Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

Feyd Rautha

Arcane
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I kept putting off buying this game because it refused to go on a big enough discount (probably because it's too successful), but I just randomly remembered it's always a good idea to check potato shoppes for best deals, and indeed! I just got it for 40% of the basic price
You cheap fuck!

First you posted this when the game was announced giving the impression this is something to support on kickstarter (which I did).
whoa

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

DONATING NAO
Then the game was released and I always wondered what you thought about it since you were so hyped when it was announced. And now it turns out you don't want to give indie developers money for their products! If we don't support developers like this then who will? And were should the good games come from if you're not inclined to pay full price for them?

Unbelievable.

Pay full price if the developer is worthy, don't use discounts.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
I kept putting off buying this game because it refused to go on a big enough discount (probably because it's too successful), but I just randomly remembered it's always a good idea to check potato shoppes for best deals, and indeed! I just got it for 40% of the basic price
You cheap fuck!

First you posted this when the game was announced giving the impression this is something to support on kickstarter (which I did).
whoa

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA

DONATING NAO
Then the game was released and I always wondered what you thought about it since you were so hyped when it was announced. And now it turns out you don't want to give indie developers money for their products! If we don't support developers like this then who will? And were should the good games come from if you're not inclined to pay full price for them?

Unbelievable.

Pay full price if the developer is worthy, don't use discounts.

I donated to the KS but then requested a refund when the game was released because it refused to run on W7 which I was still using at the time. I'm pretty sure I posted about that in this very thread. In fact I'm pretty sure that whatever I paid now was exactly as much as I donated to the KS lul.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Has it been explicitly stated yet when the DLC content will occur within the campaign? Is it going to be mid, late, or post game?

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I also thought it sounded standalone. Would rather have an oldschool expansion but I'll take this.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Only finished the first tutorial mission but man, the aesthetixxx and shit immediately make me feel at home. It blows my mind that they just dropped King Arthur altogether after KA2 to focus on whatever shit nobody cares about.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Only finished the first tutorial mission but man, the aesthetixxx and shit immediately make me feel at home. It blows my mind that they just dropped King Arthur altogether after KA2 to focus on whatever shit nobody cares about.

The story gets increasingly boring and edgy as the writing steadily drops in quality, but the visual design and especially the ~*aTmOsPhErE*~ just keeps lifting the feel of the game far above the mediocrity it would otherwise slump in aesthetically.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It is one of the better rpgs of the past few years. Sadly the kodex is filled with retarded consumers that just slurp any AAA garbage they throw at them.

Aarwolf

Learned
Nah, Neocore is a company I'm willing to give money to myself. Gotta support brotherly magyar economy.
If you bought it that cheap, then it's probably some Russoid credit card thief that got your money, and not the devs.
No, it's a legit potato game shop (muve), not a reseller haven.

Sorry bro, Muve is owned by 1C Entertainment which was russian (but based in Poland), and now is chinese.

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Sorry bro, Muve is owned by 1C Entertainment which was russian (but based in Poland), and now is chinese.
Still a legitimate retailer.

Meanwhile, after the first mission I was a little worried about the trash tier performance I was getting (I fear my graphics card is completely obsolete nowadays), though changing maps from the prison to undead sir wossname improved it massively, and the marauder knight hunt also worked fine, so I guess it was the torches in the prison that were killing me.

Also, the attack animations and effects are lovably chunky. You swipe your greatsword at a nigga and it makes you go WHAM!

Darth Roxor

Rattus Iratus
Staff Member
Btw, what difficulty should this be played on, preferably? I had some recollections of people getting butchered, so I decided to conservatively pick Moderate (aka 3rd of 5), and I'm mostly breezing through the stuff so far, though I realise perfectly well that these are still borderline tutorial missions. Regardless, it feels like a moment where I could safely restart if needed without much loss of progress.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Btw, what difficulty should this be played on, preferably? I had some recollections of people getting butchered, so I decided to conservatively pick Moderate (aka 3rd of 5), and I'm mostly breezing through the stuff so far, though I realise perfectly well that these are still borderline tutorial missions. Regardless, it feels like a moment where I could safely restart if needed without much loss of progress.
I also need to know this, decided to check performance on steam deck and after an hour or two it was a breeze on moderate.

I don't like the camera, rest of the game is pure incline.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I recommend starting on the 2nd-hardest difficulty level and upping it to the hardest difficulty after a few missions have permitted you to become accustomed to the game, but IIRC a few missions are so much more difficult than the norm that you might have no alternative but to temporarily lower the difficulty setting.

Harthwain

Magister
Technically Hard is normal and that's the difficulty I played on. It is fine for the most part, although some side missions for knights between level 9 and 11 have huge difficulty spikes (quests that I know of: White Knight, Sir Damas, Sir Lucan). You REALLY need to be on top of the game in order to beat them.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

The game seems to be clearly made and balanced with the hardest difficulty in mind.

That being said, be prepared to get your shit pushed in by waves of high-HP enemies.

Harthwain

Magister
The game seems to be clearly made and balanced with the hardest difficulty in mind.
According to one of the developers "Roguelite's default difficulty is Hard", so Hard is essentially normal and that's the difficulty the game was balanced around. But some people found one difficulty to not be enough (for some it was too hard, for others - too easy), so we got more difficulties instead, allowing people to tailor the difficulty level to their needs.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

The hardest, definitely. It will be nailbitingly tough at first, but unfortunately the game loses all semblance of challenge in the late game - and it’ll happen sooner if you don’t play on the hardest diff.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The first few missions on the hardest difficulty are ridiculously brutal and a gauntlet of resource attrition, so don't miss that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom