Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Noddy

Augur
A year from now we'll be demanding a mode that makes the game play like this because we'll be too strong and manly for a patched version.

Has anyone cleared out that secret room with the mummy bishop and vampire mages and all that other shit? Because I'm seriously considering saying fuck that, they have such high init they always win the first go, darkness, curse, vampire blast, smite, holy light, and then you're surrounded skeletons with reach weapons.

The black grimoire room? The book told me to go seek more books or something and dropped a couple of scrolls.

Can anyone confirm that the Shake it Off fighter feats chain is working as intended? I have a fighter with all three of them but I don't see any free saving throw at the beginning of his turn when he has the "held" condition from the hold person spell.

Have it and i've never seen it trigger.

It's a pity, because to me that seems the fighter's best feature.

Wade in my dude. Holy fuck wade in. Lemme just walk half way across the map and hit you 10 times for 400 damage.
Would start with a monk and fighter just for this feat tbh. It's fucking retarded.

Has anyone else gotten this far yet? Anyone else trying to get the last key in the death snare room?
You're still way ahead of me. How big are these sewers? I wanna go use the merchant rest but i'm worried there's still shit to do.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
FYI once you finish the last room you come out in the dragon room so if you haven't dealt with those who show up there later you may want to clear them ahead of time, you also get one campfire.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
The black grimoire room? The book told me to go seek more books or something and dropped a couple of scrolls.

Nah, this is one of two secret rooms in the upper sewers, it's full of undead who have amazingly high initiative scores and cast tons of bullshit on you before you ever get a chance to do anything.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Mantis now has 8 attacks, 2 with each weapon, 4 weapons. Other melee have 2...

Shame the game doesn't support multiclassing then you could get up to some sneak die bullshit with that many attacks.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Has anyone else gotten this far yet?

I am still at character creation

So if you don't have a small character, can you go to the narrow passage in the pool room at the start? the only other option is to use a "reduce" scroll, but there aren't any? having the spell in your spellbook doesn't help either

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
The hags seem to be restocking their potions at certain points, I've stocked up on cleansing, heroism, stoneskins, etc. Getting ready to finally take them out though and get a reward from Mephistor, not sure what to pick though, probably a robe of the archmage since I always need more spell slots.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is randomized point buy the worst way ever conceived for generating ability scores? The race-limited points already make sure you can't get straight 18s, so randomizing how the points are spent just seems cruel.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Hag bitches went down easy, but I blew up the tome of the dead in the process, I hope this does not come back to bite me on the ass later.

Noddy

Augur
Is randomized point buy the worst way ever conceived for generating ability scores?
At least he lets you lock a stat.
You've goto be thankful for the little things Pierre gives you.

Hag bitches went down easy, but I blew up the tome of the dead in the process, I hope this does not come back to bite me on the ass later.
It dropped after the fight for me. I wonder what we did differently.

Mortmal

Arcane
lolmao just push the CR 18 golem into the pool of acid; then you only need to worry about the cubes.
Just.. You need a character specced for that with superior strengh some party composition wont be able to do that.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Made it to Gleegold Keep, the entire party wiped out without ever getting a single move and that's with an alleged surprise round in my favor except that for some reason my party was surprised to. Oh, but Pierre, being the paragon of virtue and overflowing with the milk of humankindness as he is allows you to forgo this, advantage, to put your enemies on even footing and make things farier with a bonus of 2000 more experience per party member, how gracious!

The game is over.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Lol, I just noticed you can change your feats and spells in the middle of combat whenever you want, even between attacks while making full round attacks... got grappled? take improve grapple. for 1 turn. want to try disarming someone? take improve disarm! need a mute spell on the fly? easy as pie! got silenced but you don't have the meta magic feat silent spell? I got you bro.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
People here fighting hydras and dragons and I can't get past the third encounter because two shitheads can't stop summoning monsters with 40 hp. My only chance is to win the initiative with everyone, spam summon elemental (water), hope that the elementals decide to go for their daze ability AND hope that everybody fails his save.

What the fuck.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
People here fighting hydras and dragons and I can't get past the third encounter because two shitheads can't stop summoning monsters with 40 hp. My only chance is to win the initiative with everyone, spam summon elemental (water), hope that the elementals decide to go for their daze ability AND hope that everybody fails his save.

What the fuck.

If by third encounter you mean the one against the cultists, you pretty much have to use the scrolls you find previously. Web proved to be very effective.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
You know what's fun? When you have a party that can reliably kill both goblin armies at once, only to be stuck in an infinite loop every fight because PIERRE decided that goblins that die while swallowed by their own fucking frogs get stuck at -16 HP but alive, making the encounter unwinnable.

Three times in a row. The fight takes a fucking 45 minutes!

For fuck's sake, I just want to document what winning that fight gains you!

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron

What the fuck.

If by third encounter you mean the one against the cultists, you pretty much have to use the scrolls you find previously. Web proved to be very effective.
If it is the cultist one, even the lieutenant one, it shouldn't be third, more like sixth or seventh.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Pierre, why do you do this to me? I've won the fight FOUR TIMES now.

2a70e01bb320b1e4835b3459907a5e81.jpg

It's reliable, too. IF a goblin or frog die WHILE BEING SWALLOWED (due to the damage they take from being digested) they will exist in limbo and make the encounter unwinnable.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I'm giving up... just gonna keep going with one of my "won fight without help" saves. I have one for Greens and one for Blues. I recommend helping Blue because the cloak is IMO better, they give more gold, and you get the extra goblin king fight.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom