Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

King's Bounty II

Citizen

There is a game being developed that's trying to do exactly that and it looks just like nu-gen Homam. Sadly I can't recall the name, I just remember I saw a few screenshots and it looked great.

[citation needed]. I only know of this homm clone in development:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
There's even some over the shoulder town exploration in. Turn on subtitles.

That fat degenerade Logvinov - in Russia his name is synonimous with bribery, greed, selling ratings for $, readiness to lick developers' asses for pre-release copies and constantly insulting people who donate to him. He is a laughing stock and will preach that black is white is paid.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Any resident Ruski knows what the original KB dude is doing right now? They mentioned him as Dmitri something something, he's in Kaliningrad and he's a genius, with which I agree.

Eddard Stark

Educated
Any resident Ruski knows what the original KB dude is doing right now? They mentioned him as Dmitri something something, he's in Kaliningrad and he's a genius, with which I agree.

Dmitry Gusarov. Brains and heart of the old Elemental Games and Katauri (i.e. Space Rangers 1-2 and King's Bounty 2008). Sadly, as brilliant as he was/is, one of his dreams was to make a game in the vein of Ragnarok Online (don't ask), thus Royal Quest MMORPG. It was also a time when the Russian gamedev went into coma, Steam was not yet a platform as we know it and PC-retail kinda died, so publishers pulled the plug on "core games" and everyone went churning out browser nonsense, online schlock and whatnot. He then made a broswer smth called Music Wars and a small indie game Little Big Snake. I am pretty sure he pitched Master of Orion 4 to Wargaming but they went with NGD Studios, and we know how it turned out. As far as I know Dima still wants to make serious games and keeps bringing ideas to the bosses but Russian publishers are literally retards, so... I remember he was a fan of tactical jRPGs like Disgaea and Fire Emblem as well as old Final Fantasies, maybe will push in that direction. But again, you need a budget for anything serious.

As for KB 2, they are just using the name, it really looks like a remake of Ascension to the Throne (imo, a very cool and unique game and genre-mix at the time), only worse and very plain-looking. Let's hope I am wrong.

Last edited:

cruel

Cipher
What's wrong with people, who makes all those stupid decisions :( King's Bounty (The Legend and Armored Princess / Crossworlds) were such charming games, at times even addicting, people loved them. HoMM is dead, perfect opportunity to fill the niche. And they do what? Get rid of everything that made the game good and create some crap. Why?

BTW, both King's Bounty games are quite high in rankings of best turn based games ever created for PC - The Legend at spot 10 and Armored Princess at spot 15:
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/genre/userscore/turn-based/pc?view=condensed

So it's not like older games were badly rated.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For me KB: Crossworlds is in my Top 10 Best Gaem Evuh and that's a very prestigious spot as I'm a very prestigious gaemrz.

Aemar

Arcane
The original KB dude has actually been wasting his talent for almost twenty years now, creating shit content for mobile phones instead of making a comeback and capitalizing on that NWC titles nostalgia.

Mark Richard

Arcane

I think they've totally lost the plot. Realistic aesthetic, third-person camera, alignment choices. Its like a game designed for focus groups. All that's missing is a crafting system.

Last edited:

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
I really really want to be optimistic about it. Let's just hope that they don't waste too much ressources on that 3D exploration aspect. Because that is certainly something, which nobody asked for.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yep, I'm optimistic too. It's a totally different style. Good. I had more than my fill playing the same game four times plus DLCs. It's actually quite endearing and ballsy, going in a completely different direction.

So far it looks like mashup of Gothic and Homam. Conceptually I'm fine with that. Now let's hope they don't fuck up the execution.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
This doesn't look good, honestly. It reminds me of those AA 3D action games with middling budget that are quite mediocre (like Technomancer and such). It's good they are trying something new, but when it looks like another thing which we kinda already know isn't that appealing it becomes suspect.

Citizen

This doesn't look good, honestly. It reminds me of those AA 3D action games with middling budget that are quite mediocre (like Technomancer and such). It's good they are trying something new, but when it looks like another thing which we kinda already know isn't that appealing it becomes suspect.

It looks like a 100% copy of Ascention games, both gameplay- and visual-wise

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Seems okay but have to see how it plays. I like the idea that you have squad limit to prevent same unit composition for the entire game. What I don't like is that cancerous diminishing bonuses of +5% attack +1% crit. I would rather have less skill but with +20% attack or +10% crit than this jrpg shit.

jf8350143

Liturgist
“exploration is much more smoother”, showing walking animation like the character has a broken leg and arm.

"choose their hero from multiple candidates", shows the same dude in four different clothes.

This comparing to the previous games, feels like the "evolution" from fallout 2 to fallout 3.

Mazisky

Magister
i don't like this new style at all, it feels so generic.

Armored princess was cartoony but really charming, like a fairy tale

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Watched the video and it looks pretty interesting,tho not much of king's bounty,more of a "Ascension to the Throne",which in it self is pretty good turn based RPG. I have the feeling that in the end i will be happy with the game,tho not much of a King's Bounty one,but still a good turn based RPG.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Yeah, yeah guys. Only 2D sprites are good, got it.

Game is looking ok. It certainly is not 2020 AAA graphic level but it is acceptable for what is it.

The game also lloking to be more serious RPGish this time?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom