Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance Pre-Release Thread [RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
My impression is that they themselves don't completely know so far how it is supposed to play, with the exception that they want it to have an as realistic as possible (in the limits of gameplay) open world.
We will see if they succeed with that (I'm a bit skeptic).

I think they have general things worked out, e.g., it has first person perspective, real-time gameplay, no magic, no monsters, open world. They also have a sketch for the setting - historical, medieval central Europe, Hussites wars, taking place in the small piece of the world but without too much scalling down the distance (though this is not confirmed it will be actually in).

What is not there is details about mechanics, e.g., horse mounting and fighting, how realistic physics will be, character progression (if any), stats (if any), cRPG mechanics (if any) etc.

Also, they probably won't have story at this point (otherwise they would probably blog about it).

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Lookie look what I've found here:

RHxg1.gif

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I hope those combat animations are a WIP. They're okay, but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Wow, looks awesome. Funny how we all shat on Dan Vavra when he was posting in that news thread, this might turn out great.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I hope those combat animations are a WIP. They're okay, but there's a lot of room for improvement.
I would rather they built an interesting story, quests and leveling system instead of improving fucking animations, which are, as you've noticed, okay. Or should they instead work on not-so-perfect tint on the armor instead?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I would rather they built an interesting story, quests and leveling system instead of improving fucking animations, which are, as you've noticed, okay. Or should they instead work on not-so-perfect tint on the armor instead?
The animators have nothing to do with any of those tasks.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Wow, looks awesome. Funny how we all shat on Dan Vavra when he was posting in that news thread, this might turn out great.

So did he get scared off or is interaction between him and the Codex still possible (future interviews, him commenting on a news thread again)?

Gord

Arcane

Well, the other thread was about mechanics, this video is showing some graphics.
Also, you know how some Codexians are...

The budget, on the other hand, does.
Improving combat animations doesn't necessarily mean increasing the number of people on the animation team.

You see 2 seconds of pre-alpha combat animations and decide that they suck?

:notsureifserious:

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Roguey
But it means more work and more money spent. I would like them to focus their efforts in the areas I find more important. Of course, if they get somebody to to touch up their combat animations for a steady supply of pizzas railway station buffet potato salad then I don't care. Code away!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Roguey
But it means more work and more money spent. I would like them to focus their efforts in the areas I find more important. Of course, if they get somebody to to touch up their combat animations for a steady supply of pizzas railway station buffet potato salad then I don't care. Code away!
That animation team is going to be there no matter what. It is literally their jobs to make animations. I'm saying I hope their job of making combat animations isn't finished yet at this early stage in development.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom