Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Arthandas

Prophet
300 pages and no Codex review? What am I not paying you for?!

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
I read it... I also read the RPGWatch review too that was posted. I like reading the different opinions people have on Chalice 2. It's a hardcore turn based game that doesn't pull any punches in kicking you in the stomach, taking your lunch money, then doing it again because fuck you; just as how Pierre envisioned. Probably going to go down as one of the greats if people are willing to look past the graphics.

overtenemy

Augur

Auras don't work across water like the long 5 feet large pools running in the sewers.
Same if you are in the pool and your target isn't or vice versa.
Height difference might also affect the auras.

No water. And like I said in the edits I played the same fights before and after a levelup from 17 to 18. Same exact squares used in the same exact fights. I'm also able to replicate it on different saves (though of the same game.)

FriendlyMerchant

Has Pierre fixed the prologue so it can be instantly skipped yet? It was better when I didn't have to do it to get to the real campaign.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Has Pierre fixed the prologue so it can be instantly skipped yet? It was better when I didn't have to do it to get to the real campaign.

you can go straight into place that starts prologue final fight but few of those are not skippable (last one is)

Not sure why you would want to skip prologue it is great and has good encounters

Darth Canoli

Arcane

If you're talking about the village, just speak with the captain from the tower a couple of times and you can go straight to the village invasion and miss all the great content the village has to offer.

You can also skip 1 or 2 battles from the invasion.

Also, I got some news for the next module last week but I was waiting for Pierre to announce it himself, I'll ask him if I can spill the beans if he doesn't.
I'll just add it sounds absolutely fantastic, particularly if you like sand...

Last edited:

kain611

Augur
Ok, haven't played more than like 45 minutes of the original Knights of the Chalice demo. Enjoyed it but felt very limited with only 4 classes and 3 races. I see in KotC2 we have 10 races and 22 classes. How is the story? Does it keep you enthralled? Or are we just looking for the next epic tactical battle?

kain611

Augur
Can't tell from the info I can find. Figure it has a basic story, mainly just wondering is it Cleve worthy?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Emmanuel2

Savant
Finished Augury of Chaos on Archmage mode but with gold for levelling up off as my first Playthrough, with the composition: Human Fighter, Ranger, Cleric and Druid plus 2 Elven Wizards. I ditched the NPC companions after chapter 1 because it felt that battles take a lot of time already.

20220827211211_1.jpg

Loved the entire thing and some of the changes to 3.5e felt welcome. Generally much, much less reliance and lack of the Fly spell for instance and Fighters being a better class without massive splat scrounging and DM fiat. Hybrids still stay a balancing a problem outside of Ranger (carried mostly by skewer + barbed enchantments) but they're probably suited and better played in a module less focused on kicking your teeth in. I initially thought that the lack of Power Attack and its variants would leave melee martials lacking damage required for the higher challenges however the accessible crafting and powerful new enchantments made it so you can catch up comfortably. My Ranger was outputting 150 damage per shot at 7 attacks per round assuming the enemy isn't immune to criticals, same case for Fighter but with dual reach weapons and the very strong Wade In feat.

Encounters in Augury of Chaos felt that prioritization is required which is something I like, and the constant push for "can I fight one more encounter?" due to the restrictions in the later half of the game is great and keeps you thinking about your resources and decisions.

Eagerly waiting for the next official module!

FriendlyMerchant

poison

you can google pretty much every riddle in every game
Poison doesn't work. I had to go into the module editor to dig out the solution. It's in there as some variation of "fake gold" or "fools gold."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom