Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fun stuff. :P

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Tadaaaa...dinner is served. Boxed chinese dinner. It's kwetiaw (pronounced like 'kuwaiti-aw') Priced at around Rp. 29,000.00 (USD 2.90) it's well within out of reach of the poor. But it's all well and good, since it's pork...hence the muslim destute will go to heaven and not eat this wondrous, oily meal.

20.jpg

Mmmmm.. beansprouts, crispy pork skin plus slices of meat and prawns.

21.jpg

Taken from Wiki:

"While shahe fen and he fen are transliterations based on Mandarin, there are numerous other transliterations based on Cantonese, which include ho fen, hofen, ho-fen, ho fun, ho-fun, hofoen (a Dutch transliteration in Suriname), hor fun, hor fen, sar hor fun, etc. In addition, shahe fen is often synonymously called kway teow (粿條), literally "ricecake strips", transliteration based on Min Nan Chinese, POJ: kóe-tiâu) or guotiao (pinyin: guǒtiáo; the corresponding transliteration of Mandarin), as in the name of a dish called char kway teow. However, shahe fen and kway teow are strictly and technically not the same (the latter being essentially ricecakes sliced into strips) and the Min Nans in general still consciously make a distinction between shahe fen and kway teow in their speech. Original ricecakes or its strips are very stiff in texture (even after cooking), making them unpopular with modern consumers.
It is also known in Sabah as da fen (大粉), means "wide vermicelli", due to its similarity of colour and texture to vermicelli.
These noodles are called guay tiew sen yai (Thai: เส้นใหญ่, meaning "large rice noodles") in Thailand, and kwetiau in Indonesia"

I'm now well-fed and installing Guilty Gear XX Reload PC version with PS2 controllers plugged in to kill time.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Codex as a poster though I've visited the frontpage for years for news and even read some of the forums for a year. I only decided to start posting, because I wanted to thank some of you for your Let's Plays which have brought me both great entertainment and introduced me to games I would never have known to play.

I'm starting here since KS has a lot of great fan stuff that could add a lot to the thread. I want post anything though until the pictures match a recently played scene so nothing gets spoiled.

By the way...I haven't played it, but have "tracked" it for the past two weeks. That's why I got all this.

RK47 said:
lilly.jpg
The details are a bit complicated, but I'm half Japanese, half Scottish.

132742644252.jpg

Brother None said:
Heh. This game sure has a lot of fanart and stuff. Didn't realize it was such a wide cultural phenomenon.

I have never played a Visual Novel and I actually detest the idea given that it tends towards sappy relationships and raunchy sex scenes. However I kept seeing KS talked about on places and by people that have no interest such things normally.

So I found out the company that made it is not only English speaking (don't need a patch for what I would have thought was a Japanese game), but it was developed by a small group of fans formed around message boards. They even released it for free.

I will play it...I'm afraid of what will happen to me (emotionally) when I'm done though.

Speaking of of fan-content...

Brother None said:
Apropos, a question: why is Misha even on this school? Is anything wrong with her?

1326835678125.jpg

Sincerely,
The Vault Dweller

RK47

Patron
it tastes sooo goood, though. ;) imma eat huge tiger prawns later today.
Oh yeah, i noticed my bro's sleeping pattern now. I think I can update this LP for real tonight...i'll start the torrent now. Wish me luck, bros!

EDIT: Torrent finished, installed.
Auto mode - Text Fast Speed engaged! ;)

Hey, VD. Welcome! I got caught off guard cause there's another 'Vault Dweller' in the forum. :lol:

corvus

Arcane
Welcome *The* Vault Dweller, enjoy your stay and watch for the festering cesspit that is General Discussion.

I will play it...I'm afraid of what will happen to me (emotionally) when I'm done though.

Probably nothing if you pick the Shizune path. That one was pretty plain IMO. Rin's fucked me up for a few days after I finished though. Actually made me start reflecting on my life and my past relationships and other fun shit. But srsly Shizune is boring.

:lol:

I'm not sure why I find this highly amusing, but: http://ks.renai.us/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=1655

RK47

Patron
AWRIGHT, NO GOING OUT TODAY! BRO IS DOWN WITH FOOD POISONING! BUT HOW TO PASS TIME?
HERPES 3 : MIGHT N MAGIK HOTSHIT!

01.jpg

Castle vs Stronghold. Pussy Loynis has PRAYER specialty, a level 4 buff spell that is quite powerful in early game. My choice of Stronghold hero is Gurnisson, a Barbarian with Ballista specialty. He starts with a free ballista.

Here's my starting position. Not too bad. The pack of zombies are guarding an obelisk. I doubt we'll be fighting for the grail, but the zombies should give decent exp.

02.jpg

I immediately recruit another hero . It's no good. Eagle eyes specialty is pretty shit. BUt i need the extra pair of legs to explore, loot and bring additional troop count.

03.jpg

I sent her west . while gurnisson east.

04.jpg

Our first objective is to find a lumber mill and ore pit. Without those two, we won't be able to build much.
Good thing they're located next to each other :smug:
05.jpg

06.jpg

Town development is simple. Wolf Pen > Orc Fort by day 3

07.jpg

Oh, I forgot, my brother took gold as starting pick, while I chose artifact. The crest of valor is a good morale bonus.

08.jpg

Day 5 and the flying bird nest is up.

09.jpg

Further scouting northwest founds a neutral orc fort which i can recruit additional axethrowers from.

10.jpg

Day 7 : Behemoth Lair is ready. I'm ready to start fighting.

11.jpg

End of 1st update

RK47

Patron
Week 2 time to start fighting with our behemoths. The mage guild is constructed to provide us with basic magery.
01.jpg

I've pretty much done with the upgrades. Our resources now will be diverted to creature recruitment. No telling how close the enemy is to our borders.
03.jpg

I took a gamble with this tavern hero in week 3. She provides 350 gold daily. If I can keep her for 8 days, she can pay back the 2500 gold in no time and pure profit will follow.
04.jpg

Heres our creature roster

05.jpg

A short fight with random stacks of gnoll for 2 treasure chests to bolster our treasury.

06.jpg

A short hunt later, I picked up 2 spell scrolls of Bless & View Air (worthless, really)

07.jpg

The mage guild spell selection is pretty poor, but bless is crucial.

08.jpg

Week 2 Day 6, my brother's army reached my borders and I decided to go all out - I sold every resources and recruited all the army I could.

09.jpg

He didn't think I'd reach him. :smug:

10.jpg

My bro throws a magic arrow on first round, dealing 40 dmg and killing 3 gogs. I'm surprised his marksmen did not take the first shot, choosing instead to wait.

11.jpg

Apparently, he missed spotting my orcs, hidden behind the wolves. :lol: I gleefully blessed my orcs and opened fire with max dmg. Killing 12 marksmen.

12.jpg

Butthurt, he chose to surrender. 7000 gold was paid in exchange for his army's safe return to their castle. :smug:

13.jpg

With 7000 gold, I guess I can start buying all my roster and start a final assault in the 3rd week.

RK47

Patron
Dang, fraps can't shoot shoujo screen. Damn. And I cannot recall the screencap software i used before. :( Hmmm.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The game itself can create a png screenshot if you use the 'S' button
They're created next to the executable itself, so you may need to check VirtualStore and what not

EDIT: supposedly a standard feature of RenPy, the whatchumahcallit they used to make the game.

RK47

Patron
Nice tip. Will do this once my bro is asleep. I fast forwarded to act 2.

RK47

Patron
A few days later - (ED: I really lost track of time and I'm doing an 'on the go update', shorter and faster, so I could just jam the REPLY button if my parents drop into the room unannounced)

Guardian.png
Hicchan...
screenshot0002.png

me.jpg
Go away.
Guardian.png
Hicchan~.
me.jpg
Leave me alone.
Guardian.png
Come on, Hicchan~

ED: That deep, thoughtful dialogues. I miss those.

me.jpg
Hmmph. Let me sleep.

After two nights of not being able to sleep at all, the last thing I awnt is to be woken when I finally manage to.
It may be the last period of class, with a textbook as my pillow, but I'll take whatever sleep I can get by this point.

ED: Hmm. Must be the same day as the hangover.

mi.jpg
See Hicchan, even Shicchan wants you to get up~!

I don't care what Shizune wants, leave me alone.

ED: :eek: That's goddamn manly, Dovahkiin.

mi.jpg
Geez, Hicchan, I'll just have to wake...

Wait, Misha's going to..?

mi.jpg
...you...

ED: !!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is bad!

01.jpg

ED: The fuck?

I can feel my face flowering into a scarlet red blush.
The students still in class are sitting bolt upright and staring at the shouting fool who was sleeping just moments before.

me.jpg
...Dammit.

I let my head smack back down on the table with a noticeable thud.

03.jpg

Misha's trademark uncontrolled laughter reverberates through the classroom.
As I turn my mournful eyes to the bespectacled Shizune beside her, she carefully adjusts her glasses, desperately trying to maintain a look of serious disapproval.
Narrowing my eyes, I can see the badly-hidden grin spreading across her face.

me.jpg
Et tu, Shizune?

Shizune looks away quickly as she crosses her arms tightly, barely on the edge of her control.

mi-haha.jpg
Wahahahahaha~!

ED: Are we still in class?

Misha's laughter doubles in volume as she glances at Shizune. All I can do is drag my hand down my face in resignation.

me.jpg
You two...
mi.jpg
Who was the one who slept in class, Hicchan~?

ED: Oh, I don't know. Did he sleep with two girls?

me.jpg
Yeah, yeah, it was me.
mi.jpg
Poor Shicchan was having a fit trying to wake you up. Weren't you?

I move my eyes back to the standoffish Shizune, who with a single huff of confirmation returns to looking away with her arms crossed.

me.jpg
Why was Shizune trying to wake me up?

ED: Oh, I dunno. Maybe it's because you're not supposed to sleep during class?

mi.jpg
Shicchan wanted to give you the handouts the substitute teacher gave out while Hiccan was sleeping.
me.jpg
Handouts?

I suddenly find two sheets of paper thrust down in front of my face.

04.jpg

ED: Let's just STFU and be grateful shall we?

me.jpg
...Ah. Um, sorry about that.

No dice. Her irritated face still holds. I clasp my hands together and flick my head downwards in apology.

me.jpg
Very, very sorry.

She huffs and simply drops the papers on the desk.

me.jpg
Damn.

I look up over my hands to see Shizune and Misha signing frantically to each other, a look of frustration on Shizune's face.

shi-frown.jpg
...!

It looks to be less of a dialogue and more of a tirade, punctuated with a sidelong glances at me. To say it's unsettling is an understatement.

ED: I'm just glad she can't talk our ears off.

me.jpg
Um...

The two suddenly stop signing and look at me in unison, both having exactly the same look of disapproval.

ED: Butthurt detected.

In one fluid motion, Misha's hand suddenly extends high above me and comes rocketing down.

WHAM!

Before I can even hope to react, my head is sent bouncing up and down like a jack-in-the-box.
I quickly bring my hands to my head, more out of reflex than actual pain.

me.jpg
Oh! What was that for!?

ED: BITCH-whacked!

I open my eyes to see the two grinning at each other while exchanging an enthusiastic thumbs up.

mi.jpg
Shicchan says she forgives you now, Hicchan~!

ED: That was for sleeping in class, huh? Wonder what's for sleeping in a girl's dorm room?

me.jpg
Could you forgive me with a little less force next time?
mi-haha.jpg
Wahahahaha~!

I look at the two with a blank face. Misha and Shizune: one, Hisao: nil.

shi.jpg
mi-grin.jpg
Oh, Shicchan also says that you should check your student mail more often~!
05.jpg

ED: Hmmmmmm...who could it be?

Strange. Who could have written me a letter? Now is not the time and most definitely not the place to find out, though.
Giving up on the nap so cruelly taken from me, I rub my forehead and slowly get up, putting the sheets and envelope in my bag before swinging it over my shoulder.

I take a step back and move to depart with a small bow, while Misha clutches her sides laughing and Shizune nods back in a curt farewell.

ED: How mysterious. That's the end of this update!

Monoclebear

Educated
At first i was: Whaaaaaiiiiiit a minute, he's changin the game? Oh but it's HMM3 , that's still a cool game. Then i realized it was joke.
Dam you for screwing with my head!

RK47

Patron
Yesterday's lunch was mostly home cooked.
Stir fried broccoli, steamed chicken, fried prawn nuggets and squid as well as spiced fried fish. I love the fish. They don't make these in Singapore.

01.jpg

This morning, mom made chow mien (basically fried noodle)

02.jpg

And dad brought home some soup. Can you guess what it is?

03.jpg

04.jpg

:smug:

05.jpg

Right. Additional dishes include a nice deep fried fish fillet (lightly salted) and giant tiger prawns.

06.jpg

Bellies full, we set off to another hated activity of mine: shopping. Today's destination is Senayan City

07.jpg

This Zara boutique price is bullshit as ever. Rp. 499,000 (with discount) before discount it was a million Rp. (Around USD 100.00)

08.jpg

After agreeing to buy 2-3 new pieces of overpriced shirts to please my mom with my new year wardrobe, I decide to go for junk food. How different is Domino in Jakarta?

09.jpg

The cheesy bread didn't look the same to me. :o

10.jpg

I think my aunt ordered a large all cheese pizza. This is kinda sick.
11.jpg

Well, that's all the food we had for today. End of Update!

RK47

Patron
01.jpg

02.jpg

ED: ...Unexpected, but I'm sure we're fine by now. Let's act natural.

me.jpg
Whoa. Uh, hey Hanako.
han.jpg
Good afternoon...Hisao.

Silence falls between us as busily chatting students pass us by. She's fidgeting constantly, her eyes drawn to her rather unremarkable footwear.
I take the bridge of my nose in my fingers while I blink my eyes heavily in an attempt to make things seem clearer. I am barely staying awake as it is.

me.jpg
Hanako, you want to say something. What is it?

ED: Huh. Direct. I like that.

han.jpg
U-um...I wanted to...give you this...
me.jpg
Hmm?

She holds out a small rectangular piece of paper. I blink again to make out the text through barely open eyes, slowing starting to make out what's written.

ED: Hopefully it's a message from Lilly or something -

03.jpg

ED: Are you fucking kidding me?

me.jpg
A shopping list?

I look upward, raising an eyebrow.

ED: Please tell me it's for Lilly. Or else...

han.jpg
I usually go shopping with Lilly, but I can't come, so...
me.jpg
You want me to run errands for you?

ED: Wow. You're a complete asshole to Hanako. I like that. :lol:

han-sad.jpg
I-it's okay if you don't want to! I just thought that, maybe, um...

ED: What is this? Seriously - can't you just ask properly?

She's panicking. I sigh. Yet another battle lost, though this time by a weakly-fought surrender.
I smile tiredly and rest a hand on her head to calm her down.

ED: You - what?

me.jpg
It's fine, I was going to go anyway. Just the stuff on this list?

She nods then bows deeply, twice, as if to make her gratitude perfectly clear.

han.jpg
W-we're going to meet outside the school gates at six...thank you, I was going to get it, but I need to study for the test tomorrow.

ED: Oh, she's setting us up with Lilly. This is good news. I'm feeling less angry already.

me.jpg
Test? Ah, that's right, science. How're you doing with it?

She brightens ever so slightly.

han.jpg
I've been...spending more time on it than before. I think I can do... okay.
me.jpg
Good work, then.

She too, starts smiling, and much more earnestly than I at that.
I have full confidence that I can do fine in it without any extra studying, but the fact that she's putting in the effort instead of just reading in the library is heartening.

me.jpg
I'll grab your stuff and take it to your dorm in the evening. Seeya.

With a small wave, we part ways.

ED: Oh, well. Can't be helped. It's not like we love running errands, right?

I'll go do my homework before meeting Lilly. I should be able to take care of it in time.

ED: Hey, what about the letter? Did you forget?

04.jpg

ED: Well, fuck it, I guess. Let's go with Lilly.

Only a couple of minutes, but enough to make me step smartly out into the courtyard and to the school gate.
I make a right turn and start my way towards the small town below, leaving a few students turning the other way to the bus station.
I slip my right hand into my pocket as I walk into the orange sunlight of dusk.
Thankfully the sweltering summer heat's started to die down, making way for a pleasant cool breeze.

05.jpg

ED: Yay.

me.jpg
Ah, Lilly.

She stops and turns around, swiveling her head slightly to try and work out exactly where the voice came from.

me.jpg
Hey. It's me.

ED: A name would be nice. But I'm quite surprised Lilly went on ahead. She can't possibly go shopping on her own...

I quickly catch up to her, coming in beside her and matching her slow pace as we resume walking.

lilly.jpg
Good afternoon, Hisao.
me.jpg
Hi there.

ED: I thought things have progressed beyond 'Hi, friend.' 'Hello, mate.' and stuff...we should be more...lovey dovey and stuffies.

06.jpg

ED: Shouldn't you be looking a her, instead?

A distinct tinge of orange discolors the clouds, washing the footpath in its light. Long shadows from the trees fall across the wide road down the hill.

lilly.jpg
So, Hisao, what brings you here?

ED: Ehhh? Hanako never told her?

me.jpg
Just going to town to grab some groceries. Hanako sent me.
lilly-pout.jpg
Hanako sent you?
me.jpg
Yeah, said she needed to study for a test tomorrow. I was going to come down anyway, so I'll just buy her stuff as well.

Unspoken is that Lilly really could use some help to get food, but it's an obvious fact that neither of us needs to state.

ED: *Shrugs*

lilly-smile.jpg
It's good to hear she's studying for it.
me.jpg
I thought the same thing when she asked me to come with you.

ED: Can we not hint too obvious stuff to her already? Let's ..just be direct or something.

We continue walking down the street, the familiar sound of her cane echoing through the air as we go. Except for the occasional passing car and the leaves whispering in the branches, there's a blissful silence.
Thank God I can finally relax for the first time today.

ED: Happy for you, Bro.

I glance over at Lilly.
That porcelain face of hers never seems to lack that air of relaxed confidence. I guess the same could be said of her confidence, too.
As she silently walks, her face remaining pointed to the street ahead of her, I look ahead and savor the cool air blowing over my face.
This is probably the calmest moment I've had since the about-face my life took so recently.
To have it while walking to get some groceries. What a weird life.

ED: I think it's kind of sad.

I feel the crumpled-up note rubbing against my hand in my pocket, and pull it out to check its contents.

me.jpg
Let's see here...eggs, bread, cereal, thyme, lettuce, shaved ham...
lilly.jpg
That sounds like quite a bit to carry back along with your own.
me.jpg
Yeah. Just how much does this girl eat anyway?

ED: Have some tact, please.

Mind mind suddenly clicks that yes, there actually is a person beside me.

ED: WHAT?

me.jpg
W-wait, I mean...

She laughs wholeheartedly.

lilly-smile.jpg
My my, Hisao.

ED: What an asshole you are. *Chuckles*

Her giggles punctuate her words, though she's making little effort to suppress them.

lilly.jpg
Quite direct today, aren't we?
me.jpg
Yeah, you got me there. Still, it is quite a bit.

ED: Awww, come on. Drop it.

lilly.jpg
Usually I go shopping with Hanako, so I know what she buys. It's the same thing every week.
me.jpg
Huh. She a good cook?

She gives a nervous giggle.

ED: I take that as a 'Haha, are you kidding? She's already half-cooked by now' Heaaheheauheuahauehe.

lilly.jpg
It's usually me who ends up cooking. I used to do so for Akira, so it's no problem doing it for Hanako as well.
me.jpg
You can cook? But...

ED: Why? Goddamit. WHY ARE YOU STILL RETARDED?

A short hum with an amused lilt emanates from beside me. I wonder if the fact that she seems amused by my comments so often is actually genuine, or rather just from a want to make me more comfortable in addressing her blindness?

ED: Do you prefer to be punched in the face instead?

lilly.jpg
There are ways around it. Some meals are more difficult to cook than others because of being unable to see what I'm doing, but it usually only takes a little more time. Fingers can double as very useful measuring tools, for example.

It makes sense, but she'd have to be pretty careful not to hurt herself. I wonder how many times that's happened, given that it sounds like she's cooked alone for possibly years while Akira worked and her parents were gone.

With that, the conversation trails off.
Compared to the awkward silences of Hanako, Lilly seems genuinely content to say what she thinks and stay quiet when there's nothing to say.
The slick road under my feet is bathed in an orange glow, the occasional fallen leaf crunching underfoot as we walk. I let out a deep yawn, my lack of sleep coming back to haunt me.

lilly.jpg
Did you not get much sleep last night?

ED: Did we even sleep together?

me.jpg
I couldn't sleep at all for the last two nights.

ED: Eh? What? Time skipped? AGAIN?

me.jpg
Probably insomnia.

Lilly's face suddenly comes worried. It feels like a personal failure every time she gets worried about my well-being, even if it's genuinely nice to know someone cares.

lilly-sad.jpg
You have insomnia? Aren't you going to see the nurse about it?

ED: :eek: No. There's no need for that. I'm sure there isn't...

me.jpg
Nah, no real need. it's happened before a few times. My meds screw with my sleeping occasionally.
lilly-sad.jpg
Ah...I'm..sorry.
me.jpg
Come on, it's not your fault. At least I shouldn't have any trouble getting to sleep tonight.
lilly-sad.jpg
You do worry me sometimes.

ED: Oh?

me.jpg
I...worry you?

I reach around and scratch the back of my neck. I kind of want to address this.

me.jpg
Hey, Lilly.
lilly.jpg
Hmm?
me.jpg
I don't mean to sound weird, but...please try to forget about my heart condition.

ED: I think we'll do that once you start acting proper and stop poking at other people's disabilities.

She looks kind of lost. I hardly blame her.

me.jpg
I guess what I'm trying to get at is... just don't treat me differently because of it.

She bows her head slightly, her white cheeks reddening almost imperceptibly.

lilly.jpg
It's only natural to worry about those around you...

ED: ...I can't believe you just berated her for caring. What the fuck? Aspie much?

me.jpg
Well, it's still nice to know there's someone like that out there.

It may be somewhat embarrassing to say, but it's the truth. Lilly takes a deep breath to regain her composure and manages a gentle smile, though her cheeks remain flushed.
The final downhill walk to the store passes in silence.

07.jpg

I grab two well-worn red baskets from the stack beside the entrance and pass one to Lilly.
Just as she did before, she lays it on the ground and slides her retracted cone between the blanket's handle before picking it back up with her right hand.
When she takes hold of my arm in her own, I'm surprised at just how fast this ind of casual contact became so natural. Mostly due to necessity, no doubt.

lilly.jpg
Shall we?
me.jpg
Sure,

While we navigate around the store, the odd person occasionally passing us pays us no heed at all. It's nice, compared to the stares and whispers around the city.
As we reach each aisle, I quickly check with Lilly what she needs and grab it along with what I want, putting our items into their respective blankets.
It's an odd feeling, to be depended on so much for something so basic as shopping. Hanako would be practically a necessity for her to pick out what she wants, after all.

me.jpg
Right, I'm pretty much done with both my stuff and Hanako's. You needing anything else, Lilly?
lilly.jpg
No, this should be everything.
me.jpg
Off we go, then.

Oddly, there's a queue a mile long. Considering the store's only large enough to warrant one counter, seems like it'll take a while.

me.jpg
Damn.

Lilly gives an inquisitive look, unable to see the reason for my complaint.

ED: LANGUAGE!

me.jpg
The queue's really long. Look like we'll have to wait.
lilly.jpg
How strange.

Sharing the same mood of resignation, we reluctantly take our place at the end of the line.
One person finishes, the line moves up. Another person finishes, the line moves up.

ED: And move, the line did.

By the time we finally reach the head of the line, I'm so close to dozing of that Lilly has to gently pat me on the back for me to move up.

ED: But...how does she know when to move?

lilly.jpg
Hisao...Hisao!
me.jpg
Hmm? Ah, sorry.

She gives a short sigh of consternation as I move up, getting the groceries for Hanako and I put into separate bags.

ED: Jeez, what a terrible outing.

By the time we emerge from the store, Lilly's holding a single bag while I struggle to carry four, both hands well and truly full. It's a lot of work, but thankfully the items in them are light.
Even without looking skyward it's obvious that a surprising amount of time's passed, the road outside being dark and lit by streetlamps.
Once Lilly retrieves her cane, we set out back to the dormitories the way we came, leaving the welcoming glow of the store.

Despite the road being empty of cars, the full bags abundantly make up for the lack of noise, constantly clunking and squeaking together.

lilly-smile.jpg
My my, Hisao, it's good to find that you're eating well.

ED: ??????

me.jpg
I'm a growing guy after all, I need to eat all I can!

ED: I guess we fast forwarded past dinner.

lilly.jpg
Hmm...it must be nice, being a man.

ED:Ask ScottishMartialArts about it.

me.jpg
W-what?

Seemingly not noticing or ignoring, my surprise at the completely out of the left field comment, she continues on without missing a beat.

lilly.jpg
Weight doesn't really bother you when eating, most of the time.
me.jpg
I get what you mean. Women tend to worry about stuff like that more than we do, I guess.
lilly-smile.jpg
Exactly. It makes me somewhat envious, to be honest.
me.jpg
Well, it's not like we can outright ignore it.

With an affirmative nod, we continue our walk.

me.jpg
Huh, that's right.
lilly.jpg
What is it?
me.jpg
Hanako mentioned your birthday was earlier this year. Do anything special for it?

She gives a long pause, lost in thought for a few seconds as she recalls the event.

lilly-smile.jpg
Not really. It was just Hanako and I having a little party during the night after school.

ED: The same one you had for her birthday, eh?

me.jpg
Your birthday's supposed to be a big event, you know.

ED: Are we still in sixth grade? Come on. No balloons nor cake already!

Sounds like a pretty lonely way to spend a birthday, just she and Hanako staying overnight.

ED: Perhaps the hot lesbian sex make up for it.

Birthdays always felt like a family occasion for me. They were a time when, in spite of their full-time jobs, both my parents would make an effort to be there for the day or at least for a party beforehand.
It reminds me of how Lilly mentioned she hadn't seen her family in such a long time, and even ended up moving away from Akira's house afterwards.
But I guess it's the same situations as mundane as these. Considering her inability to the packaging, just getting groceries would be a pain without somebody else around.
In the end, she just has Hanako and I, and Akira when she's off from work.

ED: Kinda sad.

Be that as it may, she still seems to have many more distant friends among the students, not to mention people like Yuuko.
It seems to be her own choice that there's no separation between those who are close to her, and those who she only socializes with.
It humbles me a little to see how much Lilly seems to have her life set up and going just as she wants.
Yet Hanako is there for her to celebrate her birthday, and I'm here helping her with shopping. It's a weird kind of symbiosis, I suppose.

lilly-pout.jpg
Are you all right, Hisao?

ED: He's busy doing the monologue.

me.jpg
Sorry?

ED: Told ya.

lilly-pout.jpg
You just seemed to go very quiet, that's all.
me.jpg
Ah, sorry. I was just thinking.
lilly.jpg
Oh?
09.jpg

ED: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Truth. If we don't force him to talk about something more personal than the weather or grocery shopping, this aspie is never going to get any.

I also thoroughly approve of how this has shifted from being LP: Katawa Shoujo to LP: Whatever RK47 is doing today.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom