Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Kingdom Come: Deliverance II announced, coming this year

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Jew posting updates about Kingdom Come 2 is enough diversity already

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Biggest win for cultural marxism is idea that Humans prior to 19th century weren't tribal along genetic lines.
Tribes before civilization would massacre each other while being of the exact same ethnicity, it had nothing to do with "genetics", which weren't even understood back then. Who was whose child was on the mother's say so and the father's vague memory of having been with her some 9 months ago. "Genetics".

Also, this has nothing to do with "cultural" "Marxism", which has nothing to do with Marxism. It's the science of history. Materialism in history, introduced by Marxism, introduced modern economic theories as the driving factor of history.

Every King called himself King of that and that land and of those and those people.
Like the Varangian guy named Rurik calling himself the king of Rus, or Philip II of Spain who ruled Belgium and thousands other examples.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I would have expected the second game to be called Kingdom Come II: Somethingelse, or simply Kingdom Come: Somethingelse.
That causes unnecessary confusion. No One Lives Forever was a subtitle for The Operative but instead of The Operative 2: Different Bond-like Subtitle there was far more brand recognition in just calling it No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in HARM's Way

:Flash:

Arcane
I would have expected the second game to be called Kingdom Come II: Somethingelse, or simply Kingdom Come: Somethingelse.
That causes unnecessary confusion. No One Lives Forever was a subtitle for The Operative but instead of The Operative 2: Different Bond-like Subtitle there was far more brand recognition in just calling it No One Lives Forever 2: A Spy in HARM's Way
Yeah, but everyone knew "The Operative: No One Lives Forever" simply as "No One Lives Forever" so it makes sense in that case (even if it did tickle my autism even back then).
"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" always includes "Kingdom Come" when it is referred to, whether with or without "Deliverance", so it wouldn't be a problem.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There's probably an alternate title that they considered that we'll learn about someday.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
"Kingdom Come: Deliverance" always includes "Kingdom Come" when it is referred to, whether with or without "Deliverance", so it wouldn't be a problem.
Sure, you recognize it. But how many normies would recognize Kingdom Come (with or without a 2): Different Subtitle as a sequel to Kingdom Come Deliverance? It's easier to just not have to deal with that possibility.

:Flash:

Arcane
Sure, you recognize it. But how many normies would recognize Kingdom Come (with or without a 2): Different Subtitle as a sequel to Kingdom Come Deliverance? It's easier to just not have to deal with that possibility.
So you think that people didn't understand that "Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny" was the sequel to "Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos"?
Perhaps, they also didn't understand that "Ultima IX: Ascension" was the sequel to "Ultima VIII: Pagan"?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So you think that people didn't understand that "Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny" was the sequel to "Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos"?
Perhaps, they also didn't understand that "Ultima IX: Ascension" was the sequel to "Ultima VIII: Pagan"?
Those games were released at a time when all potential buyers were core gamers. The potential audience has significantly expanded and now includes a lot of people who are incredibly thick, don't pay too much attention.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Most of the science fiction or fantasy is just real world human connections and history dressed in superficial environment. Even if you read hard sci-fi done by astrophysicist, bar the 10% of technobabble content, the rest of the story will be just whatever happened in history rehashed in new setting. People jerk off to GoT while it's just english history with fantasy padding.

Cool. Now I'll be on the lookout for significant discounts on the first title. They usually do that to drum up interest. I should have time after I finish Dragon's Dogma (1).

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Cool. Now I'll be on the lookout for significant discounts on the first title. They usually do that to drum up interest. I should have time after I finish Dragon's Dogma (1).
Gog had like 83 percent discounts. Perhaps they have it for cheap. They have Styx master of shadows for <2 USD, and Bards tale IV for 7.67 USD. Tyrany deluxe for 11 USD.
Well, I think I saw discount for first game yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's still for low price -80 percent.

Melcar

Arcane
I think GoG at one point was giving away the base game for almost free. For these type of games it's better to get it on Steam. Galaxy sucks donkey balls and off line installers for this is like 16 4GB files you have to download, besides the whatever DLC you have.

Irminsul

Novice
Amateurs should have called it Kingdom Come: Deliverance (2024) like Doom and God of War. Or kept the name and rename the original to something else like Lords of the Fallen. Or followed PUBG's genius naming strategy and call it Kingdom Come: Deliverance: Deliverance. Or simply skip the 2 and name it 3 like Microsoft. Or call it Kingdom Come: Deliverance One. Like Microsoft.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Sometimes developers want connotation that the franchise has an established continuity to make people check earlier installment and even compare how much improvement there was. KCD is selling for a modest price so it's not a very profitable strategy.

The Jester

Cipher
There was a 14 minute teaser/trailer and they didn't show even 1 (one) nigger, you guys need to stop doom posting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom