Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
HP has always been a somewhat strange abstraction. Some systems attempt to model degradation, but most just go with critical existence failure at 0 hp.

It started as a giganticallyhuge abstraction, but I think at this point it just became so ingrained into gaming that we don't really notice it. Model degradation and animations (bleeding, limbs flying off, whatever) in theory seems like ideal solution but in practice I'm not really sure if its worth the effort.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I guess not even a strong minded guy like Vavra can survive Codex inquisition.

The only way that can end is with him getting roasted like Jan Hus.

Spiezer_Chronik_Jan_Hus_1485.jpg

SlamDunk

Arcane
That is peculiar. I've never had problems hitting targets in games that didn't have arrow trails (Gothic 3, for example).

What makes archery so different in KCD? Well, 24 days to go untill we shall see if there is a difference, or not.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That is peculiar. I've never had problems hitting targets in games that didn't have arrow trails (Gothic 3, for example).

Yeah I don't mind the trail but right now the arrow looks like a Tomahawk missile with an engine failure. They should make it look less intrusive.

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The victim actaully looks more happy than the executioner, you could even say he enjoys burning,
He looks like he finds it sexually stimulating. And they all look high as shit. The two guys in the audience on the right are like "duuuude, look at my hands". The guy on the left is just pointing at Hus like "yo, this is good shit".

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
That part at the end where she very politely tells the haters to go fuck off and play Skyrim instead if this is too much game for them... I'm in love.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1 question, the gold dot/reticle that is shown while just walking around can that be turned off? If not can I request it be patched so it can be turned off while in non combat?

Mabye if we will have a hardcore option later with a DLC or something. We will see.

Dot-removal DLC confirmed!

Edit:

Oh fuck, the UI isn't customizable.

Last edited:

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1 question, the gold dot/reticle that is shown while just walking around can that be turned off? If not can I request it be patched so it can be turned off while in non combat?

Mabye if we will have a hardcore option later with a DLC or something. We will see.

Edit:

so no option to turn off compass marker???

WTF???

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Edit:

so no option to turn off compass marker???

WTF???

Well, on Xbox at least. Maybe there is a ini file to be edit or something on PC.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom