Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Knights of the Chalice finally on Steam and GOG

PrettyDeadman

There are 20,000+ registred members of rpgcodex.
If each buys 1 copy - the game release willl be adequate.
If each buys 1 copy for themselves + 2 copies for friends - the game will be very successful.

Dude, we all bought the game 8 years ago when it came out
That doesn't really have any positive effect on steam sales, does it?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is length & number of abilities your criterion of a good game?

I agree that we can't expect BG/PF:KM but for me who loves to play with non human characters(mainly on melee), be able to shapeshift is amazing and be able to control huge armies with necromancy or other stuff too. This is why i love PF:KM and BG2. When i discovered slayer form on BG2, i was so amazed... Sure, it kills your party reputation, but was so amazing. See dragon shape on NWN1 at 32:30 of this video > https://youtu.be/DOgIVgdFz0s?t=1952

This is the stats that you can reach on dragon shape on nwn1

yYHKztK.png

Yes, 57 AC, 952 HP and +50/+45/+40 with (2~16 + 13) * 3 damage / turn or 45~117 damage / turn. Since "models" are already in the game, i don't think that is hard to implement summoning and shapeshift. Hell, on PF:KM you can assume tons of dragon forms, most metallic and chromatic dragons BUT most of then have reused textures. On skyrim, you can use console commands to play as monsters...

And i ask about the lenth because i don't wanna to pay $60 in a game with 5 hours campaign. Is not the case of this specific game, but 30 hours pretty standard for an RPG.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
S0rcererV1ct0r

Well, i think Pathfinder is a half baked game crippled by retarded features and loading screens every 2 minutes (sometimes way more) and regardless of its budget (regular eastern europe low budget, these guys don't advertise it but they eat roots too) has the same flaws as the recent AAA "cRPG" ...

On the other hand, KotC is an indie game made by one man and everything it does is done very well but of course, as a one man project, it's not ToEE meets Fallout but no game ever did that so here we are ...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yes, 57 AC, 952 HP and +50/+45/+40 with (2~16 + 13) * 3 damage / turn or 45~117 damage / turn. Since "models" are already in the game, i don't think that is hard to implement summoning and shapeshift. Hell, on PF:KM you can assume tons of dragon forms, most metallic and chromatic dragons BUT most of then have reused textures. On skyrim, you can use console commands to play as monsters...

Is this some kind of degenerate otherkin fetish?

Codex Year of the Donut

Is this some kind of degenerate otherkin fetish?
Even worse, he has a severe case of munchkinism.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yep. Those stats are greater than some deities. IMO Pathfinder did shapeshift right. Gives an bonus but is not an literal godlike bonus... I an not an power gamer. When i played PF:KM with an silver draconic sorcerer, i picked ZERO fire based spells. Why? For me makes no sense someone who uses an power derived from an cold dragon to trow fire snakes on the enemy. Is like see an Efreet trowing cone of cold spells... Doesn't matter if hellfire, fire snake, etc are good spells. And enjoyed the freedom of PF:KM exactly because i finally got the opportunity to re make an character that i did on pnp long time ago... Most games that features draconic bloodline only implements red, the most chaotic evil dragon An red dragon producing an half dragon and subsequentry an 1/4,1/8<...> is like an human producing an half bee. Makes no sense. Metallic dragons, mainly those who spend a lot of time on human form, are mostly likely to produce hybrids.

About powergaming, remembers me of this video >

Well, i think Pathfinder is a half baked game crippled by retarded features and loading screens every 2 minutes (sometimes way more) and regardless of its budget (regular eastern europe low budget, these guys don't advertise it but they eat roots too) has the same flaws as the recent AAA "cRPG" ...

Most bugs got fixed. Anyway, i agre KotC is a game worth the cost(probably, only viewed videos yet) and for me one thing that i love in any cRPG is freedom to do things.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
KotC has shapeshifting, you can turn into an ice giant, maybe a fire giant too, never tried it though, if i want to hack things, i use a barbarian (well, an offensive oriented knight in KotC).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
KotC has shapeshifting, you can turn into an ice giant, maybe a fire giant too, never tried it though, if i want to hack things, i use a barbarian (well, an offensive oriented knight in KotC).

I generally play video/tabletop games to do things that i can't do IRL. I can't summon an harem of succubus demoniac army, stop the time, shape the reality with wish, assume dragon form, trow meteors in my enemies, shapeshift to other planes, etc. But i can hit things with Axes IRL. This is why i don't like melee on most games, except when you can do things on melee that you can't do IRL like assume an bad monstruous form on VtMB or Werewolf on morrowind.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
"
I'm not even going to ask who you hacked into pieces."

Wood???? Now seriously. I said an retarded thing. I should have said PRACTICE with swords/axes/spears/etc. Anyway, KotC 2 looks pretty impressive too. https://rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=11115

Anyway, i wish that this game bot the deserved actention on steam. This game deserves more than be an "hidden gem"...

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry for not knowing that hitting things means hitting people. Anyway, KotC2 will be amazing. Only by watching the trailer you can see how much the game improved, 20+ classes and subraces to choose.;;

1CntuWN.png

Voids

Augur
Sorry for not knowing that hitting things means hitting people. Anyway, KotC2 will be amazing. Only by watching the trailer you can see how much the game improved, 20+ classes and subraces to choose.;;

1CntuWN.png

It does look great so far, but is he keeping those character token things in the game or are those just placeholders? Because they look ridiculous.

Jinn

Arcane
It does look great so far, but is he keeping those character token things in the game or are those just placeholders? Because they look ridiculous.

He's said in a couple different threads that they'll be in Augury of Chaos - which is releasing as soon as the kickstarter is funded - but he plans to hire an artist to do sprite work similar to Heroes of Might and Magic 3 for use in further campaigns. I would assume that you'll be able to retroactively use them in Augury of Chaos once they're finished and implemented, as well as other mods. My hope is that in addition to these sprites, he'll hire someone to do some better environment/map/tile artwork too.

Last edited:

Mustawd

It does look great so far, but is he keeping those character token things in the game or are those just placeholders? Because they look ridiculous

I’m not EXACTLY sure how it’s gonna work (i.e. will it be tokens by default and you can switch to sprites?), but the tokens should be moddable using your own or just using animated sprites you find or create.

Thanks a million for the great support, Dickie, felipepepe, Mustawd, Cyberwhale, Tacgnol and Mychkine! :salute:

you wrote on the kickstarter page yesterday you intend to talk about the sprite system of KOTC2. Are you still going to?
Yes, actually I did talk a bit about it yesterday in the other thread, let me reprint it here, please:

Concerning the sprites, I'm thinking that we could have a system allowing weapons (on both hands) and shields to be displayed on top of the creature. For this to work, I'll have to ask the artist to position the hands of every humanoid creature at the exact same pixel position.

Then the artist can draw the animation of each weapon and shield separately, with one version for the right hand and another for the left hand. Magic weapons like a Flaming Longsword or a Shocking Burst Greataxe can also be represented.

Then the game will automatically display the weapons and shields used by each humanoid creature. And we can still have other creatures that do not require drawing weapons on top.

One of the things I enjoyed in Neverwinter Nights 2 was to watch my party members hold powerful magic weapons as they move around.

Also, for weapons carrying enchantments such as Flaming, Acidic, Shocking, Frost or Draining, I should be able to draw some animated particles on top, to make the weapons more realistic.

Today, I did some work on testing the website update that I recently implemented in preparation for the Kickstarter. That part should be finished soon. Thank you for your continued interest in the game! :salute:

Can’t find the other quote that gives more detail on this. I think maybe the KOTC 2 thread?

jungl

Augur
How does Pierre expect to balance encounters with all these cheese races and classes. I Imagine a psi warrior half giant make himself huge and eventually garguantian possibly colossal with help of wizard being able to one shot dudes in melee.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Pfft. As if straight up wizards/clerics aren't cheesy as all fuck to begin with. Warriors one shot enemies in melee, wizards one shot entire encounters from a distance.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I remember fire and frost giant, as you say, and also bear and giant spider. I can't remember if you can turn into a dragon, though.

Codex Year of the Donut
How does Pierre expect to balance encounters with all these cheese races and classes. I Imagine a psi warrior half giant make himself huge and eventually garguantian possibly colossal with help of wizard being able to one shot dudes in melee.
If he cared about balance he wouldn't be using D&D

Waterd

Augur
I bought alady KOTC 1 back then and is my favorite tactical combat puzzle. But I see no reason to buy it again.
However if he adds a mode where rest places dissapear, shoppers don't have infinite scrolls, and you can't forge and scribe, I promise to buy a copy for me and 5 of my friends.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Use "placeholders" to test something instead of wasting resources developing complex models is an common things amount game development. The pre alfa version of PF:KM din't had even textures But yes, i expect that KotTC2 models will look more like HoMM3 instead of Ultima VII

Variety / immersion / cool factor >>>>> balance.

And note, everything that an PC uses, an NPC can use. So put you against half gigant buffed by wizards and problem solved. There are also dispel magic on D&D, they can try dispel your buffs.

Efe

Erudite
"new and trending" is personalized to you and not a global top list.
still good news

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom