Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

desocupado

Magister
If he wins a crusade, the Imperium is no more, and the Space Marines are gone. So of course he keeps losing.

uona

Novice
hmmmm. so we basically have no way of getting over 400-500 mareenz.

Due to this it seems that we have to change the organizational structure of our "chapter". We have to welcome the guard in as regular humans and make it so that the marenz are the elite of the army. Maybe like the old earth armies with a proffesional core but lots of militias and stuff on the flanks. We will be deviating a hell of a lot from the codex astartes but we need to beef up our numbers. We woiuld be a new type of chapter. This is of course midterm.

Short term would be moar guard allies and moar supply caches and long term is space flight.

On another note: Disregarding the pylons and chaos invasion for a moment. How feasible is it to live in cadia long term? Id imagine that due to the number of wars fought over the world the land wouldnt grow too much food.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
uona said:
hmmmm. so we basically have no way of getting over 400-500 mareenz.

Due to this it seems that we have to change the organizational structure of our "chapter". We have to welcome the guard in as regular humans and make it so that the marenz are the elite of the army. Maybe like the old earth armies with a proffesional core but lots of militias and stuff on the flanks. We will be deviating a hell of a lot from the codex astartes but we need to beef up our numbers. We woiuld be a new type of chapter. This is of course midterm.

That's bound to piss off some of the more diehard members of the chapter. They'd find it heresy that we'd even allow such common rabble into the chapter. Doubly so since they aren't even Space Marines.
There'd probably be mutinies all around.

oscar

Arcane
Well before recent events the world was easily self-sufficient, exporting tons of armaments and not needing any food imports. I'm not entirely sure what condition the world is in presently but the fact the Kasr seems well stocked and no one's starving would indicate things aren't too bad.

Doctrine wise, agreed with tight integration with guardsmen. The Angels with their jetpacks and short range focus should be used to rapidly move across the battlefield and either act as a reserve when things are getting hairy for the Cadians (what since we're not fighting Tau or Elder will almost definitely mean they've been engaged in close fighting) or use their mobility to create chaos in rear areas of the battlefield, flank/rear attack and pursue.

Basically hammer and avil with the guardsmen as the anvil and us the hammer. Though having to co-operate and possibly take orders from mere guardsmen won't help morale too much..

Destroid

Arcane
The needs of an imperial guard keep and it's garrison are subordinate to those of the chapter. Each marine is worth a thousand guardsmen lives.

Korgan

Arbiter
Damn, I thought we had recruiting facilities on the barge, like the Blood Ravens and other wandering chapters. Still, we *must* have some long-term plan to increase our numbers.
Can we talk to the local techpriests and get them to abandon AdMech dogma, especially the bans on AI and artificial life? Building more advanced and independent combat servitors would be a start. Research into Necron technology also sounds promising, if dangerous.
Also, if we do try and integrate some Guardsmen, we'd better start calling ourselves a Legion, as before the Heresy they were unified formations - about the only example of those in Imperial history.
Also, see what can be done about getting those 100 new recruits. Screw equipment, we can give them Guard carapace and plasma rifles/meltas.
Also, according to Imperial intel, Abaddon is such a colossal failure as a leader because he has no arms.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Incorporating filthy guardsmen into our chapter? SHAME AND HERESY. At best, we should 'just' cooperate with them, and by 'cooperate', I mean strip them of all their possessions that we might use to our advantage and keep them around as our lapdogs and cannon fodder :smug:

Long-term goal is pretty obvious. We need to get the fuck out of Cadia. Beats me how and beats me where, though. Begging the Eldar witches for help is unworthy of a true servant of the Imperium (not to mention we don't even know whether they are here), Necron tech is far beyond our comprehension and I doubt we're gonna meet any Tau bros who'd be willing to give us a ride either. I think we should use the powers of meta-importance and narrative and go through the pylons and raep the negron right whence they are coming from and seek new options there :smug:

As for where to go... I doubt going to Terra is a good idea. Not only is it like on the other end of the fucking galaxy (I think?) , it's also probably in gigantic turmoil, not to mention we might get intercepted by the mad techies of Mars and their (possibly) C'Tan-powered bros. Perhaps we should try to travel to a homeworld of another chapter and try uniting/working with them for the greater good or something?

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
In summary:
We only have the capacity to create 100 recruits, none with power armor or typical Space Marine equipment.
A long term stay on Cadia is out of the question, the geology is unsuitable for agriculture and there are thousands of Necrons all over the damn planet waiting to kill us.
Integrating the Imperial Guard into the chapter is out of the question, though cooperation is not.
Morale is pretty much down the toilet, we can only hope nobody is thinking of falling to chaos or betraying the chapter.
Necron technology is probably gonna go waaaay over our heads.
A voyage off-planet may be out of the question. As Root mentioned earlier any vessel will be shot by the Pylons, and you all seem to have failed to notice that we're not *part* of the Imperium anymore, and are regarded as traitors. We could get shot down the moment we approach the planet.
We can only assume that there aren't any Eldar or Tau on the planet who'd be willing to give us a lift. Not that any proper Space Marine would ask.
We don't have the time or the resources to destroy all the Pylons on Cadia.

So the only two options I can think of is:
1. Wait for whatever Chaos invasion Root may or may not be foreshadowing
2. Investigate the inside of a Pylon (yes, it's a suicide mission, but then again so is practically every other option we have.)

Destroid

Arcane
At least inside the pylon will be close quarter battle, where the Necrons are quite terrible. +1 Investigate pylon. I also think we should demand (and take by force if denied) any resources we need from the guardsmen, be they personnel, weapons ammo etc (grab some extra storm bolters off their vehicles).

lightbane

Arcane
An alliance with the Eldar? Wut. Not gonna happen, these xenos scum are morally unable to trust humans (they call us "Mon-kheig" after all), they'll use us and then sell us to the enemy. Best action would be to detonate the cyclonic torpedos so that everyone dies and we can start again :smug:

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Propose a joint alliance with the Castellan. Scour the fortress town to refit the armaments, drugs and other supplies. Figure out a means of getting off the planet asap. If only to go and find out what happened with the emperor and the imperium.

Venenum

Novice
One of the good opportunities that haven't been mentioned here yet (i think) is getting help from the Legion of the Damned. I mean, they appear to help those who fight for the Imperium and are in dire need and I guess that "dire need" doesn't even start to describe the current situation of this chapter. Sudden strike by the legionnaires can help them take an otherwise unwinnable battle (like investigating the pylon) or at the very least can save them from the pyrrhic victory which our marines can't really afford. That also should give them some boost to morale, I mean, it's a freaking miracle, for Emperor's sake! Though, with them perceiving Emperor as a father figure I'm not sure how would they react... Anyhow, that will remind 'em that a true space marine's loyalty goes beyond death, smth like that.

From all the options of getting help from outside, this is one of the "purest" ones. And one of the most realistic (yeah, dudes appearing out of thin air is realistic). The hard part is, it's not like you can flare a bat-signal and wait for them to arrive, as far as I know, there's no way to ask them directly (which is a bogus). Still, lorekeeper could've heard something about 'em (he is a lorekeeper, after all) or maybe the BC might 'bout their existance due to his ties with inquisition. So if one of them hopes for the Legion to arrive, than maybe, just maybe this hope will be enough.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
So, we either prepare to fight the inquisition, or charge for one of them necron deathgates?(Or pray that the random hand of fate gives us aces)

Good grief, we're choosing between death in the catacombs or death as if we were traitors. Then again, I'm very interested in finding out about these "assets" that allow for safe warp travel.

In the end, I'd rather fight the inquisition(assuming diplomacy is impossible). Although... maybe we could hide when the inquisition shows up?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The Lorekeeper brings up a good point that I wanted to mention, but forgot.

What kind of a retarded name is 'Exterminating Angels'?

eklektyk

Erudite
hmmm Inquisition and special "assets" ?
it smels of chaos and heresy...
We shuld wait for them and dispath=kill all those unfaithfull "sobs" in Emperors name!

edit:to tired to spellchec corectly ...

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
eklektyk said:
hmmm Inquisition and special "assets" ?
it smels of chaos and heresy...

Also this. No ships except this 'unspecified' one respond, they can still do warp travel and communicate thanks to 'unusual assets'. How terribly convenient, isn't it?

Blow those guys out of the sky the moment they appear (or more like, wipe them out when they land, take their metal boxes and gtfo)

Orgasm

Barely Literate
The Inquisition was on board all along.
Dead psykers in power armor would be them?

eidt

We should raid the Eye of Terror. Kill Khorne. :M

Korgan

Arbiter
Okay, this Marr doesn't sound like a fool, madman or fanatic, and he's probably quite practical. Therefore, he'll judge us more by how useful we can be than by our reputation. So we'd better look more competent than this. And getting rid of all Imperial dogma that inhibits our capability without abandoning service to mankind is an excellent start. So, finish the Land Barge, research the possibility of making advanced servitors and automated weaponry (portable turrets, etc) to make up for our small numbers. The machine spirits should get used to it or else.
Also, there's probably an easy way to increase our firepower along that route. Find Guard weapon stocks and attach a plasmagun/meltagun/grenade launcher to every damn bolter! Even tactical squads can be armed to the teeth with such combi-weapons. Meltas get a priority as they're perfect against Necrons and can easily be brought to bear with our close combat doctrine.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom