Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kickstarter Watch.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer

CappenVarra

phase-based phantasmist
Patron
I know I mentioned this before and nobody was interested, but I must say:

8610952_orig.jpg

Since the project is already 1000% funded, ~50$ (£35) gets you a ridiculous amount of PDF P&P goodness.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/achtung-cthulhu-the-ww2-keepers-and-investigators

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
From a team of ex-S.T.A.L.K.E.R. developers comes Humans Must Answer - a classic 2D space shooter set in the distant future...with lots of explosions.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1166550020/humans-must-answer-an-explosive-2d-shmup

This is great. I hope they succeed. :salute:

Just finished 4-level demo on hard. It brings so much fun and :rage: moments, when you are crushed by a meteor or laser. Also - boss fights will give your eyes something to focus on :lol:, that's what I like.

Studio Fawn

Studio Fawn
Developer

This is suchhh a scam ~_~ The mother is OBVIOUSLY writing / doing everything ... but trying to pass it off from the voice of the 9 year old? And the tag line is "get women into tech"?? REALLLYY? she is 9....

I could rant about this for a while ~_~

Stabwound

Arcane
Internet sleuths in the comments figured this out already but lol: http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009...t_powerful_women_entrepreneurs.fortune/8.html

Susan Wilson
SusanWilson.jpg

Founder and CEO, The Judgment Group
More than 80% of court-ordered judgments are never paid, says Wilson. Her 10-year-old company finds out where debtors bank, work and own property--and gets 20% of its targets to pay up.
She recognizes the value of focusing on the details. "I used to get bored and wanted to do the next great thing. And I still do," Wilson says. "But, the mundane, same-day, in-and-out stuff--if you can find that sexy, that's how you build a business."
Next up: a website that enables debtors to make payments and negotiate settlements online. "An individual will pay more when they're negotiating with a computer than they do negotiating with an individual," Wilson claims. --J.S.
Susan Wilson, Founder and CEO

Named to this year's FORTUNE List of the Top Ten Most Powerful Female Entrepreneurs, Susan Wilson is Founder & CEO of The Judgment Group. A member of Ernst & Young's prestigious Winning Women Program, Susan is now completing her third year of a three year executive education program at Harvard Business School.
Prior to starting The Judgment Group, Susan was a founding member and the Executive Vice President of a technology startup that raised $12 Million in venture capital, became kinkos.com, and was sold in 2000 to the copy giant Kinko’s for $100 Million.A Certified Public Accountant, Susan is a graduate of Georgetown University. Recently named among the Baltimore regions SmartCEO's, Susan was also declared among Maryland's People to Watch. In 2007, she was honored as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Collection Professionals for her company’s innovative use of technology in getting judgments paid and justice served.
Susan is an member of several business organizations and actively mentors and advises other female entrepreneurs as well as young girls.

Visit FundHer and Money & Company to learn more about Susan's other social entrepreneurship endeavors.
Enjoy giving your money to someone who's already a millionaire. :smug: This wasn't even that good of an attempt. Imagine if someone pretended to have a terminal disease and that it was their dream goal of creating a game. That should pull some heart strings and wallets.

Kz3r0

Arcane

Enjoy giving your money to someone who's already a millionaire. :smug: This wasn't even that good of an attempt. Imagine if someone pretended to have a terminal disease and that it was their dream goal of creating a game. That should pull some heart strings and wallets.
I'm Edward Grampp, I'm 29 years old, and I have Brain Cancer. It has been my life dream to make a video game, and I need your help!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/758041862/dream-benders-help-me-make-my-game

FeelTheRads

Arcane
fb_profile_picture.medium.jpg
Some of you guys and your attitudes absolutely suck. Give Kenzie a break and lets see what game comes out of this.
Personally I am looking for to the the game Kenzie comes back with

Let's see that game comes out of this...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

By the look of that dude I'm sure he'd like to play a little game with "Kenzie" himself.

Multi-headed Cow

Jesus Christ.

Edit: God, the more I think about this the angrier I get. Holy fuck.

Grimlorn

Arcane
I can't believe how much of a ripoff this all is. And people are just giving their money away. They apparently have too much of it.

I don't like this Veronica Mars movie project. It's going to do 4-5 million and that's all going in Warner Bros. pocket. They get free marketing and advertising through word of mouth and record breaking news. They save 4-5 million on the movie budget. They'll just add maybe 10-20 million to the budget and make that back easy in box office sales. It would be funny if Warner Bros. backed out of doing the movie. It's not like they have a contract and 60k people backing the project isn't really a lot of people/interest. WB would get so much bad press for it I think, so they are going to have to do it.

I really hope we don't see movie studios doing this, but I think projects that studios aren't sure of putting into production will start seeing kickstarters and people will have to pay millions before the movie is released to studios to save the studios money so they'll greenlight the project. It's disgusting.

I have no words for that 9 year old kickstarter. People would rather send 20k to a 9 year old to "develop a game" rather than donate to charity or put someone through college. All that money is going in the mother's pocket to spend on shopping sprees. It won't go into making any game. The 9 year old probably won't want to make the game after the month is over, or after spending an hour trying to do it. People are just so stupid and despicable.

Just read the comments for that kickstarter, and it's a bunch of women buying into her BS about girls needing to be supported and how her brothers are making fun of their sister and mom. There's always going to be that social dynamic and kids are always going to think their parents are stupid. Instead she's playing it up as some kind of battle of the sexes feminist fight where if girls aren't protected and encouraged through this kickstarter, girls will be worse off for it. I don't know if she actually believes it, or it's a scam. It sounds like a scam though, considering she could afford the class herself.

Multi-headed Cow

No fucking shit. If this "GAME DEVELOPMENT CAMP FOR 9 YEAR OLDS" exists and actually costs $900 you'd think a seemingly multimillionaire mother could cough up the money if it's something her daughter is genuinely interested in. Even if she wasn't a multimillionaire, a copy of RPG Maker on Steam costs $70 and would be absolutely fine depending on how serious the kid is about this. If she's interested then that would be enough to get her rolling. If she's not, then she dicks with it for a week and drops it because she's 9 years old. It's like buying your kid a flute to gauge actual interest in learning to play music before buying an electric guitar and amp and crap, unless you're rich in which case the cost isn't as much of an issue.

Ugh, fuck. The overwhelming success of it is what really chaps my ass. It's not like they reached $900 and then stopped, it's $21,000. Fuck! Cool looking actual games on Kickstarter like Net Gain have only $25,000, and that's being made by multiple people and you'll get a real game at the end and everything! And there are even stretch goals so going over the funding limit has an appreciable use instead of just "This 9 year old's brothers gave her shit which is uncalled for because normally siblings get along swimmingly, let's boldly make a statement by throwing our money into the void!".

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH COW UPSET. COW TOO UPSET. THINGS GETTING CRITICAL. :butthurt:

Grimlorn

Arcane
Funny thing is women are patting themselves on the back for donating to this and getting an attitude with people critical of the project. Doesn't matter that you could take the $20k and actually give it to a scholarship for a woman that's actually intelligent and put in the hard work but can't afford the college she got into. Or that you could take that money and feed a thousand children in Africa for a month with it. No lets throw it at a 9 year old daughter of a millionaire so she can learn to create games. GIRL POWER. YEEAAAAAAAAH.

Maybe kickstarter should have a limit for some projects. I wouldn't have a problem with the class being paid for if people want to throw $800 at this girl. I do however have a problem with them throwing an extra $20k that is likely going in the mother's pocket and not going into the project in question.

fb_profile_picture.medium.jpg
Some of you guys and your attitudes absolutely suck. Give Kenzie a break and lets see what game comes out of this.
Personally I am looking for to the the game Kenzie comes back with

Let's see that game comes out of this...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

By the look of that dude I'm sure he'd like to play a little game with "Kenzie" himself.
If you click on this guy's profile, he's actually a game designer. So I'm guessing he's trying to get his hands on some of that $20k by defending her. Or perhaps offering to tutor her.

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
So this rich womyn that nails people who can't pay their debts for a living asks jewgold of the Internet people to make a game for her daughter, yet feminists and man-feminists alike are giving them their jewgold willingly, thinking they're supporting a higher cause? :x For the briefest of periods I actually thought this was just some mom trying to make her kid's dream come true. :?

Stabwound

Arcane
It's great to see people trolling in the comments.

You can't really expect people to be internet detectives and google stalk every person that puts a KS project up, and everything is obviously written by the mom, but it's not unreasonable to assume the parent might type for the kid. As long as people are throwing money at the screen for kickstarter projects without a second thought this will be possible.

It reminds me of that old school bus monitor granny that got bullied on the bus by kids, and someone set up a campaign for her and people donated $700,000: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/lets-give-karen-the-bus-monitor-h-klein-a-vacation--6 :roll:

Great "SUPPORT WOMEN IN TECH" with the boy wearing a shirt that says "I THINK I'M A LESBIAN" on the front page of that little kid's kickstarter, too.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom