Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Jupiter Hell - DoomRL successor

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
help, I sank into this fucking game again

and worst of all it has new content I haven't seen yet so I'm bound to keep sinking ever further

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Funny as hell, managed to win on a run that I was sure would crash and burn. It was a constant uphill struggle until Io, and I was sure Io would assrape me, but that was actually when it turned around.

Hard, gunrunner shotgun scout. I even cleared out Dante Inferno which I never managed before. Suffice to say blasting niggas from offscreen with AoE 100% crit chance is quite powerful.

Went through the harbinger like it ain't no thing. Smashed him with the BFG though I was considering doing it with the plasma shotty just for added challenge, but I figured 'don't be stupid roxorowski'. It turned out to be my 2nd highest-scored run in the end.

And funny thing about 'don't be stupid', starting with CRI Labs I started being super extra careful and used medkits very proactively to prevent the run from ending abruptly. And then in the final summary, I see I got a medal for "winning despite getting down to 1 hp at some point". Livin' on da razor's edge.

xuerebx

Erudite
Just played 3 hours on this game and I'm having a blast. So fast and engaging - sometimes I forget it's turn based (seriously, I need to restrain myself from quickly pressing the arrows keys!). I generally die in level 3, but this time I managed to get to Valhalla (?) Spaceport + cleared the mines. How far was I into the game at the spaceport?

Also playing as a Marine on Hard. Is this class easier than the other 2 classes?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I may have finally managed to get a viable melee build going as a techie bladedancer juggernaut. Running towards niggas at 150% movement speed and 75% damage reduction to shank them in the tits is very satisfying, especially with the quickblade I got and which with a swap harness takes just 0.06 sec to swap to.

Though this might be a very bold statement since I only just reached Io, but after going through level 1 it turns out I can shank CRI bots in just two hits, so this is certainly auspicious.

Optimist

Savant
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
1686312162051.png

:negative:

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Feels like Jupiter Hell is now truly feature complete, with all chapters having their own end bosses, and all side-branches having their own special item perks and "side quests". The last time I played only Callisto had that, so this is certainly a big change (and improvement).

Ain't gonna lie, this game is good effin shit. And addictive as all hell.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Are there planned expansions or is this done? Which means maybe time to purchase.

xuerebx

Erudite
Awww shit, nearly cleared the 2nd planet! Literally just needed one more shot but ran out of ammo against the cyromancer (sp?). The traits where you move and shoot is fucking awesome - add a chaingun into the mix and I was a lawnmower.

Do red keycards do anything? I had 3 in my inventory but never found use for them, seemed like a wasted inventory slot.

Reality

Learned
Red key cards are basically hoarded until you get to 3rd planet where you can cash them in for BFG (req 3)

But tbh, multi tools also work for that if you don't want the dead item slot (req 9)

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Do red keycards do anything? I had 3 in my inventory but never found use for them, seemed like a wasted inventory slot.

You can use them to open rooms with special rewards in various side branches - not just on the 3rd moon (Io) but already from the start (e.g. in Callisto Docking Bay).

Sometimes elevators to side branches will also require red keycards to unlock.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
each time i find a fire fiend's claw i'm like 'sweet set niggas on fire before i shank them'

and then i explode a napalm barrel next to me and die

each time

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
jh1.png

Any time I spot a nigga, I pop a smoke screen and wait for him to approach. The moment he does, he gets 10 poison, 10 burning, while I deal 50% more damage to him from my dual auto-calibrated hunter/frenzy katanas.

My name is death.

xuerebx

Erudite
Yuusssss killed the Cryomancer! Off to the 3rd world :D Let's see how far I'll make it...

EDIT: I ded. CRI Lab invasion of too many demons

Last edited:

xuerebx

Erudite
I assume conventional weapons are not so good anymore since plasma weapons are now available?

Reality

Learned
The 7.62 caliber weapons can finish the game comfortably even without uniques (sniper, combat pistol, chaingun, assault rifle) only one thst feels incapable is the smg

The actual unique 7.62 are mostly better than plasma (base or unique) stuff like the AWP sniper or the pierce rifle

I've finished with some of the .44 rare pistols but it never felt great

The plasma shotgun sometimes feels like an upgrade sometimes doesn't ... jackhammer/ super shotgun can work lategame they just limit which special floors you take for ammo reasons.

You almost 100% need scavenger skillpoints to use 44 or shotgun in lategame

Ive never finished with any 9mm at all

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
In my view you shouldn't be using 9mm guns already past Callisto. Not only do they fall off already at that point, the ammo scarcity only becomes worse with each level. It's too bad though because some of the 9mm uniques are pretty spicy, but what's the point when there's no ammo for them.

As for plasma guns I end up using them pretty rarely, because they are all ammo hungry like hell and Io is when inventory space becomes very dear. Plus, most of the fully modded unique/AV guns you take to Io will be at least on par with them. I usually just grab the plasma shotgun vs CRI bots if I do a shotgun run.

xuerebx

Erudite
Thanks for the tips above - I've scrapped 9mm on this run and am focusing on using 7.62 ammo (plasma on the side since I'm finding plenty of this). I've made it slightly further than last time, and have the following traits. Once I get L3 in Onslaught, any ideas what other traits could be useful? I've never used any of the rest of the traits up till now.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/2061007451676686505/DA54E11F568D3B66678D5AFF7D6625CF81235EE9/?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=#000000&letterbox=false

DA54E11F568D3B66678D5AFF7D6625CF81235EE9

EDIT: nevermind, died in shadow halls 1 :lol:

Last edited:

xuerebx

Erudite
The Haste challenge is pretty neat. Shorter game, smaller maps, quicker level ups, and still mostly the same content (for now at least).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom