Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
've got far too much a sense of loyalty and old-fashioned trust built up in me. My bark is far worse than my bite.

TTMlPLD.png

Bigg Boss

Arcane
My rating privileges have been revoked for weeks and I don't even hate the kikes that much. I just like making jokes. DU is evil and mean and should not get any dessert after dinner.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Since shoutbox, unlike GD, is something even non-members or newer members can read, it actually has a bigger impact on how people perceive this site than you might imagine

Or maybe you like that people think this is the gamer version of Stormfront

You could be right, but I sure don't want to be the one on the line for de-Nazifying Shoutbox. Only DU could enforce that.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The way to do that is to get rid of it so people start posting more. Besides aren't most of the Boxfags on the Discord?

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Anyway it's just a shoutbox ban so whatever.

Just a shoutbox ban? Yeah well hey, if the Holy Shoutbox means that little to you how about you will be banned from the prestigious gathering hall of Codexia's Cognito Elite for life. You don't value it and you disparage it so stay the fuck away and keep your stinking shill stream links to yourself and your pathetic news section.

I have often remarked DarkUnderlord is like King Théoden surrounded by sleazy kikes and sycophant cucks whispering nothing but corruption in his ears, and by Yahweh the Lord God of Israel which is the Adamic White Race, this thread has proven it true beyond every reasonable doubt. Since Codexia obviously supports me - even my long-time detractors want me back in shoutbox as per the most democratic poll in the twin thread - I now claim the SHOUTBOX itself for my portfolio in my bid for MODERATOR OF THE PEOPLE!

Absinthe

Arcane
I don't. Not necessarily. But not all details need to be posted, and certainly not of such trivial things (ad bots, etc.). What's the point of posting those?
Accountability.

What I can't relate to is the inconsistency, though. On one hand you sperg out in your daily reports of who you banned in a very private forum. On the other hand you post the gory details of a private, moderation-related conversation on an off-site location for all to see (but why not on Codex, then?)
There's no inconsistency, if you understand the purpose to be to ensure there is oversight of your actions. Honestly, you sound sore that Infinitron ratted you out for wanting to get Kalin banned off shoutbox, but why the fuck wouldn't you just have the balls to openly admit it? Take some responsibility for the stuff you try to pull.

Well, obviously I'm offended. That's the way I am and I often seek revenge. Read between the lines, friend. But you give me far too much credit, and power. This is my only avenue of reaction. I can't ban anyone -- even if I could, believe me or not, I probably wouldn't. I've got far too much a sense of loyalty and old-fashioned trust built up in me. My bark is far worse than my bite.
Maybe, but I still find it damn curious that your mind somehow decided that Infinitron's multiple instances of ensuring oversight of his actions can only be logically interpreted as a desire to have sole control of the codex with no one else to bother him. It says something about your thought process.

But if you're going to sit there and defend Infinitron taking this to Discord, ascribing it to being transparency of moderation here, I think you might need to re-evaluate your stance on this.
I will defend the practice of openly discussing what you did and why when you ban someone as a moderator. If Infinitron decided to stonewall any inquiries on this shit, that would've been one of the the worst possible ways to handle it. What you can criticize is that shoutboxers and most Codexers tend not to use Discord so it's a shitty way of being full disclosure, especially since Kalin himself had to get told about this second-hand.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Since shoutbox, unlike GD, is something even non-members or newer members can read, it actually has a bigger impact on how people perceive this site than you might imagine

You could be right, but I sure don't want to be the one on the line for de-Nazifying Shoutbox. Only DU could enforce that.
Sooo half the staff want to bend the knee to PC culture...lol the future will be an interesting one.

Absinthe

Arcane

I'm all for making a second, containment shoutbox for GD shit with a year-wall and nuking it off of the shoutbox proper.

Vatnik Wumao

I'm all for making a second, containment shoutbox for GD shit with a year-wall and nuking it off of the shoutbox proper.
The shoutbox would remain irredeemable trash whichever way you'd try to compartmentalize it.

Absinthe

Arcane
Shoutbox actually has moments when it's decent, but mostly the point is just to keep shoutbox from leaking GD all over the forum page and attracting people who don't give a fuck about games that just want to rant about their pet politics.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Shoutbox actually has moments when it's decent, but mostly the point is just to keep shoutbox from leaking GD all over the forum page and attracting people who don't give a fuck about games that just want to rant about their pet politics.
I have rarely seen people talking about extreme politics in the shoutbox. Mostly is talking about faggots,mocking kwanza and talking about games.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Another good point. Mods only exist to get free 'review copies' of games from developers.
Yo Infinitron put me on the mod team.
Jevrejsko-poreklo-Srba0-1000x0-000074711938.jpg
We're probably distant cousins and we both know a bit of nepotism is in order.
LoL actually there is a good chance that you could be cousins,since he is from the region.:lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom