Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale + Legion IX standalone expansion - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I don't know why I've avoided Troubleshooter for so long (that's a lie, it's causing I'm expecting Korean visual-novel type writing) but you guys convinced me to give it a go.
Hope you enjoy Koren-style grinding, on the other hand.

I really want to enjoy it, but it actually does have Korean visual-novel type writing.

View attachment 41389
Yep, been there.

Anime is for people who are so autistic they can filter out the artstyle and writing and enjoy only the mechanical gears inside (or who are so retarded they actually enjoy the exterior too).

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
I don't know why I've avoided Troubleshooter for so long (that's a lie, it's causing I'm expecting Korean visual-novel type writing) but you guys convinced me to give it a go.
Hope you enjoy Koren-style grinding, on the other hand.

I really want to enjoy it, but it actually does have Korean visual-novel type writing.

View attachment 41389

That's the gatekeeper: the dumbass translation/story. And the somewhat light anime stuff where you can stop a bullet with a sword. But pull through it, beneath is a fucking fantastic game.

If it helps: spoonism is supposed to refer to social inequality (one guy is born with a bigger spoon in hand) in korean slang.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
King Arthur: Knight's Tale - Future Updates FAQ
King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a dark fantasy role-playing / tactical game that has been released in 2022 for the PC after an early access period and a successful Kickstarter campaign. Today, the base game you see on Steam is complete and fully playable for anybody. Even more than that: it already has received neat updates, including the one that addressed the install size and the one with the free Fomorian missions.

But this doesn't mean we're done just yet! That's why we're answering some questions concerning the post-release developments of the game today.

Will King Arthur: Knight's Tale come to consoles?

• Yes, the game is coming to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series S|X, both versions are in development at the same time! We're currently trying to lock down a release date, but as soon as we have the exact information, you'll be the first to know!

What kind of updates can we expect for King Arthur: Knight's Tale in the future?

The three most important types of updates are Patches, Seasons and Skirmish packs. It's important to know what these are.

• Patches - Fixes and balancing adjustments. Free, of course. One of the most important patches coming in December is Patch 2.0 which will completely overhaul the game, including quality of life improvements and better balance based on community feedback.
  • Seasons - Think of these as mini expansions - they are completely free. King Arthur: Knight's Tale is not a live service game as the base game is considered a complete product and is playable offline, but we believe that we can keep the game fresh by surprising players with new content based on a certain theme.
  • Skirmish packs - These are smaller DLCs, they can be either free or paid. They offer some additional challenges in special map packs. Absolutely not necessary for enjoying the full main campaign, but they can provide a few extra hours of fun for those who just can't get enough.

Am I missing out on anything with Seasons? Can I access older ones?

• You will be able to play every Season, selectable from a menu. The current one is called The Chained God and focuses on the Fomorians. This content will not disappear when the next Season - Rising Eclipse - arrives in December with a Sídhe theme. As we introduce new Seasons, they will all be selectable and you can activate them at will. You don't have to download anything, these are free updates that come in the form of a patch. You will never miss out on anything as long as you keep your game updated.

When is the best time to play these Seasons?

• Seasons are primarily intended as endgame content for players who have completed the story and who are now looking for additional challenges, so you will need a save file with a completed campaign to enjoy them.

Beside these smaller free content updates, will King Arthur: Knight's Tale have a larger paid expansion?

• Yes. We are currently working on a really meaty expansion with a full campaign featuring the Ninth Legion of Rome. We don't have a release date just yet.

What else is there to know?

• Past, future and present are enshrouded in the ever-growing mists of Avalon. We're but a small beacon of light - still, come to us with questions and feedback at all times. We are listening and trying to work with your suggestions to improve the game. Join the discussions on our website, on the Steam forums, or in our official Discord server. Besides these, you can also tell us about any technical difficulties at support@neocoregames.com.
  • And if you're still hungry for more things King Arthur: Knight's Tale before the new Season arrives, we humbly suggest our Supporter Pack DLC which includes a short story collection, a digital art book and a digital map. You should also follow our devblog updates and social media so you can stay up to date with anything that happens with the game.

We hope this little FAQ provided some answers for the questions you might have had, but if not, don't hesitate to ask! We may not have a definitive answer yet, but we'll be transparent about anything what we can disclose.

Again, we'd like to thank our Kickstarter backers and all the newcomers who enjoyed and conquered King Arthur: Knight's Tale.

CoronerZg

Augur
So I was just thinking how cool would it be for Neocore to work on some Warhammer game like Rouge Traders next, cause I think they nailed that kind of vibe and combat in King Arthur.
Then I saw they already did a Warhammer game! Two Warhammer games, actually! ...but they are both some shitty Diablo clone :negative::negative::negative:

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
Really enjoyed most of their games, even Martyr to some extend (kinda got bored of it mid-campaign tbh).
Looking forward to this

CoronerZg

Augur
Some major changes incoming...

Classes Rebalanced
Detailing the new balance features of Patch 2.0

Knights of Avalon!

One of the most important features of the upcoming Patch 2.0 for King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a careful rebalancing of all classes.
We listened to all player feedback and we replayed the game over and over to see where certain classes needed some extra tweaking.
Thus, we came up with a comprehensive list of changes. Just to get a taste, here are some examples of how these will affect certain classes:
So. Marksmen. Some of you might have noticed how this excellent ranged class became less than optimal as the game progressed to later Acts. In this new patch, we made some drastic changes to help them stay competent in mid- and late-game, without throwing off early game balance. They also received various tools that reward tactical gameplay and help positioning. Some examples of the changes include bigger damage for Aimed Shot, First Shot and Poison Bomb.
We were pretty happy with Sages... however, players seemed to become a little bit too fond of inspiring other units. Because of this, the AP cost of Inspire will be increased, so players might experiment with other skills as well. Some masteries and abilities have been enhanced and moved around as you will find out.
The same is true for Champions, they only needed some minor adjustments. Whirlwind rarely saw any use, so we reduced its AP cost to make it more viable as an alternative to Cleave. However, we decided to restrict Killing Spree, the free Strike will now only occur once per turn.
Arcanists needed less attention, but a few skills and abilities will receive changes, such as Force Bolt, Fire Blast, Terror Wings and Wall of Flame. Fire spells will cause burning by default, so make sure to get friendly with the elements!
What about Vanguards? Their traps now ignore all Armour, this change also affects Traps placed by Heroes of other classes, like Sir Damas. Traps were far inferior in their damage potential compared to regular attacks, even though their use requires much more forethought and careful planning. This change helps make up for that gap, while it also helps differentiate traps from other skills, giving them a unique advantage. Other changes will affect Assassination, and Vanguards will no longer jump back to their original position when performing a Jumping Attack.
Lastly, Defenders will see some increased damage from Bonebreaker, Flaming Strike (Searing Blaze), and they will receive less damage from Overwatch and Opportunity Attacks. You will see other changes as well, but some will not apply to all heroes!

Looks pretty good tbh

Shaki

Arbiter

Classes Rebalanced

Knights of Avalon!

One of the most important features of the upcoming Patch 2.0 for King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a careful rebalancing of all classes.
We listened to all player feedback and we replayed the game over and over to see where certain classes needed some extra tweaking.
Thus, we came up with a comprehensive list of changes. Just to get a taste, here are some examples of how these will affect certain classes:
So. Marksmen. Some of you might have noticed how this excellent ranged class became less than optimal as the game progressed to later Acts. In this new patch, we made some drastic changes to help them stay competent in mid- and late-game, without throwing off early game balance. They also received various tools that reward tactical gameplay and help positioning. Some examples of the changes include bigger damage for Aimed Shot, First Shot and Poison Bomb.
We were pretty happy with Sages... however, players seemed to become a little bit too fond of inspiring other units. Because of this, the AP cost of Inspire will be increased, so players might experiment with other skills as well. Some masteries and abilities have been enhanced and moved around as you will find out.
The same is true for Champions, they only needed some minor adjustments. Whirlwind rarely saw any use, so we reduced its AP cost to make it more viable as an alternative to Cleave. However, we decided to restrict Killing Spree, the free Strike will now only occur once per turn.
Arcanists needed less attention, but a few skills and abilities will receive changes, such as Force Bolt, Fire Blast, Terror Wings and Wall of Flame. Fire spells will cause burning by default, so make sure to get friendly with the elements!
What about Vanguards? Their traps now ignore all Armour, this change also affects Traps placed by Heroes of other classes, like Sir Damas. Traps were far inferior in their damage potential compared to regular attacks, even though their use requires much more forethought and careful planning. This change helps make up for that gap, while it also helps differentiate traps from other skills, giving them a unique advantage. Other changes will affect Assassination, and Vanguards will no longer jump back to their original position when performing a Jumping Attack.
Lastly, Defenders will see some increased damage from Bonebreaker, Flaming Strike (Searing Blaze), and they will receive less damage from Overwatch and Opportunity Attacks. You will see other changes as well, but some will not apply to all heroes!

Looks pretty good tbh
First thing they should balance is champion class being either absolutely godlike, or completely useless, depending purely on whether you buy the teleport ring in the first act of the game, or not. First time I've ever seen a whole class of heroes, being so completely dependent on having a one specific item, they basically don't exist without it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Classes Rebalanced

Knights of Avalon!

Looks pretty good tbh
First thing they should balance is champion class being either absolutely godlike, or completely useless, depending purely on whether you buy the teleport ring in the first act of the game, or not. First time I've ever seen a whole class of heroes, being so completely dependent on having a one specific item, they basically don't exist without it.

That’s… wildly inaccurate, to say the least. Champions are utterly broken without the teleport ring as well, look up video demonstrations to see for yourself. Nerfing kill streaks is absolutely merited.

Harthwain

Magister
First thing they should balance is champion class being either absolutely godlike, or completely useless, depending purely on whether you buy the teleport ring in the first act of the game, or not.
Never used the ring and I was fine.

Nerfing kill streaks is absolutely merited.
It will certainly going to nerf them. To the point I am not sure I will bother to take the skill. Interestingly enough, it won't change much about my overall Champion build, because it was never based around kill streaks and more around pumping up damage by cleaving everything. So I could take the Whirlwind instead.

Shaki

Arbiter
That’s… wildly inaccurate, to say the least. Champions are utterly broken without the teleport ring as well, look up video demonstrations to see for yourself. Nerfing kill streaks is absolutely merited.

I'm pretty sure people playing champions without teleport ring, just read they're OP and use them despite the class being shit. It's not like the game is hard, you can win the game using anything, but I've personally did 2 playthroughs, and without teleport ring vanguard outclassed champions so hard it's not even funny. I tried to make them work without the item many times, but I remember I found absolutely no way to make them perform even close to vanguard, without abusing teleport.

Harthwain

Magister
I tried to make them work without the item many times, but I remember I found absolutely no way to make them perform even close to vanguard, without abusing teleport.
Combine Cleave and Rage. It takes some time/kills for damage to ramp up, but this will remain viable even after the nerfs.

I'm pretty sure people playing champions without teleport ring, just read they're OP and use them despite the class being shit. It's not like the game is hard, you can win the game using anything
Did you win the White Knight's recruitment mission on hard without a Vanguard? Because I did. Some missions can be really difficult above Normal.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I'm pretty sure people playing champions without teleport ring, just read they're OP and use them despite the class being shit.

No, they don’t. Champions can one-shot whole encounters with AoE skills, Cleave, Rage and kill streaks. And if they have Leap? Forgetaboutit. They essentially do the exactly same as Vanguards except their AP generation is much stronger.

Shaki

Arbiter
Maybe I'll try them again after DLC comes out, but so far without teleport ring, my finding was that vanguard would destroy whole encounter before I ever managed to get champion in a position to start doing anything. They lack good mobility skills and have massive AP costs, once you have the setup and start the chain going, they're cool, but getting there without teleport was just so much work I personally didn't find it worth it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Maybe I'll try them again after DLC comes out, but so far without teleport ring, my finding was that vanguard would destroy whole encounter before I ever managed to get champion in a position to start doing anything. They lack good mobility skills and have massive AP costs, once you have the setup and start the chain going, they're cool, but getting there without teleport was just so much work I personally didn't find it worth it.
That was also my experience, didn't get the teleport ring and vanguards were just much easier to make work than champions.

Also cooler characters.

sebas

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Meh, Marksmen didn't need higher damage but efficient AP. By only increasing their damage they will still have to be static which doesn't really suit any of the other classes.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

A unique hybrid between turn-based tactical games and traditional, character-centric RPGs. Knight's Tale is a modern retelling of a classic Arthurian mythology story filtered through the dark fantasy tropes, a twist on the traditional tales of chivalry.

King Arthur: Knight's Tale is coming to Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 on February 22, 2024

Reever

Scholar
Patron
I don't want to be that guy but are there really that many people that buy these kind of games on consoles? Seems like quite a lot of effort for something that might not net that many sales.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I don't want to be that guy but are there really that many people that buy these kind of games on consoles? Seems like quite a lot of effort for something that might not net that many sales.
I thought so too at the beginning, but seeing how a looooot of RPGs are getting console releases I'm willing to bet it's a safe investment. I wouldn't want to play them on consoles because the controls will infuriate me, but to each their own.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom