Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

LARPFEST

oscar

Arcane
We are not too fight Silas Marr. He is a progressive force in the Imperium. We should at the very least attempt to co-operate with him and seriously consider joining. Though if is here to destroy us our only chance is to try and seize his ship and escape Cadia.

+1 to Korgan

Chef_Hathaway

King of the Juice
Patron
White Knight
Divinity: Original Sin BattleTech
Meltas are bad vs Necrons, they don't get a bonus versus them due to the living metal. Close combat or, preferably, heavy ordinance is the best way to deal with Necrons.

I agree we should see what this Marr fellow has to offer us first, as it may be the easiest way off this rock.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Another +1 to Korgan's plan.
The Deathwatch squads are probably better equipped and are far more experienced than us. Not to mention that the Imperial Guardsman might aid Silas instead of us, which would lead to us being hopelessly outnumbered and outgunned.
However, we should also prepare in case he is unopen to diplomacy. Rig explosives around the space port, set up heavy bolter squads to gun them down, maybe rig a few of those torpedoes just in case shit really hits the fan and we've got no chance of survival, just to take those bastards with us.
Edit: I'm still unsure about his 'assets' though. Could totally wreck our shit if we're not careful. So yeah, we need to try diplomacy first, then utter balls to the wall action if that doesn't work.

oscar

Arcane
I don't know about a suicide attack on him. He is still human and a positive force for Man. Though rigged explosives could be a good negotiating tool.

If he is hostile (in which case there is little doubt that the Guard would side with him over us) I'd much rather we flee and try and fight our way through a pylon then die fighting well-intentioned comrades.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I can't believe it.

Goddamn, bros, we're supposed to be the most X-TREME chapter in the whole universe, and you're turning to some hippie 'let's hide and work with everyone, we're good christians!' pacifist faggotry all the time?

THIS IS HERESY :x

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Darth Roxor said:
I can't believe it.

Goddamn, bros, we're supposed to be the most X-TREME chapter in the whole universe, and you're turning to some hippie 'let's hide and work with everyone, we're good christians!' pacifist faggotry all the time?

THIS IS HERESY :x
Badass or not, we're at half strength, morale is non-existent, we're on a planet infested with hundreds of thousands of Necrons, and in two months we're gonna encounter the Inquisition, to whom we're wanted for 'betraying' the Imperium.
Only option we have that won't lead to us all getting killed is to try and talk our way out of this.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Yeah, and what got us to this half strength and lack of morale? The lack of X-TREME. I can see this is going to end well :x

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
meh, let's go with A!!!!111111, pariahs may be motherfuckers, but they're outnumbered like 5:1 (assuming the squads are 10-something), our greenhorns may be greenhorns, but they're still Cadians, and Ezekiel can handle the lord, probably.

Or we might lose 100 potential bros. Whatev, let there be blood :thumbsup:

Or wait, the 200 downed warriors are gonna stand up. This doesn't look good for our greenhorns... Whatev, about time some X-TREME happened :M

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A

They are Space Marines now, it is a great honor for them to prove their worth!

Besides, if they could survive a black crusade, what's a few necrons going to do?

anus_pounder

Arcane
A

I'm perfectly aware of what would happen if Ez's necron weapons struck a necron lord, but the chance to raise morale and trust at the same time can't be ignored.
Now that we're working with the IG, we can't just think of our chapter's morale, trust is important. Work together, DAMMIT!

Kz3r0

Arcane
B

If you fight you fight, and let's acquire some of those schytes.

Yandere

Novice
B.

This is a good chance to show both our initiates and our new allies that we can actually fight. And that we look out for our own, which could do wonders when we are actually looking for allies.

B

A man must be confident in himself to earn the confidence of others. This "A" business is just pandering to the objectively inferiour *spit* imperial guard.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
anus_pounder said:
I'm perfectly aware of what would happen if Ez's necron weapons struck a necron lord, but the chance to raise morale and trust at the same time can't be ignored.

Only the C'Tan themselves are able to absorb fractal blades into their bodies. A warchyte will harm a necron lord.

herostratus said:
A man must be confident in himself to earn the confidence of others. This "A" business is just pandering to the objectively inferiour *spit* imperial guard.

:decline:
They are our neophytes - soon to be scout company. They have been recruited as astartes, and will be treated as astartes.

"He who stands with me shall be my brother."

Kz3r0

Arcane
BB
The Lorekeeper is our best asset, and sending away the Land Hulk is obviously a bad decision.

EvilIndie

Educated
Well, what are the two plans exactly? I think most of problems stem from not knowing what's being chosen, though the exploration of the ship and finding the demon when you already know the supposedly smart commander made the dumb mistake of underarming the troops was just stupid.

But regardless, AA

Having the feeble remnants of the battlebarge disintegrate is probably not a good idea. Changed my opinion about loremaster due to following post.

(been following along, hope you don't mind me chiming in)

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
AA
The Imperial Guard, and some of the Battle Brothers, barely trust the Lorekeeper as is. The absolute last thing we need is a repeat of our first battle against the Necrons, with soldiers openly defying orders from their superior. The Lord Castellan is far more experienced and far more credible a leader than the Lorekeeper, that and the Lorekeeper's fragile sanity and seething hatred for the inquisition might cost us victory in favor of spiting the Holy Ordos. You should also note that so far, all our victories were achieved by either complete luck (The recent Necron attack), with assistance from the Imperial Guard (The first Necron attack), or with complete faith COMBINED with luck (The Lorekeeper besting the Lord of Change, but we lost a few marines in the process). The Lorekeeper was also the one who wanted us to try and destroy all the Pylons on the planet, which was a pipe dream at best.
Our battle barge seems to be a complete crapshoot as is, and the only reason why it didn't just cost us 100 new recruits was the quick thinking of Ezekiel. We need to spare just a little more time to sorting out the kinks and bugs in its design.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom