Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Katawa Shoujo: I love you just the way you are...

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Rin-chan really is an adorable little troll in her own right and it quite pains me to see how her route develops...
I'll refrain from commenting further in case RK47 decides to take Rin's route..

My vote is for "maybe".

Also man, Misha and Shi are friggin' bullies. The sooner you get rid of them, the better.
Having finished nearly 2 of the routes, I can tell that while they become less prominent, they're very much still there.

Cenobyte

Prophet
11.jpg

She might be hyper-active and crazy but she has some tits :D

I also vote for "yes". At least it should keep the nurse away from you.

Answer "yes". This girl is the more interesting one so far and you don't want to look like a spoiled kid in front of her (we already know she can hear you whispering from afar)

Rin is an odd one. Sometimes she's skewring people with jokes and bluntness, but other times she's just so god damned inane. Like, more inane than Misha even.
00001fha

?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
ED: OK, so our objective in this school cum hospital is to graduate with better health. I know making friends are important, but surviving is kinda integral with that too. So. Let's take up the creepy nurse's suggestion. Or maybe just give him lip service. I dunno, he totally freaked me out.

01.jpg

He studies me for a moment and then shrugs, smiling again.

nurse-grin.jpg
Okay. That's more like it.
nurse-grin.jpg
If you go to the school track tomorrow morning, you'll meet my 'spy,' who probably has no qualms offering consultation to you if you want to jog a bit.

ED: I think I know who it is.

me.jpg
Consultation?
nurse-wink.jpg
See you around.

He leaves with a wave of his hand and no answer, and I walk to Rin who has been waiting, idly leaning against the hallway wall and staring at the pale lighting fixtures in the ceiling.

Even when I approach, she doesn't move her eyes off them.

rin.jpg
Are you getting augmentations for your heart thingy?
me.jpg
Were you listening?

ED: Eh, lay off the girl, dude.

It comes out more accusatory than I intended, accidentally lashing out on her.

But even so, I don't really want to start talking about it. I just met her, I don't know her. It's not her business.

ED: What's the harm?

The nurse seems to be happily ignorant about confidentiality too, talking about that kind of thing in public.

But it's not Rin's fault, is it?

ED: Good, you're learning.

I look up at her, suddenly feeling a bit guilty, but Rin is just staring past my shoulder quizzically, her head tilted like a bird's.

ED: She's different. Just be more casual, you don't need to be so edgy around her.

Sigh.

I don't know why this is so hard for me. It feels like there is some inexplicable lock that prevents me from being more upfront about this.

me.jpg
...yeah. They're for my heart.
02.jpg

ED: My augmentations, let me show you them.

03.jpg

me.jpg
...no, not really. They just make me a little less worse.

Rin keeps looking at me for a while longer, and she neither says anything further, nor displays any kind of emotion I could discern.

I'm thankful that she doesn't. I think I'm still not quite used to all this.

At the hospital it was easy, but I still haven't sorted my feelings about having to live a "normal" life with this disability.

We leave the main building, and Rin leads us onwards towards the dorm.

We stop at the small patch of greenery in front of the dorm building.

The dorm is built on a slightly elevated ground, with a wall and a few trees that everyone has to circle around every time they come or go. It's probably the only inconvenient design in the school.

The entire wall, made of the same kind of bricks as the building itself, has been covered with some sort of painting.

Most of it is still mere sketches, quick lines drawn with black and white against the gray plastering that covers almost the entire length of the wall, but some places look a bit more finished.

There are human faces and legs and hands, I can't quite say what the painting as a whole might portray.

Stacks of what seem to be paint cans are arranged in piles on the ground, beside the wall.

04.jpg

rin-smug.jpg
It's because I couldn't get in the mood yesterday so I gave up and went to meditate instead. Then it was suddenly morning.

ED: Yeah, I have the same problem while doing updates too.

rin.jpg
I have to work on it, but the guys from art class are helping with the negative spaces and base surfaces whenever, which is a problem.

ED: Eh?

rin.jpg
It's easier to paint big areas if there are a lot of people, with hands.
rin-smug.jpg
The reach is better, and it's faster too.

She goes on a tangent of a tangent, waving a little with her arm, or whatever of it there actually is, to demonstrate even though I got the point already.

The while cotton of her sleeve flaps around, and it makes me think it could look sadder than it does.

But it makes me feel out of place, like almost every tangible reminder of the student base's...special properties has in the past few days.

This girl doesn't notice my dreary feelings of course, or the fact that she lost me a while ago already...and just keeps on blabbering.

rin-smug.jpg
...so that's why I'm trying to figure out if there is something I need to figure out and then figure that out before it's too late and all hope is lost.

ED: ..this is getting stupid.

me.jpg
Why would the hope be lost?

ED: OK.

rin.jpg
Because paint has to be painted and then it has to dry and then it has to be painted over with another kind of paint.
rin.jpg
It takes time.

She finally stops, apparently thinking she made some kind of a statement that makes sense.

I think it's best to start from the top.

me.jpg
So, this is your project? You did...this?
rin-smug.jpg
Yes. Yes.
me.jpg
All of it?
rin-smug.jpg
Yes.

ED: I hope this conversation goes somewhere.

me.jpg
Nice. But...

ED: But what? Seriously!

I stumble with my words, suddenly feeling like I've walked straight into the mine field of political incorrectness.

rin-smug.jpg
It's ok, you can say it. I probably won't get mad.

I blush really hard. I don't really know what would be the right thing to say, if any. It feels that I'm way more sensitive than Rin is, though.

ED: Come the fuck on.
no.png

This is really awkward.

rin-smug.jpg
Don't you want to ask?
me.jpg
How do you paint without hands?

ED: *picard-double-face-palm* Are you DENSE? Are you just retarded? She has goddamn feet, man!

rin-smile.jpg
See, I'm an easy person to talk to, right? With my feet.
me.jpg
I almost guessed that already, but isn't that hard to do?
rin.jpg
You're good at guessing. Anyway, I don't think it is. But maybe I'm used to it by now.

I can't get my mind around the fact that she could be an artist, but seeing how adept she was using her feet to eat I figure painting might not be a problem either.

Neither of us has anything more to add to the subject.

rin.jpg
The afternoon light works pretty well. I was afraid it would look too flat but it's not like that after all.
rin.jpg
I think it's actually pretty interesting. I wanted to see what it looks like in dim light. Do you think it's flat?
me.jpg
Eeeh well, paintings tend to be flat.

ED: This guy...

rin-smug.jpg
Not like that flat. You know, flat. Like some people are, no substance, no meat where there should be some.
rin.jpg
I know a few girls who-
me.jpg
Okay I get it. But I couldn't really tell, I'm not that good with art. I can't name many artists or artistic terms.
me.jpg
So I don't really have anything to say.

ED: Wow. You're Japanese and can't even name 2 people who illustrated your mangas? Goddamn.

Rin shrugs her shoulders at that, saying "suit yourself" without saying it and looks up at the sky as if trying to look for something up there.

rin.jpg
I didn't think I'd get any actual work done but if you give me a hand with the paints I could do a little before it's too dark.
rin.jpg
I wanted to get a halogen lamp like the ones they have at the sports track but there aren't any.
Rin sure is quick to recruit my help, as was Shizune. It really makes me feel that the festival is such a big project that every pair of hands is needed.

ED: Eh, stick around. You've got nothing better to do anyway.

me.jpg
Why not? I'm not really sure if I can be of any help, though.
rin.jpg
It's just mixing some paints, you can do that. Probably. Do you have motor control problems, like you know, those people who have some?

ED: Better hurry before she burns your ego again.

rin-smug.jpg
Cerebral palsy, maybe?
me.jpg
Not that I know of.
rin-smug.jpg
I get it. Heart thingy has nothing to do with that.

She gives me a sly look for no reason.

me.jpg
No it doesn't.
rin-smile.jpg
Let's do it then.

So she sits on an empty wooden box and very naturally picks up a wide brush between the toes of her bare right foot.

I open a few of the cans and pour some of the contents into shallow bowls for mixing.

The thick paints flow lazily from the can to the bowl, like syrup.

I mix them, creating funny, hypnotic looking swirl patterns that melt quickly into each other to form a new monotone hue.

Rin sets to work, every now and then asking me for a hand with something or the other.

Finding different brushes is easy enough, but mixing the paints to be the exact tone this girl is apparently seeing in her head is a frustrating ordeal.

She wants precision down to the last mililiter before she is satisfied, but her instructions are obscure at best.

06.jpg

I crouch down to pick up the can of bright green.

rin.jpg
The other green. This green.

I carefully pour some of the other green paint into the mixing bowl.

rin.jpg
No, that's almost a whole splash. More white.
rin-smug.jpg
Is green a good color to add?
me.jpg
No idea. You're the artist here.

A hint of smile appears in the corners of her mouth.

rin-smile.jpg
Do you lack an opinion.
me.jpg
No, it's just that I have no idea.
rin-smug.jpg
It's OK, because I just got an idea. Add more white.

With this exclamation, I pour a miniscule amount of white into the bowl and mix it. It looks slightly...whiter.

rin-smug.jpg
That's not good. It has to be like...like the color when you wake up and you know that you saw the meaning of life in your dream but can't remember it.

ED: Buh.

rin-smug.jpg
Maybe it's yellow.

Despite the impossibility of mixing a color like the change of seasons or any other nonsense that's being imposed on me, I find myself enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Seeing a painting being born on the plastered wall feels like magic.

I spend the moments I have between mixing paints crouching down on the paving and just looking at her work.

It feels slightly intrusive at first, like breaking some imaginary intimacy, but Rin doesn't seem to mind the least bit. Maybe it's just in my head.

Her entire presence emits a completely different air as she patiently works the details, adding layers of paint on top of other layers of paint, steadily moving her foot across the all to add new shapes.

When I manage to produce a passable mixture of paint, the rare smile on her face is oddly rewarding.

Apart from the few words when discussing paint mixes, neither of us says a word for the longest time.

And even those short discussions soon evolve into a shorthand, both of us developing and using weird impromptu code words for various paints and hues.

ED: Goatse pink. Cock brown. KKK white.

As if there was some need to conserve words and breath and sound.

07.jpg

Day 4
08.jpg

The sound of an alarm pulls me out of a fitful slumber and into the unpleasant state of wakefulness.

I linger under the blanket for a few minutes, gathering energy to rise up while making excuses as for why I already haven't.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind staying here for all day. School is surprisingly exhausting after a long pause, and the culture shock still has not faded, I think.

Still, despite getting an impression that skipping class is easy here, I don't think they are going to let me get away with that easily.

And the nurse is bound to keep breathing down my neck with the talk of exercising as well.

ED: I don't think we want to have a private session in the pool with him. So let's get up.

So eventually I do rise up, swallow the morning meds and put on my old soccer jersey.

Thanks to my condition, I was exempted from taking part in gym classes at Yamaku, so I didn't get issued with a gym outfit.

I'd order some to cover such a contingency, but wearing my old soccer outfit is kind of nostalgic.

I can't use them for that any more, so maybe they can get a new life this way. A bit like me.

After all, if I'm going to start taking care of my self, I can't afford to slack around. I'll start from the basic.

Basics which include keeping the rest of my body in shape along with what little I can do to strengthen my heart.

ED: That's good...

Maybe then I can go back to something approaching a normal life; or at least something where I'm less likely to fall over dead at any minute.

Later, at the school field...

I'm surprised to discover that I'm not the only present at the track.
Not just that, but it's a face I've seen before.
The prosthetic-legged girl who bowled me over in the hallway yesterday is running on the track lithely, like a half mechanical gazelle.

What was her name again? It was a short one, but I can't remember.

ED: ...Jeez. It's Emi.

She seems to be running laps at a somewhat easy lope, her prosthetics legs clacking rhythmically on the hard track surface.
I wonder what reason she has for running this early in the morning. Maybe it's something akin to mine, and the nurse is oppressing the poor girl to jog just like he is oppressing me.
I certainly wouldn't be here if it weren't for my health, and his prompting me to do so.

ED: Suck it up, already. Come on!

And even with things being like they are, it's only because I wanted to get it out of the way early.
The fact that I would be less likely to encounter someone who would witness my pitiful attempts to get in shape was merely a happy accident.

I'd leave, but it seems that my former assailant noticed me on her last lap.
She waves at me cheerfully and jogs over.

Music: Konjad's Winged Fantasy

09.jpg

She grins, seemingly pleased that she'd remembered my name.

ED: I think my sugar level just increased.

emi-smile.jpg
You may not remember me.
emi.jpg
Emi? I knocked you over in the hall yesterday.
me.jpg
How could I forget such a er, blunt introduction?

Emi has the decency to look vaguely apologetic for a moment before giggling.

emi.jpg
Yeah, sorry about that. Again.
me.jpg
Hmm, well, so long as you don't make a habit of it, I suppose I'll be fine.
emi.jpg
Great!

I'm not sure she realized I was joking.

me.jpg
So the 'spy-consultant' the nurse was talking about...is that actually you?
emi-smile.jpg
That's right!
me.jpg
Oh.
me.jpg
I was expecting someone from the nursing staff, to be honest.
emi.jpg
What, are you saying I don't look like I could be a spy?
me.jpg
No, this is more like a relief. I was afraid he would have someone to watch my every move.
me.jpg
Unless you are here to do exactly that.
emi-joy.jpg
No, I'm here for my own reasons, the nurse just asked me if I had seen a messy-haired transfer student who looks like he's 'kinda lost' around the track.
me.jpg
So why are you down here?

Emi strikes a dramatic pose.

emi.jpg
Training!
me.jpg
For what?
emi-joy.jpg
Track!
me.jpg
Ah, I see. You're on the track team, then?

Emi nods enthusiastically.

emi-wink.jpg
Yep! I'm one of the better runners, too!

ED: Let me reach for my insulin.

And modest about it, too.

emi.jpg
Hey, you should join up!
emi.jpg
It's a good exercise, you know.

I think that much activity is probably out of the question for me.

me.jpg
Nah, I'm not even sure I really like running all that much.
me.jpg
Plus I'm just not into organized sports, you know?

It's true. I never even really got that much into soccer.

I mean I'd run around with my friends and all, but that was really the only reason I ever played.
It wasn't for the glory to be found on the field, that's for sure.

Emi seems to understand my meaning.

emi.jpg
I see, I see. Not that into the whole organization thing.
emi-wink.jpg
But now that you're here, I guess we're going to run together, huh?

ED: ...Ok..*stabs insulin needle* Deep breaths...

me.jpg
What? Er, sure, I guess.

Emi seems pleased.

emi.jpg
Are you going to warm up?

ED: You wanna watch?

me.jpg
Real men don't warm up.

ED: OK. Try not to scream like a girl when you pull a muscle.

emi.jpg
Oh no, you always should warm up! Bad Hisao!

ED: ..spank m- Oh, no no. I meant nothing like that.

She scholds me enthusiastically, but then smiles and leans closer.

ED: ...Mmmrglgmbles..

10.jpg

ED: Any time now...the undercover feds would come out and handcuff us. We'll be back! Now, I'll go for my Saturday morning jog. Since Emi is encouraging me. Cya!

lightbane

Arcane
Hey, it's not rape if she likes it... I mean:

18.jpg

I have a weird sensation of deja-vu, where have I seen this guy before...

Ichimaru-gin.jpg

Oh shit, it's Gin!! Runf for your lives!!!

03.jpg

:lol:

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
me.jpg
Real men don't warm up.

Lol. Wat.

I hope this whole "culture shock" period for Dovakhiin is over too. His whole "I don't understaaaaaaand" act is starting to wear a little thin, story-wise.

Majestic47

Learned
Lol. Wat.

I hope this whole "culture shock" period for Dovakhiin is over too. His whole "I don't understaaaaaaand" act is starting to wear a little thin, story-wise.

It may seem like a week for us, but for him it's just a little over 3 days. For a guy who spent four months in a hospital, this is sorta...acceptable. But yeah, let's hope he gets over the fact that he has a heart problem and he's going to the school for disabled filled with disabled people with disabilities.

I didn't think I'd get any actual work done but if you give me a hand with the paints I could do a little before it's too dark.
Rin sure is quick to recruit my help, as was Shizune. It really makes me feel that the festival is such a big project that every pair of hands is needed.
And even those short discussions soon evolve into a shorthand

Oh, FFS. :lol:

Black

Arcane
Codex Ex: Cripple Revolution.

09.jpg

Uh, is there something wrong with the colours or is she leaking... green?
Augmentation failure?

Uh, is there something wrong with the colours or is she leaking... green?
Augmentation failure?
The artifacts aren't in the game proper, if that's the question.

On the topic of the Emi looking young, it's better than the original iteration used in the demos. (It's the third one in this image.) Some of the CGs in her path, though? They do not help.

RK47

Patron
She laughs suddenly.

01.jpg

As if to confirm her statement she bounces up and down a couple of times, giving a passing impression of standing on a pair of springs. Her legblades seem to be quite elastic.

ED: Her legs are definitely augmented.

emi.jpg
Let's go!

ED: Wh-

02.jpg

Emi moves fluidly, throwing herself into the run with a sort of wild abandon.

ED: Remember your heart..don't push yourself when you can't do it.

I find myself concentrating more on running properly.

Hands spread, right?

And something about hitting on the balls of your feet, rather than the heels...

I try to match my stride to Emi's but it's pretty difficult.

Apparently I'm not very good at it.

ED: Don't even think about doing that, four months in hospital is not gonna help.

Maybe Emi could help me with that sometime.

I'm really not feeling up to more than a couple of laps today, and slow to a walk pretty quickly.

ED: ...Well. Maybe you can try something less ... vigorous in your own room? :smug:

Emi keeps running, and doesn't seem to notice I've stopped until she passes me a second time.

She quickly skids to a halt, breathing steadily in contrast to my own somewhat gasping demeanour.

03.jpg

ED: Yep. Unless you want to give Dovahkiin a mouth to mouth.

I hang my head ruefully.

me.jpg
Heh, yeah.
me.jpg
I'm not in very good shape right now.

Emi nods and then grins at me again. She seems to do a lot of smiling.

emi.jpg
Well, the important thing is you started, right?

ED: Well, yeah. It's a start.

04.jpg

ED: Yes, ..I'll... I'll hold it in...longer..
05.jpg

me.jpg
I'll keep that in mind.
me.jpg
But I think right now I'm going to go get ready for class.
me.jpg
Shouldn't you?

Emi shrugs unconcernedly.

emi.jpg
Nah, I've got plenty of time.

I notice that she's not wearing a watch.

me.jpg
Are you sure?

Another careless shrug.

emi.jpg
Not really...but I've got to finish my routine!
emi-smile.jpg
See you later, Hisao!
me.jpg
Er, yeah. See ya.

I am not sure whether this morning's experiment was a success or a failure, but I'll admit that I do feel slightly good about getting out there this morning.

And like Emi said, I just need to keep at it in order to get better, right?

ED: Yeah. That's true.

Practice makes perfect, or something like that.

It's nice at least to feel like I've taken some semblance of control over my own health.
I'll have to try to keep this up.

I head back to the dorms to wash and change into my uniform, trying to resist the urge to take a really long and hot shower.

ED: ...yeah I know the feeling.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Out of nowhere, a shadow appears within the mist, looming and radiating malicious intent. It bursts through the fog.

ED: ...It can't be. You're going to get laid?

07a.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
On the topic of the Emi looking young, it's better than the original iteration used in the demos

I find it creepy that there are people here who know so much about this game :hmmm:

lightbane

Arcane
ED: Let's hope the natural does not come to pass between you and Kenji, Dovahkiin.

Hey, look at that, perhaps your worst fears are about to happen :lol:

RK47

Patron
Same. I didn't actively look for the game. Another board (f13.net) started a topic about it. And someone said 'HEY,WE SHOULD HAVE SOMEONE PLAY IT AND POST PIX'
Thread only got 10 replies of shock n horror when I opened it. And the rest is history.

I find it creepy that there are people here who know so much about this game
Considering that I actually played the demo back in 2009 (I still frequented 4chan then), it's not so hard to believe. I just idly followed the game's progress since then. Granted, if one can't get over the premise, that might seem a bit odd.

RK47

Patron
This is an awesome update.

01.jpg

ken.jpg
I should be asking you that. I've been looking for you all over the place, man.
me.jpg
What do you mean 'all over the place'?

I want to ask if he's been looking for me like that, stark naked, but hold my tongue back.

ED:
no.png
Can we just get out. Like, now?

I finally realize I'm still naked too and quickly hold up my shirt in front of me, but Kenji doesn't seem to notice a thing.
His glasses are fogged up. But then, why doesn't he wipe them off? Is his vision so bad it's like he's perpetually seeing through fog?

ken.jpg
You know, your room, and...Yeah, that's it. Hey, I mean. I still had to get up, though. Whatever. It's not important.

ED: What?

ken.jpg
Can I borrow some money?

ED: Oh.

He puts on an innocent face and looks away, trying very hard to look very casual. It doesn't work; he's as transparent as his windowpane-sized glass.

Talking neutrally like this, wearing nothing, feels awkward.

Actually, somehow it's even more awkward to be naked in front of someone when they can't see me being naked. To say nothing of the fact that he's naked as well.

ED: This is not turning me on. Just...pay him off. Quickly.

I try to brush the feeling off, with little success.

me.jpg
Money? Sure.
ken.jpg
Awesome.
me.jpg
Wait, why do you need it?

ED: IT DOESN'T MATTER FFS!

ken.jpg
Ehhhh....
ken.jpg
Can't you just give it to me because I had the good will not to run through your pockets while you were in the shower? I could have, but I exercised restraint. And in the end, isn't it the thought that counts? Come on, be a pal.

ED: Listen to the man, just give the goddamn cash!

This makes no sense. If it's the thought that counts, I should withhold payment, since his thoughts were so clearly impure and his intentions-

ED: GOD FUCKING DAMMIT JUST GIVE HIM THE CASH

- are probably even more sinister since he can't tell me what they are. I say as much to him.

ken.jpg
I'm offended man, but if that is your game, then fine. I guess I have no choice. I want to order a pizza, and I already have most of the cost of the pizza. I need your help for the rest.
me.jpg
I get some of the pizza too, right?

ED: Why do you even want any, at this point even?

ken.jpg
No.
me.jpg
Are you serious?
ken.jpg
Yeah. I would give you some, but you have class, you don't have time to eat the pizza.
me.jpg
What about you?!
ken.jpg
I am not going to class, I have to wait for the pizza and pay the guy. And then eat it. It's not easy. You have to obtain the pizza stealthily. If you don't everyone will see you. And the pizza. And they will ask for a slice.
ken.jpg
It's a hard world out there. Everyone wants a piece. Then you're left pizzaless in an unforgiving world. It's happened before, that's how I know.
ken.jpg
Every day, I plan my vengeance, so that when people who wronged me order a pizza, I will be there. Ever vigilant!

Kenji strikes a dramatic pose, completely without irony.

ken.jpg
But yeah, I only need like 400 yen. Please! You're my only hope! I can't go outside and buy my own pizza, it's too far!
ken.jpg
I try not to go out unless it's absolutely necessary. Let me tell you what happened the last time I went out without carefully planning it out in advance.
ken.jpg
I went outside. I can't remember what I was doing. Something. Standing? Maybe wondering how I got there.
ken.jpg
And then, out of nowhere, it happened.
ken.jpg
Like a flash of lightning, splitting the sky, like how you split a sandwich into two equal pieces to make it more manageable to hold and eat, a bird crapped on my head.

ED: We're still naked BTW.

ken.jpg
It was the second most shocking moment of my life.
me.jpg
What was the first?

He ignores me and keeps going. I want to grab him and shake him. Is he just trying to keep momentum? I'll go with that, even if it's more likely he just didn't hear me.

ken.jpg
It was like in the openings to some kind of anime show, you know how there is always a part where the main dude is fighting his rival, and they fly at each other and clash swords and there's like, a big dramatic colored auras and zoom?

ED: No.

ken.jpg
It was like that, but with poo.
me.jpg
Okay.
ken.jpg
So yeah, I need some money. Please? Don't leave me hanging , man. I only need like 1000 yen.
me.jpg
I thought it was 400.
ken.jpg
Okay.
me.jpg
What?
ken.jpg
I'll pay you back, I swear.
me.jpg
You'd better, that's what it means to borrow stuff.
ken.jpg
I don't know when I'll be able to pay you back.

ED: FFS. JUST GET OUT AND GET DRESSED!

me.jpg
You have one week.
ken.jpg
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ED: SHIT SHIT SHIT

Kenji winces and makes a noise like a dying cow, a particularly disturbing fact given that his baton is conducting freely.

ED:
no.png

ken.jpg
You're not supposed to be so tight assed about money between brothers in arms, man. Men have it bad enough as it is. Did you know that male porn starts only make about half of what female porn stars make?

ED: Oh god. I want to play Terraria so badly right now.

me.jpg
That doesn't mean anything unless you're a porn star.
ken.jpg
So maybe I am a porn star, on the side, struggling to make ends meet as I fight the feminist agenda, and you can't even spot me your crumbs, you bastard. Nobody understands. Nobody.

Wouldn't feminists be against pornography in the first place?

ED:
no.png
Oh, Tzeentch, why do you test me so?

me.jpg
This feminist agenda stuff again?
ken.jpg
This stuff is important. I can see that you don't give a shit, but this is serious, here. Feminists...are a dangerous enemy, make no mistake. You take them lightly, and you'll wake up in the morning with a knife in your back, bam! Out of nowhere!
me.jpg
How do you wake up in the morning if someone stabbed you in your sleep?
ken.jpg
Women are terrible at stabbing things.
me.jpg
I thought you just said don't take them lightly.
ken.jpg
Well, I mean don't take them lightly for the big things. Individually they're not a threat, but if there was some kind of war, like a big war, with men on one side, and the feminist forces on the other side, it would be pretty ugly.
ken.jpg
And that day will come, when the feminists come out of their central top secret worldwide headquarters, and say 'It's on now, motherfuckers!'
me.jpg
You're being ridiculous, there's no big worldwide feminist HQ, where would they even hide that? I mean, it'd have to be massive, you couldn't hide that on Earth, someone would notice a big fortress with women only in it.
ken.jpg
Who said it was on Earth?

ED: God help us all.

I turn away from Kenji and start practicing frowning faces in a mirror so that I can figure out what kind of frown will best express my emotions. He can't see me from this distance anyway.

Which unfortunately, means that he just keeps on ranting without any regard to sense or sensibility.

ken.jpg
Yeah, there is a war going on. A war not many know about, but it's a great one that will one day boil over and encompass all of the known world. Then, we will have to pick sides. We will have to make a stand. In fact, it's happening right now.
ken.jpg
Imagine it, the bloody battlefield. A vicious conflict without end.
ken.jpg
I almost gave up, when I thought this cause was silly...when I grew tired of the bleakness of our fight... When I mistook the time the power went out for a feminist raid and thought the end was near...
ken.jpg
But then I realized that if I gave up, it would be all over, and I was like, 'whoa' and knew I had to get serious. Because I am the last sane man in an insane world. It is about duty.
me.jpg
Must be a pretty crappy movement if it all hinges on one naked guy, ranting in a bathroom at another naked guy.
ken.jpg
So can I have the money?

He's blocking the way out, it's getting cold because I'm still naked, and I want to go to class, so I agree to spot him the money.

ED:
no.png
We're victims of school bullying.

ken.jpg
Awesome. Thanks, dude. We should go bowling later on.
me.jpg
Bowling?
ken.jpg
Yeah, it's the ultimate sport. There are almost no women bowlers either, making it also the manliest sport.

ED: Let me out.

ken.jpg
Should I wear my pink bowling shirt with matching shoes or the pastel green with flower accents?
me.jpg
There are bowling clothes?
ken.jpg
Maybe.
me.jpg
Anway, you had better pay me back.
ken.jpg
I cna pay you back in stuff, right?

I don't have time to ask him to elaborate on what that means.

me.jpg
I don't know. I have to get to class, you're kind of in the way.
ken.jpg
Oh. Sorry. Yeah, I don't want to hold you up, and I have some stuff to do myself. The time has come.
me.jpg
The time for what?
ken.jpg
I just like saying that.

ED: Why. Are. We. Still. Here?

ken.jpg
Okay, now the time has REALLY come.
me.jpg
For what?
ken.jpg
I have to use the bathroom. Get out out it.
me.jpg
I was just going to! And what does that mean? It's a big bathroom!
ken.jpg
So? I hae to be alone or I can't go. The pressure...
me.jpg
Okay. What if someone else comes in?
ken.jpg
ken.jpg
I'll think of something.

I gave him my practiced frown and it looks kind of silly reflected in his glasses. He either doesn't notice or doesn't see, anyway, so I get dressed and run back to my room, feeling as though an eternity has passed since I woke up.

That is time I will never get back. I'll get him for this somehow.

02.jpg

ED: ........I need a break. A long...break.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
You're not supposed to be so tight assed
Shhh, shhh, just relax, RK-kun. Kenji-senpai will make everything okay.

Kenji and Hisao are both in the 3rd year.
ergo: kenji does not quality for the senpai honorific.

And that scene was horrible.
You could've and should've just skipped it.

RK47

Patron
You're not supposed to be so tight assed
Shhh, shhh, just relax, RK-kun. Kenji-senpai will make everything okay.

Kenji and Hisao are both in the 3rd year.
ergo: kenji does not quality for the senpai honorific.

And that scene was horrible.
You could've and should've just skipped it.
I know. I should've. But I felt..I should've just left it as it is. Goddamn. What were the writers thinking? But I'll make it up to you. If you bump it to next page. We're getting too image heavy.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Don't you dare skip any of the awkward pieces of writing. The Kodex feeds upon them :rpgcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom