Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Knights of the Chalice 2 Released

Viata

Arcane
I think the game is definitely worth that much and I spent far more than that on the Kickstarter. But that's really a niche mentality. For the average pleb, this looks like a phone game or something. I mean, that's wrong, but most people are dumb and have terrible taste.
this is cope

it looks nothing like a mobile game because mobile game companies generally tend to hire designers

the game looks simply repulsive

ss_db5ad7d0063a5a6fe1905d8121c0e9845d720b27.1920x1080.jpg

like what the fuck is this ???

price seems delusional but tbh there is a lot of mentally ill 3.5 tards so I honestly think that the guy could have sold fine at that price if he just had a less eyerape art direction
Wasn't the game supposed to have some kind of buttons or whatever?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
What's this guy (kiefrd20) ranting about on GOG?

That's the Ellis Studios dipshit. He was trying to promote that asset rip flip thing here a year or two ago.

EDIT: Here's a link to the thread about this particular game. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/soul-of-war-inspired-by-dungeons-dragons.132310/

As an aside, stealing content and buying it from a provider who ostensibly has the rights to sell it are completely different things. That's even assuming that the work was fishdog's to begin with since he was stealing a bunch of stuff and buying asset packs as well. Other than that, not sure what he's going on about about the Watch unless he sourced his material from the Watch and (being an asset pack), it was sold to other people too, except this one was actually able to produce something worthwhile. Just an educated guess, mind you. Buddy's a fraud.

Well, who else has downloaded this game he tosses at us in the KOTC2 review: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4LRmClh8FQnbeWRiSsN9MnbOd-IgQY7/view?usp=drivesdk

Skdursh

Savant

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
I think the game is definitely worth that much and I spent far more than that on the Kickstarter. But that's really a niche mentality. For the average pleb, this looks like a phone game or something. I mean, that's wrong, but most people are dumb and have terrible taste.
this is cope

it looks nothing like a mobile game because mobile game companies generally tend to hire designers

price seems delusional but tbh there is a lot of mentally ill 3.5 tards so I honestly think that the guy could have sold fine at that price if he just had a less eyerape art direction
You can change sprites to tokens with push of a couple buttons.

EvilWolf

Learned
If I buy this can I still play it in pog mode or has that been completely scrapped in favor of isometric?

Well, who else has downloaded this game he tosses at us in the KOTC2 review: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1J4LRmClh8FQnbeWRiSsN9MnbOd-IgQY7/view?usp=drivesdk

I downloaded it a while back just for my archival storage of obscure/shovelware/abandonware RPGs but haven't actually played it yet. I did think the screens looked nice though.
I think it's ctrl+t to toggle modes. Otherwise click the second button at the top left with the chess pieces and select, I believe, "change graphics" or something like that near the bottom of the list.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmmm....

vs

Other than some similar environ assets (which could be part of the same commercial asset packs), I'm not really seeing the similarity.

Two games using an ogl 3e system isn't really very remarkable, especially as Pierre already made one over a decade ago.

ChavaiotH

Novice
this is cope

You can change to tokens in game with alt+t

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So there's only one Steam Purchaser review and it's negative.

And it's the only review that Steam's algorithm really cares about. Well... that sucks.

:hmmm:

Hopefully codexer reviews will get indexed at some point. Problem is we all got the game by key, and Steam seems to treat that differently.

ropetight

Savant

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
What's this guy (kiefrd20) ranting about on GOG?
I can not believe he stole my work, i purchased it this morning and i shut it down instantly after seeing my work in his game. i developed a game 2 years ago called soul of war lots of my scripts are in his game not to mention sounds and characters. im so sick over this. i looked through all the folders in the package, and low and behold hes got my stuff from rpgwatch in his folders. he stole my stuff. pioneer games sold my work to him. type in soul of war rpg and go to itch ull see its free. https://fishdog-games.itch.io/soul-of-war
Sounds like Prosper is jealous.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So there's only one Steam Purchaser review and it's negative.

And it's the only review that Steam's algorithm really cares about. Well... that sucks.

:hmmm:

Hopefully codexer reviews will get indexed at some point. Problem is we all got the game by key, and Steam seems to treat that differently.

Yeah key-activated copies aren't counted into the Negative-Positive percentage calculation. This is done because scammers have abused the system by giving keys to review groups who'd give positive "It's good" reviews in exchange for a free key.
The scammers have ruined it for everyone else, as usual.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Yeah key-activated copies aren't counted into the Negative-Positive percentage calculation. This is done because scammers have abused the system by giving keys to review groups who'd give positive "It's good" reviews in exchange for a free key.
The scammers have ruined it for everyone else, as usual.

Makes sense, but really sucks for games like KOTC 2 where a lot of the initial hype is going to be from the KS backers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom