Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kodex Kommunistic Kolony in Rimworld, Season 1

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Kommunism does not need money, potatojuice is vaild currency. Supremacy of Kommunism is achieved by removing all Kapitalist pigs from the premises. :salute:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Kommunism does not need money, potatojuice is vaild currency
This is true comrade, however we're already making do with testicle shashlik.

Capitalism however needs money so we must take it and make it all ours. THEN wipe out all capitalist scum. :salute:

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
A little update on men's duties. Totally skippable.

FigLbF3.jpg

1. Firefight - the flames of liberalism must not engulf our Kolony! We must all contribute to firefighting.
2. Patient and Doctor - we are all equally shitty at doctoring, and completely out of meds. Dirty socks or yellow snowballs? It makes little difference.
3. Bed rest - is important.
4. Flick - clicking buttons. Should be prioritized manually when needed.
5. Warden - Dreaad and Hello friend are equally good at wardening prisoners.
6. Handle - we have neither animals, nor experts in this field. Better leave it alone. Grimwulf has 4 in case some slaughtering is needed.
7. Cook - Grimwulf takes care of shashlik. Despite having better things to do.
8. Hunt - both Azira and Grimwulf can hunt, but it's nothing urgent. We still have plenty of raw meat, and traversing large distances through snow-covered tundra is a time sink.
9. Construct and Repair - mostly Grimwulf, sometimes other lazy bastards help. No need for more builders, since we lack raw materials.
10. Grow - as soon as growing season starts. Growing indoors takes a shitload of energy, which we simply don't have.
11. Mine - Kalin is the main digger around, occasionally joined by Azira and others.
12. Plant cut - not much to cut. Dreaad and Hello friend can take care of that.
13. Smithing, tailoring, art - no tools, no materials, no need.
14. Craft - cutting stone blocks is a primitive and stupid work. In addition, it doesn't really improve Crafting skill. Low-level crafter cuts stone block only slightly slower than master crafter, and therefore it's decided to let Hello friend do it instead of Kalin.
15. Hauling - we all contribute to good old scavenging if we don't have anything better to do.
16. Clean - Dreaad is responsible for cleaning the Kolony.
17. Research - no research table, and no actual researchers as well.

i8FmYMg.jpg
HAHA! EAT DICK, MOTHERFUCKERS! I woke up first!

aN73VvA.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
What ails you, Kalin? Who does that?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Asshole.

Tr76ic8.png
Now I see why you don't have friends, mr. Kalin.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Pppfff. As if I needed friends. Friends. I'm perfectly happy on my own!

xzTxWeX.jpg

5th of Winter, 5500

9eVBkX5.png
Grimwulf is asking around for opinions on thrumbo situation. What do you think about it?

evqFsfs.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Let sleeping dogs lie. Give peace a chance. Live to fight another day.

9eVBkX5.png
And I say... psst. *whispers* We get the elk to attack it..... and make the other deer agro on it.

Tr76ic8.png
The elk?

9eVBkX5.png
Yeah, you know. The one that wandered here without proper papers? I will convince Grim the elk would make a worthy addition to our defenses. Ffs one of those things crippled Kalin for life.

Tr76ic8.png
You are highly disturbing today, Dreaad. Err, I'd better go check Ian.

9eVBkX5.png
You do that. Meanwhile, I will begin Project Battle Elk. Haha... HAHAHAHA

Tr76ic8.png
*Backing away slowly*

3WBv1RY.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
So. Are you hungry, Ian?

OLHbguZ.jpg
Yes. Hungry for love. Where is Dreaad?

Tr76ic8.png
He was sent away as our Ambassador, so you won't see him for a cou--

lW0ir7U.png
DREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD!!!

4dCacNg.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
Cheeki breeki! I'm here.

lW0ir7U.png
Your schedule for today: clean everything up; move your bed back to the guest room.

9eVBkX5.png
What?! I'm not gonna sleep there!

lW0ir7U.png
No, that bed will be unnocupied. And you will sleep in the House of Edgelords from now on.

9eVBkX5.png
Suka blyad! Well, fine. But I want to ask something in return. I have a cunning plan on making an ultimate war machine - a beast of infinite power and cunning!

lW0ir7U.png
Yeah-yeah, just gimme a moment to grab a sna-- WHAT THE FUCK!

A7h9UXd.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
... Grimwulf?

lW0ir7U.png
You thought you could hide in my freezer, pretending to be dead? *chuckles*

wnOTuiF.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Nice try, liberul scum. Nice try.

cNP02yr.jpg

OLHbguZ.jpg
"Sent away", huh?

Tr76ic8.png
He came back already! What a surprise! Uhh, I should go now.

yFuCvqK.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
There was a elk in our freezer, can you imagine? AN ACTUAL LIVING ELK, lurking in the shadows, ready to ambush and murder every human passing by! I took care of that Elk Bond in the name of Kommunism. Now, what was that plan or whatever you wanted to discuss?

9eVBkX5.png
... Nevermind. You know that you're not very popular around here, right?

lW0ir7U.png
On the contrary. Working class can grumble and complain all they want, but they know I'm the best man for the job.

Just in case it wasn't clear before, a graphical explanation.

WOZQ4ev.jpg

So, as you can see here, Grimwulf is only mildly amused by Kalin and Azira (+15 towards each of them). Kalin is quite supportive of Grimwulf (+21), and Azira is very loyal to him (+42). Hello Friend and Dreaad are both neutral towards Grimwulf. The sentiment is mutual.

Socializing with good friends increases joy meter faster. Negative relations might trigger social fighting and rivalry. Other aspects of everyday life are affected by social relations too, but I'll leave them for later.

9eVBkX5.png
But how can you be the leader if... how do I put it politely? Your social skill is not... particularly impressive?

lW0ir7U.png
*sigh* What do you think we're doing here, Dreaad? What's the ultimate goal of this Kolony?

9eVBkX5.png
Hm. To build communism?

lW0ir7U.png
To build communism. Who is the best builder among us?

2TanxHk.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
That's not how it works.

lW0ir7U.png
Speaking of work, those floors ain't gonna clean themselves.

9eVBkX5.png
:negative:

4FkigDM.jpg

Later that morning.

LEqIuDq.jpg
You wanted to see me, Grim?

lW0ir7U.png
Yeah, just a second. HEY, GREEN GUY! We have a private conversation here!

uvqBTAd.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Sorry, Kommissar Grim. Doctor Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
See you later, hello friend. Hm. That didn't sound right.

lW0ir7U.png
We have matters to discuss, Azira.

LEqIuDq.jpg
If you want my opinion on that thrumbo, I say leave it be. We should focus on building the base, not shooting at a docile creature. At least not one that can easily kill us. At the very least, not while we still have dog testicles to feed to our reluctant recruit..

lW0ir7U.png
That question is closed. You and green guy voted for ignoring the thrumbo; Kalin doesn't give a damn as long as he's not involved; my head voices mostly say DON'T DO IT; and Dreaad wants a pony.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Alright. What did you want to discuss then?

lW0ir7U.png
You see, I'm almost done with Town Hall and private housing...

LEqIuDq.jpg
ALMOST DONE? Grimwulf, this place is ruins.

lW0ir7U.png
Hey, hey! I'll make some final touches here and there, but it wasn't supposed to be pretty! Are you even a communist? You shouldn't feel relaxed and cozy at home, you should feel BAD and MISERABLE. So that you'd want to come back to work asap.

LEqIuDq.jpg
But we don't even have proper working places! No workshops, no labs, no warehouses - nothing.

lW0ir7U.png
Azira, my friend. You completely misunderstand the concept. A true Soviet Kolony looks like that: tiny neglected houses kommunalkas inhabited by angry poverty-drenched working class...

LEqIuDq.jpg
We have that. Check.

lW0ir7U.png
Endless potato fields...

LEqIuDq.jpg
We have fields all right. Somewhere under that layer of snow. Check.

lW0ir7U.png
And the best military power on the fucking planet.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Oh. So you want to discuss turrets again?

lW0ir7U.png
Turrets my ass. We need real defenses, and soon. Yes, I will build a couple turrets as a temporary solution. Right here:

PVTN8td.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
It's a nice defensive spot, after all. We have three suitable gunner positions, no real need to construct anything. Except for a power cable. And maybe ground that rock formation to the south.

m6HXBfH.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Well, I COULD turn this spot into a full-scale fortification, but what does it gain us? Protection of that little chunk of land we call home? Let's face it - we live in a shitty spot. Secluded - yes. But also shitty.

LEqIuDq.jpg
So, you're gonna build two turrets. In case of invasion, we can hide behind those rocks, using them as a cover, and hold our ground.

lW0ir7U.png
If the enemy comes too close, they will try to destroy our turrets first. And they will. Turrets are costy resource-wise and very fragile. This kind of defense will only save us from one half-assed enemy attack, tops. The turrets will explode, we will have enough time for tactical retreat, and so on. But restoring that sort of defense after every battle is resource-demanding, time-consuming and honestly pretty stupid way to deal with hostiles. We want a long-lasting defense - one that doesn't need to be re-built from scratch after every major battle. A fort.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Go on.

lW0ir7U.png
Here is what I'm thinking. Right after I'm done with temporary-turret-solution, you and me will begin working on a new wall.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Another one?

lW0ir7U.png
Another two even. First one here:

DkFRHav.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Second here:

mQQgdRo.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
So you wall an entire... My, that's a lot of land.

U9qB4r8.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Surrounded by mountains and walls of pure granite, hard as Trudy's iron ass. And the only entrance to Kodex Kommustic Kolony (now ten times larger than before!) will be through this gap:

geXNx1A.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
That's the place I want to fortify. Throw everything we got to make it happen. Build a small stonecutter's workshop in the area, maybe even move Ryan and Kalin's beds there. They will cut stones and dig iron, while you and I build that fort.

LEqIuDq.jpg
I don't know, Grim. It's very far away. Especially considering all that snow.

lW0ir7U.png
And THAT, my friend, is our first priority. A shortcut AND escape tunnel.

yzVaKrT.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
We need it anyway. I mean, ok, imagine the bad guys will attack us out of the blue. We're doing our best, but losing ground rapidly. Eventually we are forced to retreat here in the Town Hall. They are bangin' at the front door. What will you do?

LEqIuDq.jpg
Fair enough. But what if they try to use this tunnel for invading us?

lW0ir7U.png
Relax, I'll make double doors or something. While they break one door, I can trap the tunnel. It's gonna be fine.

LEqIuDq.jpg
Can you hear yourself? "Azira, you and other kolonists will live in shit, sleep in shit, and eat shit for god knows how long. Because I need everything focused on some fort project. It's gonna be fine."

yNucrcF.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
Think of ALL THE LAND, Azira.

72cyR0I.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
We don't even NEED that territory. Most of it will be neglected. Useless. Abandoned.

lW0ir7U.png
*whistles Soviet Anthem*

7ApF6vd.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
*sigh* You should at least ask the others. I recommend a subtle approach.

A few hours later.

lW0ir7U.png
AWRIGHT, LADIES! Everybody take a pamphlet right now.

XA5gIU8.jpg

Tr76ic8.png
Uhh, what's that, Kommissar Grim? "Your ass is a fort - defend it with your life"?

lW0ir7U.png
I'm not very good with slogans.

i8FmYMg.jpg
Propaganda pamphlets? Really?

lW0ir7U.png
It's our 5-year plan. I hope we complete it in one season, though.

9eVBkX5.png
Wait... It IS about fort. A literal fort!

Tr76ic8.png
We didn't vote for building any forts, Kommissar Grim! We need houses! And a finished Town Hall! And...

lW0ir7U.png
Sorry, gotta go! See you around, men.

Later that day.

OLHbguZ.jpg
I KNEW you will come back eventually, love!

9eVBkX5.png
Hey, take it easy!

nZt61b9.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
Alright, here is the deal. Grimwulf is a decent builder and a shitty cook. Also, the only cook among us. He plans to build something inan-- I mean, grand, but nobody here can replace him on kitchen.

OLHbguZ.jpg
We don't need these people, love. Let's escape from here, just you and me! Release me!

345feJe.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
It's really not that bad here, Ian. Give Grimwulf a chance, he can be fair and just. Generous even.

lW0ir7U.png
*psshhhhh* DREAAAAD, you lazy goddamn

9eVBkX5.png
*psshh* What?

lW0ir7U.png
I'm moving out of House of Edgelords. Got my own crib from now on.

ZlWTolN.jpg

9eVBkX5.png
Okaaay. Congratulations?

lW0ir7U.png
You will sleep on my former bunk. Brace yourself. It's not what you'd call comfortable.

dToP1vS.jpg

Later that evening.

Tr76ic8.png
*knocks on the door* Kommissar Grim?

lW0ir7U.png
I'm busy, whaddya want?

Tr76ic8.png
Umm, we're missing a LARGE amount of elkhide from the storage. Do you happen to know where is it?

4VK5QIj.jpg

lW0ir7U.png
No idea. Find it. Or kill more elks. In fact, forget about first one - just kill more elks! KILL THEM ALL!!

Meanwhile.

i8FmYMg.jpg
That tunnel is convinient and everything, but WHERE IS THE GODDAMN DOOR?!

7t6Y2Vk.jpg

LEqIuDq.jpg
I'm sure Grimwulf is busy with something extremely urgent. Have faith, Kalin.

Today was a good day. A productive day. The most important building, the very Heart and Soul of the Kolony, is finished. I'm rather content with the result.

WZfUaJd.jpg

I wanted to build houses for other Kolonists at first, but it would destroy our unity. Our community spirit!

3oC0cFd.jpg

Now. Something buggers me a little.

9KNgNtf.jpg

Ah, yes. Of course.

UOxZwNF.jpg

There! I'ts perfect now.

RFY3Zhv.jpg

Building houses: DONE.

Last edited:
I suggest build greenhouse kolkhoz around steam geyser and plant corn here before building fort. Plants don't grow at night so you can get enough energy for sun lamp using only one solar plant. Don't connect it to your central energy system and it will work fine.
Corn have several advantages:
- it have best ratio yield/day
- it grows very slow (~7 days) which means you don't need waste much time gathering/replanting compared to potato/rice/strawberry
- it can be eaten raw (no negative thoughts) so you can be free from kitchen and start doing actual work
- it been promoted in Soviet Union by Nikita Khrushchev so it's obviously Kommunist plant

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
I suggest build greenhouse kolkhoz around steam geyser and plant corn here before building fort. Plants don't grow at night so you can get enough energy for sun lamp using only one solar plant.

We have plenty of raw food. Besides, a new deer herd wandered in the area just recently. We don't really need food at this point. Another cook wouldn't hurt, though.

However, solar lamp demands whoopin' 1600 W to work. One solar generator doesn't cut it, coz it outputs 1700 during daytime and 0 during night. At the very least you need two solar generators. We don't have any iron to spare. As soon as Kalin digs some, I plan to build dem temporary turrets (in case of sudden raid) and a comms console. We have plenty of wares and silver for trading.

I suggest build greenhouse kolkhoz around steam geyser and plant corn here before building fort. Plants don't grow at night so you can get enough energy for sun lamp using only one solar plant.

We have plenty of raw food. Besides, a new deer herd wandered in the area just recently. We don't really need food at this point. Another cook wouldn't hurt, though.

However, solar lamp demands whoopin' 1600 W to work. One solar generator doesn't cut it, coz it outputs 1700 during daytime and 0 during night. At the very least you need two solar generators. We don't have any iron to spare. As soon as Kalin digs some, I plan to build dem temporary turrets (in case of sudden raid) and a comms console. We have plenty of wares and silver for trading.

Plants don't grow at night so you can shut off lamp and save electricity. Or you can connect lamp and solar plant directly (avoiding connecting to your main cable) and lamp shut off automatically. Still need second solar plant thought.
Not sure how much help 2 turrets will be (need about 3 to ohko 1 human and after this they are recharge for a long time). Basically turrets suck unless you use them for explosion or in extreme numbers. I rather build 1 tile wide corridor full of granite traps and quick double doors route for your colonists nearby.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Plants don't grow at night so you can shut off lamp and save electricity. Or you can connect lamp and solar plant directly (avoiding connecting to your main cable) and lamp shut off automatically. Still need second solar plant thought.

I think we can survive this Winter as it is, food-wise. Then we'll see how growing season goes. If it will be an unlucky one, well, gotta build greenhouses then.

Not sure how much help 2 turrets will be (need about 3 to ohko 1 human and after this they are recharge for a long time).

I'm mostly worried about savages - we can't stop an army of melee fighters. Turrets can. Not by shooting them to death, but rather by exploding.

You can kill a human with only one turret, or even two humans with a single turret - it all depends on how long does it take for a human to get to your turret. Usually I scatter (otherwise useless) metal chunks for slowing down the targets.

My last non-Kodex fort was kind of shitty due to general layot and fucked up distance between turrets, but it still did the job.

azwT9A7.jpg

In my defense, weird configuration was dictated by the geyser. Short distance between turrets is unforgivable, though. Fucking chain explosions.

I'm mostly worried about savages - we can't stop an army of melee fighters. Turrets can. Not by shooting them to death, but rather by exploding.

You can kill a human with only one turret, or even two humans with a single turret - it all depends on how long does it take for a human to get to your turret. Usually I scatter (otherwise useless) metal chunks for slowing down the targets.

My last non-Kodex fort was kind of shitty due to general layot and fucked up distance between turrets, but it still did the job.

azwT9A7.jpg

In my defense, weird configuration was dictated by the geyser. Short distance between turrets is unforgivable, though. Fucking chain explosions.

Actually you somehow generated world where they are not an enemy (not hostile). So the only thing you need to worry about pirates and town you pissed off.

xsI7iNV.jpg

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Finally a proper 5-year plan. And THAT'S why Kommissar Grimwulf is in charge. He lives Kommunism. He breathes Kommunism. He IS Kommunism. :salute:

A great mind like him deserves a proper dacha while the working masses dwell in conditions that make the middle ages look like a beach resort. Won't be long until the unwashed masses will be drawn here to find their home in this shining beacon of planned economy. Well, at least when the potatofields are harvested and party issued potatojuice rations for everyone are available.

it's not the doing of things with the land that is important, simply the having of. our prestige will be greatly increased in the eyes of the lesser folk that we graciously allow a share in this planet's wonderful bounties.

Unwanted

Kalin

Unwanted
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
K7IZrJF.png

What could possibly go wrong?+M

Oh yeh and what's with the shoddy gear? Can't we have Azira or one of the wussy brainiacs craft a Super Sledge and some Panzer Cop armour?

Don't wanna fight raiders an sheit with my crappy club and Servant's old jacket, need snazzy gear!

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Kommunism grants huge tracts of land. Well known fact.

Don't wanna fight raiders an sheit with my crappy club and Servant's old jacket, need snazzy gear!
Stop being so needy, our glorious Kommissar already granted you the neandertal club. A true hero of the Kolony would charge any potential enemy bare-chested wielding that club overhead! Okay, normally he would be piss drunk, but our lack of potatojuice means we have to improvise...

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Oh yeh and what's with the shoddy gear? Can't we have Azira or one of the wussy brainiacs craft a Super Sledge and some Panzer Cop armour?

We need a smithy in order to forge stuff. We can craft primitive weapons like clubs, bows and spears, but you have your Peacekeeper already. I say we focus on temporary turrets + full-scale fort.

Also, further updates might be less frequent than usual, due to irl fuckery. Will do my best. If anybody feels like taking over, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Just finished catching up and three things:
Hilarious
Thanks for teaching me Russian
Please add me to the chopping block recruit list. I want a kommukolonist who can either shoot or Doctor good and preferably is psychopath. If you ever get through the rest.

Grimwulf

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
Long story short, I had to abandon my old landlord/rantier way of life in order to help my good friend with his new post. Now both of us work for the government, and this work is asss (no offence to Putin intended). I have to wake up at 8 am and come back home at 8-10 pm.

SO, further updates are scheduled every Saturdays and Sundays. You can now throw potatoes at me. I will eat them all.

Last edited:

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So you're with the KGB now?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom