Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Good Lord. Well, one problem at a time. I assume you ran from one side of the goblins, hoped they killed the other, and then continued?

Every single PC has Improved Initiative but I still can't get away in time without reload spam.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What's the most obvious tactic versus a big spellcasting efreet? You surround her and try to beat her down in melee, right?

WRONG

SHE HAS A FUCKING WHIRLWIND ATTACK TOO WITH WHICH SHE JUST KNOCKED OUT MY ENTIRE PARTY IN A SINGLE MOVE

OH AND I CAN'T TRIP HER EITHER BECAUSE HER SIZE IS TOO BIG FOR THAT HAHA

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good Lord. Well, one problem at a time. I assume you ran from one side of the goblins, hoped they killed the other, and then continued?

Every single PC has Improved Initiative but I still can't get away in time without reload spam.

I didn't do the goblins yet, I went for the crypt first (behind the mimics).

Latro

Arcane
my take: pierre designed this with hard fights at the beginning rather than the middle or end, so when you make a party you're gonna want ones with a bunch of bonus stuff up-front: aka, you take the samurai and gladiator over fighter.

rogue is a gimp and you're better off just grabbing a real mage or even trying a bard, all the traditional rogue stuff is relegated to dialogue options anyway.

you'll also want a ton of healing and being able to summon bodies to tank hits.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Yes, I think I am going to make a new, third party, based on what I have learned so far.

I am thinking

Gladiator
Samurai
Bard
Bishop
Wizard
and
?

I haven't tried Psionics yet, so maybe I will pick one of those classes. Psionic Healer?

AdolfSatan

Arcane
Psionic Healer is rather shitty, I'd switch Bishop for Cleric to have a 100% dedicated healer and add a tank psychic warrior. Can't help feeling like a single arcane caster is gonna bite you in the ass later on, but I haven't tried the bard yet so I might be wrong there.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Reading these last pages, I have gone from being gutted at not receiving my email with the download link, to downloading it and being afraid to even unzip the file.

Pierre, you absolute madlad.
Hey! He actually sent out mails or PMs to everyone but you. He tried to, but he hasn't got your mail. I'm serious, by the way.

I've just added your details into the customer database (also added everyone else from the Codex, except Shackleton because I don't have his email address).
You should contact him. I resolved my issues via PM, here.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Turns out Begue is a terrible malevolent DM when he's not ripping off pre-existing D&D modules, huh? Too bad. :M

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
I have ... somehow... defeated the mimics, despite not resting (because killing the wererats meant no resting) - then I used those scrolls that got me to win the goblin fight. This is a real struggle...

cruelio

Augur
Uhh... my game isn't saving or recognizing my custom characters? Or recognizing that I deleted all the premade ones? If I start a game with all customs, I can't see them in the formation screen and the game choices don't recognize the races/abilities I have in the party. Nice game! Maybe I'll uninstall and reinstall in the default location?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
OK got this running in windowed and using canned PCs. Breezed into cultists and then got it handed to me. No crashes at least (20 min).

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Decided to restart again, and this time FINALLY the potion of water breathing worked! to my surprise it has a party effect ( since when does a potion have area effect spell? )
I managed to kill the shark druid without any cheats or OP domains.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
What's your new party? The 5 sarcophagi tomb is making me feel sick.
Same party, death knight, rogue, cleric, fighter, wizard, druid. I sold all the gems I didn't need , I sold the potions of cleansing for 8000g! I crafted a masterwork glaive for my death knight and I was able to level everyone to 3 after the chaos pool room.

Mortmal

Arcane
It's obvious there's a whole part of the dungeon missing, that stair passage in the arena leading nowhere. Thats where we are supposed to get a few levels more, there's also dialog option ofr a companion but he's nowhere to be found.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
HAHA! The goblin battle finally worked without fucking up! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

I'm seriously temped to sell the flail of chaos for money to level up with.

Lilliput McHammersmith

HAHA! The goblin battle finally worked without fucking up! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!

I'm seriously temped to sell the flail of chaos for money to level up with.
Man, if you side with the Grey Goblins you get approximately 60k in gold rewards. I was able to level up my party multiple times. Too bad two of them are dead....

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Man, if you side with the Grey Goblins you get approximately 60k in gold rewards. I was able to level up my party multiple times. Too bad two of them are dead....

But how the hell can you survive all that crap?

EDIT: Oh wait you lost two people, death at this point is unacceptable.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Use the scrolls you get after the mimic fight to even the odds and pray for luck.

I'm gonna have to restart or reload, I can't win without the ratman resting spot, I think.

Lilliput McHammersmith

But how the hell can you survive all that crap?

EDIT: Oh wait you lost two people, death at this point is unacceptable.
At one point I had a Raise Dead scroll. I’ve been all over the map looking for one, but I’m tempted to just drop a couple of them using the editor...

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I guess I could try the battle again on the grey side, use my last campfire with the rats and try some of those scrolls I've got and just hope to God I win AND the battle doesn't fuck up.

This game is a complete mess, why can't I stop playing it?!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom