Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Decline Jews jewing again

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Darth Roxor, Mar 17, 2021.

1. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Underrail free updates are like other games paid mini-DLCs

^ Top  
  2. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    You're not going to win this argument, rusty.

• cuck x 3
    • Up Yours x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • /facepalm/ x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    I have already won by exposing the paid obshitian shilling.

• Brofist x 3
    • Slam dunk! x 3
    • nice x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Lovecraft's Ghost Literate

Lovecraft's Ghost
    In lurking this site I was made to believe that Proverbius was dead, until he can prove that he is not dead it would be sensible to keep him off the main page. Or else keep him in the grave. No Abrahamic religion make allowances for the black art of necromancy.
    If you want something ghost written for you, you need only to ask me. I'm also volunteering to edit any newspost you want to make.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Equip the Ring Equip the Ring x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    Bruh, despite being run by feminist cucks, RPGWatch actually aggregates news properly. This is because they have several active news posters, instead of one deranged faggot.

Ironically no one comments on there, but strictly speaking they post 10 times more and actually cover mod releases for classic games. I remember finding out about Arcanum Multiverse, Deus Ex GMDX, various Morrowind mods, etc.

Even Sorcerer's Place is a far better aggregator. Codex has become something completely different from an RPG site, a place to discuss politics, racial theory and conspiracies, like a mix of Stormfront and Godlike Productions.

• Funny x 7
    • honk honk! x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • incline x 1
    • decline x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    most of the news on the codex is in the individual threads, not the news subforum
    I rarely, if ever, read the newsposts here

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gastrick Learned

Gastrick
    That's not what having control over the news section means. Roxor wasn't able to overturn or reverse Infinitron's decision to remove Saint_Proverbius's news post. If he had equal control over the news section or veto power this wouldn't have happened.
    That's rather shallow of you to judge a game immediately on how popular it is, have you played it yourself? I can see why you defend the inclusion of Outer Worlds so strongly, you look to what everyone else is playing when you think about games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Kruno Arcane Shitposter

Kruno
    I can give you some practice on this.

I was never given permission to post news.

I actually agree with this. I secretly visit RPGWatch because I tend to find new games faster and mod news.

I disagree. A lot of the top posters never touch GD, and I only noticed this by looking at the top donations list and noticing that I did not know anyone on there despite them having thousands of posts.

I do wish RPG Codex would have more news, not shovelware, so it becomes easier to discover. I use the main forums of the Codex to find things, which is slow, and I do not always find something, because it is hard!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. luj1 You're all shills

luj1
    Remember the desperate effort to boost Dumpsterfire sales by publishing a "cult retrospective" of a 2-year-old game and pinning it for 6 months. Doesn't get much lower than that.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Roguey Codex Staff Sawyerite

Roguey
    I watched the video. It doesn't look like anything anyone here would care about, either negatively or positively. At least Obsidian/Outer Worlds has anti-fans and bitter former fans.

^ Top  
  11. Ol' Willy Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    TOW makes me very sad if nothing else. The old guard, people behind the Holy Trinity, people behind Troika, developing and releasing such soulless and mediocre game and actually being proud of it... Their descent to mediocrity is something I don't wanna witness

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. jackofshadows Arbiter

jackofshadows
    News about TOW and/or BG3 offer entertaning value while delving into some obscure indie trash better to leave for dedicated thread was mentioned earlier.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Shitty Kitty Learned

Shitty Kitty
    And this is why you should never have heroes

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Gastrick Learned

Gastrick
    It can have people interested but that doesn't mean that every update is worth newsposting about. That's more like what Tabloids do, they exploit popular trashy content and milk it dry. Repetitive, dull updates until most people get bored, very different from a "prestigious newspaper". And then someone tries to put out some quality content for a change and it is deleted.

After watching the video, it looks like a low-budget dark souls clone, I could see someone here being interested in it.

^ Top  
  15. DarkUnderlord Professional Throne Sitter

DarkUnderlord
    We have a news forum?

• Funny x 7
    • it is a mystery x 4
    • No x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Up Yours x 1
    • not sure if serious x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • How DARE you!?? x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Shitty Kitty Learned

Shitty Kitty
    I have been politely informed that this is not the case but that there is a special sponsored section for what Obsidian staff are eating for breakfast on any given day

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    • Slam dunk! Slam dunk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    [​IMG]
    he's at it again

• Funny x 8
    • WTF am I reading x 3
    • Brofist x 1
    • Nuke it from orbit x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Crispy Don't get old. Undisputed Queen of Faggotry

Crispy
    Infinitron to Saint_Proverbius:

[​IMG]

• cuck x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • decline x 2
    • STOP! posting x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Salute x 1
    • Someone has issues x 1
    • Begone thot! x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. normie Magister Patron Zionist Agent

normie
    Insert Title Here
    gamers rise up

• WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 2
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • "It was Aliens" "It was Aliens" x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    That's not true, not only obsidian .Disco Elysium: The Final Cut releasing on March 30th :: rpg codex > doesn't scale to your level . I dont remember an indie game having so many coverage everywhere .Even magazines never speaking about video games, spoke about it, some guy at ZA/UM must have a fantastic netwok of friends in the press. A great adventure game in any case, rpg lite at best. So i suppose there's again some deal with the front page this time it was for disco elysium and outerworld they paid for it, not for that dark alliance game.

The criterias are not quality no one here believes it , there's plenty of shovelware, eurojank and such . Criteria is not about it being a rpg either. St proverbius was censored because the front page like the curator list (check the things added) are EXTREMELY important to infinitron.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    almost like it might have something to do with connections and developer political views hmm

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Makes you think... Makes you think... x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Gastrick Learned

Gastrick
    Infinitron is worried that if someone else starts consistently posting news and being active then they will eventually become the new head of the site. That was part of how he became the de-facto head-admin. Saint_Proverbius's assurance that he wasn't muscling in had no effect on the paranoid mind, where the fact that Saint_Proverbius did the news work before for over 6 years was enough for "Infinitron".

Edit: There's also that if he isn't the only one doing work then he is no longer invaluable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2021
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    I still don't see what's wrong with giving coverage to no-name zero-budget RPGs that nobody else is going to cover. I can go to any gaming website on the internet to find information about whatever garbage obshitian is spewing out. Having a column dedicated to buried games would be more unique than being a blog page for microsoft's game studios.

• Brofist Brofist x 19
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Mortmal Arcane

Mortmal
    At this point you can believe its the same guy doing newsposting on every rpg sites, the exact same shit is posted everwyhere. Far too many newsposts about inane dev diaries and such ,oh, the watch does have a newsbit about dark alliance, else its exactly the same on both sites.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.