Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Maybe expansions can be: Henry visits France, Henry visits Holy Land, Henry visits Constantinople etc.
In early 1400s Constantinople was already a depopulated ruin, hemmed in by Kebab from all sides, Holy Land was wracked by famine and plague and France was plunged deeply into a civil war.

So yes, all those DLCs would be a lot of fun. :cool:

thesecret1

Arcane
Henry visits Constantinople
Henry, an old man by then, goes defend Constantinople in 1453. He single-handedly saves Byzantium by beheading Mehmed II, and from his headless corpse, he finally retrieves his father's sword.
The first Ottoman siege of Constantinople happened in 1422. In this one Byzantines managed to prevail. It could be an interesting setup a historical rpg, although I think Vavra and co will prefer to do Hussite Wars instead.
Hussite wars are more interesting, tbh. Gunpowder weapons making a grand entrance, loads of factions (on hussite side in particular), and more interesting moral dilemmas than just "Are you a mohammedan? Y/N"

That said, I'd love to play an RPG where you save BYZ

Paul_cz

Arcane
They actually called it Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2.
Yeah I am surprised and disappointed, expected Kingdom Come II: Retribution

But I guess they decided first game's title has become more marketable brand, and perhaps if the story is about rescuing Václav, they felt the title was still more fitting.

I also didn't like when Rockstar named RDR sequel Red Dead Redemption 2 instead of Red Dead Rsomething.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hussite wars are more interesting
No doubt.

I've always dreamt of an announcement trailer with waving white banners with the red crusader cross, full of manly, white, Germanic knights riding around, bellowing about God and the Empire, all that accompanied by a majestic Wagnerian score, and at the end a huge title:

KINGDOM COME: CRUSADERS

That would be a much mourned dark day for Wester gaming journalism coz half of the workforce would suffer apoplexy and drop dead on the spot.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Balkans were one of the most interesting regions in XV century. But this is about Brohemia first

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Hussite wars are more interesting
No doubt.

I've always dreamt of an announcement trailer with waving white banners with the red crusader cross, full of manly, white, Germanic knights riding around, bellowing about God and the Empire, all that accompanied by a majestic Wagnerian score, and at the end a huge title:

KINGDOM COME: CRUSADERS

That would be a much mourned dark day for Wester gaming journalism coz half of the workforce would suffer apoplexy and drop dead on the spot.
I don't know about those journalists getting apoplexic.

After all if Henry joined the Hussites, then he'd be murdering those manly, white, Germanic crusaders from dusk till dawn.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

After all if Henry joined the Hussites, then he'd be murdering those manly, white, Germanic crusaders from dusk till dawn.
By this point a mere sight of the cross would make vegan zoomers faint, no matter the context.

If those indoor plants saw Der Untergang now their hair would turn gray, regardless of the dye.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

By this point a mere sight of the cross would make vegan zoomers faint, no matter the context.

If those indoor plants saw Der Untergang now their hair would turn gray, regardless of the dye.
WOKE monsters will screeeach about this game so much, you will have to put fingers in your ears from reading their butthurt let alone watching videos. NO, I repeat, NO alternative narrative to WOKE cyberpunk retarded dystopia is allowed to exist. Past, Present and Future needs to kneel in front WOKE

Vavra standing proudly on his both feet with smug on his face and mace on shoulder is Holy Cross in eyes of these Demons. God! Bless Based West Slavs

uajii

Literate
What I am curious about is how they're going to show Battle of Grunwald, one of the larges in the Middle Ages, in an engine that used to get a heart attack each time 30 dudes got into a brawl.
The reason why the battles in KCD were problematic was not the engine. They had a simulation, that was computing the damage based on the factors like speed of the weapon during impact, exact place where a character is hit, quality of the various armor etc. It was kind of overkill since most players never even notice these things. The problem was they were running this simulation for every NPC in the fight, which is ridiculous. Another problem was their layered clothing system. They had 4 layers of 16 pieces of clothing, that had to be squeezed under each other on the parts of the body where they were covered by another layer, but not on the parts where they were not covered. But they still had to be rendered at all times. And it caused other problems like clipping. Bethesda games have like 4 non-layered models per character. In all the other games all the clothes and the whole body on NPCs are just one model.

If they get rid of these two systems they can render way more NPCs. And the fake NPCs in the background behind some uncrossable barrier can be even more simplified. They can be just repeating 20 second long animation indefinitely. 10+ years ago, Witcher 2 or Assassins Creed 3 were showing "large battles", but they were shown in a way there was never more than 20 active NPCs on the screen and the others were just part of fake background.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
First I thought this is the Charles Bridge but apparently it's just Kuttenberg again.

Too bad so sad.

434459536_1166223321280218_3252340454559051346_n.jpg

ZACKIE

Educated
accused the company of having a culture of casual racism where one cannot ever advance his career unless he speaks Czech

WTF!?

If you move to another country(not talking about short therm work or tourism), you should learn the new country language. Where is the racism? Ifa blonde, blue eyed German guy moves to Japan he should learn Japanese, if he move to UAE, he should learn Arabic.
I expect Vávra to keep woke pretty far away from the game, given that he's one of the most vocal anti-woke figures in public space
Vávra likes and enjoys Cyberpunk 2077 with all its wokery, and called it the best game of the decade.
Don't be a conservatard.
Lmfao how is Cyberpunk 2077 woke? It's a diverse globo homo dystopia that modern day left wingers have no problem with

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Oh boy, I can't wait to spastically wave my sword in weird ways engage in glorious precision HEMA combat once again!

This is the only game where I spent an hour+ training with the tutorial dude just so I could go full murderhobo.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
Lmfao how is Cyberpunk 2077 woke?

Wokeness is a corporate product first and foremost, and 2077 is about as anti-corporate in its messaging as a corporate product can ever get, so I don't think the term applies.

It does have a vague pseudo-liberal slant, but that comes with the source material.

Damn, talk about visual catnip.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom