Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Look, WOKE has to be SIGNALED. IT HAS TO BE IN YOUR FACE. It has to be shown. Trailer is eXtremely promising when it comes to narrative. I truly don't expect it to be WOKE. It will be as WOKE as first Conan movie from 80s, probably even less so

Wokeness isn't just the presence of niggers etc.

Lot's of 80s movies had black people in them but it felt natural and organic. Carl Weathers and Bill Duke in Predator fit perfectly in the movie and are very cool characters. It's when you start doing shit like niggers in medieval Europe or amputee wombyns in WWI that shit starts to feel forced as fuck.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
WOKE is literally anti-human chaos cult. This game was revealed inside cathedral singing hymns to God. I have a feeling this will be pretty based game

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hey at least the story of the first game wasn't the modern day garbage being constantly churned out.

It was actually good. There was some good writing there. KCD is one of the best representations of this time period in video games, possibly all media.

Let them cook.

Ryzer

Arcane
When I played the game (First KCD) I interacted with a character that threw shit at houses, with dialogues made out in pubs, and quests as interesting as finding a dog or a random bum lost in bumfuck nowhere.
Such gud game.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
When I played the game (First KCD) I interacted with a character that threw shit at houses, with dialogues made out in pubs, and quests as interesting as finding a dog or a random bum lost in bumfuck nowhere.
Such gud game.
GIVE ME MOAR!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WOKE is literally anti-human chaos cult. This game was revealed inside cathedral singing hymns to God. I have a feeling this will be pretty based game

Original did have a slight secular bias though. Can't expect people today to have an understanding how truly pervasive religion was in those days. Kingdom Come lacked a massive amount of religious events that would have been super common back in the day. It still wasn't outright AGAINST religion though, which i guess by modern standards is better than nothing.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I interacted with a character that threw shit at houses

Just reading this makes me appreciate how subtle this game actually is.

I don't want to spoil it, but the way those characters are presented to you at first, and then what happens with them later on it's just one of the best aspect of this game.

Wait until you meet Capon the first time.

finding a dog

The dog is the best animal companion ever put in a game.

Gargaune

Magister
Oh, man, I really need to go back and finish the first one. Well, I'll probably start over, left my first playthrough ages ago.

ZACKIE

Educated
Trailer is good. Henry looks like he had matured which is also cool. This is one time when the trailer not only doesn't make me disgusted but also makes me look forward for the game. Can't say i'm excited because i lost this ability years ago, but so far i only have good feeling about this.

If they will stay away from woke virus there will be people who would try to smear the game and devs with shit. I hope Vavra will be just as lulzy on twitter as he was during the development of the first game. Though i doubt it since Warhorse now are on the leash.
I honestly hope he doesn't, we all know how vindictive and hiveminded gaming journos are, if he doesn't give them a reason to hate on it this might just well be GOTY material and show the industry there's a place for non woke good video games.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Anyway, so now that it's confirmed you get to play Henry again.

This is a bit worrying because i have no idea how they are going to deal with the fact Henry was a motherfucking ubermensch at the end of the first game. Not just in terms of combat but in every other respect. One of the best things about the original was the stealth mechanics. Playing a thief in the beginning was super fan. By the end of the game, your skills were so high you could dance around the AI with ease, which made it less interesting.

ZACKIE

Educated
Looks like it will have the same awkward combat system.
And that's a good thing, if it's smoother, well animated there's no reason not to have it, not every game needs to have the same generic soulsslop or bamham combat system

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I am super-hyped.

But I l also feel like being under drug enhancer injection that is slowly going off of me.

Looks like they are again going for more cameral story (yeah I know, 2x bigger world, longer, Kuttenberg, Kings involvement etc.). Which is fine, but they seem to be stuck in 1403 again?

I hope they saved something for the later, like they mentioned TWO big maps?. So, there still may be a time-travel propeller for the story to 1410+ ?.

If not, I guess it is still fine as long as the story is coherent and INTERESTING!. And for the Grunwald/Tannenberg grand battle followed by Hussite Mayhem :argh: - I will smirk a bit and wait for KC:D3 in 2030. They better deliver on that front

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Gonna stick with Valheim tbh I just want to chop wood and hunt.

Building games are one of the biggest cancers of modern times.

But if it makes you feel better, later in the game you get to build a whole town. Wasn't particularly interesting for me but it's there, probably to satisfy this moronic trend.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So:
>horseback fighting (with crossbows)
>multiple times called RPG
>hand cannons
>giant Kuttenberg city, perhaps even too big according to Vavra
>map size twice as big as first game
>two regions: rural and urban Bohemia
>advanced crime system
>higher stakes (you're amidst problems of Kings, not lower nobility)
>dog follower
>big battles with hundred+ soldiers
>cavalry
>elaborate and prolonged sieges
>released this year

If all that is true it shows the wisdom in keeping most of what they build in the first game.

Why try to reinvent the wheel when you can just refine things a bit and then double the content since the base is mostly complete already and there's no point wasting time redoing everything from scratch.

just

Liturgist
hope henry also have a hidden blade and is part of an ancient assassin group

jaekl

Educated
Patron
It's greedy to expect a studio to make 2 good games in one lifetime and you should all be ashamed.

With that in mind, I hope that Henry gets kicked to death by a lesbian horse in the first hour because, as a mysoginist, he expected a strong woman to carry him around on her back. Typical.

Then he will be replaced by a much more worthy protagonist, a half Chinese, half African quadriplegic blind amputee with a learning disability, CKD, breast cancer requiring a mastectomy, anxiety, PTSD and pregnancy (it's a girl protagonist btw). She and the horse will ride around and spread word of the gender pay gap and how atheism will cure it.

For the final boss she will impale the pope through his butthole after defeating his elite guards with her naturally acquired sword skills, becoming the new undisputed champion of the new Catholic matriarchy of atheism. She will then marry the horse because men are pigs and she don't need 'em.

Oh!! I almost forgot. They will also add elves to the game. Enjoy.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Original did have a slight secular bias though.

That's a slight understatement, no? In the first game, religion was background colour, rather than the foundational element of society; or the barrel of black powder that kept exploding in Bohemia from the death of Hus, all the way to The Battle of White Mountain and almost made the Czechs cease to be a nation.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Original did have a slight secular bias though.

That's a slight understatement, no? In the first game, religion was background colour, rather than the foundational element of society; or the barrel of black powder that kept exploding in Bohemia from the death of Hus, all the way to The Battle of White Mountain and almost made the Czechs cease to be a nation.

True, slight was an understament for sure. I guess i was still thinking in terms of "by modern standards".

Habichtswalder

Literate
It seems a lot like KCD 1 and that's a good thing. They aren't trying to reinvent the wheel or to introduce new revolutionary features but are instead sticking to the formula that made the first iteration such a great game.
I was a tiny bit concerned when they started talking about the game being more epic and much bigger because I liked the scope and personal story focus of KCD 1 but ultimately the new scope means more content and that's good after waiting half a decade for this game.

I will enjoy this delicious piece of eurojank slowly like a good wine and then go back into desparation mode because we will have to wait until 2030 for part 3.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
There is confirmed blacksmithing. There wasn't one in KCD1, right? Alchemy returns

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom