Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
PorkyThePaladin I understand the business reality of the market (xplat) they're going into, which is why I would much prefer a straight-up "it wasn't a priority" rather than spin and half-truths.

He said it would be confusing. Fill in "for the kasuals". And of course it would. Sheesh.

Chill.

agris

Arcane
Patron
PorkyThePaladin I understand the business reality of the market (xplat) they're going into, which is why I would much prefer a straight-up "it wasn't a priority" rather than spin and half-truths.

He said it would be confusing. Fill in "for the kasuals". And of course it would. Sheesh.

Chill.
On why quest compasses are a Good Thing(TM)

In that sense the markers even give you more freedom. And that's how the games is meant to be played.

That's some Baghdad Bob-level of spin. I just don't appreciate it.

Beowulf

Arcane
In that sense the markers even give you more freedom. And that's how the games is meant to be played.

That's some Baghdad Bob-level of spin. I just don't appreciate it.

Yeah, that was a little too much.

Beware Smejki, because if you go further down that road, you might actually try to sell us the idea, that the FPS counter in the 20s (that were seen on the screenshots) is actually beneficial for the player, as we'll get more cinematic experience that way.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Friendly reminder this game comes out in like 3-4 days!! :bounce:

The release thread better not be 100 pages of people talking about SJW reactions to the game instead of playing it.

It depends on how much of a stink SJWs will make about this. Will probably have to move some posts in the gamer gate thread unless it's just gonna be that one article.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Friendly reminder this game comes out in like 3-4 days!! :bounce:

The release thread better not be 100 pages of people talking about SJW reactions to the game instead of playing it.

It depends on how much of a stink SJWs will make about this. Will probably have to move some posts in the gamer gate thread.
So far it's as if the retards are trying to make a stink but it always dies down. Even on Resetera they're in minority and they're always browbeaten down.

IIRC there was a much bigger hustle around Witcher 3. That's why they added that weirdly random and lore-incoherent Arab dude in the DLC.

Arulan

Cipher
I for one think we should be discussing the game. My opinion on politics, or that of other people not even on this forum just isn't relevant.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
After a brief internal struggle, I watched the gameplay video. The writing is really great. Every line of dialogue builds the character of the person who has spoken it. Even if the animations and the poses are not as lifelike as in other games, that's not all that important for me. This game will be fun.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You can turn off quest compass in ELEX and it is 90% fine without it.

Some description are vague, but manageable.

I think ELEX is bigger than 4x4 kilometers so KC:D should be fine without it as long therr are proper landmarks and detailed description

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
KEvxpJl.jpg

Pre-ordered. :bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::takemymoney::hype:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
If a kang showed up in 1400s Bohemia he wouldn't survive the first day. He would end up torched on a spike with a pitchfork sticking from his ass.

THAT would be historical accuracy.

Not really. eg Lions were held in cages as rare, exotic animals, that's how the lion came on Richard Coeur de Lions coat of arm 400 years before this game tales place. I am sure monkeys were also kept, for example in circuses.

I believe black people were also generally known, the German term was "Mohr" which I think cames from Moor as there lived quite a few of them in Spain, or just "Neger" which means Nagger. So yeah most people would not have been teribly shocked, but probably just surprised and curious and looked at them like circus animals because they had never seen one in real life.
There were some black slaves in Europe. (In fact there is a documented fact about crocodile imported from Egypt that was left near town as a joke, while mercenaries had fun watching uproar of these dumb moravians.) Current imports from Africa are not that funny, because they brought Pig plague from Africa which kills wild boar population in central europe.

And in 1402 there were some Ethiopian embasies in France, Spain, and Italy. Was Ethiopia black in year 1402?

Common villagers would throw stones at them and scream devil.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've made attempts to play Witcher 3 without a minimap (question marks are always off for me), and it was good, as long as I would check the big map fairly often. Once I learned the layout of Novigrad, I had no problems finding objectives even without a minimap/quest compass. The best option regarding the quest compass was one provided by some mod which would hide the minimap unless you used the witcher senses.

I'm thinking about the save system. On one hand it disincentivises savescumming - if your last save is made too long ago, [chances are that] you would be too lazy to replay the stuff that happened up to the moment you wanted to re-try with that game reload. On the other, this system will make it most efficient to save before something important, make an attempt at the important thing, and then spend some time on exploration/character maintenance (eating, trading, unimportant conversations), until the alcohol effect wears off and you can save again.

The persuasion system is really impressive, I wish more RPGs would do this approach to it, but I realize it is probably only doable in a game where you can afford to script to a big extent what factor each NPC in question would be most impacted by in order to be persuaded.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Arcane
This last answer in the latest episode of Weekly Torch: https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/warhorse-studios-weekly-torch/29593/163

Tomáš “Woody” Blaho said:
12. If you could say something to the fans of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, what would it be?

If you can play KCD at 4K, 60 fps at High details or more on your PC, please let me know your spec. People are constantly asking for that info and we have no clue. Damn Bitcoin miners prevent us to get a good GPU or even pair of GPUs to test it ;)

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
And in 1402 there were some Ethiopian embasies in France, Spain, and Italy. Was Ethiopia black in year 1402?

Kind of. But they were Christians, the country was called Abyssinia, and all kinds of myths spun around them = Priest King John.

I would see them as one of those unfortunate nations at the periphery of the Western world who got fucked real hard, like Armenia and Georgia.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Day-one patch will be huge. I wonder what the total size of the game will be...

Article below mentions v1.01 and 23GB, but apparently v1.02 will increase the size to 28GB. Deep Silver dude on ResetEra said that the download size will vary, though, depending on the amount of voice over files.

v1.01 changelog, plus related information from Warhorse and publisher Deep Silver: https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news...4-day-one-patch-download-size-is-23gb-1810804

Martin Klima said:
Four years after our Kickstarter campaign, our game is set to be released tomorrow. The task was really big and our team although still quite small and we always wanted to deliver, to create the game we wanted and we believed you wanted. Before talking about some background, all of us at Warhorse would like to thank our community, the backers and friends who helped us to bring this dream to life by giving us the chance to develop what we believe is a unique RPG experience!

The production realities of game development mean that a ‘release’ version has to be finalized some time before the actual release date. We could have used this time to get some rest, or we could use it to create some additional content and sell it to you as DLC, but we went back to the version-to-be-released and worked on it. The results are obvious: quests are more balanced, RPG progression is smoother, the game runs faster and every facet of the game got more polish. The drawback of course is that most of the data in the old build was replaced and has to be downloaded as a patch. At a hefty size, it’s going to take some time to download and it’s a shame. Still, we strongly believe that after four years wait it will pay off to wait a little bit longer while the day one patch is downloading. Trust me, it will deliver the awesome experience you deserve!

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
I mean the whole "our release version has to be finalized some time before..." bit only really applies to console decline. Also potentially a physical PC release, but I assume it will still just need Steam anyways like most physical releases these days...

The fact that they keep pushing this "day one patch" narrative scares me because it seems like they are focusing on console decline.. Game will probably pause mid gameplay for tips, have QTEs, an arrow pointing to where you need to go, and worst of all, non interactable apples.

:shunthenonbeliever:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean the whole "our release version has to be finalized some time before..." bit only really applies to console decline. Also potentially a physical PC release, but I assume it will still just need Steam anyways like most physical releases these days...

Meh, physicals aren't necessarily a decline, they still make sense for people from third world countries like America with shitty connection.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
The fact that they keep pushing this "day one patch" narrative scares me because it seems like they are focusing on console decline.. Game will probably pause mid gameplay for tips, have QTEs, an arrow pointing to where you need to go, and worst of all, non interactable apples.

:shunthenonbeliever:

The apples are not confirmed**. The rest is true, it's a console game, consists mostly of riding and watching cutscenes and the developer who claims to speak on behalf of Warhorse is surprised where "anything of that [various feature ideas of PC gamers who support the game since 2012] ever came from".

**allegedly you can interact with cabbage.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

Meh, physicals aren't necessarily a decline, they still make sense for people from third world countries like America with shitty connection.

I'm not saying physicals are decline, I'm saying consoles are.. thats why they have to "finish it" early.. because even physical pc copies usually don't have the entire game on there these days unfortunately.. even digital games on consoles need to go through certification which usually means day one patches..

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom