Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Cool. Didn't know that. Still, I'll always stick with Human for Monk. Sub-races for Human help a lot with stats, plus the extra feat is very valuable.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
I forget what it is but there's something about Mantis that makes Monk a little meh, at least until late. Low STR? Has DEX-to-dam been added? Mantis is ideal for Rogue and does some good things w/ Bard.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I forget what it is but there's something about Mantis that makes Monk a little meh, at least until late. Low STR? Has DEX-to-dam been added? Mantis is ideal for Rogue and does some good things w/ Bard.
It's the low str that gets me. Plus it doesn't give you an extra feat to play with, which monk really wants since it doesn't really get that many feats. Regarding Dex to damage, yeah, I believe that's been added. It's one of the new class kits for monk. Rogue has similar class kit too.

jungl

Augur
human monks now can now be stunning fist bots which could be superior to grapple and damage monks.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
human monks now can now be stunning fist bots which could be superior to grapple and damage monks.
What's the build for stunning fist? I don't remember if I tried it or not.
just a human with highest wisdom score possible and now with the new feat that lets you stun just about everything.
Was doing a lot of Stunning Fist already on the Companion Monk before the updates. Swift/Move Grapple, Standard Stun, Full Flurry depending on if a Move was needed. Only thing really missing was Word of Honor and if any class should have it it should be Monk. Ended up with a Word of Honor/Grappling slot and Champion/Pal just fit that better since you can Grapple with a Shield but don't hit all that hard.

Mauman

Learned
Yes, and I played one through recently and posted above about it.

TLDR - it compares favorably with a mantis fighter with strength increasing weapons. Better in some ways, worse in others. Both highly recommended. To get it to that level you have a to rely on a high level of crafting though, which may not be viable for some.

edit - oh hey new patch....epic feats....

oh my.

Last edited:

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.46
Hello everyone! Here is version 1.46 of Knights of the Chalice 2.

The main change is the addition of 18 Epic Feats. I've also added a couple of new feats for the Champion and improved the tooltip when adding enchantments to weapons and armour.

If you find any bugs, please drop me a line at enquiries@heroicfantasygames.comso that I can fix the game quickly. A saved game would be useful, too. Thank you!!

Here's the list of changes in version 1.46:

• Fixed a crash when levelling up a Swashbuckler from level 13 to level 14.
  • Fixed a bug when healing a character out of combat while exploring a map with the Underwater, Freezing or Sweltering property.
  • Mousing over weapon and armour enchantments will now display a tooltip with some information about each enchantment.
  • Added the 18 Epic Feats. Please see https://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Feats.htm for details.
  • Added two new feats for the Champion: Divine Fortune and Improved Armour Of Bravery. Please see https://www.heroicfantasygames.com/FWE/Pages/FWE_Champion.htm for details.
  • Creatures built using the Creature Wizard that have feats which reduce the level of certain spells (e.g. Divine Fortune) will now receive these spells automatically.
  • Updated the webpages for the Mage Knight, Paladin, Champion, and Feats on the website www.heroicfantasygames.com.
  • Corrected an error in the help entry for the Mage Knight feat Greater Stoneskin.
  • Fixed a broken link to the help entry for the Mage Knight feat Improved Suppress Sword.
  • Improved the in-game help entries for the Wizard/Sorcerer Transformation, Critical Hits, Improved Flanking, Greater Flanking, Flanking and Flanked.
  • Improved many of the help entries for feats by adding links to related help entries.
Thank You, Dear Champions of the Realm! Enjoy!! :)

Acrux

Arcane
I was going to start Harkenwold today, but I wasn't sure if the incremental updates would bork it. Will it be okay to start?

Dorateen

Arcane
I think these past couple of updates are OK. There might have been an issue previously when he added new spells withe Barbarian and rogue updates, which needed to be added to the module. But simply including new feats should not be a problem. Hearkenwold doesn't reach epic levels anyway.

Mauman

Learned
I think these past couple of updates are OK. There might have been an issue previously when he added new spells withe Barbarian and rogue updates, which needed to be added to the module. But simply including new feats should not be a problem. Hearkenwold doesn't reach epic levels anyway.
Well, the main game doesn't either (unless you're doing some weird solo shit or saving xp till doomsday, both are not normal).

I'm kinda surprised he'd release epic feats at this point.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Well, the main game doesn't either (unless you're doing some weird solo shit or saving xp till doomsday, both are not normal).

I'm kinda surprised he'd release epic feats at this point.

I think the next modules will be Level 10, then 10+20 and then 20+ so he's planning ahead, probably also adding everything he wants to in order to attract modders.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
How many companions in the main campaign?And how to recruit them?

8+1

Info regarding companions from guidebook, spoilers:

Augury of Chaos has recruitable companions you can use. Although you can create
up to six characters to start with, later on your party size can increase to eight.
Note that you will always be able to recruit a new companion, even if you already have
eight party members. But then you will have to decide which characters should be
active or inactive, so that your party size does not exceed the maximum.
If you don’t want spoilers, skip this section. In case you want a bit of information, but
not too much, the information has been layered in the following order: Number of
companions, what class they are, what race they are, when can they be accessed, where
are they precisely found, who are they.
Now, as for the companions, there are eight of them. Five of them can be met during
the Prologue while the three others can be met afterwards. The last three companions
have more dialogue than the five first ones, so you may want to activate them when
you get them, possibly in replacement of companions recruited earlier.
The classes of the first five companions are Barbarian, Monk, Druid (Fire sphere),
Druid (Water sphere) and Storm Warrior.
The classes of the last three companions are Sorcerer (Phoenix attunement), Paladin,
and Warlock.
The races of the first five companions are Toughbone Half-Giant (Barbarian), Mul
Human (Monk), Fire Drake (Fire Druid), Stone Mantis (Water Druid), and Water Elemental (Storm Warrior).

The races of the last three companions are Kobold (Sorcerer), Succubus (Paladin), and
Moon Elf (Warlock).
You can get the first five companions from level 1.
You can get the Kobold at around level 4-6, depending on the order you do things.
You can get the Succubus at around level 9 at earliest, at around 10 in all likelihood.
You can get the Warlock at around level 10.
The Barbarian can be found inside the inn of the Golden Griffon in Finchbury. If you
want him to join your party, you will have to defeat him in single combat.
The Monk can be found inside the inn after the party has spent time resting. He will
only join you if your party already comprises a Wizard or Sorcerer with the Phoenix
attunement, a Cleric or Bishop with the Sun or Fire domain, or a Fire Druid.
The Fire Druid can be found in the Mysterious Cave right when you enter the area,
and you can get him after you’ve defeated his enemy, the Water Druid Zalapha.
The Water Druid can be found in the Mysterious Cave near the river of lava, and you
can get her after you’ve defeated her enemy, the Fire Druid Sardabbras.

The Storm Warrior is a friend of the Water Druid. You’ll get him when the Water
Druid joins you.
The Kobold is found at the Grey Goblin holding cell. His name is Erzimon. You need
to free him.
The Succubus has been turned into a stone statue by a coven of hideous hags. You’ll
need to restore her back to flesh to recruit her, which means either helping the crones,
or slaying them, or both.
The Warlock can be found at the beginning of Chapter 3, after the huge battle.
Jorad the Toughbone Half-Giant is Neutral Good. He’s enjoying drinks at the inn of
the Golden Griffon. Jorad has Strength 20 and Constitution 18, which are ideal ability
scores for a Barbarian. Of special interest is the weapon that he’s holding. It’s the
artifact Waraxe Bloodlust. Bloodlust has an expanded Critical Hit range of 19-20.
Xantrix the Mul is a Lawful Neutral Monk from Salamandora. Xantrix has Strength
20, Constitution 16 and Wisdom 18. Xantrix has a special power, a Sun Bolt
Spell-Like Ability that can be used two times per day. This power benefits from the
character’s Zen Archery feat.
If any character in your party completes the Elemental Transformation ritual later on,
talk to Xantrix afterwards. His Sun Bolt will improve from a standard-action ability to
a move-action ability and the number of uses per day will increase from two to three.
In addition, Xantrix will receive a +5 increase in maximum Hit Points. Each party
member will receive 100 Experience Points.

Sardabbras is a Neutral Evil Fire Drake Druid. He has been planning to summon an
army of Fire Elementals from the lava rift underneath the village of Finchbury. His
plan has failed to come to fruition because of the intervention of a Water Druid.
Sardabbras has Strength 20, Constitution 18 and Wisdom 13. He worships the elemental sphere of Fire. As a Fire Drake, he has a Cone of Fire Breath Weapon. Even
though Sardabbras is a Druid, he’s a competent melee warrior thanks to his extremely
high Strength.
Zalapha is a Stone Mantis Water Druid currently watching over the lava rift for any
sign of invasion by Fire creatures during the Full Moon phase of Phoenix. She is
Neutral Good and she has Strength 14, Dexterity 20 and Wisdom 18. The high
Wisdom score and the Water Sphere will make Zalapha a powerful healer at higher
levels. As a Stone Mantis, Zalapha has a +4 Natural Armour bonus to Armour Class.
Driaghan the Water Elemental Storm Warrior is True Neutral. He is the loyal companion of Zalapha. Driaghan has Strength 17 and Wisdom 19. As a Water Elemental,
Driaghan has the subtypes Water, Extraplanar, Stable and Snake. The Water subtype
makes Driaghan an excellent warrior in environments requiring the party to swim or
fight underwater.
He is also immune to stunning, sleep, paralysis, hampering, flanking, disease, critical
hits, ability damage, and ability drain. However, he has a Fire Damage Vulnerability,
meaning that all Fire Damage received by him is increased by 50%.
Finally, Driaghan has a +6 Natural Armour bonus to Armour Class and he can
activate a Daze Monster spell-like ability as a move action three times per day.

Erzimon the Kobold Sorcerer is a Lawful Good hero who has been imprisoned by the
Grey Goblins. He’s a Red Wizard, thus he will get the Phoenix moon Elemental Transformation at level 15. His highest ability score is Intelligence, thus his sorcery is
focused on wizardly magic, and his clerical magic is meant for supporting.
Asharzaelle the Succubus Paladin is likewise Lawful Good, but has been turned to
stone by crones. She has a racial Succubus Hit Dice, which makes her somewhat lesser
as a Paladin spell-wise, but she has natural access to the spells Enervation and
Dominate Person.
Her Charisma is extremely high, making her very powerful at Smite Evil. She has the
ability to fly, meaning she is unaffected by ground-type terrain spells like Web.
Pizarra the elf Warlock is True Neutral. She works for the main evil guy until you
defeat her in combat. Should you give her mercy, she will join your group (don’t worry,
she won’t betray you).
She has an extremely high Intelligence and Charisma, which makes her a superb
Wizard and she’ll have a decent amount of Power Points. Her Wisdom isn’t bad either,
so she’s good at Psionics. She has the Arcane Transmutation feat, allowing her to
change the element of her Arcane damage spells.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Any differences between the GoG and Steam versions? Thx
For any other game on GOG I would say slower update time, but in this one, I believe the thing updates at the same time as steam, other games take weeks to keep up to date. This guy is a machine.

barricade

Educated
finally bought it, avoided it all this time because i was disappointed in kotc1. kotc1 was challenging in the very beginning, then the game was filled with boring/unchallenging fights almost until the end.

i was afraid that kotc2 would be as unchallenging as the first one. (i know you're already hard triggered at this point, it's ok, these are just video games)

but anyway, i was wrong. that kotc2 prologue alone had more challenging fights than the entire kotc1, awesome.

haven't beat that game yet, i'm in the sewers right after that fight with the goblins in the arena (grey goblins vs the green ones). almost every fights have been challenging so far (playing in archmage mode, removed the gold cost lvl up), the fight vs the sea hags was brutal, no idea what i did wrong but that was a nightmare.

from what i've seen so far kotc2 is superior to the first one.
i don't know what makes people think kotc1 is a better game (*cough* nostalgia *cough*) since this one has more classes, orgasmic character creation, it's also way more challenging, and it has a better encounter design (haven't finished the game tho, but i'm already having more fun with kotc2 encounters than kotc1).
always thought that the fights vs wizards in kotc1 were a complete joke, it was too easy to one shot them and they always acted like they just discovered they were wizards. kotc2 is much better on that aspect, fights vs psionicists are cool too.

on the other hand, itemization is complete bullshit. the game is throwing way too many OP items in your face, like all the time, ALL THE TIME. what's the whole point? i thought pierre were interested in making a hardcore crpg, in the end the game is half hardcore/half casual. so i'm forced to avoid most items i find here and there.

the game is also constantly giving you items that you need at the moment you find them. like that fight vs the large fire elemental/fire salamander/fire snakes in the furnace room, they all have have 50% cold vulnerability, and RIGHT BEFORE this fight the game is giving you a frost wand of ice blast, how convenient lol.
i'd like to tell pierre that it's ok, i don't need you to hold my hand.
so since i love challenge i, once again, have to ignore those items. but it's annoying.
there's also that demonslayer sword, that sword is dealing more damages to outsider creatures. how convenient! there's outsiders right after you get that sword.
am i gonna have to avoid like each and every weapon i find in this game or what?
that chaos pool that raises abilities/saving throws for free also was unnecessary.

AI (on thorough mode) is sometimes great, sometimes completely retarded. sewers are filled with fucked up barbarian goblins casting spider animal spirit when it's not even needed, some wizards also decided it was a great idea to cast web and to cast a fireball right after in order to free my team so we're free to kill him LOL.
there also was that autistic stormwarrior who remained in the back, far from action, casting freedom of movement 2 rounds in a raw for no reason, the guy didn't even move the whole fight, didn't even tried to attack us, like wtf.
fortunately, AI is great most of the time.

just like in kotc1, some feats are way too strong, so strong it's not even fun to use them (cleave, great cleave). i don't know if it's just me but investing in grapple makes things too easy sometimes, grapple if OP af, not using it anymore.

last but not least, i might have shit taste idk, but i love the graphics, sprites are cool too, and i'm in love with the menu design, most item icons are good looking too, i'm having fun with inventory management.

kotc2 isn't perfect, haven't finished it yet but it might be my favorite tactical crpg so far.

FriendlyMerchant

Huge update just dropped:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1233530/view/3306228436942762063
Also he finally fixed steam achievements not unlocking for Archmage difficulty.
XPeD4oF.png

Now this is nice.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
i don't know if it's just me but investing in grapple makes things too easy sometimes, grapple if OP af, not using it anymore.
you will.

which party you are running you are probably the first person I have seen that finds kotc2 archmage too easy for the first playthrough

barricade

Educated
i don't know if it's just me but investing in grapple makes things too easy sometimes, grapple if OP af, not using it anymore.
you will.

which party you are running you are probably the first person I have seen that finds kotc2 archmage too easy for the first playthrough

bard/fighter/barbarian/wizard/mage knight/psionicist

archmage mode is not too easy. what i meant was that if i start using grapple on some high level enemies it's turning them into peasants. if i encounter high level creatures i want them to spank me hard, so i'm not using feats such as grapple in order to make things more challenging.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom