Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
kfNPM5P.jpg

Updated the art pack with 130 new tokens, now covering all races, as well as better class art, to show more of the exotic races: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14P67kzFH0dJw2Ek0zetZORcXkRar_7cC/view?usp=sharing

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i still haven't gotten my email download link yet... i've gotten all of the previous kickstarter updates so i know it works, but last one was in july 2nd and nothing after.

any way i can contact pierre?
Did you try the method that was mentioned earlier ITT?
If you backed through Kickstarter and you have an account on his site you can log in to the customer page and the game should be there. If you don't have an account you can request a password reset using the email you used to back the Kickstarter.

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
In my case I didn't receive an email because Pierre got a mail error when trying to send it to me. Perhaps a problem with t-online.de or whatever. In the end he told me my password per PM on his site.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Killed the shark shaman, got an achievement, the 3 items on floor are kinda useless ( amulet of natural armor +1 ) but there is a secret alchove, inside there was an easy math riddle, a bag with 10 inventory slots, a really nice robe and a secret message/puzzle that seems crazy hard, it is the one with the strange symbols but there are 0 hints / known letters! What could it be?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
OK so for those of you who needs/wants cheats! yes if you don't like cheats stop reading!
Note that I am not responsible if this fucks your savegame game. ( might need to reinstall if you fuck with it too much )

load your save game, press alt+a ( this will open the module editor )
Press V ( this will open the creature editor )
Pick the option at the bottom right "load creature file"
Press backspace twice to go to your main KOTC folder, then pick the "Saves" folder ( double click ) and then your save folder ( probably the first on the list ) inside you'll find savechar.cml , double click it.
You will now find all your characters and you have the options to edit them (edit selected creature ) change whatever you like - hp, ability scores, feats, spells, level up - whatever. You can even add more companions.
When your done , click save creature file AND MAKE SURE YOU PICK YOUR SAVEGAME FILE AGAIN OR YOU WILL FUCK THE GAME ( press parent directory button twice, saves, yoursave folder, savechar.cml double click confirm )
Press cancel and alt+a again.

Good luck.

That works? It kinda fucks with the savegame for me.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Judging from what the conversation is focused on, should Pierre forget about sprites, because tokens are fine, and put all the KS money into making the game playable?

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Ok, I take it back, the puzzle wasn't that hard, when I completed it I got a new quest! to dig a treasure in the sewers and I'll need a shovel. The plot thickens...

benzine

Novice
Judging from what the conversation is focused on, should Pierre forget about sprites, because tokens are fine, and put all the KS money into making the game playable?
I'd consider the sprites later priority, because unless you spend time editing the module it's hard to get past a few spots that keeps crashing, and that's a giant no-no.

Mortmal

Arcane
Sprites are useless, tokens are moddable. Priority is to fix the game countless bugs , rebalance every single encounters, and add the kickstarter classes.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Pierre mentioned that he'll fix bugs, but I think we all assumed that. Has he mentioned whether he plans to rebalance the game? At least change the Easy mode to give +4 init and +4 on strength checks and no XP penalty. That way, I can get turns, and not get grappled/swallowed or stuck in web for 3 turns in a row. Having to waste one turn breaking free is bad enough.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pierre mentioned that he'll fix bugs, but I think we all assumed that. Has he mentioned whether he plans to rebalance the game? At least change the Easy mode to give +4 init and +4 on strength checks and no XP penalty. That way, I can get turns, and not get grappled/swallowed or stuck in web for 3 turns in a row. Having to waste one turn breaking free is bad enough.

He said he is going to implement an option ( but that could be months from now ) that will give you an extra feat every odd level ( like pathfinder ) instead of every third level.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
oh... it was actually there since yesterday, it was from HeroicFantasyGames and not from Kickstarter. oops.

downloading now. I just thought the DL link would be from kickstarter which is why I hadn't noticed.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The module needs a full encounter rebalance, not merely a buff to player stats. As I said, I'm playing with cheat engined all 18s and that's not nearly a good enough advantage to offset the sheer buttrape you're confronted with.

The main issues are:
- you always have suboptimal equipment as you have to run with whatever you can find/buy from a pitifully small amount of merchants, who only have a very limited inventory; there is no generic merchant who can sell you generic non-magical versions of weapons and armors so if you design your characters around certain weapons, you're shit outta luck until you find one such weapon; my dual-wielding gladiator had to use a two-handed flail until I finished all the sarcophagi because I simply didn't have any one-handed weapons before that (other than one longsword for my sword-and-shield fighter); merely having an NPC that can sell you generic weapons of all types would fix that
- in some fights, enemies get surprise rounds and fuck you over, like the minotaur wizard who's already super strong at the level you face him at, but with his surprise round he can throw a web at you and there's nothing you can do to prevent him from doing it because no matter how good your initiative, he gets a free turn before you even act
- enemies are always higher level than your party, and usually they outnumber you, too, so you always fight with the cards stacked against you, and then you don't even get an opportunity to rest between these fights; usually, there'd be some low to medium difficulty encounters to soften you up and drain your resources, followed by a hardcore encounter that makes you use everything you have left; here, every encounter is like that; it would help to either downscale the level of some opponents, or reduce their number
- in addition to using up your resources (HP, psi points, spell slots), many enemies have stat drain or even level drain (that fucking vampire) attacks which make subsequent fights even harder, which creates a doom spiral of being ever less prepared for ever more difficult encounters
- there are a few encounters with particularly nasty circumstances (the underwater fight, the fire cave fight) where the environment harms you every single turn while the enemy is immune, and you're also forced to go into this with only two characters; if you don't have the right classes, these fights are impossible, and even if you do they're exceptionally difficult

None of this would be fixed by an easy mode that adds +2 to every player stat or something. The fights would still be fundamentally unfair by giving the enemy way more tools than you'll ever have.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
- you always have suboptimal equipment as you have to run with whatever you can find/buy from a pitifully small amount of merchants, who only have a very limited inventory; there is no generic merchant who can sell you generic non-magical versions of weapons and armors so if you design your characters around certain weapons, you're shit outta luck until you find one such weapon

Can't you just craft what you need?, you can even do it on the first room

benzine

Novice
Isn't crafting only possible when you trade with an NPC?
I guess he meant with the editor:hmmm: I always stormed in so I have no idea :dead:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Isn't crafting only possible when you trade with an NPC?

Yes, you can trade with the cleric in the first room
Yeah but they take all your equipment, so it doesn’t even matter haha.

Don't you get it back later? Yanos tells you he is hiding your gear not destroying it. Pretty sure everything taken from you is recoverable.

Yes you get it back after the crypt fights, but that means having to beat
- the minotaur if you don't manage to pass a ridiculous 20 DC spot check
- the mimics and animated portcullis
- the elementals that spawn when you pick up the book
- the undead in the five sarcophagi, which includes ghosts that can drain your STR, mummies that can drain your CON, a vampire that can drain levels, and a fucking bone dragon
beforehand.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Looks like the SJWs already arrived to shit on KotC2's monocled design decisions:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

tl;dr: someone who claims not to be a rabid progressive gets overly emotional about KotC2 giving different stat bonuses to male and female characters, and when I defend the game's decision he calls me a retarded troglodyte.
Is this creature even realize that even with slightly less strength minmaxed female fighter is still in ubermensch territory?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom