Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

Monoclebear

Educated
Yeah, pretty much. He whines about it in every route.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The combination of heart problems with being a whiny little melodramatist doesn't really work all that well. If that letter had been any more harshly worded, he'd probably have died for reelsies.

"Everyone here has had to find their own ways of dealing with their conditions. You aren't alone here when you have problems."

No fucking shit!

I think people worrying about him keeling over is the same to him as someone gawking at Hanoko's scars or assuming Lily is totally helpless and can't even feed herself.

Not really comparable, since him keeling over is a realistic scenario, and being aware of it is not insulting in the least.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Lily hurting herself while cooking is just as realistic, why is being aware of that any more insulting?

Having someone freak out and insist you take it easy any time you wince for any reason at all instead of taking your word for it when you tell them you're fine is plenty insulting. There's a pretty big gap between 'fuck that hurts/feels shitty' and 'fuck I'm gonna die'. Chances are if he's actually in trouble, he's either going to be screaming or unable to breathe.

Telling people you're fine when you're not is still retarded, but that doesn't make them not believing you any less offensive.

Kashmir Slippers

Magister
They cannot tell if he is "fine" or not. All they know is that he has a life-threatening heart problem and saw him wincing in pain. Seeing someone like that would bother me even if I knew that they didn't have a heart condition. Also, none of the people around him could spontaneously drop dead from their handicap, but he can. They have a legitimate excuse to worry about him.

There is a difference between Hisao being upset because they are worried about him in general and him being upset with them being worried about him when he is experiencing an episode. He needs to stop being such a pussy and take advantage of four girls who want to make sure he is feeling good. :smug:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Having someone freak out and insist you take it easy any time you wince for any reason at all instead of taking your word for it when you tell them you're fine is plenty insulting.

BROS HOW CAN U GET BETTER IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HELP(FROM THE NURSE) IN GETTING BETTER?!!?!!?!

RK47

Patron
It's an unusual game? ;)
And I love the bacon spoiler image at the top. Classy.

corvus

Arcane
Being associated with 4chan, and involving disabled teenage girls (to sex or romance) certainly gives it a notorious reputation to most people I would think. I know when I first started following this LP I thought it would be a crass lulzfest till the protagonist bones one of the girls. But now that I've finished Lilly's path I have to say the writing for the overall novel is simply tedious. Rin's was the most interesting and "artistic", but Shizune's was painful to get through, and Hisao is an asocial retard throughout every minute of the game. He's especially creepy during Hanako's, and got me laughing to myself quite a few times and cringing all at once.

RK47

Patron
ED: Looks like we're time skipping past class.

01.jpg

Much of the morning's been taken up by a droning lecture on stoichiometry, a topic entirely unbefitting of the insuffererable heat permeating the classroom.

ED: Oh? Looks like we even skipped past yesterday's noon class.

Knowing that attempting to teach anything more would be an exercise in futility, Mutou gives up and begins clearing the teaching materials from his desk for the day.
As meaningless banter starts filling the classroom, I notice Hanako getting up and coming to my desk. She's been a lot less withdrawn lately, something which gives me a small measure of satisfaction.

han.jpg
Hello, Hisao.

ED: Sup, bacon?

me.jpg
Hey. Want to go pick up Lilly, then? It's close to the time she'd need to get going if she's going to make the flight.

ED: Aww. Looks like it's time for her to go...

han.jpg
Um...about that...
han.jpg
She said she might be held up a bit by her classmates.

I suppose that makes sense. Her class usually gets off a little earlier than ours, so Lilly would normally just come to our classroom. Her class must be sending her off.

me.jpg
Well, never mind. We can wait outside her classroom for once, right?

She gives a small giggle before nodding, the two of us taking our things and leaving the 3-2's classroom.
When we reach our destination, I stop in idle amusement at the scene inside.

One of the shorter girls from the class has Lilly wrapped in an enthusiastic hug, her head no higher than Lilly's chin. Her other friends, oh which there are several, are gathered around her as well. Lilly simply smiles kindly and hugs her back.
I guess she must be pretty popular. Compared to Shizune's harsh but fair dictatorship, Lilly seems more like a mother figure for 3-2, to say nothing of her height and looks.
Kenji's pointedly cool demeanour as he packs his things at his seat in the back corner of the classroom is expected. He's no doubt far from a fan of the fuss being made about Lilly's leaving.

ED: Better avoid contact with him for now.

Looking beside me and seeing Hanako following my gaze, I decide to finally enter the room.

02.jpg

Hanako withers noticeably when exposed to the din being made around Lilly. Try as she might, I doubt she'll ever completely get over her social anxiety.

ED: Perhaps she needs to be reminded of Lilly's class' visual impairment.

han.jpg
Hello...

Lilly manages to work out our position reasonably well, her classmate detaching herself without a second word. A look of slight exasperation is written on Lilly's face, though I can't say I blame her.

lilly.jpg
Hello Hisao, Hanako. Do we have much time before the flight leaves?

I give a quick glance at my watch. Taking the trip to the airport into account, there's a good ten, maybe fifteen minutes left while still allowing for contingencies.

me.jpg
Yeah, we still have a few minutes to kill. I wouldn't worry about missing it yet.

"Ah, is this Hanako?" one of Lilly's classmates asked.

Uh oh. I think we've just inadvertently become entangled in Lilly's social web.
The girl is probably part of the legally-blind faction of the class like Kenji, given her almost windowpane-like spectacles. Her short, roughly-cut hair gives her a look that fits her excitable expression.

han.jpg
H-hello...um....

She takes Hanako's hand and pulls it up and down enthusiastically. I really don't get how girls can be so social to someone they only know as the friend of a friend.
While Hanako exchanges nervous greetings, I look around the room for my short and overdressed next-door neighbor. Try as I might, he seems to have slipped out of the classroom without anyone noticing.

ED: Who gives a shit about him?

For a moment I try to think of possible career paths that could reasonably benefit from his single skill, before putting my mind to more pertinent matters.
Lilly seems pleased, if somewhat guarded, about the enthusiasm Hanako's suddenly excited from those around her. She might not see it, but Hanako's much less panicked about the affair than I'd anticipated.
Shuffling my way through the gaggle of classmates, I eventually manage to reach her.

me.jpg
Don't worry, Hanako's fine.
lilly.jpg
Thank you. I thought she might be overwhelmed by them.

"Don't worry, we'll be gentle!" one of her classmates quipped.

ED: That's ... just wrong.

Both of us grimace in unison. Hanako's nervous grin stays plastered on her face as another couple of girls moves in to meet her.
It's kind of amazing that even a month ago she'd never have been able to cope with a situation such as this. Even when I first met her, the two of us completely alone, she sprinted from the library.

ED: Err...I think that's because you stared at her back then.

me.jpg
So, got everything you need?
lilly.jpg
It's all packed. I just have to go by my room to pick it up on the way, and Hanako and I need to change.
me.jpg
I guess we'd better get going, then. Hanako?

Hanako's head flicks up towards us in a flash, her face rather unmistakably appreciating the chance to extricate herself from the small group gathered around her.

han.jpg
C-coming!

The long taxi ride to the airport is surprisingly pleasant, despite the three of us being rather squashed together to fit the small back seat. On the other hand maybe "despite" isn't the right word.

ED: :smug:

Lilly pays the fare to the driver as we file out, Hanako's eyes flittering left and right. Thankfully there aren't too many people around, most of them being inside the main building rather than milling around outside.

03.jpg

ED: Gah! Tranny kid!

Hideaki's the first to notice us, pointing us out to Akira who gives an overenthusiastic wave.

akira-smile.jpg
Hey! He~y!

I grab Lilly's travel bag for her as we go to meet the two, earning a nod of appreciation.

akira.jpg
I've got all my stuff here, you got yours? Plane ticket as well?
lilly.jpg
Don't worry, I have everything. You?
akira-smile.jpg
Yep. All ready to go.
hide-smug.jpg
Not without some problems along the way, I might add.
04.jpg

ED: Hah. Take that tranny!

akira-question.jpg
Haha yeah, I kinda sorta forgot it was in my trousers' pocket. Trousers than I'd put in the wash.
lilly-sad.jpg
Oh no..
akira-smile.jpg
Don't worry, don't worry. Did you know you can print out tickets if you order online nowadays? It's really cool.

ED: Yeah, no shit.

Hideaki's pained expression says that this wasn't a solution found quickly. It could have been worse, I guess.

lilly.jpg
We'd better start off then. Check-in would be ready by now.
akira-frown.jpg
Yeah, you're right.

There's a certain amount of wistfulness in both their voices. To say nothing of the people left behind, meeting their family again after all these years would be big for them.

05.jpg

ED: Sigh. Forgot that we took bacon along for the ride. Oh well. Cry all you want.

Hanako wraps Lilly in a gentle hug to say goodbye, one which is warmly reciprocated. Lilly and I share a brief hug afterward, each of us saying our goodbyes.

ED: ... Aren't you going to say something?

Beside us, Akira and Hideaki break off from a small hug and a word or two between them. It would probably look quite nice if not for the almost comical height difference between the two.

ED: You should really say something, y'know. It's kinda stupid paying attention to anyone else but Lilly right now...

Lilly takes a hold of her sister's arm once all that needs to be said in farewells is said, the two walking past the huge glass doors.

lilly.jpg
Goodbye Hisao, Hanako!

ED: ...
dawson_crying.gif

akira-smile.jpg
Seeya! Don't do anything stupid, Shortie!

We wave at them until they disappear from sight in the throng of people moving about inside.

06.jpg

ED: ... why didn't you say anything? Did you even get her number?

me.jpg
Well...that's that.

I turn to see Hideaki already beginning to walk off.

ED: Go get raped.

me.jpg
Seeya.

He throws a hand into the air, in a manner I'd expect of Akira. In the end, it's just Hanako and I left standing outside.
I rest my hand on her shoulder. She absent-mindedly gazes towards the front doors of the building, as if she might catch a glimpse of either of the two before they disappear.

ED: I'm not sure how she'll handle this. I mean...yeah, Hisao is still around, but..he's no Lilly. Not sure how long Lilly will be gone for, but things should get pretty interesting.

me.jpg
Don't worry, the time'll pass fast.

ED: You think so?

She hesitates for a moment, but eventually nods.
With the scorching heat of the summer sun beaming down on us, we make our way to the nearby bus stop.
It's strange, really. Just when I'd begun to see Lilly differently, she leaves on what almost feels like a pilgrimage to the past.
In a way, though, that's just what I've been doing since coming to Yamaku.
As much as I may reflect on everything that's happened to me, I really am hardly unique. Everyone has their own circumstances and separate paths to get where they are now.
Yet I still can't really work out how I should proceed. My life may have practically been reset, and I still can't find anything that satisfactorily fills the hold I still feel in myself.
Maybe Lilly's leaving will be a good thing for me. Without her to lean on, I'll need to do more for myself. I'll have to be there for Hanako.

ED: Let's hope so. For the sake of this LP.

It feels strange to have so much changing so quickly after my months in that hospital that seemed to exist so separately from reality, but that's all the more reason for me to keep focused.
I can't let any opportunity slip out of my fingers in my attempt to rebuild my life.

ED: I think your opportunity just flew away.

End of update.

RK47

Patron
07.jpg

ED: .... Guess it's just two more acts to go. *Dries eyes* It's been fun.

08.jpg

The summer sky is almost alluring in its bright cerulean splendor. Only the odd passing cloud breaks up the deep blue expanse.
This feeling of longing is probably the outdoors side of me yearning to escape.

ED: Y'know they should patch an in game clock or something. Because it's breaking immersion when I, as the protagonist, cannot really tell what day or what time is it.

muto.jpg
Nakai, could you answer this?

ED: Ah, we must be in class.

That side of me's lost to the past now, though.

me.jpg
In that case... I think it would use the -ane suffix?

ED: Hmm. You've been studying diligently, good work. Nerd.

muto.jpg
Correct. Moving on, the suffix for...

As my attention towards Mutou slips again, I spot Misha giving me an enthusiastic thumbs-up, and nod at her to settle her down.

Class time passes...
It's been a handful of days since Lilly left for Scotland, days which have passed relatively peacefully.

ED: Gee. Why am I not surprised? Still, she hasn't called? And you haven't spent much time with other girls?

Life largely continued as usual, in contrast to what I'd expected.

ED: Uh...what did you expect?

While thoughts of her have danced around on the edge of my mind since she left, present events manage to subdue them. At least for the time being.
So I find myself idly chatting with Hanako, as usual, when lunchtime finally rolls by.

ED: Been taking care of Lil' Bacon, I see.

han.jpg
Are the later ones in the series good as well?
me.jpg
Not really. You're probably best off just sticking to the original. His later books didn't live up to it, other than maybe 'God Emperor.'

ED: Wonder what book is that? W40K?

han.jpg
Thanks, I wasn't really sure if...

As Hanako steps to the side, I see Shizune stride up in her typically businesslike manner, flanked by her ever-present bright-haired shadow.

ED: Oh, man.

09.jpg

me.jpg
Morning Shizune, Misha.
han.jpg
Um.. hi.

I accentuate the greeting with a nod to Shizune in order to get the point across. She promptly and curtly returns the gesture to both of us.
It's been a long while since I've really talked to either of them. For a while I thought they might be avoiding me, but I eventually came to the conclusion that Shizune really isn't the type to do so.

shi-glass.jpg

ED: Sup, Stereo-chan. I met your 'sister.' :smug:

mi.jpg
Morning~! Shicchan says that Mutou wants to see you sometime.

ED: Huh? What did we do?

Because of this statement, my face contorts as if I'd just eaten spoiled food, giving Misha no end of amusement.

mi-haha.jpg
Wahahaha~! Anyone'd think you were in trouble, Hicchan!
shi-smile.jpg
mi.jpg
You may not be aware of it, but you have the least to worry about out of anyone in the class.

ED: Hmm. That sounds strange.

What an unexpected vote of confidence. Even Hanako nods hesitantly to affirm the point.

me.jpg
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. There was something I wanted to ask you, though.
shi.jpg
mi.jpg
And what might that be, Hicchan?

I have a feeling this won't go over well, but here goes....

ED: Why are you such a bitch at times?

me.jpg
Is there any reason why you and Lilly don't get along?

ED: Uh..that works, too.

me.jpg
It seems like even a little civility would help you both in your duties.
shi-rage.jpg

Shizune's cold stare after Misha happily signs the words stops me in my tracks. In hindsight, I really could have worded that better.
Out of the corner of my eye, I'm sure I see Hanako move back just a little.

ED: Relax. You're scaring the bacon.

Thankfully, Shizune notices this and lets her temper dissipate as she forcefully runs her hand through her hair to let off steam. Perfectly on cue, Misha begins interpreting the second Shizune's arms begin to move.

shi-frown.jpg
mi.jpg
I would say that such matters aren't relevant to you, but since you seem to have befriended Lilly...

Shizune pauses to adjust her glasses, evidently attempting to articulate her point in the best possible manner.

shi.jpg
mi.jpg
While I assume the same of her, I cannot call my own views on the matter unbiased. Suffice to say, we were closer before than we are now.

ED: Way to say a whole lot of nothing. You'd make a great politician, Shizune.

Shizune makes a quick gesture to Misha to stop her from interpreting, then has a quick meeting with her before proceeding. The fact that the two can communicate so easily yet so secretly right in front of us is slightly disconcerting.
Hanako seems to share my curiosity at the proceedings, looking on with thinly-masked interest. As they finish their opaque conversation, Misha looks slightly deflated. I guess her opinion on the matter wasn't followed.

mi.jpg
Shicchan says you should ask Lilly about it, as she doesn't want to be the one that gets you involved.

Ah well. I'll just have to ask her after she gets back. At least I got some information out of Shizune; the two having been on close terms means that they weren't always at each other's throats, or at least not quite to this extend.

ED: You seem to have forgotten that they are distant cousins.

me.jpg
I understand. Thanks anyway.

With a nod and a farewell the two break away and walk out of the door, no doubt headed straight for the student council room.

ED: We should challenge them for a 2 v 2 Risk game sometime. With Lil' Bacon as your partner.

me.jpg
... Could've gone worse, I suppose.

Hanako lets out a long breath, relieved at the confrontation's resolution. I can't say I blame her.

ED: Strange to think that Hanako doesn't know anything about the feud.

han.jpg
I'll see you later then?
me.jpg
Yeah, I'll meet you in the tea room. Seeya.

ED: She's pretty lucky you befriended her. With Lilly gone, things could get very lonely for her. For you? Nah, you got Kenji.

With that, she waves and joins the trickle of students leaving the classroom.

muto.jpg
Nakai, could I speak with you for a moment?

ED: Wow. Forgot about that one.

Delivered in his typical monotone manner. He apparently decided that I need a reminder to see him already.

ED: Sup, Jensen?

Eventually I finish packing up my things. By the time I reach his desk the classroom is close to empty.

me.jpg
Uh...yes, sir?

He looks up, taking measure of my face before giving an awkward, rather obviously acted, chuckle.

muto.jpg
No need to feel guilty, you're not in any trouble. I just want to ask you something I've asked a few of the other students so far.

That's something at least. For a moment, I'd thought my maxim of keeping my head down and pen up had failed me.

me.jpg
So what did you want to talk about?
muto.jpg
To start with, what do you think of your progress in this class, so far? Good? Bad?

ED: Dude, you tell me. We haven't studied shit. Spent our time chasing this Scotland chick..only to have her flying away a few days ago. I think we failed English Papers.

I detest that kind of question. For a fair amount of time I try to think of a response that is neither pathetically humble, nor cocky.

me.jpg
I'd say I'm doing okay. The work doesn't seem too hard, and I'm doing better on the tests than I thought I would.
muto.jpg
That's a good answer. A correct one, too.

I give a mental sigh of relief at his satisfaction. To say that I don't gain a little pride from his comment would be a blatant lie.
In the maelstrom of thoughts clouding my mind after learning that I'd be transferring to Yamaku, my school grades seemed utterly unimportant.
Being entirely clueless as to what skill level would be assume of me, once I actually got here I was hugely relieved when I found out that I understood well enough the schoolwork we'd be doing.

muto.jpg
I know your circumstances might have thrown a wrench in the works, but have you given thought to your future?

ED: ... Meh. Hisao is like...18? Must be a Japanese thing.

me.jpg
My future?
muto.jpg
What you'd like to do as a profession. Do you have any thoughts of where you'd like to be in ten or twenty years' time?

ED: Anywhere but here, I hope.

muto.jpg
I wouldn't be surprised if you covered this ground in your previous school, but I don't have any record of it you have.

ED: This is great, so we're some kind of a smart student in class. Problem is, we might not even live that long to enjoy it. :(

I suppose the last year of high school is the time when students would need to be thinking about such things. To be honest, I really haven't lent it much thought, compared to my immediate situation.

ED: Yeah, how do we get that Scottish lass in bed?

Catching on to my thinking, Mutou speaks up.

muto.jpg
It's okay if you haven't decided on anything specific yet. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of your classmates were still undecided, after all. Maybe pursue one of your talents?

He's rather obviously trying to squeeze an answer out of me, and something about his previous wording makes me suspicious.
He didn't seem to be intent on asking everybody like this, so he must have some kind of selection criteria. At a guess, our marks in his class.

me.jpg
Well, something in science might be the path of least resistance.

His face brightens, no doubt pleased at the thought of a prized student following his subject as a career path.

ED: Swell. Polishing Adam's Apple, huh?

muto.jpg
Good. Having a general idea is the first step. I would advise you to think on it, though.
me.jpg
I will. Things are kinda settling down, which will help.
muto.jpg
Good to hear. Oh, and I've noticed that Ikezawa's attendance and marks have improved since you came to be friends. I'd like to thank you for that.

ED: It took me a few moments to realize Jensen is referring to Lil' Bacon.

me.jpg
I'm surprised you noticed we knew each other.

He gives a chuckle as awkward as his smile.
This guy really has no idea how to properly act around others. Every facial movement seems like an act of careful but misdirected choreography.

ED: He's still better than Kenji.

muto.jpg
You could say that having a general idea of who knows whom is part of a teacher's job.

Catching himself before he goes off on a tangent, he loudly coughs into his hand.

muto.jpg
I'm sure you have things to do, though, so I'll stop there. Please do think about where you're headed from here, as you don't have long to go before you finish high school.
me.jpg
I will. Thanks.

The brief talk ended, I take my leave. He goes back to fussing with the teaching materials on his desk.
This is one of the times I'm envious of Lilly, almost maddeningly so. To have one's future so clear and so assured, yet working towards it from such a young age...
It's an idea so utterly irreconcilable with my own thoughts, mired in the present day just as they've always been.

lightbane

Arcane
This guy really has no idea how to properly act around others. Every facial movement seems like an act of careful but misdirected choreography.

Says the mega-aspie.

RK47

Patron
10.jpg

It had seemed like a normal day; I arrived in class before most, due to waking early and becoming quite adept at chucking down my pills without choking as I get ready for the day.

ED: Did...did we just time skipped again? What the hell?

But as students trickled in, one never materialized. Hanako.

ED: Uh-oh.

11.jpg

ED: ...We just time skipped to lunch. Amazing. This is like what Hamburger Helper talked about. Skip the filler combat, straight to content.

WHAM!

me.jpg
Geh!

A hand pounds my back hard a couple of times, severely winding me.
I couldn't care less about the culprit as I focus my thoughts on my chest in a near-automatic reaction.

ED: Shit.

*BA DUMP*

My hand instinctively tightens on my breast, and I start going through the steps as I rehearse in my mind every other day.

12.jpg

Breathe steadily... in... and out...

*BA DUMP*

With a measure of relief, I can slowly feel my chest becoming less tense. By the time I look back up, my face is covered in sweat from the experience.

ED: Wonder who did it. Surely not Lil' Bacon...maybe it's Energizer Bunny...or..

13.jpg

ED: Aw, hell naw.

me.jpg
GODDAMNIT! Don't do that, you idiot!

He retreats back, an expression of unease written on his face. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have barked at him, considering he had no way to know.
I gave a sigh and right myself with some difficulty.

ED: Kenji nearly killed you. :eek:

me.jpg
Sorry. I just have some... chest problems. Sharp knocks aren't good.

It seems strange to see him so upset. The fact that I can't do anything about it irritates me.

ED: Since when you cared about this nutjob's feelings anyway?

me.jpg
Let's get lunch.

ED: WHYYYYYY?

ken.jpg
Okay. It's good to have some company, for once.

We start off to the serving line. One good thing is that Kenji and I can make small talk nowadays, as opposed to my only interaction with him being anti-feminist lectures.

me.jpg
Seems like it'd be hard to find an empty table.
ken.jpg
There's a few people I wouldn't mind sitting with. Nobody's like you, though.

I feel a shiver run through my spine.

ED: :eek:

me.jpg
Clarify that now.
ken.jpg
They don't listen. Their minds are closed. It's the media, man, the goddamn brainwashing mainstream feminist fascist media.

He takes a breath, and I savor the second of silence.

ken.jpg
Damn, they control everything. Everything but you and me.

I relax a little while we grab our food and drink.

ken.jpg
So what have you got for me?
me.jpg
Huh?
ken.jpg
Come on, you've been hanging around Satou and that other chick for ages now. Rumors are all over my class, and probably some of the others too.
me.jpg
Eavesdropping isn't a good habit.

ED: Uh, having daily lunches with them isn't exactly discreet.

ken.jpg
Let me guess, you never do it? Not even when you're bored? Really?
me.jpg
Well...I...uh...
me.jpg
Fine. Point taken.

Both of us stop to have soup ladled into a couple of small bowls and placed onto our trays. The concoction that lands into the bowl looks pretty questionable, but at least it smells reasonably good.
As we take our seats at a miraculously free table, I try to think of something that would actually interest him at all. I hope I can come up with an acceptable topic.

me.jpg
I found an answer to that question you asked a couple of weeks back. Where Lilly's non-Japanese half comes from, that is.

ED: *Twitch* Why did you have to bring that up in front of him?

ken.jpg
Good man. It's Russia, right? Totally Russia.
me.jpg
Scotland.

He's visibly stopped in his tracks.

ken.jpg
... Scotland?
me.jpg
Yeah, that was my reaction too. She can speak English fluently and everything.
ken3.jpg
... Damn it! Do you realize what this means? How terrifying this news is to me?
14.jpg

ED: Fuck, after the near death experience he gave us, I don't feel like catering to his bullshit one bit. Fuck him.

I dig into my food, hoping he'll take the hint from my silence.

ken3.jpg
I just lost 1000 yen, man! 1000 yen! Damn, this is the worst day ever.

No such luck.

me.jpg
You're kidding me. You made a bet about her nationality?
ken.jpg
One of the dudes in my class was bagging me about it. I gave him some of my wisdom and he had the audacity to say my logic is wrong.
me.jpg
So what did he think?
ken.jpg
Eh, Germany or something. It doesn't matter. What matters is my 1000 yen.
ken3.jpg
Damn, this day is ruined thanks to her. What a bitch.

ED: *Twitch*

He looks utterly devastated as he wolfs down several clumps of his soggy soy-soaked rice. It only takes a few mouthfuls before he pokes his chopsticks at me, stabbing the air repeatedly in revelation.

ken.jpg
Why... mm...mm..would..mm..
me.jpg
Didn't your mother ever tell you not to speak with your mouth full?

He gives a dirty look before choking down the rest of the food left in his mouth and taking a gulp of juice. It's rather unsightly.
Remembering my own food sitting in front of me, I decide to get the task of eating the cafeteria food over and done with as fast as possible. The sooner I do so, the sooner the experience will be over.

ken.jpg
So as I was saying.
ken.jpg
Why would anyone want to live in that place anyway? I mean, what is there to see? Grassy plains. That's it. Lots and lots of grassy plains.
ken.jpg
And men in kilts.

I'm not sure which is worse, the food or his world view. I can feel my face being dragged down by their combined weight. Not that he'd notice, or care.

me.jpg
It's not that bad. Why do you care about her so much anyway? She's just your class representative, after all.

He gives a malevolent chuckle. Were this anyone but Kenji, I'd feel uneasy at how he sounds.

ken.jpg
I finally found the chink in the feminist legion's armor. It took a while, but I'm confident that this is going to be how we can bring down the whole system.
ken.jpg
I'm about to blow your mind. Are you ready?

ED: ...You'd say it out anyway.

I tune out his mumbling for a moment as I finish my rice and start on the unappetizing soup. One taste is enough to confirm that it's cold.

me.jpg
Ready as I'll ever be.
ken.jpg
I confirmed that Lilly is in the Mafia.
me.jpg
What.
ken.jpg
All right, stay with me for a second here, and I'll describe the scene.

I wish I could do otherwise.

ken.jpg
Lilly's there, walking down the street after school.
me.jpg
You're not stalking her, are you?
ken.jpg
No! Damn man, I do have some sense of self-preservation.

But not dignity, or morals, or social standards...

ken.jpg
Anyway, as I was saying. This car pulls up next to her, and guess who steps out? A man in a pinstripe suit. Waves her in, then the two leave just like that. I tell you man, she's under protection. Under. Protection.

A man in a... oh. I can see where this is going now. It takes effort not to sigh in exasperation.

me.jpg
Let me guess; this man was about average height, had a slightly slender build, had blonde hair, looked foreign and smiled a lot?
ken3.jpg
!!!

He looks positively stunned. I take advantage of the moment of quiet to quickly gulp a mouthful of cold soup.

ken.jpg
It seems you're more observant than I thought.
ken.jpg
Yes, I have chosen well.

He giggles a little, and nods to himself so dramatically that it looks comical. I can't tell whether that's intentional or not, and that fact makes me frown.

ken.jpg
This has important ramifications, you know. If she really is connected to people like them, and we're smart about what we do with this information, we could turn this into our greatest weapon against the Student Council.

Once he starts rambling into conspiracy territory, my juice suddenly becomes of much more importance.

15.jpg

ED: Wanna check up on Lil' Bacon? Sure. We've got nothing better to do anyway.

Time passes...and class is over.

muto.jpg
Oh, Nakai?

I stop as I'm about to leave the classroom, turning on the ball of my heel to meet Mutou. He's holding out to me a couple of the worksheets we'd worked on during the day with his long, lanky arm.

muto.jpg
Would you mind giving these to Ikezawa? I'd normally ask one of the girls to do it, but I assume you'll be checking on her.

For a moment I briefly consider the possibility of that being more than an innocent prediction. I quickly discard the idea though, as it's hard to think of him acting in such a Machiavellian way. It's not in his nature.

me.jpg
Sure, no problem.

Walking up the hallway of the girl's dormitory, several ideas of why Hanako's been absent float around my head. The most obvious of them is just a simple cold.
That said, she may not even be sick at all. It's almost been almost a week since Lilly left, and despite her at least appearing to be normal, I've suspected she's somewhat more insecure about it than she's letting on.

ED: Almost a week huh. Gosh, it felt like ... 2 days?

Eventually I come to Hanako's room, its simple brown door separating us. Her room's position next to Lilly's is extremely convenient, and probably a large contributor to their meeting in the first place.
Grimacing slightly at the prospect of her being sick, I rap my knuckles on the door.

...Silence. I listen intently for any sound of shuffling coming from inside, but I can't hear a thing.

ED: Goddamnit, Lil' Bacon!

I knock on the door again, slightly harder.
Still no answer. How strange.

ED: ... could she possibly - .. no. Can't be.

A door opens behind me. A freckled and somewhat scrawny underclass-man I don't recognize comes out and is briefly taken off guard by my presence.

16.jpg

ED: I don't see why we shouldn't ask if the door itself isn't cooperating.

Actually, this may be a rather fortuitous meeting.

me.jpg
Hey. Excuse me, do you know if Hanako's come out of her room today or not? She doesn't seem to be answering.

"Ikezawa is Ikezawa. Her not answering the door is totally normal. That tall foreign girl's the only person she'll ever talk to, after all."

She gives a shrug before walking off down the hallway, having much more important matters to attend to than Hanako or I.

ED: Gosh, what a nice person. Totally unlike you, Hisao.

Her dismissive attitude annoys me.

ED: :lol:

Hanako must have a reputation as a hermit; a reputation that doesn't seem outright undeserved, at least in the time before we'd met.
Scratching my head, I make one last attempt at getting Hanako to answer as I knock on the door one final time.

ED: Here Piggy, Piggy...

me.jpg
Hanako, it's just me. Mutou said to give you some stuff.

ED: We have no interest in raping you, whatsoever.

For a while, the attempts seems just as unsuccessful as the last. Just before I slip the sheets under her door, though, I can hear the handle rattling.

*CLACK*

17.jpg

ED: Ah, there you are, Lil' Bacon. See, it's just Lil' Aspie coming to see you!

She doesn't look sick, or at least not immediately so. To be honest, I'd have preferred that to her expression right now.

me.jpg
Hi, Hanako. Mutou wanted me to give you these since you weren't in class today.

I hold out the loose sheets, which she tentatively takes in her hands. The way she moves is weird, devoid of thought, as if she's some kind of mechanical automaton rather than a living being.

ED: ... like a ghoul?

me.jpg
Are you... okay? If you're feeling sick or anything, I could get the nurse.

It feels almost pitiful to put on such a routin "get well soon" act. I can't think of anything else I could possibly do for her, though.

ED: ...Gee, I guess if you had hooked up with her instead of Lilly, this would be the perfect time to give that ...umm...cure for depression. Yeah. Totally. No foolin'.

She seems to collect herself a little at the notion.. but only a little.

ED: ...Hey, say something, girl.

han.jpg
I'm fine.
me.jpg
Okay.

ED: Bye.

An awkward silence follows, eventually ended by her nodding solemnly in farewell and closing the door. The entire experience feels surreal.
More than a little put off, I wander back to my room and hope that she'll be better by tomorrow, despite not knowing exactly what's wrong with her.

ED: Let's not overreact, Lil' Aspie.

The day ends...

18.jpg

*Knock knock*

ED: Who's there? Doris. Doris who? Doris locked that's why I'm knocking!

*Knock knock*

ED: ... Dammit, Lil' Bacon.

Nothing. Considering this is the second day in a row she's been like this, I'm starting to worry about her.
Summoning my willpower, I decide to try one last way to get her to respond.

ED: Oh, like what?

me.jpg
Hanako, if you don't say anything I'll go get the nurse for you.

ED: ... It won't work.

han.jpg
... Go away.

Wh..what? It's hard to tell whether her tone's one of depression, anger or both. What in the world can I actually do to help her, if she doesn't even want help?

ED: This sounds like someone with a heart condition. I wonder who...

The message is clear enough. I can't just leave her like this, though; just sitting in her room for days on end.
Rubbing my temples in thought, I withdraw to my own room to think about how to proceed. Rationality is what's needed here, as an overreaction may just make matters worse.

Moments later...

I dig around drawer after drawer of my desk, looking for where I put that damned piece of paper.
Before she left, Lilly told me the number to call her on while in Scotland and I wrote it down.

ED: AND YOU DIDN'T CALL FOR ALMOST A WEEK? WHAT THE FUCK?

Now that I need it though, the damned thing is-
Ah. Here.
I probably should have just entered it directly into my cell phone, come to think of it. Without further ado, I enter the numbers and anxiously press the call button.
The fact that the phone rings at all shows that I got the prefix for a call to Scotland right at least. I've never made an international call before, so that's some comfort.
Eventually the phone picks up, a feminine voice I don't recognize on the other end. It's probably Lilly's mother.

19.jpg

ED: Aww, hell... bad signal?

English? Suddenly finding myself unprepared, I realize I can't understand a word she says, either due to my limited vocabulary or her heavy accent. I should have anticipated this, since according to Lilly, her mother is a native Scot.

ED: ...I must be typing american. Yeah, that's it.

I soldier on in the hope that she must know some Japanese, considering it's her daughter's native language.

ED: Moshi moshi - Lilly purisu. :lol:

me.jpg
Um, it's Hisao Nakai...speaking...

An enthusiastic sound of realization can be heard as she recognizes the language. My feeling of relief is immense.

phone.jpg
Ah, you must be one of Lilly's friends from school, correct?

Even so, her accent means I have to concentrate to work out what she's saying.

me.jpg
Yes, that's right. Pleased to speak to you, Mrs. Satou.
phone.jpg
It's so nice of her to find someone so polite! Lilly dear, it's for you!

Her mother seems nice, if a little overenthusiastic given the mundane situation.
There's a small silence as Lilly takes her time getting to the phone. In the distance I can just make out her mother scolding her playfully for just getting up.

phone.jpg
Hello, Lilly speaking.
me.jpg
You sound awful.

She makes a sound somewhere between a dying animal and a yawn.
The one thing I did remember to check before calling was the time zone. It's pretty late in the morning over there, so she really has no excuse.

ED: Oh noes, she grew fat from Deep Fried Mars Bars. :eek: LILLEH NOOOOOOOOOO!

me.jpg
Not feeling well?
phone.jpg
Just tired. What time is it there?

ED: Hell if I know. It's bacon frying time, maybe.

me.jpg
Late afternoon. School finished for the day not long ago.
me.jpg
You're really not a morning person, are you?
phone.jpg
I don't need you making fun of it as well...

It takes me a measure of restraint not to laugh at her pained groan. Poor girl.

ED: Have you forgotten why we called in the first place?

me.jpg
How're you doing over there then, bar the mornings?

ED: ... I see where this is heading. Hos before.. bacons.

phone.jpg
It's been enjoyable. After not meeting them for so long, just having a meal together with my parents is nice.
phone.jpg
Thought the pool and the sheer size of the house might have something to do with that as well.

Even if they're not in Japan, from the way it sounds her family must be pretty wealthy to live so luxuriously.

phone.jpg
Are things all right with you and Hanako?

Damn, I was hoping that wouldn't be brought up quite so quickly.
I take a moment to try and sort out exactly how to describe the situation without causing her undue worry, but she picks up on that without a word being said.

phone.jpg
Hanako's not well, is she?

ED: Can't lie to Kreia. Ever.

me.jpg
How did you know?
phone.jpg
Because today is her birthday. I'd hope she might have gotten at least a little better after coming to know you, but...

ED: ... I didn't know birthdays can cause depression.

phone.jpg
How is she right now?
me.jpg
She missed school yesterday and seemed out of sorts when I checked up on her. Today she missed school again, and just told me to go away.
me.jpg
I've really got no idea what to make of it. Has this happened in the past? Is it related to her scarring in some way?
phone.jpg
Unfortunately so. Roughly the same thing happened last year when her birthday came up.
phone.jpg
As far as I can tell, it's because her parents died in the accident that caused her scarring, and Hanako blames herself for her their deaths.

ED: 'Blamed herself' ?

What she says does seem to make sense. If she's blaming herself on her birthday, she may well be ruing that she was ever born.

ED: How about you dig up some details before coming up to some messed up conclusion? We're dealing with an 18 year old girl here, not some twisted apprentice set ablaze for eternity in some tavern of Sigil.

The fact that Lilly seems so in the dark about it though, almost to the extent that I am, is a surprise.

me.jpg
So that's why she lives in the student dormitories, as well. Has she told you any more about the accident?
phone.jpg
As close as we've come... she's very barely told me anything about what happened. What I know about it is largely conjecture.

She sounds depressed, almost defeated. Considering the trauma Hanako must have gone through, I really can't fault Lilly for not knowing. Nevertheless, she still seems to consider it a personal failing.

me.jpg
Don't blame yourself, Lilly. With everything she's gone through...
phone.jpg
I know. Thank you, Hisao. I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you.
me.jpg
It's fine. I'll just give it some more thought. thanks, and have a good time in Scotland.

ED: While your best friend is reminiscing about her parents' burning death on her birthday. Wheeeee!

phone.jpg
Um, I...
me.jpg
Hmm?
phone.jpg
It's nothing. Thank you for taking care of Hanako.
me.jpg
... Okay. Bye.
phone.jpg
Goodbye.

And with that, the line goes silent.
Amid the seemingly only increased number of questions I can't answer, the most immediate is what Lilly was going to say.
Oh. Oh no.

ED: OH?

I'm an idiot. She must have thought I was calling to talk with her, but I only asked for help with Hanako.

ED: OH FUCK'S SAKE. You didn't even call when she landed? What kind of long distance friend are you?

Even more shameful than that thought is the fact that such an appraisal would be largely correct.
Well...first things first. For now, I need to at least sort out Hanako and make sure that she's actually eating okay.

ED: We're...babysitting her now?

no.png

Monoclebear

Educated
Can't see the video because of stupid german copyright laws, but yeah, i think that the timeskips are a bit anoying but it doesn't really matter in the whole run. The writing is in my opinion still great, and excuse some off the other things.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
But...didn't our Aspie hero already know when her birthday is? I don't remember but assume he was told when celebrating it earlier. It didn't occur to him to celebrate it again, or at least make note of it?

He retreats back, an expression of unease written on his face. In hindsight, I probably shouldn't have barked at him, considering he had no way to know.

And this is why you inform people if you have a life-threatening condition. Fucking moron.

RK47

Patron
I think they already celebrated it earlier, hence why do it again? Presents were already given out. But that said, yeah, Aspie Boy is kinda ignorant of this. And I'm confused why Hanako's daily interaction while Lilly is gone is mostly skipped over. It seemed quite important, despite Lilly being our primary storyline and would give some gradual clues as to why Lil' Bacon is acting in this manner instead of bunkering herself up like Cleve with no hint or anything.

RK47

Patron
ED: So here we go, babysitting Hanako, while Lilly is away...

20.jpg

It's hardly a meal to be proud of, only being an instant microwave meal from the convenience store, but it should at least fill her up.
Eventually I arrive outside of her room, after having to ward off a couple of girls who jokingly tried to pilfer the food I'd taken so long to procure.
I decide to forgo knocking, since it was proven to be an utterly useless measure and it's somewhat difficult to do so with my hands full.

me.jpg
Hanako, it's Hisao.
me.jpg
I know you're listening. I got some food for you.

Silence. As expected.

me.jpg
I'll leave it beside your door. Please eat it at least. Okay?

There. I've said my piece. Now it's up to her.

ED: I think I'm getting curious about Hanako's playthrough. Perhaps Valentine's Day?

Putting the plate down, I walk back to my own room to eat my dinner.
By the time I return to Hanako's dorm, a good hour's passed.
Thankfully, there isn't anything to be seen beside her door. I walk back at least somewhat happier that she's eating.
If she intends to get through this by herself, then being able to help, even if it's just in such a small way, is at least something.

The next day... (I think)

I sit reading in the library after school, turning page after page, barely registering the words written on each out of sheer boredom.
With my cheek resting in my hand, I can't help noticing the slightly rough feeling against my palm. It won't be long before I need to get a razor.
Giving up on reading, I simply let my head drop onto the book in front of me.

21.jpg

me.jpg
Why did this have to happen now...

"Um..."

22.jpg

me.jpg
Ah, sorry. I didn't mean to disturb anyone.

ED: Holding two jobs?

yuuko.jpg
That's ... not it.
me.jpg
Ah.

I glance around the orange-tinted room, quickly realizing how silly my apology must have sounded. In the time I've spent thinking and lazy about in here, everyone's well and truly left.

me.jpg
Library closing?
yuuko.jpg
If you don't want to go, I could keep it open a bit longer. It's no trouble at all?
me.jpg
Don't worry, I should get going anyway. Thanks.

As I get up and begin to move off, I feel Yuuko's eyes drilling into my back.

me.jpg
Is there something wrong?
yuuko.jpg
You look depressed. Are you okay?

Yuuko nervously twists her fingers as she says this, unsure whether she's overstepping her boundaries or not. I really can't tell if she's more worried about my mood or bothering me.
Normally I'd just shrug it off and assure her that I'm fine, but my reflective mood gets the better of me. Despite being a staff, she really doesn't full as much like an authority figure as the others.

me.jpg
It's just... I guess the best term for it would be relationship problems.

ED: ... Well. Someone's being desperate today.

yuuko.jpg
Oh. I'm... not too good with that kind of thing. My only relationship ended a bit abruptly.

ED: Can't imagine the sort of boyfriend you'd dump...or was it the other way around?

yuuko.jpg
But if you want to talk about it, I mean, I could listen. I think.

Now I feel kind of bad for bringing it up. She's not that old, though, so at least she has a good chance of finding another partner.

me.jpg
It isn't like we're in a bad situation right now. We have spent many days together as friends, sometimes going out to do stuff... that kind of thing.
me.jpg
But I'm starting to want to do more for her, learn more about her, and be with her more. I'm not sure whether it's actually love or not, though, and our friendship as it stands is enjoyable.
yuuko.jpg
You shouldn't let that stop you!
yuuko.jpg
Ah... sorry.

ED: My first guess would be just to pick up a phone and call her. I mean, yeah, Hanako's a bit of a problem. But I'm sure you can talk about something else with Lilly...no problem.

yuuko.jpg
How to say this... um...
yuuko.jpg
I think that it's nice that you have a good friendship, but school is going to eventually end. Do you think you'll be fine with not knowing if it could have gone further after you've graduated?

ED: Completing a shoujo game without a shoujo at the end of it is just epic fail.

me.jpg
I guess that's the crux of the problem. I really have no idea what the answer to that question is.
yuuko.jpg
Well, I can't really help there. What your true feelings are is something you have to decide for yourself. But I think that if you do love her, you should definitely say something.
yuuko.jpg
After thinking about it really hard, I decided that even though my relationship didn't work out, it's still better that way than never knowing if it might have or not.

ED: ... Not sure if this is true. But...it kinda suck knowing you weren't meant to be together, you know? Isn't it better to just have that 'maybe she likes me' feeling when you look at her from a distance? Or maybe that's why I'm nearing 30 and still single.

ED: "Better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?" Pshaw.

I never expected Yuuko to sound so wise. It only makes sense that, with more life experience than I, she'd have a better idea about this.
While I suppose not every much was actually answered, talking to her has helped it get off my chest, and I have no doubt that I should confess if I really do like Lilly.

ED: Cool. Go all out, bro. It's not like you got rivals or anything.

I give a slightly frustrated sigh.

me.jpg
If only reading so much actually helped when it comes to situations like this.

She gives a girlish giggle, which only reinforces my view of her as being different from the usual staff here.

23.jpg

ED: Let's do this.

Once again, I find myself calling Lilly. My phone bill is going to be horrific, considering this is international.
But it's worth it. I don't only want to smooth over her feelings from last time I called, I genuinely wanted to talk to her again.

24.jpg

phone.jpg
############################### Satou ######## ?
me.jpg
(In Scottish) Hello, Mrs. Satou. May I... uh... speak...

Damn. I've forgotten how the rest is supposed to go. It's not encouraging to forget such a small amount of words, even if I didn't spend that long trying to memorize them.

me.jpg
May I speak with Lilly, please?
phone.jpg
Hello again, Hisao. Are you teaching yourself English?
me.jpg
Just a little. I don't think I'm too good at languages in general.
phone.jpg
Oh, don't say that. Your pronunciation was good! I'll get Lilly for you, just wait a moment.

I obediently wait as she goes off in search of Lilly, the other end going silent.
Eventually a much more awake-sounding Lilly than last time answers, the time over there being past noon by now.

phone.jpg
Hisao, are you there?
me.jpg
Yeah, I'm here. Hi.
phone.jpg
Good afternoon. Sorry for taking so long, I was outside in the garden.
me.jpg
Gardening?

ED: No. Planting daybloom seeds and making sure the acorns are planted after trees are cut.

phone.jpg
Unfortunately I've found I'm no good at it, so I just smell the flowers. I think my fingers appreciate it more.
phone.jpg
I take it Hanako's recovered a bit?
me.jpg
Yeah. I just made sure she was eating, and eventually she righted herself. Thanks for the help the other day.
phone.jpg
I don't think I was really that much help. The main thing is that she's better, though.

ED: That's the end of line for Lil' Bacon. Let's talk about a better topic.

me.jpg
True. How's life over there, then? It sounds like you've been living in nothing short of a mansion.
phone.jpg
I wouldn't call it a mansion...

"But it is rather large" is obviously what she wants to say, though modesty stops her. I'm a little envious, but it is her holiday.

phone.jpg
It's a nice house to say in, though. There's a beach near here too, which Akira's especially fond of.
me.jpg
She's a swimmer?
phone.jpg
She's constantly dragging me there to have swimming competitions. Which she wins. Every time.

Lilly doesn't strike me as very athletic at all, so not being adept at swimming seems logical enough.

ED: I cannot imagine how hard it is to navigate waters with your eyes closed.

The fastest I've ever seen her move is her understandably relaxed pace during her walks to and from the suburbs down the hill from the school. It makes the image of her swimming hard to imagine.

ED: ... Just focus on the bikinis.

me.jpg
The beaches there must look nice.

ED: But she's blind...
no.png

me.jpg
They'd be less crowded than the ones around here at least.
phone.jpg
Indeed, Akira says the area around here looks beautiful because it's so far outside the city.

I only realize what I've said after I say it, but it doesn't bother me at all. It's still easy to forget that she can't see when she's not around, despite the time we've been friends.

phone.jpg
That said, the local accent sometimes makes communication a bit hard. It's a constant reminder that this isn't home.

While the fact that she doesn't' consider her parents residence to be her home makes good sense, it make me realize that I can't really answer whether the same goes for me.
Graduation from Yamaku is distant enough to be difficult to view objectively, and I've spent so much time in this small room. I've come to accept the dormitory as my new home surprisingly quickly.

me.jpg
I guess that would be hard to deal with. Is your knowledge of English holding up?
phone.jpg
Thankfully. I may be fluent, but being in a position where I have to use it often helps in curbing my Japanese accent, so it's been useful practice.
phone.jpg
I hear you're trying to teach yourself English?
me.jpg
More like memorizing a few lines, and failing at even that much. I'm not really cut out for learning another language.

My admission of defeat draws an amused giggle.

phone.jpg
I believe that there are things one chooses to do in life, and also things that are chosen for one to do in life.

ED: ... Kinda like being the victim of a heart attack at 18, am I right?

phone.jpg
You can take comfort in the fact you're better than me in science and math, at least.
me.jpg
All that's helped in is making me Mutou's star student...
phone.jpg
I wouldn't worry about it. They're useful skills for many jobs, right?
me.jpg
That's what he tells me. His face lit up when I said I'd probably go into a career involving either.

We both share a warm laugh at the events that have befallen each other on opposite ends of the world. It's nice, and reminds me of our simple small-talk that I've been missing since she left.
As each of us waits for the other to begin speaking, I decide to push ahead with my feelings. I can feel my throat tightening slightly.

ED: This is where I usually just say 'It's been...uh..great talking to you.' then it'll end with 'bye.'

me.jpg
We.. um, I ... miss you.

ED: That's ...not exactly a confession.

The silence on the other end of the phone tells me she's given the words their due weight, but as it goes on I can't help feeling more and more apprehensive.

ED: It feels heavy, isn't it? You can't even see her face. Not being able to guess her reaction. Just the voice. And the separation.

Thankfully the silence ends, almost as quickly as it had begun.

phone.jpg
I miss you too, Hisao.

ED: That's...great.

phone.jpg
Goodbye.

ED: WHAT?

me.jpg
Goodbye, Lilly.

Once again, the phone is hung up; simply and without any further ado.
That light, tentative, almost shy voice. Her warm and soft tone... I'd simply be lying to myself if I were to say I don't recognize this feeling for what it is.

ED: ..................................................well...it's been a week. :oops:

With thoughts of Lilly dancing on my mind, I start anticipating her return. Today has been a most excellent day.

RK47

Patron
Gonna bump this to next page with a little big of gags taken from official forums:
01.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom