Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I went with "forgery" on 1
8 is probably:
malevolence.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
I'm quoting this again because after a long discussion with Tiavals we've decided to include quirky companions in the stretch goals.

A Gargoyle companion! :bounce:

Also, nice map, i guess all the modules will take place in there ?

WorldMap86.jpg

It's good to be able to revisit the Crimson coast from KotC 1.

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Missing Avellone stretch goal.
Yup, but we've got Tiavals and he's really great at writing. We've prepared short backstories for each of the companions, I think you will enjoy reading them. :)

you sure your stretch goal for 3d models is budgeted right? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity if nothing else.
I think so. :)

Is the Summoner strech goal a custom class or adapation of the PF class? The token based art style would actually allow for PF's summoner (and its granting creatures new limbs ect.) to be implemented in a video game without excessive effort.
The Summoner class is a custom class. During the Kickstarter period, there will be detailed updates for each of the new classes: Spell Weaver, Summoner and Necromancer.

The KotC 2 Summoner and Necromancer have their own spell lists.

It's still 3.5e, right?
Yes. OGL 3.5.

I hope there's enough character portraits to go around.
Yup, there are many portraits in the game. The portraits from KotC 1 are also available.

Thank you! :) Yes, all the modules will take place in there.

Launching in only 38 hours now!! The time is drawing ever so nigh! Might have to look at the soothing images of roots soon! :D

Thank you for your interest and support everyone! :cool:

Bara

Arcane
Pierre any word from gog since their last email?

My hope at this point the reason why its taking so long is that they can release kotc1 on their platform the same time your kickstarter goes up so more eyes can be sent towards it.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yup, but we've got Tiavals and he's really great at writing. We've prepared short backstories for each of the companions, I think you will enjoy reading them. :)

you sure your stretch goal for 3d models is budgeted right? I'm asking out of sheer curiosity if nothing else.

Is the Summoner strech goal a custom class or adapation of the PF class? The token based art style would actually allow for PF's summoner (and its granting creatures new limbs ect.) to be implemented in a video game without excessive effort.
The Summoner class is a custom class. During the Kickstarter period, there will be detailed updates for each of the new classes: Spell Weaver, Summoner and Necromancer.

It's still 3.5e, right?
Yes. OGL 3.5.

Yup, there are many portraits in the game. The portraits from KotC 1 are also available.

Launching in only 38 hours now!! The time is drawing ever so nigh! Might have to look at the soothing images of roots soon! :D

So if sprites goal is reached, will this done module receive this graphic update or only new modules?

Darth Canoli

Arcane

My hope at this point the reason why its taking so long is that they can release kotc1 on their platform the same time your kickstarter goes up so more eyes can be sent towards it.

Good question, also reminds me i didn't ask you why there isn't any news on KotC steam page & forums about the kickstarter? Every little bit helps.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

It's still 3.5e, right?
Yes. OGL 3.5.

So if sprites goal is reached, will this done module receive this graphic update or only new modules?

Only new module since when the kickstarter ends the game get sent to people ( 1 month from now) , possible later on when the new modules gets the graphic update the old one might get updated as well...

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Less than 24 hours to go, and I'm still worried this will not happen. I got my money in my hand, and I'm ready. I'm going to cry if it doesn't get to 15k.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What do you mean news? There will be a newspost when the Kickstarter launches, obviously.

A Codex fundraiser? Personally I'm not feeling it, but it's not really my call. If you want to do one, ask DarkUnderlord after the campaign reaches its base goal.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I think we could have fun with this one

1. Pledge £4,108 or more
    Archmage
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE AN ENEMY ADVENTURING PARTY. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us design a fiendish enemy adventuring party or monster group that will confront the player’s party in one of the three new modules. We will send you six character / creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away). You can provide suggestions on how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated map, quest and supporting monsters. Includes one new map and new sprites and tokens based on art / pictures / descriptions you provide. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

Includes
    • New in-game adventure map
    • New in-game sprites and tokens
    Estimated deliveryMay 2023
    Limited (3 left of 3)0 backers

or this one

Pledge £8,000
Supreme Archmage
Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE A RECURRING VILLAIN. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us create an important villain who will appear in all of the three new modules. We will give life to that villain and his lieutenants using the ideas you submit to us (within reason). We will send you six character/creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the dialogue, equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away, who survives). You can suggest how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated maps, quests and supporting monsters. Includes three new maps as well as new sprites and tokens. Your name will appear at the top of the in-game Credits, dear Supreme Archmage. I am but your humble, grovelling servant. Yours will be a glorrrious victory... Oh no! Not the Greater Disintegration ray! Pleeease!! Arghh!
:mhd:

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

Good question, also reminds me i didn't ask you why there isn't any news on KotC steam page & forums about the kickstarter? Every little bit helps.

His latest post on steam: ( about 30 minutes ago, before that he posted on may 7 )

HeroicFantasyGamesDotCom
[developer] 28 minutes ago

Hello everyone!
steamhappy

Hope this golden baby flies soon!

Thank you! I will be launching the Kickstarter campaign in 20 hours, come what may!!

Link to the campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-the-chalice-2-revolutionise-old-school-crpgs

I am ready to throw money at you throw it at your face! I also expect you will be changing a lot of the games look or graphics after the kickstarter.

Thank you!! Yes, I will definitely improve the game's graphics.

I won't be supporting this as I had planned to if a Steam KotC2 key is not available at a reasonable tier.
You get a Steam Key for KotC 2 Augury of Chaos from the Paladin tier at about 34 dollars. To clarify, my book is not about tax evasion, it's about economics.

Thank you everyone for your support!
steamhappy

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I suspect KoTC sprite support has potential to be in regardless and the 50k is for new art and supporting code.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
For those who liked the Wish granting genie, note the 2nd image - another (evil?) genie!

Last edited:

BlueSalamander

Heroic Fantasy Games
Developer
Yes, I'm talking with GOG. I have to go through the process. I will do it after the campaign.

Yes, Augury of Chaos will be updated with the new sprites once they are available.

Thank you!! To be honest, I forgot that I could post the KotC 2 news in the KotC Steam Forum. I've just posted something there: https://steamcommunity.com/app/1083760/discussions/0/2254560552307940172/ Better late than never!! :)

The KotC Steam page, I don't think I can use it to promote the Kickstarter.

Less than 24 hours to go, and I'm still worried this will not happen. I got my money in my hand, and I'm ready. I'm going to cry if it doesn't get to 15k.
Thank you for your support Dickie! :)

Did he mention anywhere how many different monsters there will be?
There's a huge variety in the enemy races and classes.

Thank you everyone for the great support and see you at the Kickstarter in a bit!! :cool:

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I think we could have fun with this one

1. Pledge £4,108 or more
    Archmage
    Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE AN ENEMY ADVENTURING PARTY. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us design a fiendish enemy adventuring party or monster group that will confront the player’s party in one of the three new modules. We will send you six character / creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away). You can provide suggestions on how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated map, quest and supporting monsters. Includes one new map and new sprites and tokens based on art / pictures / descriptions you provide. Also, a ranking of the five largest contributors will be displayed at the top of the in-game Credits of the three new modules, displaying each contributor's name or nickname and country of origin.

Includes
    • New in-game adventure map
    • New in-game sprites and tokens
    Estimated deliveryMay 2023
    Limited (3 left of 3)0 backers

or this one

Pledge £8,000
Supreme Archmage
Hero of the Realm Tier + ACCESS TO CLOSED BETAS + KICKSTARTER ARCHMAGE FORUM LABEL + CREATE A RECURRING VILLAIN. You will receive the top tier Kickstarter Archmage label on our forums. Help us create an important villain who will appear in all of the three new modules. We will give life to that villain and his lieutenants using the ideas you submit to us (within reason). We will send you six character/creature sheets for you to fill out. You can provide suggestions on the dialogue, equipment and combat AI of the enemies (what spells will they cast, will anyone run away, who survives). You can suggest how and where the player should get ambushed and details of the associated maps, quests and supporting monsters. Includes three new maps as well as new sprites and tokens. Your name will appear at the top of the in-game Credits, dear Supreme Archmage. I am but your humble, grovelling servant. Yours will be a glorrrious victory... Oh no! Not the Greater Disintegration ray! Pleeease!! Arghh!
:mhd:
Now I don't know whether to fund it day 1 or to wait and see if this is a possibility. The codex designing a enemy party could be cool. If it was up to be the enemy leader would be swen as a leader of a cult. You fight him and his cultist generals while a bunch of dirty fence sitters watch the fight and don't participate.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom