Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Review KotOR first gushings at GameSpy

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Otaku_Hanzo said:
[. Instead he weaves a rich and wonderful tale in both those campaigns that makes the OC look like a three year old wrote it.
Well, anyone who has more than three years should see it without anyone's help. But a good story is a necessary (not sufficient) condition for a good cRPG for me, so I guess I will like Miller's work. Anyway, thanks very much and I'll check those mods if I ever again have some free time I could devote to gaming.

Seven

Erudite
XJEDX said:
Grifman said:
Ad hominem attacks are directly proportional to one's inability to produce an argument, much less a persuasive one. Grifman
I wasn't arguing, dipshit, I was flaming the moron.

PS- Aren't you a little late? Did it take you a whole 24 hours to formulate your witty retort?

I thought you said that there were people to *debate* with in this thread. Apparently they're all left, and once again I am left with NOTHING, not even leavings or sloppy seconds. :(

Jed

Cipher
Seven9 said:
I thought you said that there were people to *debate* with in this thread. Apparently they're all left, and once again I am left with NOTHING, not even leavings or sloppy seconds. :(
Honestly, Seven, jump right in. No reason you can't pile some on, too. I hate to see you keep getting left out. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of the LevelLordEbonstone or his ilk.

Grifman

Liturgist
XJEDX said:
Grifman said:
Ad hominem attacks are directly proportional to one's inability to produce an argument, much less a persuasive one. Grifman
I wasn't arguing, dipshit, I was flaming the moron.
[/quote]

Duh! That's what I said dufus. Sorry if the big latin words confused you. I was pointing out that due to your inability to make an argument you were resorting to an ad hominem attack - an attack on the person - a flame, as you put it. Glad you can restate the obvious, even if you entirely miss the point!

I'm a dipshit, LOL! Thanks, you are only continuing to prove my point. You don't have an argument, apparently are incapable of framing one, so you resort to all that you are capable of - which isn't much.

PS- Aren't you a little late? Did it take you a whole 24 hours to formulate your witty retort?

Sorry, I can't act on your time schedule. But from your response, it's clear you could do with more than 24 hours for framing responses.

Grifman

Jed

Cipher
Grifman said:
Duh! That's what I said dufus. Sorry if the big latin words confused you. I was pointing out that due to your inability to make an argument you were resorting to an ad hominem attack - an attack on the person - a flame, as you put it. Glad you can restate the obvious, even if you entirely miss the point! I'm a dipshit, LOL! Thanks, you are only continuing to prove my point. You don't have an argument, apparently are incapable of framing one, so you resort to all that you are capable of - which isn't much.
Fer fuck's sake; you're the one having trouble with the goddamn point here. Let me restate, slowly, what my response meant; try to follow along. I was not trying to argue with the shitbag on this occasion. There was, in fact, no argument that I was responding to. I was heckling. Do you understand this concept? This does not, however, affect my ability to argue on other occasions, the distinction being when someone is worth arguing with. In this case, he was not. It was a simple flame, do you understand?

Reading comprehension--check it out!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom