Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Eyestabber

Oh noes!

How could have this clearly SJW game got so average reviews from the press?? Surely something must be wrong! To the KKKave!

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And they also need to add the option to disable those item pickup animations because fuck that nonsense.

It shouldn't even be an option, they should completely carve it out of the game with a rusty knife. Jesus christ who thought that'd be a good idea.

It looks terrible, slows down an already clunky game AND limits your pickup range so that oftentimes you have to wriggle and dance around a table to pick up cheese or some shit. :roll:

Codex Year of the Donut
And they also need to add the option to disable those item pickup animations because fuck that nonsense.

It shouldn't even be an option, they should completely carve it out of the game with a rusty knife. Jesus christ who thought that'd be a good idea.

It looks terrible, slows down an already clunky game AND limits your pickup range so that oftentimes you have to wriggle and dance around a table to pick up cheese or some shit. :roll:
the herb picking animation is worse
everytime I find an herb field or a forest herb farm(? whatever it's called) I pick two or three then move on because it's tedious.

Shadenuat

Arcane
shit, the save system ruins the whole game. what if i can play only in short sessions? tough luck, i just can't, because autosaves are few and far.
this is retarded.

It's pretty easy to gallop to the nearest town and save in lodgings or a free bed (game saves everytime you sleep, even for an hour).

But yeah, the systems is as much dumpster fire shitty as it is brilliant. Maybe a bit more on the shitty side.
Thing about save spots is they are mostly around civilized areas. There could be some wilderness saving spots - I would turn holy places into them, you pay good tithe and get a save. Hey, imagine walking monks - you pay them to absolve from sins and get save too. Monocled gents with high Reading skill could get a perk to reduce the tithe.

Although I am already gathering my first batch of herbs for savescum potions after my first alchemy success to asian the system. Problem is autopotion perk requires high alchemy so you're stuck in mmo asian mode for a while. But you can just put them into your schedule i.e. gather herbs while shooting rabits for quest in the area I needed to talk to NPC for another quest anyway.

It would have been harder if potion components - like wine - were not infinite, but since you basically need 1 herb to take needed 2 ounces for potion, it is not hard to go into tiberium harvester alchemist mode. Still, it's repetition, and not all people are gonna get immersed into it.

I totally am because name another RPG where you have to learn reading latin to decipher a potion to save your game. Not Darklands.

My next goal is to buy spirits recipe and begin brewing my own vodka. Then, it's slav life of beating tatars with pernach and drinking, repairing armor, beating them again until my skills will be decent.

Repairing armor takes a shit ton of money even with repair kits :argh:

Last edited:

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I have yet to download my backer copy.

This is it, boyos! The turning point!

A developer gave the middle finger to SJWs and made MASSIVE BUCKS in the process. Maybe we can start dreaming about big budget titles without niggers and trannies again! Other devs can't possibly ignore KCD now.

How about you guys just finally fuck off with this "ZOMFG BRAINWASHED INTERSEKTIONAL SJW TWATS!!1!!1" bullshit. You sound just as retarded as "the other" tribe.

Jesus... I bet Eyestabber is experiencing the good old Elon Musk.

Smejki Your game looks pretty interesting but I have no money. I'll make sure to buy it in the future though.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
You do realise you're talking to yourself, right? Quoting and tagging me 3 posts in a row = buttblasted af :lol: :positive:

I could have done it all in one post if I had remembered it all from the beginning, but this way it has more emotional impact. :cool:

Who's the butthurt now, dreamboy?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Btw, I had no performance issues so far, except for a little freeze during the fist fight. The whole "game loads before an NPC talks" didn't happen to me. But then again, I have a Samsung 950 PRO loading everything. :positive:

Doktor Best

Arcane
Smejki

Answer my previous question. Also, are you planning to implement an optional quicksave in the future? What's the worst that can happen?

Btw Smejki, have someone explain to Vavra that if you're really ready to back down and implement "Save&Quit", you might as well go full on "quicksave-quickload". Those two are functionally 100% the same, only the first one is more clunky and will piss people off. Needlessly.

You should've done a Normal and Veteran mode from the get go btw. I really love the idea of Schnapps. It'll be sad when it gets obliterated with the Save-Quit implementation.

How would it be 100% similar? Just make it so you have to reload your save&quit file when you restart the game so you cant just spam it to savescum.

Mark Richard

Arcane
I really love the idea of Schnapps. It'll be sad when it gets obliterated with the Save-Quit implementation.
Yeah. I really think implementing limited saving in this manner requires commitment because removing it upsets the game's balance. It works in conjunction with other elements, in this case serving to remind you of the fragility of your character to the point where fleeing or avoiding a fight often looks more attractive. From what I've read so far the entire prologue serves to break players of the saviour complex games have drilled into us for years. Would I take the ability to save anytime if offered? Absolutely. Just like I'd do so in Resident Evil or Operation Flashpoint. Most players will choose convenience every time, but It wouldn't be the experience the developers intended, and the lessons the game bestows wouldn't be so hard-hittingly memorable. Convenience, accessibility, these are positive traits in a watch. The words don't necessarily retain their positive connotations when it comes to entertainment.

Shadenuat

Arcane
From what I've read so far the entire prologue serves to break players of the saviour complex games have drilled into us for years
TBH mechanically it is the other way around. Prologue is super candy safe and linear. The fact that you can die there is more of a handholding "go back to that corridor on a map" COD style. And because it's SO LOOOOONG it might give wrong impression about the game. Game really begins when you get your own horse (Pebbles).

Bombarding player with freedom and consequences to his choices in the way AoD mercenary die to asassin start does break players better.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Smejki, inventory needs filters or sorters for different kinds of items, like crafting/herbs, helmets/boots/etc and so on. Looking through stuff in inventory is annoying if you have more stuff than the minimal.

uhh.. click the tabs to the right of "all" under the inventory screen?

I meant inside those tabs, like armor, would be nice to sort, for example, armor-tab that they items are sorted based on the type, like helmets on top, then the outer layer etc.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
seStYU9.png

:lol:

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

How I experience immersion, incline, great AI and great gameplay in 2018, it's like we are regressing back to the 90's:0-13:

JBro

Arbiter
Where do I get a horse? I missed the one I was supposed to get for a quest and just waltzed out of town on foot.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I'm of mixed feeling regarding the save system.

On one hand, I love my quick saves for risk taking. If WH implements quick saving, I won't be able to control myself and I will choke out everyone in an entire village if I can - just to see what happens.

On the other hand, I appreciate how much thought and guts it takes to plan something and execute on it, knowing that screwing up could cost you hours since your last save. I choked out two people in the Talmberg when you are under house arrest - and both times I was terrified of getting caught.

I think I would be happy with just a free save when quitting the game. Losing a savior schnapps when quitting the game feels bad.

I still think this is the best game I've played in ages.

Rev

Arcane
I was hunting with ser Hans Capon and it crashed making me lose half an hour of work, I had already killed at least five rabbits and I was finally levelling up bow and other skills. Now I have to start over again. :negative:

I've encountered basically zero bugs up until now, but it's already the third time it crashes. Pls fix it, Smejki.

Aside from that, the game is great, so far I'm loving it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Where do I get a horse? I missed the one I was supposed to get for a quest and just waltzed out of town on foot.

If it's the tutorial (before intro credits) you didn't miss anything.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom