Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Larian cultists reviewing BG1/2 - NOW with IWD:EE reviews

Blutwurstritter

Learned
Larian cultists ? Have they obtained the dark knowledge to summon the Sven ? Do they pray to the holy barrel ? What kind of rituals do they exercise ? I hope there is no mass suicide imminent.

This is better writing than a lot of today's games.
Thank you but it is not surprising. I am a published author after all. You may have read an article of mine if you're an avid reader of Chemical Science, The Journal of Chemical Physics or Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You know we're in trouble when even the gaming nerds are as thick as elephant shit.

A farmer told me once that he had to watch his turkeys at Christmas because if it rained, they would crane their necks upwards at the droplets, amazed at the rain falling from the sky. And if they were in a ditch, they would drown. That's the current gaming generations: look at the matrix and the graphics. And they can't process basic stuff. There's me thinking it was decline when they all stopped reading physical manuals.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
What kind of rituals do they exercise ?

upload_2022-6-2_5-41-0.png

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
Wait untill they have to fight an iron golemn that requires +3 weapons to damage :)

These larian fags are getting on my nerves.BG 3 looks like an abomination. They could have made Divinity 3 and let the BG franchise alone. They are runining BG like Bethesda did with Fallout.

Stella Brando

Arcane
They are runining BG like Bethesda did with Fallout.

First they came for the Fallout fans, and I didn’t speak up-—because I wasn’t a Fallout fan;

Then they came for the Diablo fans, and I didn’t speak up—because I wasn’t a Diablo fan;

Then they came for me, but by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
All this talk about "ruining" BG would be - perhaps - true if there was something to ruin. BGs were just games, a bad one and an OK one, taking old franchise and making bad sequels is normal in entertainment. Unfortunately.
Fallouts at least had established and somewhat interesting lore that was fucked up and Diablo 1 its gothic climate to ruin, though I didn't care much about the latter. Additionally, the change of mechanic was from ok on paper - to even worse for Fallout. For Diablo it was from single player to a slot machine mp game. Even considering all that, the issue is not that they ruined the lore but that F3 & 4 were BAD games. Unless you are a fanboy and care about it more than gameplay.
Otoh BG3 will have the same banal shit boring setting and lore (aka D&D fantasy, FR or whatever) as BGs did. As to the change of RTwP to TB it could only be good mechanically if the game was worth anything otherwise. Which it might not and THIS is the issue.

Baldur Gates' fanboys are like all other fanboys. And so are the Larian ones. One would perhaps say: "Fanboy, fanboy never changes...".

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They are runining BG like Bethesda did with Fallout.

First they came for the Fallout fans, and I didn’t speak up-—because I wasn’t a Fallout fan;

Then they came for the Diablo fans, and I didn’t speak up—because I wasn’t a Diablo fan;

Then they came for me, but by that time there was no one left to speak up for me.

Then they came for me, but by that time there was no one left to speak up for me; because I hadn't allocated myself a pronoun in a RPG.

:troll:

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm gonna let you guys finish, but iwd2 (and bg2 with scs i guess) has great combat. Better than toee, sadly.

Last edited:

Goldschmidt

Learned
Causal Directed Acyclic Graphs have shown that Autism is the cause for preferring turn based because those minds can not deal with multiple objectives at the same time. They need to take baby step by baby step.

On the aspie-girl forum:

AspieTB1.png

AspieTB2.png

AspieTB3.png

Last edited:

Skdursh

Savant
Honestly I'd give the majority of the content in BG1 a 60/100, mostly because half of the game is made up of huge stretches of repetitive, empty forest maps populated by trash mobs, but people who don't like BG2 just don't have the IQ required to comprehend how to tackle the game.

Goldschmidt

Learned
I gave this to my first year high school pupils as a math class assignment: "What is the curvature of the Turkish penis given equal length size of the population?"

And in my physics class I told them to replicate the experiment.
That is why I asked the girls, the day earlier, to put into their agenda that they had to bring their dildos with them.
I swear no hymens were broken. It was all ethical!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom