Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News JoWood Focuses on RPGs

Fez

Erudite
You haven't given any details or examples. That is pretty much the definition of vague.

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
"And Volourn's reaction wasn't surprising because he thinks NWN has tactical combat... so of course a game with actual tactics is probably going to scare him!"

Hahah. FFT is misnamed. The only tatic is needed is click, lcik, click on your enemy.

Considering you don't even _click_ in that game, as it uses a controller rather than a mouse, it seems you are talking completely out of your ass.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
"Considering you don't even _click_ in that game, as it uses a controller rather than a mouse, it seems you are talking completely out of your ass."

Uh? You still click with a controler, dumbass. or do controllers make a different sound? Maybe clack?

Face it, FFT shouldn't have the T. In fatc, it shames the FF too. It is the 3rd worst FF game I have ever played. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Considering you don't even _click_ in that game, as it uses a controller rather than a mouse, it seems you are talking completely out of your ass."

Uh? You still click with a controler, dumbass. or do controllers make a different sound? Maybe clack?

Face it, FFT shouldn't have the T. In fatc, it shames the FF too. It is the 3rd worst FF game I have ever played. Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Actually the button doesn't really make any noise at all.

By the way, how do you actually define tactics? I mean, in NWN you just click on an enemy and then press your potion quick slot every couple minutes... whereas in FFT you have to choose lots of different moves, each of which affect different areas of the battlefield, you have to position troops and try to surround enemies or at least get behind them...

I mean, if you _did_ just "click" constantly you really wouldn't get anywhere...

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Actually the button doesn't really make any noise at all.

By the way, how do you actually define tactics? I mean, in NWN you just click on an enemy and then press your potion quick slot every couple minutes... whereas in FFT you have to choose lots of different moves, each of which affect different areas of the battlefield, you have to position troops and try to surround enemies or at least get behind them...

I mean, if you _did_ just "click" constantly you really wouldn't get anywhere..."

R00fles! You lose.

Sarvis

Erudite
Volourn said:
"Actually the button doesn't really make any noise at all.

I mean, if you _did_ just "click" constantly you really wouldn't get anywhere..."

R00fles! You lose.

Wow, that certainly puts me in my place!

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No. It doesn't. But, dumbfuck certainly does.

R00fles!

P.S. My dick has more tatics than FFT while playing with your ass.

dipdipdip

Liturgist
So, what exactly did you hate about FFT? Are you dreading FFXII because it's being produced by the same guy?

Sarvis

Erudite
dipdipdip said:
So, what exactly did you hate about FFT? Are you dreading FFXII because it's being produced by the same guy?

I'm dreading FF12 because the combat is supposed to be similar to how they do it in MMORPGs and characters not being controlled by you will be AI controlled... :(

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"So, what exactly did you hate about FFT?"

Um. How 'bout the fatc its called Tatics yet out of all the FF games; it had some the worse use of tatics in the series.

And, let's not start with the absolutely forgettable story, and characters. And, when I say forgettable I mean forgettable.

As for FF12; no I'm dreading it as I know nothing about it so I haven't any actual news about it to like or hate.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Volourn said:
"So, what exactly did you hate about FFT?"

Um. How 'bout the fatc its called Tatics yet out of all the FF games; it had some the worse use of tatics in the series.

And, let's not start with the absolutely forgettable story, and characters. And, when I say forgettable I mean forgettable.

As for FF12; no I'm dreading it as I know nothing about it so I haven't any actual news about it to like or hate.

Final Fantasy games had tactics? The only tactics there were in the games other than FFT were to have all your swordy dudes select "Attack" when their timer came up, have the wizards select the rock/paper/scissors spell for the monster's lowest resistance which was easy to figure out, and then use healing when people got fairly low on hit points.

FFT had all of the above, plus it added distance and movement, a bunch of special attacks based on the multitude of classes you had, and so forth. You couldn't just select "Attack" from the menu, you had to move to the monster, face him, and attack - based on how many actions you could do during your round. The same thing goes for healing, you have to actually be near who needs to heal. Given that the monsters could be scattered on that battlefield and who you wanted to heal or attack could open up your current person to an even worse series of attacks the following turn if you did that, I'd say it definitely had more tactics, not less.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Well, there was also the fact that you had height differences to worry about as well as terrain types that would affect movement and give penalties or bonuses to attacks. I can't remember if archers got bonuses for being higher than their targets and vice versa though. Also you had the ability to choose what skills your troops could learn as they leveled up and such.

It's been awhile since I played it, but I've recently played some similar titles that they've released for the Gameboy Advance within the past year.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom