Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

cruelio

Savant
DID SOMEONE SAY RAT PEOPLE

SORRY MY LEVEL 2 SCRUBLORDS ARE TOO BUSY GETTING WRECKED BY A LEVEL 10 MINOTAUR MAGE
The level 10 minotaur mage is what convinced me Pierre, despite obviously giving a lot of thought to his twist on 3E stuff, nonetheless had no idea what he was doing.

cruelio

Savant
But anyway if you skip or somehow beat the level 10 minotaur mage there's an easy fight and then an easy puzzle and then rat people and then more stupid shit.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
if you didn't have to spend money on level up you could probably just enchant yourself to high SR and trivialize the module pretty quickly.
I tried spending gold on two armor upgrades that give 27 spell resistance. Those two guys still get completely wrecked by casters, and I haven't even been past the goblin king, a level 13 dude with Spell Penetration and Greater Spell Penetration, in case you though spell resistance would protect you from empowered Ice Storm. I thought they'd have a 45% chance of resisting, but he just rolls whatever he needs anyway.

cruelio

Savant
Just grease him and summon a skeleton or an elemental bro, he ain't hard.
IIRC he's got a +5 reflex save so you don't get great odds on greasing him even with 20 int wizard and since he's large size the grease has to target his entire token so he doesn't get a bonus to the save, and there's the fact that your wizard has gotten webbed thanks to his surprise round. Then you have to out skill his mirror image and blur prebuffs. Anything's possible with the reload spell I guess.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Pierre "CR is more like a suggestion" Baguette

If you skip the mage with high strength, a Half-Giant or a search check you'll really feel the missing XP, too.
He gives a lot more XP than the centipedes?

cruelio

Savant
I think the fact that the minotaur shows up prebuffed with mirror image and blur is what makes him really insulting. Like the surprise round and him being a level 10 wizard on a minotaur chasis wasn't enough.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
IRC he's got a +5 reflex save so you don't get great odds on greasing him even with 20 int wizard and since he's large size the grease has to target his entire token so he doesn't get a bonus to the save, and there's the fact that your wizard has gotten webbed thanks to his surprise round. Anything's possible with the reload spell I guess.

The odss aren't that bad and that's what the summons are for, strip his mirror images and he'll fall over.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
IIRC he's got a +5 reflex save so you don't get great odds on greasing him even with 20 int wizard and since he's large size the grease has to target his entire token so he doesn't get a bonus to the save, and there's the fact that your wizard has gotten webbed thanks to his surprise round. Then you have to out skill his mirror image and blur prebuffs. Anything's possible with the reload spell I guess.
50-60% is "great odds" to me. At least in this game.

cruelio

Savant
50-60% is "great odds" to me. At least in this game.
This is your brain on Pierre, folks.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Have fun fighting 6 centipedes, 2 of which cast 20 damage AoE acid splash while your characters are 1 HP from fighting slimes and a minotaur.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Have fun fighting 6 centipedes, 2 of which cast 20 damage AoE acid splash while your characters are 1 HP from fighting slimes and a minotaur.
This is what I was thinking about. No equipment. No HP left. That's why I figured that people fighting the minotaur were doing that instead of the centipedes. What the fuck is wrong with Pierre? Can your guys at least use a Grease spell for lube?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

202007181905041.jpg

you were saying

if this frogfucker has ever played this game legit even once from start to finish then i am mother theresa of fucking calcutta

edit: ALL ACCORDING TO PLAN

WE ADVANCE MEN, FOR THE EMPRAH

202007181922091.jpg

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
If you spend your level up gold with the ratmen you can generously rest twice!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom