Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us in 2024

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
I mean... what to say. And this is serious historian from serious publication making serious argument and serious people are nodding across West. WOKE mindvirus plague. I don't want it in my Country. I'm ready to fight

thesecret1

Arcane
Look, I'll calm down. I haven't consooomed modern journalizm for a long time, and it got much much worse

Look at this paragraph alone. And out of 9 paragaphs 8 are devoted to WOKENESS and open pressure and struggle session for WarHorse to kneel

This stance became the topic of some debate among historians. Some concurred that the ethnic representation of the area Kingdom Come depicted made sense given its primarily rural nature. Others, such as Sean Miller, felt that absence of proof did not constitute proof of absence. For Eurogamer's review of the game, Miller stated that "Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road" and that "if you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come." His point was that there was simply no way to be certain about a total lack of POC in the area Kingdom Come is set. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."
I remember having a real hoot about that paragraph back when it was first written. Silk Road didn't run through Prague, lmao, and even if it were, it wouldn't mean some nigger at one end of it travels all the way to the other end. It was the goods travelling the whole stretch, not the merchants - those usually only travelled a couple cities over before selling their shit and making a return trip. That's why people like Marco Polo won such renown - because it really wasn't normal for a person to travel all the way to China and back, silk road or not.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Madness and stupidity. And they jerk themselves off and pat on the head saying hi hi hi how smarty smart we sound when we say "absence of proof did not constitute proof of absence". We got them hohoho

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Henry vill be circumzized and you vill like it :mixedemotions:
Infinitron will sluuuurp the skin
12987.jpg

SlamDunk

Arcane
I wonder if there will be a boxed PC release for KCD2. Gonna look odd just having KCD1 on the shelf. Can someone ask on Twitter? I can't seem to ask for some reason.
There will be a Collector's Edition, so I think it's safe to say that a normal boxed release will also happen.

thesecret1

Arcane
Any news about Pepik noises being in game or again we will have to wait years for fans to make Czech dubbing by themselves?
The czech fandub was pretty bad, tbh. You could tell it was amateur work. The english VAs were just better, and I say that as a pepik myself.

I was also tempted to play with Japanese VAs though. Have you tried it? Very high quality, but it makes you feel like you're surrounded by samurai :lol: My immersion just couldn't survive that, especially when Henry's kind foster father sounded like he'd behead him for staining family honor by sleeping in

Quillon

Arcane
  • all of the NPCs are unique in KCD2, with their own daily life, their own bed etc. there are no NPCs who just spawn into the world only to walk around in circles with a bucket of water or whatever. every NPC has a fixed and unique inventory. whatever you steal from these inventories is actually gone and will not respawn in their inventory

Finally - apparently the tech has reached that point where this is possible, what I've been wanting for I guess about 15 years; no mo spawns & heavy scripting for player convenience, instead things happening through systems interacting with each other. This'll prove to be the most important feature of the game. Let's see how populated the game will be with everyone's being simulated.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Look, I'll calm down. I haven't consooomed modern journalizm for a long time, and it got much much worse

Look at this paragraph alone. And out of 9 paragaphs 8 are devoted to WOKENESS and open pressure and struggle session for WarHorse to kneel

This stance became the topic of some debate among historians. Some concurred that the ethnic representation of the area Kingdom Come depicted made sense given its primarily rural nature. Others, such as Sean Miller, felt that absence of proof did not constitute proof of absence. For Eurogamer's review of the game, Miller stated that "Czech cities Olomouc and Prague were on the famous Silk Road" and that "if you plot a line between them, it runs directly through the area recreated in Kingdom Come." His point was that there was simply no way to be certain about a total lack of POC in the area Kingdom Come is set. "What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."
I remember having a real hoot about that paragraph back when it was first written. Silk Road didn't run through Prague, lmao, and even if it were, it wouldn't mean some nigger at one end of it travels all the way to the other end. It was the goods travelling the whole stretch, not the merchants - those usually only travelled a couple cities over before selling their shit and making a return trip. That's why people like Marco Polo won such renown - because it really wasn't normal for a person to travel all the way to China and back, silk road or not.
"What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."

Always the fucking niggers...
A pox upon them, I have HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH WESTOID FASCINATION AND VENERATION OF NIGGERS!!!!
Whole world is sick of it...

Gerrard

Arcane
Here are some new key points that i got from german videos and streams:
  • all of the NPCs are unique in KCD2, with their own daily life, their own bed etc. there are no NPCs who just spawn into the world only to walk around in circles with a bucket of water or whatever. every NPC has a fixed and unique inventory. whatever you steal from these inventories is actually gone and will not respawn in their inventory
Wow, can't wait to see this "big city" with 100 NPCs in it. And considering how the NPCs were the biggest performance hog in the first game...

Cologno

Educated
Here are some new key points that i got from german videos and streams:
Wow, can't wait to see this "big city" with 100 NPCs in it. And considering how the NPCs were the biggest performance hog in the first game...
And shadows, of all things. I set it to "medium" and all stuttering would go away with negligible fidelity loss.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Summaration job for the Czech codexians here:

Google translate said:
All about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 with Lead Game Designer - PVP

Prokop Jirsa is the lead designer on the upcoming Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, which came to Warhorse Studios ten years ago, before the original Kickstarter campaign was launched.

So we think he's the perfect interview candidate to tell us about all the upcoming news that awaits us in the sequel to the popular medieval role-playing game.

EDIT2: English closed captions added.

EDIT: Someone already did it: https://old.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...ech_gaming_magazine_indian_made_an_interview/

• Warhorse is happy with the development so far
  • the story will provide an ending to Henry's story (finally, yay!) EDIT: This is supposedly just an assumption by the translator. "What the dude actually said was "You will get to see the end. And that's all I'll say.""
  • the combat system should be more accessible for those not willing to learn all the in depth mechanics, yet you will be still able to master all it's mechnics and features as you could in the first game (more like a polish than making it more casual)
  • for example they analysed the original "star with dot" system, saw that many people had trouble with having five of them, so there will be now ONLY 4 positions (up, down, left, right and center I guess) and they decided to make more combo opportunities instead for you to master -> that should make combat more clear, yet give you still enough toys to play with and feel like a medieval combat master
  • then they talk about the old school complexity of KCD (combat, perks, skills) and how they try to modernise them for you to have fun
  • for example they like their perk/skill system because it doesn't really force you to manually put points somewhere which could give pressure on you and force you to google some builds and stuff -> they like how to progress is totally smoothly going and that you can explore the game instead of minmaxing it's systems (there is still depth to their systems, so you cant ofc research and minmax, but the game is made so it doesn't look like you should)
  • the crime system is newly done, you can get new punishments like that mark of a thief for example which make new interactions
  • the second game should be a little bit more open in its open world, yet still have a linear going cinemtic story for you -> basically making it very similiar to first game, but better
  • ranged weapons are treated historically, crossbows will be common but gunpowder weapons will be percieved as a scary new invention, some characters will be really scared of them and the fear factor may be there as a thing
  • a part when Prokop is asked about comparison to Baldurs Gate III, just praising it basically :D
  • then again classic talk about CryEngine talking about why they stick to it
  • Kuttenberg, it should be a totally different experience to Rattay -> they talk mainly about its making and implementation -> he talks about how hard it is to fill it with enough content to its size
  • the countryside is not overfilled with content, you will find plenty of UNIQUE points of interest, quests, and stuff, but there will be spots where you can just get lost in a forest and enjoy the beautiful sightseeing without feeling a constant presence of some small filler stuff (hello there Ubisoft :D)
  • they again focused on side quests to make them unique, interesting and fun
  • Warhorse got bigger, but still sticking to its freedom, not trying to become a corporate
  • savior schnapps WILL BE AGAIN IN THE SECOND GAME! (but if you hate it, Prokop also said that there will be more autosaves as the drink will be more accessible, they just want to do something about the classic Bethesda F5 abuse before doing risky stuff)
  • new events between NPCs (random brawls in pubs)
  • Henry and NPC interactions should be similiar but again new interactions should be present
  • there will be NO children in the second game, because of the issues with it (rating, animations, etc.)
  • then they talk about Prokop's story with game development -> he explains how to get into it, that you should try making games yourself, publish it to itch.io and make a nice portfolio of something to show your skills.

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
Summaration job for the Czech codexians here:

Google translate said:
All about Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 with Lead Game Designer - PVP

Prokop Jirsa is the lead designer on the upcoming Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2, which came to Warhorse Studios ten years ago, before the original Kickstarter campaign was launched.

So we think he's the perfect interview candidate to tell us about all the upcoming news that awaits us in the sequel to the popular medieval role-playing game.

- goal was to make things bigger and better, not to invent new stuff. Expect KCD1 bigger and better, but not different otherwise
- combat will be more streamlined, in the sense it should be easier to learn. There was focus to maintain the depth of the combat, however
- one less direction when swinging swords compared to KCD1, more focus on combos, perfect blocks, masterstrikes, etc.
- more complex reputation system, more crime punishments, for example branding
- getting branded will give a temporary stat penalty until it heals, and will have a permanent effect on how NPCs treat you. Most of the time, being branded will gather negative reaction, but in some cases, it can actually be helpful
- the idea behind KCD (the series) is to combine a cinematic story with open world systems. KCD2 will offer more more open world options, but still the same "linerarity" in terms of story as in KCD1. "We are not making an immersive sim. We're not making Kenshi."
- everything in the game is historically accurate. No weapon or item is ahistorical
- guns were a new thing at that time, and firing them can spook people
- CryEngine was a good choice, brings great results
- Kuttenberg much, MUCH bigger than Sassau from KCD1
- emphasis on realism. "There's no tavern with a bandit camp placed a couple steps behind it". Game will have lots of content, but not in places where it makes no sense. Entirely possible to wander a long time through a forest and not find anything but trees and mushrooms.
- all content is unique and designed with focus on making them worthwhile. No fetch quests, no "go kill 5 wolves". He says KCD1 was already like this, so I think he speaks about side-quests specifically. Probably doesn't rule out the "activities" you could do in KCD1 (as they don't consider them to be "quests") that literally were "bring me 50 meat"
- 200+ people working on the game. Says it's a challenge to manage them all, but that it helps a lot that most of them still go to the office rather than working from home
- savior's schapps will make a comeback, cheaper and with more auto-saves – "we don't want saving to be a challenge, you should always have resources to get savior's schnapps, but we want the player to think at least a little about it, that he needs to stop and give it a moment a thought before going to rob a store, that a quick save isn't free"
- drunkards sometimes brawl in front of taverns
- if you look intimidating and commit crimes, regular townspeople will run away. If you look like a little bitch, even the average joes will come kick your teeth in (though likely not if they like you due to you having a high reputation with them)
- there will be no kids in the game, like in KCD1. Not due to ratings or whatever, but simply because it'd be too much work (unless you just want to make tiny adults, which always looks terrible). "We're (still) not Rockstar. We don't have infinite resources. We considered it, but in the end decided to spend what we have on making other systems better."

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"What if a group of black Africans came through and stayed at an inn and somebody got pregnant? Even one night is enough for a pregnancy."
What did they mean by this, lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom