Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Xeon

Augur
I am pretty sure he would have rated it the lower rating of what he thought it might deserve because its indie, but if people would end up liking it then they might get bombarded like some of DOS1 reviews iirc.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It doesn't matter what the rationale is, you are supposed to rate games on their own merit, not whether they fit some arbitrary category. So this film Stalker will only appeal to a niche of art film fans so i'll rate it 7 but since super hero movies are really popular i'll rate Avengers 10. How the fuck does that even begin to make sense?

Kem0sabe

Arcane
So it will run like shit on most average computers and will be a performance disaster on consoles that are not the Xbox one X... Good job.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
mediocre story (after 30 hours so mid game - that´s why the score could be higher than 70-80)

Hm, could mean it's mediocre.

Could also mean he really misses them ancient evils trying to take over the world.
Ofc Skyrim had a much better story, right?

There is nothing more boner inducing, than some unwashed, sweaty, and probably stinking farmhand girl.
Those fancy ladies with their clean long hair and silk panties can hide in shame.

Ask any rape historian.
This is what unwashed, sweaty, and probably stinky farmgirls with purple hair actually believe in the present day. That is why they are the only ones specializing in rape studies.

Xeon

Augur
So it will run like shit on most average computers and will be a performance disaster on consoles that are not the Xbox one X... Good job.
I thought the PS one was running on the original and not a pro but yeah performance might be kinda shitty for a while at least.

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
THE MOST HISTORICALLY ACCURATE MEDIEVAL SIMULATION EXPERIENCE (alt-right approved!)

*fires 5 arrows into an enemy at point blank range as they continue to run towards me*

wow...amazing...my goty for sure

Look guise, a hater!

That's good, Burning Bridges gets some company.

Obviously only two arrows hit and the second one killed the dude. Plus in all the other previews you can see it's usually one shot-kill. But carry on!

https://youtu.be/VNXOI1ZK764?t=115

b-b-b--but all but one arrow must have missed i-i-i-i m-mean they hit but they didn't strike vital organs, hehe, yeah thats right, thats how realistic the game is! people CAN get shot 5 times in the upper chest and get stabbed a few times and continue running like nothing happened! this totally isn't Oblivion in Cryengine guys!

The guy is wearing what looks like plate, or a mixture of plate and chain. The player is not using the kind of gigantic war bow that can penetrate plate, which would be taller than Henry is. The unrealistic element here is that most of the arrows didn’t just bounce off. The player should have been skewered like a kebab by that guy. At Potiers and Agincourt there are records of French knights practically getting showered in arrows and, indeed, they kept on coming.

This is a ridiculous thing to complain about, as KCD has boasted about its armor and damage system from day one. This is not some Bethesda game where every hit does the same amount of damage. You can clearly see where the body is armored and unarmored. If you watch the full video, there are moments where he one-shots some guys by hitting them in the unarmored part of neck.

Xeon

Augur
Is Codex also reviewing the game by release?

Since one of the devs visit the forum to answer questions and promote, that means that they are interested in some of the members right. Would they not give review copy to Codex to review as well?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

What a fucking disaster holy shit. I hope this really isn't the full game.

Quoting this as I'm looking forward to this game, but holy shit is just about right. That combat looks as janky as fuck. From the boar getting an arrow in the shoulder, going mad with pain and apparently running right past the player, stopping and then presumably wandering off to look for truffles, to the two bandits behaving like rejects from Oblivion. Burning Bridges might be a bit OTT with his obsession about RPG's based around apple interaction, but you must admit the way that bandit didn't react at all to his mate running off, then stood up straight, waited a few seconds then turned around and started approaching the player with his fists raised just reeked of Skyrim. The multiple arrows in the face just sealed the deal, realistic armour excuse or not. His mate coming back and sitting in the same spot as before was also true realism, as was the Benny Hill chase that followed 10 minutes of inventory juggling. (From around 17.20)

It's tempered my expectations for sure.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Looking foward for this, still. Even would write a review if there was an opportunity.

Is this a gameplay with day one patch? Yes, this is a thing to consider watching videos before release.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
the two bandits behaving like rejects from Oblivion

What time stamp is it? I don't wanna watch the entire video.

Also there are no multiple arrows in the face, there's only one (you can even see it at the end of the segment). He clearly missed three shots.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Quoting this as I'm looking forward to this game, but holy shit is just about right. That combat looks as janky as fuck. From the boar getting an arrow in the shoulder, going mad with pain and apparently running right past the player, stopping and then presumably wandering off to look for truffles, to the two bandits behaving like rejects from Oblivion. Burning Bridges might be a bit OTT with his obsession about RPG's based around apple interaction, but you must admit the way that bandit didn't react at all to his mate running off, then stood up straight, waited a few seconds then turned around and started approaching the player with his fists raised just reeked of Skyrim. The multiple arrows in the face just sealed the deal, realistic armour excuse or not. His mate coming back and sitting in the same spot as before was also true realism, as was the Benny Hill chase that followed 10 minutes of inventory juggling. (From around 17.20)

Better question is why are bandits wearing what looks like expensive armor.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
the two bandits behaving like rejects from Oblivion

What time stamp is it? I don't wanna watch the entire video.

Also there are no multiple arrows in the face, there's only one (you can even see it at the end of the segment). He clearly missed three shots.

From 1.37 onwards. Honestly there's nothing spoilery if you watch the first 20 mins.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Didn't think the video looked that bad, rather funny actually. One bandit panics and runs away, leaving his mate there all confused :)

One thing though, there should be a penalty going into combat with a bow, when other characters are bashing you with weapons. There was a nice mod for Skyrim that fix this. If you try to fight in close quarters with the bow it would probably get destroyed or dropped, simulating that you were trying to block with it.

Xeon

Augur
Was going to say what's up with the thief coming at you bare handed even after getting shot a few times but he almost killed the player with the gauntlets.

Turisas said the crosshair[?] is present during melee but its gone during archery. Hope there is an option to enable that in.

SlamDunk

Arcane
v1.1, 1920x1080, Core i7-6900K/1080Ti with everything at Very High, motion blur off, mouse & keyboard, English audio.

Waiting for Ultra settings gameplay to appear...

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
From 1.37 onwards. Honestly there's nothing spoilery if you watch the first 20 mins.

Ok so:
1) boar - do you know how are animals programmed to react in this game? Are they supposed to be always aggressive, charging you at the first sight and then be on your dick until they die? Or are they programmed to be "afraid" when they're injured? Jumping on the least charitable explanation straight away and saying "loool such buggy, much mess!1!1!" is just retarded
2) bandits - first dude standing up like that is clearly a bug. The same dude running away without putting a fight is clearly a bug. Second dude standing up and reacting slowly is afaik a known issue that was supposed to be fixed. At least it's in the D1P patch notes ("Improved NPC reaction time"). No idea what's up with it.

So you've basically pinpointed something that may or may not be a glitch and a few genuine glitches and said the game is trash and you hate it.

I mean...you do you mate.

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Could be that the bandits had been smoking weed, and not just a little of it. Hemp was an extremely common crop in this area and time, so they probably smoked hemp ciggies all day to forget the hunger and the pain and the gonorrhoe. So the bandit kept coming back time after time fully aware that his mates were probably dead, but he just wanted that the hero had already gone and he could go on stoning himself, with their weed.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Was going to say what's up with the thief coming at you bare handed even after getting shot a few times but he almost killed the player with the gauntlets.

Turisas said the crosshair[?] is present during melee but its gone during archery. Hope there is an option to enable that in.

Probably strung out on some medieval drug.

Xeon

Augur
Dude, I wish all previewers display the fps counter like the german in that video, pretty solid of him.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Probably strung out on some medieval drug.
dwwvec.png

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy

Ok so:
1) boar - do you know how are animals programmed to react in this game? Are they supposed to be always aggressive, charging you at the first sight and then be on your dick until they die? Or are they programmed to be "afraid" when they're injured? Jumping on the least charitable explanation straight away and saying "loool such buggy, much mess!1!1!" is just retarded
2) bandits - first dude standing up like that is clearly a bug. The same dude running away without putting a fight is clearly a bug. Second dude standing up and reacting slowly is afaik a known issue that was supposed to be fixed. At least it's in the D1P patch notes ("Improved NPC reaction time"). No idea what's up with it.

So you've basically pinpointed something that may or may not be a glitch and a few genuine glitches and said the game is trash and you hate it.

I mean...you do you mate.

When you speak with someone, the first polite thing to do is take Vavras cock out of your mouth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom