Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Xeon

Augur
Just try and not get near enemies when running, there is a retarded auto turning to enemies that makes running extremely hard when they get close, so just run when you get close to a horse and whistle to help Teresa.

Whistling and mounting is the same key as well which got me killed the first time, normally all games either have E or F to mount.

overly excitable young man

Have you guys ever played Gothic or Ultima Underworld?
Now that are atrocious controls.
But here everything is fine.

Yeah. It was really annoying, but you could keep the fireballs prepared which made magic op.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Have you guys ever played Gothic or Ultima Underworld?
Now that are atrocious controls.
But here everything is fine.
All five (G1,2 and 3, and UO1+2), when they were new.
Same here, and I'm truly baffled as to why you find KCD controls bad. The controls are explained clearly and are very easy to do work with. Basic first-person game stuff with minimal learning curve, except for combat, of course.

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ah, well, I don't know, perhaps things like that when soldiers (try to) hit you, you stop moving the way you were going and can only shuffle a bit around while hitting the unlock mouse button, which often mostly results in getting locked to a different soldier. You can also try to fight back and get hit by the soldiers behind you, which you cannot see or target. You press the button, the game decides to do something else and make that action impossible.Things like that.

Or the horse having all the following forward controls:

W
LShift+W
LShift+LShift+W
LShift

Press and release? Press and hold? Combinations of both? In what sequence? Do you need a gamepad to play this game?

This also requires you to use the mouse with your right hand.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, one thing I kinda dislike is the galloping have to press Shift twice and then stay pressed while steering the horse, almost all games does that, Witcher 3 did it, and Assassin Creed IIRC did it as well. Was kinda of a hassle, I added one of the other mouse buttons to LShift and it got a lot easier to control.

I don't get. Are you trolling?
It's like that in every first person game. (also in G3 that you have played)
The only difference is the galloping on the horse with tapping shift another time which shouldn't be too hard.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
I don't get. Are you trolling?
It's like that in every first person game. (also in G3 that you have played)
The only difference is the galloping on the horse with tapping shift another time which shouldn't be too hard.
If there's no toggle and you have to hold it down for longer than a few seconds, I use a mod or don't use that feature. The same goes for button mashing. And I prefer to use my mouse left. RSI.

SymbolicFrank

Magister
That you can or should play most newer PC games with a controller, doesn't mean that it is the best or only way. It's exactly like playing an FPS on a PC with auto-aim instead of mouse control. "But that makes it fair for the console users!" Multiplayer balance in my single-player RPG? And it requires teenager reflexes?

Bad game design, or just laziness? They don't want us 45+ gamers to play those games, I think.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Gamepad for me was more pleasant to use than keyboard and mouse. But then I have my PC connected to TV anyway.

The "Run" mission is really straightforward though. You run in down towards the mill (already facing that direction), you either hit cuman or whistle to distract them, then you run to a horse, mount it, start galopping (yes you have to actually know how to do this). Then you just run according to Henry's instructions and manage your horse's stamina (so slow down a bit when running out for a second to regenerate).

I played on hardcore difficulty and it took me 5 times to do this, but that was because on hardcore the horse stamina bar is not visible and I did not fully know how much I have yet and how to tell (now I do not need the bar at all anymore).

That you can or should play most newer PC games with a controller, doesn't mean that it is the best or only way. It's exactly like playing an FPS on a PC with auto-aim instead of mouse control. "But that makes it fair for the console users!" Multiplayer balance in my single-player RPG? And it requires teenager reflexes?

Bad game design, or just laziness? They don't want us 45+ gamers to play those games, I think.
:lol: You're talking like you're already 80+.

"Pressing two keys at once? Am i Bruce Lee?"

Did you have any problems before? That thing sounds new to me.
Never heard of it before.
How monotonous was your use that it got that bad?

It must really be shit.
Why don't you just play TB games then?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Gamepad for me was more pleasant to use than keyboard and mouse.

The combat with controller is great since combos are impossible with mouse but everything else sucks, especially inventory management. I started playing with a pad, then switched to K&M since combos are useless anyway (unless you mod out master strikes).

Last edited:

Wyatt_Derp

Arcane
Keyboard/mouse - better for your brain, not necessarily for your body. 25 years of stoop labor + PC gaming has left me a shell of a man. But console gamepad kids fare no better. Their sofa + soda + Doritos lifestyle isn't anything to write home about.

All things in moderation, especially moderation.

TheImplodingVoice

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Keyboard/mouse - better for your brain, not necessarily for your body. 25 years of stoop labor + PC gaming has left me a shell of a man. But console gamepad kids fare no better. Their sofa + soda + Doritos lifestyle isn't anything to write home about.

All things in moderation, especially moderation.
You mean GAMER FUEL!!!! BLESSED BY DORITOS POPE

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Smejki
I have very great fun with the game right now, but when in the development cycle came the idea up with the activities?
It have the feeling that you planned with more real quests and then as the time ran out you just made the bare minimum with those activities.

On the other hand i don't want to know how much work was the whole Sasau monastery.
It is so beautiful. One of the nicest places in any game.
But was that much detail needed?
True. You don't wan to know.

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
Let alone that you have to save the woman? Every time I get close to those three soldiers, I cannot escape. I get locked and chopped.
a) you don't have to save her
b) your only goal is to distract the armed soldiers. You're a fucking near-naked blacksmith boy with zero skills. Wannabe heroes can smash them Cumans and then have to flee anyway. For other people there's a tutorial which says that whistling at a horse produces noise that can distract opponents.

The quest tells you to Run!
The quest is named "Run!"
Arrow to the leg? I'm playing a different game, it seems....
LUYTIqM.png

NextScaredDuckling-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Or the horse having all the following forward controls:

W
LShift+W
LShift+LShift+W
LShift

Press and release? Press and hold? Combinations of both? In what sequence? Do you need a gamepad to play this game?

This also requires you to use the mouse with your right hand
What in the hells am I reading here? :lol:

Xeon

Augur
For the Monks in the monastery cellar.

Is it better to help them get the wine or report them? I am wondering if helping them allow me more freedom to explore, reporting them will make me a target and they will try and keep tabs on me everywhere.

Edit:
NVM, just checked the wiki and it seems I can help them first then report them for both benefits.

Edit2:
Man, wtf. I can't report it after helping them? I thought I read I could.

Edit:
About Pious.
Radzig told me to bring Pious to Rattay, talking to Pious. He offers me 3 options, Help him run and go separate ways, kill him or kill someone else.

Can I take him to Rattay after I help him or do I need to knock him and kidnap him to Rattay?

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Is THIS really that hard?

That's not how it works in my game. As soon as I get within 5 meter of the soldiers that are harassing the woman, they all turn to me and lock me, and I cannot get away anymore. They keep me locked. Very definitely. Also, controlling the horse is really bad. You have to keep pressing LShift and W, and to steer you have to keep A or D down as well, repeatedly, for just the right length of time. It takes a bit before something happens, and the next moment you're in the gutter. You have to keep the button down for exactly the right amount of time, release it immediately when the horse starts turning, and repeat that until the horse turned the right amount. Because if you get off the road, you get chopped up or shot to death. Oh, and the game crashed twice with a memory allocation error (I do have 16GB of RAM).

But, after 9 more tries, I made it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom