Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

:thumbsup:

spekkio

Arcane
There's some high-quality prank going on in this thread ATM.
Just wanted to warn you, people.

I sense another sticky in Retardo, of the 'Kaiserin-Kingcomrade' -kind.

:obviously:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I know not what you speak of, spekkio. :smug:

Anyways, breakfast was done in day 2 and we're off!

01.jpg

As you can see, the streets of Jakarta can be a little chaotic. Wagons going against the traffic. Road stalls and snack hawkers litter the traffic lights intersection.
If you pay attention to that dirty riverway around the horizon, there's a bunch of shacks and slums built. Those were mostly the poor coming to the capital in search of fortune. They have no land permit and built shacks with whatever they could find. Eventually, when land developers come to build malls over them, they had to rent cops to drive these parasites away.

Strangely, no one bothered to drive them away when no construction is going on. My father told me they paid bribes to the civic officials. Of course, they can't compete with the big time developers. So when the construction crew came with cops, they can't do a damn thing.

02.jpg

Toll highways usually require payment. $1.00 or so per entry.

03.jpg

Traffic isn't so bad, since it' a public holiday. Can't wait to see how bad it is tomorrow.

04.jpg

Rich/Upper class residential areas tend to have security barricade surrounding it. Ever since the unrest in 1998, when the rioting poor broke into the rich apartments, burning, pillaging and raping, no one is taking any chance this time.

05.jpg

And there's my eldest aunt's home. Bigger than mine for sure.

06.jpg

I wouldn't mind living in this city so much if traffic isnt' so bad...but that's not the case, last friday, a day before my arrival, the last minute shopping creates extreme jams that held up the streets for around 3 hours. People would suffer through 2-3 hours of driving only to do 1 hour of business before making the exhausting trip home.

07.jpg

What a waste of space IMO. All that empty space..and there's just one stairway up. Could've fit at least another 2 bed rooms.

08.jpg

My bro entertaining the nephews with his footballing skills.

09.jpg

I can't imagine them cleaning up the 2 storey high curtains.

10.jpg

My sis gets down to business by singing the day away with Karaoke while I spend my time chatting with other cousins. Relatives insisted I sing a song, not wanting to disappoint mom, I decided to sing Matt Monro's 'My Kind of Girl'; simple, clear, and effective. Unlike those next-gen musics. :smug: But anyway, watching all the uncles and aunts gathering around my sis as she sang was pretty sweet. I think she got more money from them this way.

11.jpg

We finished our gathering at around 5 pm before returning home for a quiet family dinner.

ENd of Day 2

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
since the thread is now officially off topic, happy New Year! if you thought last year was overloaded with dragons, wait till you see this one ;)

RK47

Patron
:lol: just trying to keep the thread alive, man. I'll be back to finish this. I promise. Just not when i'm under same roof as my parents.
Apparently this is the year of the WATER dragon. Jade Empire LP anyone? :lol:

RK47

Patron
When everyone's asleep I check my fav hentai hangout...and this is what i got.
13.jpg

7% Emi (334 votes)
21% Hanako (956 votes)
13% Lilly (595 votes)
7% Rin (345 votes)
5% Shizune (244 votes)
0% Shiina (24 votes)
1% Kenji (89 votes)
39% I haven't played Katawa Shoujo (1,786 votes)
2% Misha (110 votes

lightbane

Arcane
Perception: So RK is asian? Hmm, what do you have to say, JC?

11235-jcd_large.png
"It must be the year of the Vulture"

:yeah:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
7% Emi
(334 votes)
21% Hanako (956 votes)
13% Lilly (595 votes)
7% Rin (345 votes)
5% Shizune (244 votes)
0% Shiina (24 votes)
1% Kenji (89 votes)
39% I haven't played Katawa Shoujo (1,786 votes)
2% Misha (110 votes

Hmmm. Really don't get the appeal of bacon crisp girl, other than "omg she's so shy!"

Also, aren't Shiina and Misha the same person (I never remember the names, so I have to check here)? Guess she beats Kenji if you combine both.

Apropos, a question: why is Misha even on this school? Is anything wrong with her?

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
IIRC, she actually wanted to be a sign language interpreter before she arrived- this school is one of the few that teach such a course, for obvious reasons.

RK47

Patron
going off to watch ghost protocol in cinema today.
shd be exciting.

*grabs his camera*

cya later!

RK47

Patron
Day 3 we skip over breakfast, I look over at my brother's pc and got sick of the cable arrangements. I need to get out of the house before I vomit all over the keyboard.

01.jpg

The TV Isn't much better.

02.jpg

That was Rambo...versus the Hulk, Flash Girl...and Ivan from Jagged Alliance. Serious Business.

03.jpg

I can't take this shit anymore. So we head out to catch MI 4 : Ghost Protocol

04.jpg

Today's quieter, holiday's over and it's 11 am. Streets are still empty. Thank god. We're headed to the Central Park Mall. A huge mall with a park in the center. New concept and stuff.

05.jpg

Basement's full of family restaurant and stuff. We're not here for food yet...

06.jpg

The Chinese New Year decorations are still in place - one long dragon - shaped dragons still hang high. I'm quite impressed. 90% of its citizens are still in poverty, but indonesia can still build malls year after year.

07.jpg

Nice view of the garden from top level.

08.jpg

The queue for tickets was short, but slow. Trademark indonesian tardiness.

09.jpg

Movie was average. We head to the bookstore once the credits rolled. It's pretty big. I have no idea what to buy.

10.jpg

Looks like Hamburger Helper wrote some books on Chinese Astrology. Sarang Naga is 'Dragon Nest'

11.jpg

Here's something that reminded me that Indonesia is still a muslim country, and hence anti-jew. They dont even ban flights fly to Israel from the airports.
This book is titled - 'Lies and Extortion in the name of the Jewish Holocaust' by Norman B Finkelstein, Indonesian Edition.

12.jpg

I never got to read a page of it since it's plastic wrapped. Here's another crowd pleaser: Synagogue of Satan. 'The secret history of Jews plans for World's Domination and total Destruction that has been long in preparation' by Andrew C. Hitchcock.

13.jpg

I bought small chinese horoscope book for Rp40,000 (around 4 USD) and decide to stop by the supermarket. My bro buys alcohol while I tide myself with some light snacks.

14.jpg

Finished with shopping we settle for a noodle lunch.

15.jpg

We fill our order slip and pass it to the waitress
16.jpg

Japanese noodle - for my bro.
17.jpg

'Curry' noodle for me.
18.jpg

Tastes like ass, :( we head back at 4-ish PM and experienced the growing and hectic traffic of jakarta. What a bitch. Just look at these motorcycles to the right! Where the fuck is the intersection?

19.jpg

Glad I made it back alright, nightly news told of a local who consumed drugs and alcohol, involved in traffic accident which killed 9. The best part is she twittered that shit while under influence saying 'holy shit..i';m so high now . i felt like i just crashed into some ppl' - when that occured. No saving her ass.

spekkio

Arcane
I've heard that asians would eat everything, but this:

w8FkL.jpg

:eek:

You motherfuckers!

RK47

Patron
Crispy chicken noodle? :lol: Oh, sweet. Sis is back. Time for diner. Cya!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom