Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

ArchAngel

Arcane
Describe "limited save system". There are people that just suck at video games and blame a perfectly reasonable save system. People bitch about Dark Souls' save system which is forgiving as all fuck. It autosaves every two seconds.
Not even close. I saves at start of quests or if you find a safe sleep spot. And for others you need to spend limited drink shit.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Describe "limited save system". There are people that just suck at video games and blame a perfectly reasonable save system. People bitch about Dark Souls' save system which is forgiving as all fuck. It autosaves every two seconds.
Not even close. I saves at start of quests or if you find a safe sleep spot. And for others you need to spend limited drink shit.
I don't quite understand your post. You're saying it doesn't autosave at all? That would be gay.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I don't quite understand your post. You're saying it doesn't autosave at all? That would be gay.
It autosaves at specific places (and apparently when you quit the game which I didn't try yet as Xbox suspend works well and I didn't want to use limited save drinks to try it).

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
The saving system is perfectly fine; it saves at the beginning and resolution of a quest line, as well as after most intermediary steps. It saves after taking a bath. And it saves after sleeping and when exiting the game. That's generous. And if that's not enough and you feel the need to save manually, Saviour Schnapps is fucking everywhere; loot from enemies and treasure chests, less than 100 Groschen at many herbalists/apothecaries and super easy to brew.

It's kinda concerning that they want to make saving even easier. Why not introduce save scumming right away at that point?

ArchAngel

Arcane
The saving system is perfectly fine; it saves at the beginning and resolution of a quest line, as well as after most intermediary steps. It saves after taking a bath. And it saves after sleeping and when exiting the game. That's generous. And if that's not enough and you feel the need to save manually, Saviour Schnapps is fucking everywhere; loot from enemies and treasure chests, less than 100 Groschen at many herbalists/apothecaries and super easy to brew.

It's kinda concerning that they want to make saving even easier. Why not introduce save scumming right away at that point?
Why not introduce multiple save modes right at game start. I always play these Bethesda type games with full saving and savescum as much as I feel like it (which is usually when dead or during some platforming levels that running back in real time is longer than loading a save). Your comment is retarded.
I played Xcom games only on Ironman but I didn't expect that to be only game mode.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
I think Souls games do saving right. There should always be a more hardcore option but for the casual gamer it's perfect.

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Souls is arguably more hardcore, since there's no reloading a previous state at all.
When you fail a quest in KCD, or saved prior to raiding a camp and then fail miserably, you can always choose to try again.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
The save system is fine, until you lose two hours of game time because you got jumped by four Raubritters while your horse humps a military grade bush.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Ok, save while quitting does work. I guess that is now my way of "manual" saving. Still retarded compared to save anywhere system it should have but with this I can work to have more fun and test stuff.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Oh shit, it does not work. Once you load the save that was created when you quit it deletes the save..

Harthwain

Magister
Oh shit, it does not work. Once you load the save that was created when you quit it deletes the save..

It is working as intended. It saves your game, allows you to shut down the PC and later game just continues exactly where you left it. Which is EXACTLY what you were describing before:

luckily on Xbox you can suspend your game, shut down the console and later game just continues exactly where you left it.

Gerrard

Arcane
Smejki has me on Ignore, by the way.
:smug:
Same, I think he got butthurt when I said KCD was already pozzed because of the DLC where you play as the girl who kills Cumans with her bare hands.
The save system is fine, until you lose two hours of game time because you got jumped by four Raubritters while your horse humps a military grade bush.
Until you lose 2 hours of gameplay because the game crashed as you were going to sleep to save.

Quillon

Arcane
Just learn the recipe to brew the saviour schnapps. It's not that hard.
I had no problem saving requiring schnapps but I hated that Henry looked drunk in dialogues with bobbing his head etc as if he wasn't already goofy looking enough.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So I spend 30+ minutes trying to catch rabbits with archery 2 and 50 arrows using this dumb ass saving systems. Since game is stupid enough to force me to shoot rabbits to level up archery at least it could let me save anywhere so I can try to hit one with 10+ arrows without needing to pick up each after each shot and then reload the save if I miss all. Now I lost 20 arrows permanently and caught one rabbit not being able to do that
Maybe I should be just abusing the game and be shooting at all farm animals I see like I read on the Net..

Gerrard

Arcane
"Balance through inconvenience" is garbage game design.
This might be the most wrong thing I've read on this forum yet.
The fuck you doin' man? You're an oldfag, you're supposed to know better.
I do know better, better than people who think it isn't.
If you think making your game more tedious to play makes it more challenging you need to face the wall. Many Stalker mods are a great example.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
So I spend 30+ minutes trying to catch rabbits with archery 2 and 50 arrows using this dumb ass saving systems. Since game is stupid enough to force me to shoot rabbits to level up archery at least it could let me save anywhere so I can try to hit one with 10+ arrows without needing to pick up each after each shot and then reload the save if I miss all. Now I lost 20 arrows permanently and caught one rabbit not being able to do that
Maybe I should be just abusing the game and be shooting at all farm animals I see like I read on the Net..
Reminds me why I didn't bother finishing it in the first place. Also since I'm playing through it again... yeah, this is the RDR2 of TES, it's the tedious, realistic, every animation everytime, boring, historically accurate game with no fun. If they gave us the possibility to disable animations on a lot of actions I'd probably disable the vast majority. Such a waste of time. The alchemy process is horrible and slow, the the sleeping cannot be skipped and it goes so slow especially in the last hour, picking up an arrow or an object is done with delay, picking locks moves you automatically to align with the lock, fast traveling cannot be stopped by canceling and is slow as well, crawling into various sleeping beds is slow, harvesting plants...oh my God that animation everytime, drawing and holstering weapons is slow especially when you got angry turks charging at you full speed, the dog is beyond annoying and getting hungry all the time as well plus he's stupid getting in the way of my arrows and then he's the one getting upset and leaving... I'm like....I like this game, the design but I'm at my limit with this. Henry is almost maxed out, swimming in money, got one if the fastest horses. Oh btw almost forgot....food spoiling in time in your inventory. Fuck off with that. Realism destroys games and is the enemy of fun. Good game but fuck off.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
If you think making your game more tedious to play makes it more challenging you need to face the wall. Many Stalker mods are a great example.

I understand the sentiment, really.
But inconvenience, more than perhaps any other single factor, has such a powerful, beautiful self-selecting effect on the degenerate tastes and sensibilities of the declined world we live in that I think it is too valuable a tool to forego. Convenience is, put simply, déclassé.

Harthwain

Magister
Hoping you will automatically start to land hits won't get you far. You have to learn where there arrow is going and lead the target as well, on top of your aim getting more stable with skill.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom