Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

ArchAngel

Arcane
You need to prepare your character for stealth. Not just by training your skills, but also wearing the appropriate clothes to reduce visibility and lower noise.

BTW, here's a little tip for you: next time use a bow on naked bandits. Since they have no armor and weapons, you can easily stun lock them with little danger to you. Good way to train bows early on. Can also be used on the scrub bandits you find early on if the groups are small enough. Anything that doesn't have a lot of armor basically can be stun locked by arrows. Main reason arrows are totally broken later in the game since with high enough power you can punch through armor and do the same trick even with late game enemies.

Mutt can also help with this.

All the screeching about how difficult the combat system is in this game seem to ignore the fact you really don't actually have to fight anything if you don't want. You can play the game as an assassing, killing people in stealth, behind their backs or in their sleep.
Killing with bow will not work with a controller, at least not with "drunk" Henry. It was hard enough to hit anything in Starfield with a controller and there you are not drunk when trying to aim anything

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW, considering the game saves whenever you quit, losing 2 hours of game time, even ignoring all the save opportunities you get from bathhouses and beds, and the fact saving potions aren't that hard to come by, especially if you learn how to make them at the alchemy bench, is entirely on you. In those two hours you could have quit the game a few times if you were worried about crashes or bugs.

Also, doesn't the game save on you automatically if you play on normal? And if are playing on hard core, wouldn't you want the hard core experience?
That does not help. As soon as your load save that was created when you Save and Quit, it gets deleted and you are back to your 2h before save.

Modron

Arcane
You need to prepare your character for stealth. Not just by training your skills, but also wearing the appropriate clothes to reduce visibility and lower noise.
Generally with the right perks you can get pretty heavily armored with 0 noise, the only substitution I made for heavy combat story bits was switching padded leggings to chain ones.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, considering the game saves whenever you quit, losing 2 hours of game time, even ignoring all the save opportunities you get from bathhouses and beds, and the fact saving potions aren't that hard to come by, especially if you learn how to make them at the alchemy bench, is entirely on you. In those two hours you could have quit the game a few times if you were worried about crashes or bugs.

Also, doesn't the game save on you automatically if you play on normal? And if are playing on hard core, wouldn't you want the hard core experience?
That does not help. As soon as your load save that was created when you Save and Quit, it gets deleted and you are back to your 2h before save.

No it doesn't lmao the fuck are you taking about.

ArchAngel

Arcane

What are you talking about? How does quiting the game constantly help vs bugs or crashes?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

What are you talking about? How does quiting the game constantly help vs bugs or crashes?

When you quit and save it creates a special save that's ONLY deleted when it is overwritten by another quit and save.

Try it. Quit and save, reload that save, then quit without saving. Upon restarting the game, you'll see the quit and save entry in the loading save list is still there.

You can literally exploit this to save scum to your heart's content if you are autistic enough.

ArchAngel

Arcane

When you quit and save it creates a special save that's ONLY deleted when it is overwritten by another quit and save.

Try it. Quit and save, reload that save, then quit without saving. Upon restarting the game, you'll see the quit and save entry in the loading save list is still there.

You can literally exploit this to save scum to your heart's content if you are autistic enough.
What I tried is to load that quit and save and then I went to load save list and it was not there. So you are claiming it is there but it is hidden?

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

What I tried is to load that quit and save and then I when to load save list and it was not there. So you are claiming it is there but it is hidden?

It should be there. It's the orange one, with the arrow pointing to a folder:

2523E125B371B66DDEDF3CA47167E545851F94B1

Maybe it went down the list because you saved a lot since the last one you made.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

BTW, here's a little tip for you: next time use a bow on naked bandits. Since they have no armor and weapons, you can easily stun lock them with little danger to you. Good way to train bows early on. Can also be used on the scrub bandits you find early on if the groups are small enough. Anything that doesn't have a lot of armor basically can be stun locked by arrows. Main reason arrows are totally broken later in the game since with high enough power you can punch through armor and do the same trick even with late game enemies.

All the screeching about how difficult the combat system is in this game seem to ignore the fact you really don't actually have to fight anything if you don't want. You can play the game as an assassing, killing people in stealth, behind their backs or in their sleep.
Killing with bow will not work with a controller, at least not with "drunk" Henry. It was hard enough to hit anything in Starfield with a controller and there you are not drunk when trying to aim anything

The fuck are you playing a PC game with a controller for.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Generally with the right perks you can get pretty heavily armored with 0 noise, the only substitution I made for heavy combat story bits was switching padded leggings to chain ones.

This was my get up when i played the game as a thief stealth assassin:

5E1DABD1B2ABA73F84C94949A58BCBC85FF44775

I forgot how far into the game i was when i took this shot, but i think i didn't find anything better than the above.

Modron

Arcane
This was my get up when i played the game as a thief stealth assassin:
I was able to squeeze in some chainmail (there were some chainmails, kettle hats, and whatever the outer armor is called that looked almost identical or actually identical but had better stats) for my 0 noise outfit. I should install the game and see if my saves are still in the cloud for my outfit again.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I forgot how far into the game i was when i took this shot, but i think i didn't find anything better than the above.
Ceremonial Mace and Heavy Warhammer are a bit better but no biggie.

Also never used poison weapons, did you find them viable?

Nope. I was using them because poison didn't count for that achievement about not killing anybody (lmao). Eventually i got bored though and gave up.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The fuck are you playing a PC game with a controller for.
It is a Xbox game as well ;)

ArchAngel

Arcane

What I tried is to load that quit and save and then I when to load save list and it was not there. So you are claiming it is there but it is hidden?

It should be there. It's the orange one, with the arrow pointing to a folder:

2523E125B371B66DDEDF3CA47167E545851F94B1

Maybe it went down the list because you saved a lot since the last one you made.
I tried it. Yes, if you just close the game without doing save and quit you can still load last save you did with save and quit. Tnx, this helps me a lot on Xbox considering I cannot mod in full saving.

I found interesting thing yesterday. I found a body on the ground at remote house and as soon as I came closer I got jumped by 2 guys and a dog. Somehow I managed to beat the dog and one guy but 3rd one had a shield and I had no clue how to hit that one so I lost in the end.
Then I closed the game and loaded this save and quit save as it was the newest one and went there again, this time my plan was to try to fight them on horseback first as I noticed AI gets kind of funky when you are on horseback and you can get some free hits. But when I got there there was no body on the ground or ambush.. interesting.. seems some events are randomly generated as you travel around the world..

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah, events like ambushes are randomly generated.

Train with Bernard to get an grip on combat and learn everything you can. Also, don't miss out the tourney. You'll probably lose the first few times but it's great practice, and it's always there come next time. You can get some good money and gear out of it once you start to win.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Train with Bernard to get an grip on combat and learn everything you can. Also, don't miss out the tourney. You'll probably lose the first few times but it's great practice, and it's always there come next time. You can get some good money and gear out of it once you start to win.
Training with Bernard costs money, I am too poor at the moment to give him 100s of gold for training.

thesecret1

Arcane

Training with Bernard costs money, I am too poor at the moment to give him 100s of gold for training.
It's free. We're not talking about the "training" where you pay to raise skills, but about actually sparring with him on the training field.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It's free. We're not talking about the "training" where you pay to raise skills, but about actually sparring with him on the training field.
Does that free training also raise skills while doing it? If not I will train on bandits. At least in M&B2 I could train by entering tournaments and/or even just training in Arena and raise skills so I am better when it comes to real combat.

Cologno

Educated
Yep, you get XP for practicing with him. And he's brutal in that he'll mess you up for a day until you can hang with him. Probably the single best source of skill gain in the entire game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

Does that free training also raise skills while doing it? If not I will train on bandits.

Yes, it does.

There's two ways to "train" in this game. Either pay for it or read training books, which will give you an instant bonus, or you just get XP simply by doing something over and over. The latter is obviously important since it's not just a matter of getting skill points, you also need to learn the combat system yourself. Training with Bernard gives you XP but it also gives you direct experience on how the combat works. Same with the tourney. Just doing it, even if you get your ass kicked, will give you XP.

Paying for training is generally only worth it if a skill is really annoying to get going (or you are swimming with money, at which point why not). You get free pick pocketing training from the Miller but if you didn't it'd be totally worth paying for it since trying to pick pocket anyone with zero skills can lead to disaster. I think you are at a point where you can train some bow skills at the hunter near the blacksmith (by paying for it), which can be useful since bows are really hard to use until you start getting those first several points. BTW, it's actually not that hard to win archery contests even with zero skills, as long as you are just doing the one with the target (the contest with the logs bobbing in the water is another matter).

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Does that free training also raise skills while doing it?
Yeah. But be careful cuz he doesn't play around: you'll be bleeding, have body parts damaged, equipped armor will need repairs....and this is with wooden weapons.

Only clubs can hurt you. Wooden swords are completely harmless. You can argue that a club is a club where as a wooden sword that is light and not sharp can't do much damage but i suspect they just couldn't get the coding right lmao.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yep, you get XP for practicing with him. And he's brutal in that he'll mess you up for a day until you can hang with him. Probably the single best source of skill gain in the entire game.

It's so good it's basically cheating. I intentionally decided to avoid training with Bernard after getting master strikes as i was afraid i was going to trivalize the game.

I still got way more training than i would normally have just by doing the tourney every five days.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Only clubs can hurt you. Wooden swords are completely harmless. You can argue that a club is a club where as a wooden sword that is light and not sharp can't do much damage but i suspect they just couldn't get the coding right lmao.
I trained with him with swords and all of the above were caused by that completely harmless wooden sword. He wiped the floor with me. Had to use bandages, repair my armor and sleep after.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom