conspiracies, like a mix of Stormfront and Godlike Productions.

Codex Year of the Donut
most of the news on the codex is in the individual threads, not the news subforum
I rarely, if ever, read the newsposts here

Gastrick

Cipher
Just make Roxor an admin and give him equal control over the news section.

Roxor can and has been able to post news. He just doesn't feel like it 99% of the time.

I also have the ability to post news, but apathy/anxiety makes me not want to. However, if there's any kind of notable RPG news that Infinitron refuses to post about, I could be able to do so based on my own assessment.
That's not what having control over the news section means. Roxor wasn't able to overturn or reverse Infinitron's decision to remove Saint_Proverbius's news post. If he had equal control over the news section or veto power this wouldn't have happened.
As for the game itself, I haven't played it. I probably wouldn't play it. Some people might. It's cheap, and being small developers, they might be willing to listen to things that people like or don't like about their game.

There's just so much indie trash out there now that I can't imagine hardly anyone wanting to play this. The peak number of players today is three: https://steamdb.info/app/1513400/graphs/
That's rather shallow of you to judge a game immediately on how popular it is, have you played it yourself? I can see why you defend the inclusion of Outer Worlds so strongly, you look to what everyone else is playing when you think about games.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I don't know how to Retardoland things.

I can give you some practice on this.

This is because they have several active news posters, instead of one deranged faggot.

I was never given permission to post news.

Ironically no one comments on there, but strictly speaking they post 10 times more and actually cover mod releases for classic games.

I actually agree with this. I secretly visit RPGWatch because I tend to find new games faster and mod news.

Codex has become something completely different from an RPG site, a place to discuss politics, racial theory and conspiracies, like a mix of Stormfront and Godlike Productions.

I disagree. A lot of the top posters never touch GD, and I only noticed this by looking at the top donations list and noticing that I did not know anyone on there despite them having thousands of posts.

I do wish RPG Codex would have more news, not shovelware, so it becomes easier to discover. I use the main forums of the Codex to find things, which is slow, and I do not always find something, because it is hard!

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Am I reading that right and did he change the review date of a game he did not like so it falls off the frontpage? Or was it a genuine error. Because if this was intentional that would be low. Lower than low when it is about a codex made rpg.

Remember the desperate effort to boost Dumpsterfire sales by publishing a "cult retrospective" of a 2-year-old game and pinning it for 6 months. Doesn't get much lower than that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That's rather shallow of you to judge a game immediately on how popular it is, have you played it yourself? I can see why you defend the inclusion of Outer Worlds so strongly, you look to what everyone else is playing when you think about games.

I watched the video. It doesn't look like anything anyone here would care about, either negatively or positively. At least Obsidian/Outer Worlds has anti-fans and bitter former fans.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
I watched the video. It doesn't look like anything anyone here would care about, either negatively or positively. At least Obsidian/Outer Worlds has anti-fans and bitter former fans.
TOW makes me very sad if nothing else. The old guard, people behind the Holy Trinity, people behind Troika, developing and releasing such soulless and mediocre game and actually being proud of it... Their descent to mediocrity is something I don't wanna witness

jackofshadows

Magister
I don't see how it's any less worthy of a newspost than DLC for Outer Worlds is. Somehow trash is acceptable for a newspost because it's made by obshitian?
News about TOW and/or BG3 offer entertaning value while delving into some obscure indie trash better to leave for dedicated thread was mentioned earlier.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
TOW makes me very sad if nothing else. The old guard, people behind the Holy Trinity, people behind Troika, developing and releasing such soulless and mediocre game and actually being proud of it... Their descent to mediocrity is something I don't wanna witness
And this is why you should never have heroes

Gastrick

Cipher

It can have people interested but that doesn't mean that every update is worth newsposting about. That's more like what Tabloids do, they exploit popular trashy content and milk it dry. Repetitive, dull updates until most people get bored, very different from a "prestigious newspaper". And then someone tries to put out some quality content for a change and it is deleted.

After watching the video, it looks like a low-budget dark souls clone, I could see someone here being interested in it.

Codex Year of the Donut
tCUagNB.png

he's at it again

Mortmal

Arcane
You're not going to win this argument, rusty.
I have already won by exposing the paid obshitian shilling.

That's not true, not only obsidian .Disco Elysium: The Final Cut releasing on March 30th :: rpg codex > doesn't scale to your level . I dont remember an indie game having so many coverage everywhere .Even magazines never speaking about video games, spoke about it, some guy at ZA/UM must have a fantastic netwok of friends in the press. A great adventure game in any case, rpg lite at best. So i suppose there's again some deal with the front page this time it was for disco elysium and outerworld they paid for it, not for that dark alliance game.

The criterias are not quality no one here believes it , there's plenty of shovelware, eurojank and such . Criteria is not about it being a rpg either. St proverbius was censored because the front page like the curator list (check the things added) are EXTREMELY important to infinitron.

Codex Year of the Donut
You're not going to win this argument, rusty.
I have already won by exposing the paid obshitian shilling.

That's not true, not only obsidian .Disco Elysium: The Final Cut releasing on March 30th :: rpg codex > doesn't scale to your level . I dont remember an indie game having so many coverage everywhere .Even magazines never speaking about video games, spoke about it, some guy at ZA/UM must have a fantastic netwok of friends in the press. A great adventure game in any case, rpg lite at best. So i suppose there's again some deal with the front page this time it was for disco elysium and outerworld they paid for it, not for that dark alliance game.

The criterias are not quality no one here believes it , there's plenty of shovelware, eurojank and such . Criteria is not about it being a rpg either. St proverbius was censored because the front page like the curator list (check the things added) are EXTREMELY important to infinitron.
almost like it might have something to do with connections and developer political views hmm

Gastrick

Cipher
Infinitron is worried that if someone else starts consistently posting news and being active then they will eventually become the new head of the site. That was part of how he became the de-facto head-admin. Saint_Proverbius's assurance that he wasn't muscling in had no effect on the paranoid mind, where the fact that Saint_Proverbius did the news work before for over 6 years was enough for "Infinitron".

Edit: There's also that if he isn't the only one doing work then he is no longer invaluable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Codex Year of the Donut
I still don't see what's wrong with giving coverage to no-name zero-budget RPGs that nobody else is going to cover. I can go to any gaming website on the internet to find information about whatever garbage obshitian is spewing out. Having a column dedicated to buried games would be more unique than being a blog page for microsoft's game studios.

Mortmal

Arcane
At this point you can believe its the same guy doing newsposting on every rpg sites, the exact same shit is posted everwyhere. Far too many newsposts about inane dev diaries and such ,oh, the watch does have a newsbit about dark alliance, else its exactly the same on both sites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom