Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

The Red Knight

Erudite
Did the discord sever crash just now?
Reportedly Cloudflare and some other stuff just died too.
1.0.2 fixes tons of bugs. Not many reported bugs left now.
If you could pass on a feature request: token filter where you can type a word and it will show only the tokens having it in the filename. Currently it's merely "jump to the 1st/2nd/3rd/etc. file starting with the pressed letter".

Tigranes

Arcane
I let this rest for a few days but might go again with 1.02. Given the difficulty I have no problem going full on munchkin. Have people's thoughts on best classes/builds evolved?

Personally I dig the Mantis Gladiator, and am thinking Death Knight + Cleric/Wizard/Wizard/Psion might be interesting. Still find it hard to imagine many of the hybrid classes working out.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs/posts/2896790

Update #35: KotC 2 Version 1.02 Now Available For Download! :)

Hello everyone! Version 1.02 of KotC 2 Augury of Chaos for Windows is here, and it's a massive upgrade!

To download the game, please visit: http://www.heroicfantasygames.com/DigiVendorPro/download.php

f561d983f4ebf350674786181db60556_original.jpg

List of bug fixes and additions in version 1.02
  • Fixed problems with Windows Scaling in full-screen mode. Now you can play with scaling.
  • Fixed a problem when using the left/right arrow keys while looking at the character sheets of characters not in the party during party creation.
  • Tweaked the movement animation so that AI and effects processing takes place after reaching a square (and not one frame before reaching the square, as before).
  • Fixed the [Detect Evil] dialogue option in the sequence after Pizarra is defeated.
  • Fixed the bug that prevented the party from recruiting Pizarra after the fight if any creatures had been summoned during the fight.
  • Added sound effects for Grapple attempt and Pin attempt.
  • Fixed the infinite attacks problem when using the feat Rapid Shot.
  • Fixed problems associated with the psionic power Energy Absorption.
  • If you use the spell Elemental Weapon, the game will now remember your energy-type selection.
  • Fixed a problem with the Wizard Scrolls of Summon Large Elemental, Summon Huge Elemental and Summon Gargantuan Elemental.
  • Removed the penalty from the feat Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting when the character is using only one weapon.
  • Fixed a problem with the feat Psychic Healing.
  • Fixed a problem with the Mysticism Cleric Domain.
  • Changed the shortcut key for Ranged-Weapon Reload.
  • Fixed problems with the Druid spell Shillelagh.
  • Fixed problems with the psionic power Control Body.
  • Fixed problems with Phasing and Greater Phasing weapons.
  • Fixed Krillion's dialogue and artifact rewards - please be sure to complete Krillion's quest to see what these artifacts are! :)
  • Fixed problems with the artifact trident Stormbringer.
  • If you're grappling a summoned creature and it disappears, you won't be grappling anymore.
  • Wizards using an item that provides Spell Resistance will receive the benefit.
  • Fixed a problem with the Druid's feat Wind Mastery.
  • In the battle at the Castle Gates, all enemies will now be surprised if you choose the Surprise option.
  • Fixed the description of the spell Microcosm.
  • Fixed a problem with the Champion's feat Divine Armour.
  • The spell Arcane Eye now protects against the blinding effect of Sunburst.
  • The effect of Gust of Wind and Knockback arrows now removes the Grappling condition.
  • Fixed a problem with scrolls of Resilient Grease (Psionicist).
  • Fixed problems in the help entries for psionic powers.
  • Fixed problems with the spells Transformation and Mass Transformation.
  • When you need to select an item in the inventory as part of a quest, you can select items inside bags.
  • The token of the acting character will no longer be drawn below other tokens when moving in combat.
  • Fixed the behaviour of AI enemies when there's an energy wall or other dangerous squares.
  • Last but not least, I've added a bunch of dialogue options in the fight against Pizarra. You can now have Angelic or Druidic allies! To see what they look like, you'll just have to play the game!! :)
PDF Guidebook for KotC 2 Augury of Chaos
Many thanks to Tiavals for helping with the PDF guidebook! If you would like, you can also contribute to the guidebook by replying here or by sending me an email at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.com. Thank you! Things of particular interest include:

• A ranking of the most difficult encounters.
  • The strategies and tactics that worked for your party in each encounter.
  • The artifacts that can help your party the most.
  • A ranking of the Character Classes according to their raw power level.
  • A ranking of the main Feats based on their usefulness.
  • A ranking of the Spells and Psionic Powers according to their importance.
  • A ranking of the Cleric Domain Powers, Druidic Spheres and Wizard Moons based on their usefulness.
  • A ranking of the Weapon and Armour Enchantments based on their usefulness.
  • Any other party-creation advice you can offer.
Next Steps for Knights of the Chalice 2
  • I have to work on the Mac OS versions now.
  • Adjust difficulty / create options that will make the game easier, and fix remaining bugs.
  • Send out the KotC 1 Steam keys, add KS Forum Badges, add names into the KotC 2 Credits Screen.
Thank You, Valorous Knights!! Enjoy! :)

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Double gladiators chewed everything up, if I had to do over I might swap one for a half giant fighter to see how that worked out with trips and grapples. Otherwise the double psions were roomsweepers the minute they got energy cone and it was all she wrote when they got energy wave. I'd probably still take cleric over bishop because Mass Heal is essential in the last parts. Red wizard was a death machine and even more so after he transformed, plus giving him Pizarra's mantle, wishing for the robe of the archmage from Maphistor, and buying an archmage crown gave him 6 level 9 spell slots to play with. If you take Erizmon and Pizarra you'll end up with 3 people who can cast prismatic void, 2 who can cast mass heal, and 3 who can do energy waves and tornado blast.

Oh and I would probably have the genie duplicate the executioner instead of the greatmace, the mace is awesome, but that damn axe completely destroyed several really power enemies in a few swings including Settram, the demon in the death snare, and the balor at the end.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Personally do not think Mass Heal is a compelling argument because you can buy a cheap Mass Heal wand from the last merchant in the game and 10 charges is plenty.
And if you really need to (I didn't) you can recharge it with a Star Diamond.

However, I also didn't think Bishop was particularly good, so it's a wash.
Maybe Druid is the way to go? Trying one out now. Quicksand is hilariously good.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think my next party will be Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Psion, Gladiator and Warrior

It's basically all 4 pure casters and the best 2 fighters.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I was looking at the pre-made characters, and I see the Bard is a Dwarf with 12 Charisma, giving him one song per day. How does this make sense?

Mortmal

Arcane
Like so many things in this game it's just another booby trap by Pierre.
Well said, the illusion of choices when in fact you MUST pick the best classes and races, you must do everything optional , you are forced to pick 2 companions. Nothing changes in 1.02 half giant is mandatory as you need high strengh to get erzimon out of jail, the other option is for rogue , no one wants a rogue in a party.
So Half giant(mandatory for dialog options) fighter in every party, since best feats combination by far ( trip , grapple, wade in) mantis quad wielding gladiator , and 3 pure casters to choose between evocation wizard high dex elf +raven, cleric,psion and druid. Thats all dont even look elsewhere.You need the two sub optimal companions you cant finish chapter 4 without lot of ranged blasters.

The Red Knight

Erudite
May as well put these out in their current state. Don't remember what's my Nexus password so for now it's Codex-exclusive.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6zlv88183gugbce/Tokens.zip/file - WIP square creature and player tokens + dialogue icons; high likelihood of making something look odd; backup and replace "FramedIcons"and "Tokens" folders in the "...\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics" directory (rename the files to something else if you only want to use them in the editor for own modules without replacing vanilla stuff).

http://www.mediafire.com/file/p9wgmwt424c3upe/Glows.zip/file - square shadows for square tokens; backup and replace relevant files in the "...\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Glows" directory.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kgo4pt5tsierwvf/1000x730_main_menu_scroll.zip/file - backup and replace the relevant file in the "...\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Scroll" directory to get the prosperous "Knights Chalice of 2 the" title screen.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/665kxpcu5m54swr/tokenpacks_v3.zip/file - a few more tokens for the module editor (99.9% squares; feel free to further process them if you need circles). Throw tokens you want directly into the "...\Knights of the Chalice 2\Graphics\Tokens" directory (and/or into the "PlayerCharacter" folder in there if you want to use anything for player characters).
Game token pack #1: (hotkey: A)
* Age of Wonders | Avernum series | Black Sect | Dungeon Master Nexus | Kingdom Under Fire (round tokens) | Majesty | Rival Realms | Stronghold | Warlords 3

Game token pack #2: (hotkey: B)
* Amulets & Armor | Blood & Magic | Dragons of FLame | Dungeon Hack | Fantasy Empires | Fantasy General | Realmz (including sprites) | Warlords 2 | Warwind
* i.e. pixely stuff

Monochrome token pack #1: (hotkey: C)
* Discord Times | Fantasy Dimension | Persian Wars | Wargame Project <- all four in parchment (original) and black & white versions (prefix: C4,C0)
* various fantasy black & white and sketch tokens (prefix: C1,C2)

Drawing token pack #1 (hotkey: D)
* a mixed bag of various drawings

Drawing token pack #2 (hotkey: E)
* a small amount of tokens (mostly historical Turkish army and American Indians)

Fantasy art token pack #1 (hotkey: F)
* a mixed bag of old-style D&D art and other stuff that looked similar

Fantasy art token pack #2 (hotkey: G)
* lots of stuff that looked like oil paintings / IWD art (at least before resizing and cropping)

Realistic-looking token pack #1 (hotkey: H)
* some tokens that didn't fit into the pack below

Realistic-looking token pack #2 (hotkey: I)
* includes some photos/LARPers
* includes Discord Times color tokens (prefix: I0)

Fantasy art token pack #3 (hotkey: J)
* includes some stuff that looked like 3D renders and/or didn't fit into the above packs

CJF3A4C.png

hIQt1io.png

yE62PWy.png

It's mostly Human- and Humanlike-centric and may both contain races/monsters not available (yet) in KotC2, and lack those already present.

Some stuff is likely mislabelled or misplaced or duplicated (and the labels themselves are purposefully generic/ambiguous) - if something is too jarring I may eventually move/rename/delete it, but I'm burnt out for now.

Use the A-J keys to jump to specific packs inside the token selection menu.

Additionally, there's a "...\Knights of the Chalice 2\Modules\MODULE-NAME-HERE\CreatureTokens" directory - files put there will only show up for that specific module in the editor.

I don't have a credits list for the hundreds of artists involved, apologies to them.

Tip #1: At least on Windows, you can use "Sort by -> More..." to enable sorting by height, width or dimensions - so you can kill your PlayerCharacter folder with just the 64x64 tokens.

Tip #2: You can remove the prefix letters (tell some batch-renaming program to cut off first 3-4 characters, depending on the pack) if you want tokens with the same keywords from different packs grouped together; the ID numbers for the same keywords should be consecutive across all packs if I haven't made a mistake somewhere.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
*reads 3 pages of AD&D grapple rules from the internet*

Why tf would I ever want to grapple someone
What does it DO?

A lot of stuff. Main useful things:

It fucks over spellcasters (no spells with somatic components, in PF they changed this to a massive concentration check instead, but effect is much the same), it stops movement, it reduces AC, you can't threaten whilst grappled so no AOOs, they can only attack with naturals unarmed or light weapons and at -4 to attack.

tl;dr it fucks things over.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yeah, it's a weird rule, as it usually makes a lot more sense for the enemies to do it: if your party of 4 is facing 20 zombies and one grabs your mage, you're fucked. But grabbing a zombie with your warrior is kinda pointless.

In this module it might be useful to stop a caster that can easily fuck things up with a single spell and can't be easily killed.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, it's a weird rule, as it usually makes a lot more sense for the enemies to do it: if your party of 4 is facing 20 zombies and one grabs your mage, you're fucked. But grabbing a zombie with your warrior is kinda pointless.

In this module it might be useful to stop a caster that can easily fuck things up with a single spell and can't be easily killed.

Yeah it's quite situational, but grapple is a useful tool in the martial toolkit. One that people often forget about.

If you apply it well it can totally change the dynamic of a fight that's going poorly.

Mortmal

Arcane
Any 6 man rpg will be made up of 2 melee/2 casters and a dedicated healer, don’t see anything outrageous about that
8 man rpg , 6 casters 2 melee . 3/4 of the classes and races not worth looking at , its a bit outrageous.

Latro

Arcane
Par the course for min-maxing. Is race really that significant? Tweed beat the game with kobold meme team....

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom